The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Aristocracy

There's a picture accompanying an article about the wedding in this weeks's Hello! She isn't mentioned in the article, just the picture caption.

Old 07-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Nobility

Sent Away

Why was Princess Eugenie sent away to boarding school Marlborough College?

Old 07-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

Many kids (myself included) choose to go away to boarding school. Eugenie definitely did. Her and her sister were both day students, then made the choice to start boarding. Of the several hundred children at Eugenie's school, only about twenty are day students during any given year. I've heard a LOT of that "sending away" nonsense (in general, not about Eugenie). It does happen, and not uncommonly, but just because people choose to disagree with the practice (and their disagreements have merit in some cases) it does NOT mean other people are not capable of making the decision to live away from home during middle or high school. Also, almost no one makes that complaint during college. There is nothing magical about the number eighteen that makes it easier for a child to go away for the child. If people were considered adults at 21 here, we would whine when 18-year-olds elsewhere went to college. If we considered 15 an adult here, people would roll their eyes at the notion that a child boarding at 15 was "shipping him off", IMO.

Edited to add: In many cases (including mine) it is actually better for the child to be in a boarding environment. I know a several kids with one parent working over full time who go away to an academic boarding school at their consent, because that is where the more stable environment is, not the home. In Eugenie's case, her parents are away a LOT, because that is there station in life, and nothing can be done about it.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams
Edited to add: In many cases (including mine) it is actually better for the child to be in a boarding environment.
There is truth to this. My father grew up in NYC and he and my uncle were "shipped off" to boarding school to the middle of nowhere Vermont. A strictly Catholic boys boarding school. My grandparents did it to keep them out of potential trouble they could get into in the city. And my dad and my uncle loved it. They were home for holidays and vacations and never felt shipped off. For many many years they remained close to the Jesuit fathers that mentored them. I even toyed with the idea of going off to boarding school but my local social ties were too strong.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does anybody know her hieght and does she have brown eyes or dark blue.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

You see families where both parents are high-powered executives send their kids off to boarding school especially if both the parents have to relocate for their jobs. One woman I know relocated 5 times in 5 years and for much of the time, she and her husband weren't even living in the same city. Its too hard on the kids to start a new school and try to make new friends only to be pulled out a year later and have to do it all over again.

A boarding school the kids can always go back to regardless of where their parents are gives these kids stability when their parent's living arrangements do not.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Gentry

i just saw pics of eugenie leaving the ship. she looks awesome. I love her outfit, but where is beatrice?
could somebody post the pics?
Old 07-31-2006, 06:33 AM
Courtier

HEre are the picture of Eugenie from Getty Images. I think Beatrice probably left earlier in the week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71537565.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	257285   Click image for larger version

Name:	71537811.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	257286   Click image for larger version

Name:	71537799.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	257287   Click image for larger version

Name:	71537802.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	257288  

Old 07-31-2006, 07:19 AM
Gentry

thanks lady windsor

i so love her outfit,...it looks real good on her.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:21 AM
Commoner

Every time princess Eugenie looks better than the previous time. She is really pretty.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

That outfit looks way to old for her. It looks like something Camilla would wear. I think I have seen Camilla wearing it. She is very pretty but she needs to change her eyebrows. Thats the one thing that just bothers me so much. I just wanna attack her with tweezers when I see her. I think the older she gets the prettier she will get though. I hope she inherited Andrews aging genes. He still looks very good for his age.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Royal Highness

Something I find interesting to see in those pictures is how much Eugene looks like her father while her sister's features are more like their mother. The most noticeable fatherly feature Eugene has is her jaw line (post # 68, first picture) while her sister's eyes are 100% Sarah's. But Eugene is, in my opinion, the most beautiful of the new generation of Windsor kids. She kind of has that Charlotte-of-Monaco-distant-look going on, like in every picture her mind is someplace else away from all the cameras.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have also noticed the similaritys between her and charlotte. I also see the jawline. I think that may work against her because it can look strong and masculine but there are ways around that.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
Something I find interesting to see in those pictures is how much Eugene looks like her father while her sister's features are more like their mother. The most noticeable fatherly feature Eugene has is her jaw line (post # 68, first picture) while her sister's eyes are 100% Sarah's. But Eugene is, in my opinion, the most beautiful of the new generation of Windsor kids. She kind of has that Charlotte-of-Monaco-distant-look going on, like in every picture her mind is someplace else away from all the cameras.
I don't see a resemblence to Pss. Eugenie with any of her Windsor relatives past or present. Pss. Beatrice may have her mother's red hair but that's where the similarities end. Beatrice looks just like her dad ~ the mouth, the eyes, the jawline. I don't know where Eugenie gets her looks. Maybe some recessive gene somewhere.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know why but I have impressions that Eugenie has a little more style than Beatrice. E is more calm and gentle than her sis.

I agree that Eugenie reminds somehow Andrew and Beatrice - Sarah.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy

Sarah has said Beatrice looks just like her and Eugenie just like her father- and she is the one who has seen them most, so it's worth considering.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Aristocracy

I don't see a resemblence to Pss. Eugenie with any of her Windsor relatives past or present. Pss. Beatrice may have her mother's red hair but that's where the similarities end. Beatrice looks just like her dad ~ the mouth, the eyes, the jawline. I don't know where Eugenie gets her looks. Maybe some recessive gene somewhere.

Bella, Eugenie looks like her greatgrandmother, Queen mother, Queen Elizabeth
Old 08-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beatrice also looks a lot like a Queen Victoria when she was young.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
Beatrice also looks a lot like a Queen Victoria when she was young.
I've always thought so too...this picture at this link is a good example...the eyes, nose, teeth, mouth

http://www.lycoming.edu/whatsnew/rel...20Victoria.jpg
Old 08-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Courtier

Eugenie is such a pretty girl, I agree when Toledo said that Eugenie looks like her father while her sister's features are more like their mother, It is just
like he puts... Beatrice looks like her mother in her gestures and stuff

Tags
princess eugenie