The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Aristocracy

I believe Eugenie missed the first part of the Garter service due to exams at Marlborough today- but I defintitely can't say that for sure yet- don't quote me!

From the Beatrice thread:
Sarah, Beatrice, and Eugenie are on the cover of Ladies' Home Journal this month. It seems to me that it's the typical article where very little on the girls is given and the magazine tries to bill it as, as LHJ says this time, their 'first, "Here we are world" thing when its not. For what it's worth, the article is out with some new information.

Quotes from the article: http://lhj.com/lhj/story.jhtml;jsess...9781431161.xml

Old 06-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Courtier

BOTH IMAGES FROM GETTY

Old 06-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Nobility

^ when were those pic taken?
Old 06-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Eugenie is very pretty!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams
I believe Eugenie missed the first part of the Garter service due to exams at Marlborough today- but I defintitely can't say that for sure yet- don't quote me!
Its true, she missed it because of her GCSEs (national exams)
Old 06-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Eugenia is all grown up. Time flies. I can't wait to see more photos of her.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Eugenie yesterday with her mother in New York - you can see more pics of that in Sarah's current events thread:

(WENN)
Old 06-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Courtier

I just found some new pictures of eugenie with pixie geldof at a concert in london on this website http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...yp=clbi&nbc1=1
Old 06-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Thanks a lot for posting the link, lady windsor! It's nice to see Eugenie on her own and having fun. Plus: It's nice to see that she's not shy in front of the press without any support of her mother/family by her side :)
Old 06-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy

Eugenie attended Kelly Osbourne's white tie ball:

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...&sfld=C&nbc1=1

Sorry, thumbnails. :(

I can't see what she's wearing too well, but from what I can see, her dress looks great- and I hardly ever like what they wear!

Whoops, sorry, like Corbis, that takes you to the main page. Just search Princess Eugenie.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Courtier

Here are the pictures from wireimage larger
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Commoner

I just wonder when the girls are going to be able to go to a party that their mother does not attend?
Old 07-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Gentry

www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006280799,00.html

dunno if it was already posted...sorry if it is double
Old 07-02-2006, 06:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by madalx2
I just wonder when the girls are going to be able to go to a party that their mother does not attend?
Probably when they turn 18. They're too young to go by themselves to an adult party without an accompanying adult (other than their bodyguards who don't seem to act as moral police).
Old 07-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Nobility

Tight security for princess' first day

I finally found the article about Princess Eugenie first day at Marlborough College.

Tight security for princess' first day

From the Swindon Advertiser, first published Thursday 4th Sep 2003.
A MASSIVE security operation swung into place when Princess Eugenie, granddaughter of the Queen and sixth in line to the throne, began life at Marlborough College on Tuesday.

The 13-year-old former pupil of St George's School in Windsor is the first ever member of the monarchy to attend the college.

By deciding to send her to the £20,000 a year Marlborough public school her parents, the Duke and Duchess of York, have set her in the footsteps of worthies including former Poet laureate John Betjeman and her own uncle, Capt Mark Phillips.

Capt Phillips was a student at Marlborough in the late Sixties and subsequently went on to marry and later divorce Princess Eugenie's aunt, Princess Anne.

At one time it was intended that Peter Phillips, the son of Princess Anne and Capt Phillips, would attend Marlborough College, but his parents changed their minds.

College authorities must be hoping that the young princess, the younger daughter of the Duke of York and his wife Sarah Ferguson, is not given a cruel nickname like her uncle Mark.

His contemporaries dubbed him Foggy Phillips and the more unkind observers said this was because he was "thick and wet".

The sons and daughters of many distinguished world leaders and international celebrities have passed through the portals of Marlborough College.

The sons of the church emissary Terry Waite were at the school during some of the five years he was incarcerated in the Middle East.

A more recent pupil was the daughter of Gordon Sumner, better known as Sting, one of the country's richest pop stars who lives near Salisbury.

In earlier times the school might have invited the press along to see its new royal pupil arrive.

However the current Master, Edward Gould, who is due to retire next July, has issued a "no media" edict following a series of headline revelations in recent years about alleged drugs and sex scandals, some involving pupils and some involving staff.

Reporters were told to stay away from college events like the recent opening of the new Henry Hony theatre block and earlier this year the official opening by Olympic swimming star Sharron Davies of the school's new swimming pool.

However in a small town like Marlborough it is impossible to conceal that the famous public school's latest newcomer is the Queen's granddaughter.

College insiders have revealed that Princess Eugenie has rooms in the relatively new Millmead House that can be seen from Granham Hill in the water meadows between the River Kennet and C House, the former Castle Inn built at the start of the 18th century by the Duke of Somerset.

The princess, who has been enrolled under the name of Eugenie York, has a bedroom and a study, both of which have been specially fitted out with panic buttons so that she can summon her personal protection officers who have rooms next door.

It is understood she will be accompanied at all times, even to lessons, by a member of the royal protection team although in the first few days as she settles in, her protection is being organised by the Wiltshire Constabulary.

There was a large presence of local police officers when Princess Eugenie arrived and a mobile CCTV police van was on hand to record all visitor movements.

While the princess was shown to her rooms her parents were invited to tea with the master in the Master's Lodge.

While she may be the first ever member of the British monarchy to attend Marlborough College she is not the first to live in the town.

That distinction goes to her ancestors who stayed at the former Marlborough Castle, which belonged to the kings of England for 500 years.

The castle was built in the 11th century and stood in the grounds of what is now the world famous public school.

The mound on which the wooden keep stood can still be seen behind the school chapel.
Archive Home
From the Swindon Advertiser
http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk
© Newsquest Media Group 2003
Old 07-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Nobility

I think it is sad that Princess Eugenie has to have bodyguards at college.
Quote:
The princess, who has been enrolled under the name of Eugenie York, has a bedroom and a study, both of which have been specially fitted out with panic buttons so that she can summon her personal protection officers who have rooms next door.
Princess Eugenie will not be able to have an independent or private life at college. Princess Eugenie will not be able to come and go like the other students, she will always be around her personal protection officers.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Serene Highness

I can't imagine being shadowed by bodyguards. I suppose, though, if you've known nothing else your entire life it probably doesn't seem as weird as it would to someone just coming into it. Question: do the bodyguards live at the houses where the girls are? Or is it more a rotating shift?
Old 07-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Aristocracy

Eugenie attended the wedding of Jasmine Guiness (sp, sorry) in Ireland.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams
Eugenie attended the wedding of Jasmine Guiness (sp, sorry) in Ireland.
where do u know this from? do u have any pictures?or an article or something?..if u have some could u please post them?
Old 07-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
I can't imagine being shadowed by bodyguards. I suppose, though, if you've known nothing else your entire life it probably doesn't seem as weird as it would to someone just coming into it. Question: do the bodyguards live at the houses where the girls are? Or is it more a rotating shift?
Quote:

This is a partial internet article I found on Princess Eugenie. I hope it helps in answering your questions.

Quote:
No one wants to pay to keep Eugenie safe.
The Mail on Sunday (London, England); August 24, 2003; Helliker, Adam; 381 Words
There are just ten days to go before Princess Eugenie takes up her place at the exclusive Marlborough College, yet no one wants to pay for the elaborate security arrangements which have been undertaken in readiness for her arrival.

Tags
princess eugenie