The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I was hoping she'd settle with that German one - Otto von someone. Can anyone remember his surname? He had a famous German relative if I remember rightly.
Do you mean Bismarck?

Old 11-15-2006, 07:26 PM

Bismarck! Thats it. Thankyou. Yes, I think he'd have been perfect for her.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness

Though I do agree she's definately too young to be seriously considering marriage or anything, I'll bet she ends up w an American. Just a vibe. Esp. if she goes to college over here in The States which, from what I've read, seems to be the game plan.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Nobility

She is taking a gap year in the USA.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Courtier

I read a while ago that she and her sister would spend some time helping their mother with PR stuff in NewYork..i guess thats not for her gap year though but has anyone got any information on that. Has it already happened or will they do it during the holidays?
Old 11-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_windsor
I read a while ago that she and her sister would spend some time helping their mother with PR stuff in NewYork..i guess thats not for her gap year though but has anyone got any information on that. Has it already happened or will they do it during the holidays?
I think Beatrice & Eugenie spend the Xmas holidays w their father and other members of the BRF. At least they used to when they were younger.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Aristocracy

They actually spend part or all summer helping their mother, it still maybe on going. There are pictures of them helping Sarah with book signings.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I'm surprised she allowed herself to be used for what amounts to a publicity stunt for a commercial venture just because her current boyfriend happens to work there.
But this little apple (Beatrice) is from this apple tree (Sarah)
Old 11-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Royal Highness

I don't know if it was officically announced by anyone at the Virgin flights that Beatrice accepted the trip. It could just be another made up headline because of who she happens to be in the same room with.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Bismarck! Thats it. Thankyou. Yes, I think he'd have been perfect for her.
She was dating a Graf von Bismarck?
Old 11-23-2006, 08:52 PM

Yup. Not sure if he was a Graf but he was a von Bismarck. He was perfect. Quite good looking, from decent stock, a bit of money. But she ended it as far as I know.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Aristocracy

Cal me old-fashioned, but I think royalty should start marrying their own kind again. No more real estate agents or news readers! ;-)
Old 11-23-2006, 08:55 PM

Hear Hear! It's about time we had some blue-blood pumped back into Royal veins.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Courtier

I think we are talking about Nikolai Graf von Bismarck. He's two years older than Bea and was born in London.

Definately too bad she broke that off.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:17 PM

Thats him. Nikolai von Bismarck. He was a perfect match. But who knows, they might get back together.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:18 AM
Courtier

did she actually date Nikolai? i read that her first boyfriend was that american guy
Old 11-26-2006, 06:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Hear Hear! It's about time we had some blue-blood pumped back into Royal veins.
I agree. New genes have been introduced with commoners but it would be more special to have blue bloods marrying their own kind
Old 11-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Serene Highness

Bea and Nikolai are still very close . It was him she asked to take her official 18th birthday snap.I agree that it would be nice to see Royals marrying into the aristocracy again at least. I would love to see Bea, Eugenie and the "Lady" Windsors and Zara becoming Duchesses or Countesses with lovley big statley homes of their own. Helen and Davina havn't done it but I still hold out hope for Gabriella and Rose but I don't see Zara going for that type.Another thing I disagree with is the first born inheriting the throne no matter what the sex. I think that when a brother has a sister on the throne it leaves him at a bit of a loose end whilst women can always find a niche with a husband and family. I always feel sorry for Carl Philip in Sweden for example as I believe in the term "son and heir". I know it's a bit off topic but I've been looking for a thread to voice this on for ages. Does anyone else think this way or is it just me?
Old 11-26-2006, 08:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela
Bea and Nikolai are still very close . It was him she asked to take her official 18th birthday snap.I agree that it would be nice to see Royals marrying into the aristocracy again at least. I would love to see Bea, Eugenie and the "Lady" Windsors and Zara becoming Duchesses or Countesses with lovley big statley homes of their own. Helen and Davina havn't done it but I still hold out hope for Gabriella and Rose but I don't see Zara going for that type.Another thing I disagree with is the first born inheriting the throne no matter what the sex. I think that when a brother has a sister on the throne it leaves him at a bit of a loose end whilst women can always find a niche with a husband and family. I always feel sorry for Carl Philip in Sweden for example as I believe in the term "son and heir". I know it's a bit off topic but I've been looking for a thread to voice this on for ages. Does anyone else think this way or is it just me?
Don't feel sorry for Prince Carl Philip as he's quite publicly stated that he's glad he's not the 'son and heir', it means he can do what he wants with his life. The Dutch heir has royal duties the 'spares' were able to get paying jobs in areas they are interested in. The Swedish royals will be the same. As far as the other "Lady" Windsors or even Princesses, marrying into nobility, probably not. The era of arranged marriages for royals is over, they don't mix with other royals and they come into contact with a far wider group of people. Lady Davina married a New Zealand builder that she met when they were both holidaying in Bali. Lady Gabriella's just finished a relationship with an Indian journalist she met at university. Princess Alexandra of Kent who was related to half the European royals and mixed frequently with them still married an untitled man, the second son. Her children and grandchildren have no titles despite being descendents of Russian Tsars and British Kings. Anyone can have a stately home provided you can afford it, it's no longer something just for the nobility. Minor royals would prefer some nice comfortable home that won't cost them a fortune to run. Princess Michael of Kent said one of the reasons they sold their country home was that if it were passed onto their son Lord Frederick he wouldn't be able to afford the upkeep so they might as well sell it now ( and save on inheritance tax)

That's the real world of royalty as it is now, the era of Jane Austen is long gone.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Serene Highness

I don't mean by way of arranged marraiges.They still mix with a lot of young aristocrats and I think it would be nice if some marraiges came about naturally the way Lord Linley's did when he married the Hon. Serena Stanhope.

Tags
princess beatrice