The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 06:51 AM
Gentry

why are they bringing this story to the public now? its an school accident.stuff like that happens, everyday..... DOes she wanna have attention? or could it be that she is mad about that she wasn't invited to Beatrice's birthdayparty?

Old 09-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Serene Highness

This is absurd. If this girl's parents are wealthy enough to send her to the same school as Pss. Beatrice, I'm sure they have adequate dental insurance to cover such typical childhood accidents. Dang, this world has become so money hungry. I wonder if their daughter's teeth hadn't been injured by a royal princess if they would have even bothered seeking "restitution." Kids play around. Kids get hurt. I remember reading once that a friend of John Lennon's son, Sean, got hurt while playing at their Dakota apt. and the parents were looking for money for the (minor) hospital bill. When I was a kid and got injured accidentally at a friend's, my parents would never have gone after them for money. Tacky.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
This is absurd. If this girl's parents are wealthy enough to send her to the same school as Pss. Beatrice, I'm sure they have adequate dental insurance to cover such typical childhood accidents.
The school fee's are 1,265 to 2,450 pounds per term depending on your grade. I am not sure what grades are called in the UK.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Aristocracy

Grades= forms. :)
Old 09-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
This is absurd. If this girl's parents are wealthy enough to send her to the same school as Pss. Beatrice, I'm sure they have adequate dental insurance to cover such typical childhood accidents. Dang, this world has become so money hungry. I wonder if their daughter's teeth hadn't been injured by a royal princess if they would have even bothered seeking "restitution." Kids play around. Kids get hurt. I remember reading once that a friend of John Lennon's son, Sean, got hurt while playing at their Dakota apt. and the parents were looking for money for the (minor) hospital bill. When I was a kid and got injured accidentally at a friend's, my parents would never have gone after them for money. Tacky.
I doubt that it very much about the money. If you read some of the articles posted the young lady who was injured still suffers from pain all of these years later! She had some nerve damage and still has to have treatment. In the article the father states that its not so much about the money but there has not even been any sort of acknowledgment or apology for the incident. I wonder why not? Do they feel that they are above apologizing or that the incident was not thier fault. If my child was injured like this and there was no word of apology or acknowledgment I would be furious enough to press charges. Seeing as how a Royal Princess injured thier daughter how can this family possibly press charges without being publicly bashed. Hmmm....
Old 09-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
In the article the father states that its not so much about the money but there has not even been any sort of acknowledgment or apology for the incident. I wonder why not? Do they feel that they are above apologizing or that the incident was not thier fault. If my child was injured like this and there was no word of apology or acknowledgment I would be furious enough to press charges. Seeing as how a Royal Princess injured thier daughter how can this family possibly press charges without being publicly bashed. Hmmm....
We can question the sincerity of the parents when they say that they are not pressing charges for money. In risk management we learn early on that apologizing or sending a card or gift to an injured client can be seen as admitting that you were at fault and that's what the other party wants you to do so it's easier for them when they take you to court. I certainly understand why neither Andrew nor Fergie acknowkedge or apologize for the incident.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Commoner

Wouldn't the school have insurance for this type of thing?
Old 09-14-2006, 02:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
In risk management we learn early on that apologizing or sending a card or gift to an injured client can be seen as admitting that you were at fault and that's what the other party wants you to do so it's easier for them when they take you to court.
The irony is that as personal injury lawyers we learn from experience that with this sort of relatively minor injury it is often the very fact that no apology was made or interest shown in the injured person's wefare that causes a person to commence proceedings. People often don't really want to go through the process of what can be a lengthy court case, but when the person who has caused them or a member of their family to suffer has shown no remorse and has not offered to compensate them, they will do it as a matter of principle.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Serene Highness

I dunno . . . I guess we really don't know the whole story as the Duke & Duchess of York aren't publically discussing the matter. However, didn't it say somewhere that Beatrice did apologize at the time of the incident? This is a children's issue. Kids were playing around, one got hurt, the other said sorry. This thing happens all the time. Did Beatrice's parents even know the extent of this girl's injuries? I mean, she obviously wasn't rushed to the hospital so she probably went home and told her parents what happened and maybe it was them who determined the serious nature of the injury. And if so, did they contact Beatrice's parents at that time? And if not, then Andrew and Sarah would have had no way of knowing about it. Or about how serious it may have been. I guess I'm just skeptical of ppl who "go after" someone rich/famous for what seems to be - from my standpoint - a relatively minor affair.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Courtier

Wow! That must be "some" kinda jacket!! It must have a zipper made out of heavy duty lead, for it to knock out a tooth and injure 2 others!!!
Either that, or the other girl must have had pretty weak teeth to begin with!!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
Wow! That must be "some" kinda jacket!! It must have a zipper made out of heavy duty lead, for it to knock out a tooth and injure 2 others!!!
Either that, or the other girl must have had pretty weak teeth to begin with!!
Exactly!
Now, how hard was Beatrice swinging that thing (anorak)....?
This sounds like one of those freak accidents you hear about on the news.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Courtier

Exactely RachelD, unless Beatrice was literally swinging that thing with "malicious intent", which I severly doubt, it was a "freak accident". Kids will be kids. As a parent, you take things like this in stride, deal with it, and move on.
If restitution has not been paid as of yet, and the girls are now 18yrs old, I think it's time to just pail the bills and move on.
I know how expensive dental work is w/o insurance,but come on....2 yrs later they are now planning on taking leagal action???
Please.....suck it up and move on people!!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
Exactely RachelD, unless Beatrice was literally swinging that thing with "malicious intent", which I severly doubt, it was a "freak accident". Kids will be kids. As a parent, you take things like this in stride, deal with it, and move on.
If restitution has not been paid as of yet, and the girls are now 18yrs old, I think it's time to just pail the bills and move on.
I know how expensive dental work is w/o insurance,but come on....2 yrs later they are now planning on taking leagal action???
Please.....suck it up and move on people!!!!
Totally agree with you!
Old 09-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Did anyone else note that the article mentioned that the girl wasn't invited to Beatrice's birthday party. Why mention that? Are they not friends anymore because of the incident or because people grow apart? I am not really asking for an answer...just putting it out there.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Yes, I noticed it said that...and like you, I thought the same thing. Why mention that the girl was not invited? It seems the writer is trying to make Beatrice look guilty or something like that, especially because the main issue is already that the Duke and Duchess are "ignoring" the girls parent's request for compensation...It seems they tried to make the royal family look like they don't care about anyone else but themselves. I didn't like the way the article was written-my opinion.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah. It does seem like sensationalism. I'm sure there's more to it than we've been told. I would be surprised if Sarah and Andrew were coldly ignoring the other family.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:10 PM
Nobility

This is not about the money and this family is very petty. The family is wealthy if they can afford Coworth Park school fee's at 1,265 to 2,450 pounds per term and the exclusive senior school there daughter attends.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

"Caption : Princess Beatrice leaving the Cuckoo club, London, England - 16.09.06"

(WENN)
Old 09-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks Amazing , wasnt William there just last week.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Courtier

Its good to see a girl of the family clubbing and having fun, now i'm not
anymore with the impression of that only the boys can club in that family lol

Tags
princess beatrice