Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 6: January-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the cameras had not come that close, it would not have looked that terrible. If you look for example on this pic, it's all less dramatical ;) ;)

iceflower said:
If the cameras had not come that close, it would not have looked that terrible. If you look for example on this pic, it's all less dramatical ;) ;)

She still looks a little "bug" eyed from a little bit much to drink. It is true that the press only press the photos that best go along with their story.:)

Didn't she learn anything from the princes mistakes?

iceflower said:
Yes, you are right :flowers: it does look less dramatic, but at 18 should a young woman be getting so drunk? It's bad enough when the boys do it! :flowers:

iceflower said:

I agree, Iceflower. In the pic you posted she looks fine. As for her bug eyes ~ she has large eyes. It has nothing to do w her being intoxicated. I think she looks quite sober, if you ask me. That awful pic w one eye half closed could just be a bad snap. How many of us have been photographed where the pic comes out less than flattering??? But of course that's the pic the tabloids will use to enhance their story. None of us were there so none of us can comment on her drinking/partying/whatever. Don't always believe everything you read (or even bad pictures for that matter).

I can understand Beatrice's inexperience and intoxication much more readily than her older cousins' continuing bouts of drunkeness. She's only 18, after all, but hopefully, she will learn to drink to enjoy herself, not destroy herself.

Here, binge-drinking amongst the young is a serious health problem which is causing much alarm and concern. Perhaps the UK doesn't have this problem and so can overlook the example and impact of seeing its young royals drunk so often. Lucky UK!

Polly said:
I can understand Beatrice's inexperience and intoxication much more readily than her older cousins' continuing bouts of drunkeness. She's only 18, after all, but hopefully, she will learn to drink to enjoy herself, not destroy herself.

Here, binge-drinking amongst the young is a serious health problem which is causing much alarm and concern. Perhaps the UK doesn't have this problem and so can overlook the example and impact of seeing its young royals drunk so often. Lucky UK!

Binge drinking is a serious problem in the UK as well.

BBC NEWS | Health | Binge drinking costing billions

This article is from 2003 - there is a link on the side to "Six year olds binge drinking' which I find frightening.

This article is from last Friday.

BBC NEWS | UK | Call to stop children's drinking

This one is from 2004 and says that UK teenage girls binge drink more than boys.

Girls binge drinking more than boys, UK

This problem needs to be addressed but what the solution is I don't have any ideas. It concerns me, when on a Monday morning I get to school and have to teach hung over 15 year olds who have spent the weekend drinking and the parents attitude is 'Oh they are just having fun'. We have had parents buy the alcohol and then video their kids throwing up after having gotten rotten!!! With the amount of advertising about alcohol is it any wonder that young people want to drink.

Polly said:
It is a major problem here as well, with more and more young women being treated for Liver damage.

Is it true in Europe that children are used to seeing alcohol at a young age?

cowarth said:
Is it true in Europe that children are used to seeing alcohol at a young age?

Don't children in America see alcohol from a very young age, except when their families are against every alcohol and never drink?

lilytornado said:
Don't children in America see alcohol from a very young age, except when their families are against every alcohol and never drink?

No. My parents are not against alcohol and will have some when they go out for special events, but they never had alcohol in the house when my sister and I were children. They don't even have hard liquor in the house now and my sister and I are 19 and 24 respectively. My dad has beer in the fridge in the garage, but that's it.

Parents who choose not to keep liquor in their home because they have young children don't always make that choice because they are tee-totalers and don't drink. Attitudes toward underage drinking in the US are much different than they are elsewhere. Personally, I didn't drink until I was 21 but not because I was a goody-two-shoes, but because I had no desire to drink and any friends I had who did drink never pressured me to do it. It was common knowledge that I didn't and that was that. My sister though, she has had alcohol before with friends.

Sister Morphine said:
No. My parents are not against alcohol and will have some when they go out for special events, but they never had alcohol in the house when my sister and I were children. They don't even have hard liquor in the house now and my sister and I are 19 and 24 respectively. My dad has beer in the fridge in the garage, but that's it.

Parents who choose not to keep liquor in their home because they have young children don't always make that choice because they are tee-totalers and don't drink. Attitudes toward underage drinking in the US are much different than they are elsewhere. Personally, I didn't drink until I was 21 but not because I was a goody-two-shoes, but because I had no desire to drink and any friends I had who did drink never pressured me to do it. It was common knowledge that I didn't and that was that. My sister though, she has had alcohol before with friends.

Interesting, thank you. I can understand that all, but I don't think that children are harmed by just seeing the bottle. When I was young, once in a while I saw some alcohol and knew it was not for children, but the same was true for coffe (and coca-cola to some degree), so when I was a child, I didn't really know anything about alcohol, either.

lilytornado said:
Interesting, thank you. I can understand that all, but I don't think that children are harmed by just seeing the bottle. When I was young, once in a while I saw some alcohol and knew it was not for children, but the same was true for coffe (and coca-cola to some degree), so when I was a child, I didn't really know anything about alcohol, either.

I don't think seeing the bottle inherently causes harm. I think seeing the bottle, knowing where it is and then going to get it, does however. If the child can see the liquor bottle, you have not done a good enough job hiding the bottle or storing it in a liquor cabinet where the child cannot access it. The same thing could be said for cleaning liquids, knives or guns. If you place it where you know the child cannot reach it/touch it/find it/use it.....then there is no issue.

A young child should not know where the alcohol is in your home, should you choose to have some. If they can see it, they know where it is. If they know where it is, they can get in it. If they get in it, they can get very ill. I wish more people understood how ridiculously easy it is to put a lock on the liquor cabinet OR put the alcohol in a cabinet without a glass door.

I appologize if I offended anyone one with my coments.

cowarth said:

?

I don't think anyone here said you offended them. You asked a legitimate question. Everything's fine, at least on my end. I can't speak for the others, although I'm sure they'd agree.

Sister Morphine said:
I don't think seeing the bottle inherently causes harm. I think seeing the bottle, knowing where it is and then going to get it, does however. If the child can see the liquor bottle, you have not done a good enough job hiding the bottle or storing it in a liquor cabinet where the child cannot access it. The same thing could be said for cleaning liquids, knives or guns. If you place it where you know the child cannot reach it/touch it/find it/use it.....then there is no issue.

A young child should not know where the alcohol is in your home, should you choose to have some. If they can see it, they know where it is. If they know where it is, they can get in it. If they get in it, they can get very ill. I wish more people understood how ridiculously easy it is to put a lock on the liquor cabinet OR put the alcohol in a cabinet without a glass door.

Yes, there I agree with you. The worst I have seen is parents putting cleaning liquids in empty sprite bottles to store it. :sad: I have actually heard that children died in cases like that.
My parents told me from a very young age to never drink from any bottle, when I don't know what is in there.

cowarth said:
Why should anyone be offended? I am not. :flowers:
Your questions are interesting. Is there any special reason why you asked this question in connection to Beatrice? Do you think the rumors of her drinking too much are connected with her parents not storing the alcohol properly? Do you think there is any connection with her being European? :flowers:

GlitteringTiaras said:
:ohmy:

Somebody should have cleaned her up a bit before leaving the club. What on earth is on her cheek?
It's merely the light of the cameras reflecting off her (tacky) sequined purse. The Daily Mail chose terrible pictures of her :wacko:.

babydoll, and they probably did that deliberately

stellad

Drinking Age

lilytornado said:
Why should anyone be offended? I am not. :flowers:
Your questions are interesting. Is there any special reason why you asked this question in connection to Beatrice? Do you think the rumors of her drinking too much are connected with her parents not storing the alcohol properly? Do you think there is any connection with her being European? :flowers:
I say this because I think the drinking age in England is ONLY 15. In the USA the age is 21, so this seems way to young to me.

Last edited:
From Wikipedia:

The legal age to purchase alcohol in the United Kingdom is 18.
Persons aged 16 and 17 may consume wine, beer, cider or perry [sherry?] with a meal in a restaurant providing they're with an adult and the adult orders it.

With the recent images of Princess Beatrice fresh in our minds, it is time to move to a new thread.

Part 7 can be found here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom