Princess Eugenie of York News and Pictures 2: March 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HighGoalHighDreams said:
That is just the way it works; for example, Dr Gaily from Manor, William's House at Eton, called him in Chile with the results.

Do all students have their results given to them in this way?

It depends on the school (and possibly the House) but it is normal routine. In other words, not every student in the country, but this was not a special privledge for these royals.

Does anyone know how her sister dis on her AS-Levels? Chrissy57 do you agree with foiegrass that Princess Eugenie is smartest of the young royals? ther was a misstake in post #123 that can be deleted thank you

Last edited:
The school website said the results went out on the 17th of August.

Bodyguards

Princess Eugenie shares six bodyguards with her sister, 24 hours a day.

It must be hard to have bodyguards at boarding school.

that must be really strange cos they would be aroung at her school all the time

Really..for the average person having a bodyguard is strange. But for well known figures its the norm. For someone of Eugenie stature to have bodyguards who accompany her to school , field trips or nights on the town it is necessary part of life.

Panic

lady_windsor said:
that must be really strange cos they would be aroung at her school all the time
This is from an article on her first day of school at Marlborough College.
http://archive.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/2003/9/4/146716.html
College insiders have revealed that Princess Eugenie has rooms in the relatively new Millmead House that can be seen from Granham Hill in the water meadows between the River Kennet and C House, the former Castle Inn built at the start of the 18th century by the Duke of Somerset.

The princess, who has been enrolled under the name of Eugenie York, has a bedroom and a study, both of which have been specially fitted out with panic buttons so that she can summon her personal protection officers who have rooms next door.

It is understood she will be accompanied at all times, even to lessons, by a member of the royal protection team although in the first few days as she settles in, her protection is being organised by the Wiltshire Constabulary.

I can't imagine living like that; the constant fear of someone out there who just might hurt you because of what they might gain from it. And the fact that you have to have ppl always around you. Talk about no personal privacy. Though I suppose if this is how you were brought up from infancy and it's all you really know then I suppose it's not a big deal.

Actually, from what we know of the British royals, having a bodyguard is not something they ever "really" get used to. It's not a "shock" kind of feeling to have it from one's birth, but from what we can gather, it's still not normal-feeling. It is kind of like how William says he will get used to having his picture taken- he's very accustomed to it, but it's still not normal.

Beatrice's BGs

I do not know how Eugenie feels about her bodyguards.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=J3OF34PFFCROXQFIQMGSFFWAVCBQ WIV0?xml=/news/2005/08/03/nbea03.xml

But as normal as she might like to be, her seniority in the royal pecking order necessitates a bodyguard, 24 hours a day. She and her younger sister, Eugenie, share six of them, on a rota.

"My friends call them the BGs," she says.

And being trailed all day and night cannot be easy for any adolescent, particularly if you are on a date.

Beatrice laughs and gives a faint blush. "It's just like having a constant buddy with you. My friends love them as well. They are very good at just melting into the background to try and make my life as normal as possible," she says.

It is sad :sad: that the princesses need bodyguards at there boarding schools St George's School, Ascot and Marlborough College.

I suppose Eugenie will know no different, and having bodyguards around her will be normal life for her - but for us it will appear strange.

Who pays for her protection at boarding school?
And who pays for her fees at boarding school?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do believe taxpayers pay for protection as they do with all the royals. As for paying for school that would be her parents, i don't know if they split the cost or not, that be consider confidental. But someone may still know.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/columnists/columnists.html?in_article_id=229211&in_page_id=1772&in_author_id=245

No one wants to pay to keep Eugenie safe.
From: The Mail on Sunday (London, England) | Date: August 24, 2003 | Author: Helliker, Adam
Byline: ADAM HELLIKER
THERE are just ten days to go before Princess Eugenie takes up her place at the exclusive Marlborough College, yet no one wants to pay for the elaborate security arrangements which have been undertaken in readiness for her arrival.
Both Scotland Yard and the Home Office have refused to pick up the tab, which is said to have run into six figures, for keeping terrorists and intruders away from the Duke and Duchess of York's 13-year-old daughter.
The protection measures at the [pounds sterling]19,000a-year school include upgrading a suite of rooms ...

This is from an article just before she started college.

Last edited:
The royal family certainly have enough money to pay for their own security. I always thought the bill was indeed footed by the RF. Why would Scotland Yard and/or the Home Office pay for Pss. Eugenie's security?

The Princess, who is sixth in line to the throne, is entitled to 24-hour police protection and is accompanied by a police officer at all times paid for by Scotland Yard.
This is in the article.

Because the bodyguards are not a luxury of the RF but rather something the people who pay for it require them to have. Another way to think about it would be if private-school fees were required for children in state (public) schools- the government can't require something one often doesn't want to do :flowers: and then charge hansomely for it.

Bodyguards

The school, where the princes spend 38 weeks a year, is, in fact, an oasis of normality for the boys. Their lives there are much like their schoolmates': They sleep in a simple dormitory, bathe in a communal washroom and are allowed to go home just once a month. Still, they are assigned a rotating team of 18 bodyguards, and a detective is posted outside their respective classrooms.

This is from an article I found about the princes bodyguards Ludgrove school.

Princess Eugenie concerns me because she always seems to look downright unhappy in her photos -- not simply unsmiling, but miserable. Yes, I know it's been said the reason is braces but one can still smile with braces on -- even if you don't want to show them.

Perhaps she is simply a very serious girl but I must say that it can't be easy having such an extroverted and outspoken mother like Sarah. I'm not saying Sarah is the cause of any unhappiness Eugenie may have, but teenagers can be so sensitive to what their parents say and do in front of others and I do have to wonder whether Eugenie totally supports her mother in "everything" as Sarah has claimed?

I do not think she is unhappy, she just seems to be a very shy girl, and conscious of her braces. She is very beautiful though. I think she is classically prettier than Beatrice.

Beck said:
I do not think she is unhappy, she just seems to be a very shy girl, and conscious of her braces. She is very beautiful though. I think she is classically prettier than Beatrice.
I agree. She doesnt seem unhappy to me. I think she may be shy and doesn not like the attention very much. There are may pictures of her smiling..especially when she is not the centre of attention.

lady_windsor said:
I agree. She doesnt seem unhappy to me. I think she may be shy and doesn not like the attention very much. There are may pictures of her smiling..especially when she is not the centre of attention.

Why, then, does her mother insist on dragging her out to non-important public events, such as fashion shows, parties and the like, where the girl is clearly not comfortable? It seems Sarah Ferguson must chase the limelight, regardless of the cost. :rolleyes:

It is nice to see Eugenie looking happier on Christmas Day, though. :)

Princess Eugenie is definitly the prettiest British Royal of this gneration! she outshines her siter who obviously wants the limelight!

How is it obvious that Beatrice "wants the limelight"? :cool:

No doubt, though, this thread will simply continue on about who is "prettiest" as usual...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom