The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Aristocracy

Because the bodyguards are not a luxury of the RF but rather something the people who pay for it require them to have. Another way to think about it would be if private-school fees were required for children in state (public) schools- the government can't require something one often doesn't want to do and then charge hansomely for it.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Nobility

Bodyguards

Quote:
The school, where the princes spend 38 weeks a year, is, in fact, an oasis of normality for the boys. Their lives there are much like their schoolmates': They sleep in a simple dormitory, bathe in a communal washroom and are allowed to go home just once a month. Still, they are assigned a rotating team of 18 bodyguards, and a detective is posted outside their respective classrooms.
This is from an article I found about the princes bodyguards Ludgrove school.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Eugenie at a play with her mother and sister:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=7&tag=1
Old 12-22-2006, 07:01 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Eugenie concerns me because she always seems to look downright unhappy in her photos -- not simply unsmiling, but miserable. Yes, I know it's been said the reason is braces but one can still smile with braces on -- even if you don't want to show them.

Perhaps she is simply a very serious girl but I must say that it can't be easy having such an extroverted and outspoken mother like Sarah. I'm not saying Sarah is the cause of any unhappiness Eugenie may have, but teenagers can be so sensitive to what their parents say and do in front of others and I do have to wonder whether Eugenie totally supports her mother in "everything" as Sarah has claimed?
Old 12-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Aristocracy

I do not think she is unhappy, she just seems to be a very shy girl, and conscious of her braces. She is very beautiful though. I think she is classically prettier than Beatrice.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck
I do not think she is unhappy, she just seems to be a very shy girl, and conscious of her braces. She is very beautiful though. I think she is classically prettier than Beatrice.
I agree. She doesnt seem unhappy to me. I think she may be shy and doesn not like the attention very much. There are may pictures of her smiling..especially when she is not the centre of attention.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:02 AM
Gentry

Looks like she had a pretty good time at Christmas, Ths pics I've seen of her at Church, she was smiling and it kinda looks like she was joking around. she also waves to the crowd...I've never seen her doing it on christmas day.
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=7&tag=4
Old 12-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_windsor
I agree. She doesnt seem unhappy to me. I think she may be shy and doesn not like the attention very much. There are may pictures of her smiling..especially when she is not the centre of attention.
Why, then, does her mother insist on dragging her out to non-important public events, such as fashion shows, parties and the like, where the girl is clearly not comfortable? It seems Sarah Ferguson must chase the limelight, regardless of the cost.

It is nice to see Eugenie looking happier on Christmas Day, though.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:52 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Eugenie is definitly the prettiest British Royal of this gneration! she outshines her siter who obviously wants the limelight!
Old 12-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Aristocracy

How is it obvious that Beatrice "wants the limelight"?

No doubt, though, this thread will simply continue on about who is "prettiest" as usual...
Old 12-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Serene Highness

I think Eugenie looked bizarre in photos before/after the church service. Maybe it was just the way the pictures were taken but she looked to me too animated and over-the-top. Maybe she's on medication or something. Also, her 1960s dress-coat made her look pregnant.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Aristocracy

Well, I guess there is nothing wrong appearing "animated" when you're 16 years old and you're with your family on Christmas Day at an essentially private function - church at Sandringham.

In my opinion,the York girls have no fashion style whatsoever at this stage - their choices are unflattering and very often not suited to the occasion. Hopefully that will come with maturity as few of us are stylish at their age. Way too many belts, lapels, layers and trimmings. Vertiginous high heels look cheap on them also. They do not have the blessing of a chic mother to guide them, as I'm sure many British couturiers would be only too happy to dress them.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Nobility

Chrissy57 do you agree with foiegrass that Princess Eugenie is smartest of the young royals?
Old 12-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
as I'm sure many British couturiers would be only too happy to dress them.
A few years ago, a well-known- well, I can't remember exactly what she was, but some sort of fashion advisor- turned down Sarah's request to help guide the girls with their fashion. Basically, she said they were too far gone!
Old 12-27-2006, 02:59 AM
Aristocracy

Surely at their tender ages, they can still be influenced and are not too "far gone" fashion-wise?!

I predict that, in a few years, when they manage to extricate themselves a little more from their over-the-top mother who regards herself and her daughters as "The Tripod", we shall see more individual choices in clothing style from these princesses.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams
A few years ago, a well-known- well, I can't remember exactly what she was, but some sort of fashion advisor- turned down Sarah's request to help guide the girls with their fashion. Basically, she said they were too far gone!
I find this hard to believe. Though I don't doubt it. IMO it just shows poor business sense. After all, these are two royal princesses. Imagine the publicity this fashion advisor could have generated for his/her self by properly dressing them. They're teenagers and they're probably just getting a feel for their own sense of style, like all teenagers do. I don't always care for what they wear but they are not "too far gone." What sort of comment was that? Ignorant and rude, I say.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Aristocracy

The lady gave her name, so I think she felt she was helping rather than hurting her business. Frankly, I wouldn't want to be thought responsible for what they wear.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams
The lady gave her name, so I think she felt she was helping rather than hurting her business. Frankly, I wouldn't want to be thought responsible for what they wear.
But wouldn't you want to be known as the person who really turned the princesses style around? I'd think most designers would want the challenge. Maybe not. The girls don't dress that bad, though. Maybe the designer didn't want to get involved with all the drama that always surrounds members of the BRF, usually through no fault of their own. As someone has said, I believe, it'll be interesting to see how they blossom when they're finally more out on their own and not so much under Sarah's direct influence.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Nobility

Maybe Bea will get a since of fashion if she comes to a US university. I know this is just a rumor.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Chrissy57 do you agree with foiegrass that Princess Eugenie is smartest of the young royals?
As we really don't know all her results compared to her older cousins that is a hard call to make at this stage.

When we have her A level results and can compare them to Peter, Zara, William, Harry and Beatrice we can make a better judgement but I would certainly put her up there with William and Peter. Harry seems to be the least capable academically (and that doesn't mean anything negative as he has other strengths and has made it through Sandhurst which is no small academic achievement), with Beatrice also having her struggles due to dyslexia and coping with that.

Tags
princess eugenie