Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 4: June-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Princess Eugenie of York 4

commencing June 2008

Part 3 covering March 2007 to June 2008 can be found here

~  ~

I still wonder why her Facebook account disappeared from the public view almost three months ago, even though it's one of her favourite pastimes.

Superior family orders I should think.

It is interesting that they have to "push" the princesses into charity work. I am reading the biography of Grand Duchess Ella, and her mother, Princess Alice came to Germany already prepared to go into charity work. She did a lot for the hospitals and the well-being of the subjects of Hesse-Darmstadt. It went without asking back then. My how times have changed.

eugenie is only just begining her gap year in september so she reallly hasnt had much of a chance to do charity work!! im glad she will do more.

Great to hear! why didnt she get her Coat of Arms on her Birthday March 23 also do Peter and Zara have one?

Do we know which university she will attend after her gap year.

Great to hear! why didnt she get her Coat of Arms on her Birthday March 23 also do Peter and Zara have one?
Peter and Zara don't have/won't get a coat of arms because they are not Royal Highnesses. Seems a bit unfair but that's the rule.

Peter and Zara don't have/won't get a coat of arms because they are not Royal Highnesses. Seems a bit unfair but that's the rule.

Eugenie was given the royal coat of arms because she is descended from the monarch on her father's side. Anyone can be granted a personal coat of arms, HRH or not. Peter and Zara would have to take their coats of arms from a grant of arms through Mark Phillips' family. What will be really interesting to see is if Louise and James will be granted a royal coat of arms. While they would certainly be entitled to it, their parents may not apply for it.

Eugenie was given the royal coat of arms because she is descended from the monarch on her father's side. Anyone can be granted a personal coat of arms, HRH or not. Peter and Zara would have to take their coats of arms from a grant of arms through Mark Phillips' family. What will be really interesting to see is if Louise and James will be granted a royal coat of arms. While they would certainly be entitled to it, their parents may not apply for it.
Yes, they would be entitled to a coat of arms from their father's family. I thought we were discussing the Royal Family coat of arms of which they are not entitled.

Good for Eugenie! I know she told Tatler that she considered herself more of a hard worker than an intellectual, but those scores definitely belong to someone with smarts!

Just so we have a permanent record in the thread, here's the relevant part from Skydragon's link:

Princess Eugenie has passed three A-levels, achieving the top grade in two of her subjects,
The Queen's 18-year-old granddaughter achieved A grades in art and English literature and a B in history of art.

The young royal is sixth in line to the throne and achieved better results than her elder sister Princess Beatrice, 20, a dyslexia sufferer, who got an A in drama and B grades in history and film studies last summer.

That is great news. Hope she uses her academic achievements to date to help build a career for herself independent of the royal family

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they have special programs for those with Autism, dyslexia is considered autism. My kid has ADD and they roll out the red carpet for him on tests, exams, and such.

The A-level exams are standardised across the whole country, so I don't know how much leeway there is to give preferential treatment to people with learning disabilities. The results have to be consistent from person to person in standardised national exams.

Somebody needs to give that poor girl in white a burger! :eek:
Eugenie looks very nice!

I was thinking the exact same thing. Not healthy and not attractive. Eugenie on the other hand looks healthy and very attractive.

Princess Eugenie leaving a birthday party at Kitts nightclub in the early hours of the morning
London, England - 02.09.08

WENN Photo Library

:previous: Wow! Eugenie has started to wear cutting edge "fashion" as opposed to that Royal Dictum - style. In so doing she puts herself on the same track as Zara. Love it or hate it it is great to see her experimenting and not looking like a clone of her sister and on occasion her mother. That being the case, the Queen, her mother or anyone over the age of 25 would look like mutton dressed as lamb. :ohmy:

I think she looks trendy but more, especially, happy. (Got to admire hot pink with the Ferguson red/auburn hair). :flowers:

Def. an eye-catching gettup. But she's young and having fun and can get away w this sort of thing for now. Almost reminds me of those bright colors and wacky outfits of the 80s!

I love that we're starting to see a more adventurous side of Eugenie. The pink eyelashes are fabulous for a night out on the town! :D

Yeah, not something you'd catch me in but oh well!
Def. an eye-catching gettup. But she's young and having fun and can get away w this sort of thing for now. Almost reminds me of those bright colors and wacky outfits of the 80s!
You mean, Bella, like the bubble wrap and electrical tape Dale Bozzio of Missing Persons used to wear?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom