The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Aristocracy

I don't know that that is strictly true. That would normally be taken to mean a Monday-Friday boarder but with her parents' schedules it is more likely that she is in fact a seven-day boarder, if one who takes weekend breaks when she can.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Nobility

Weekends

http://www.stgeorges-ascot.org.uk/Sc...hool_Frame.htm
Quote:
How often am I allowed to go out?
It's possible to go out on lots of weekends during the term. However, there are some weekends when everyone stays in, so that they can get to know each other better. These are called "Closed Weekends" and you will find more information on the page called "Weekends and Exeats".

Old 08-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, but that is not being a "weekly boarder". That's just general information for students boarding in general- I didn't go to the link but am quite familiar with St George's Ascot as a school as well as with their site and as I recall that is under a question section (although I may be wrong).

I weekly boarder is someone who boards at school Monday-Friday and on certain weekends; as you looked up, at St George's Ascot these are called "closed weekends", as at many other schools.

What I believe Beatrice is is a full boarder. Her routine is formally to stay at the school seven days a week. However, she does go home at certain weekends for various reasons.

Terms like "weekly boarder" and "full boarder" are not St George's terms, they are general boarding school terms- I'm personally quite experienced with boarding schools and their policies, both here and in England. :)

The information about the terms above is correct, but as I said I can't say for certain Beatrice isn't a "weekly boarder"- just what that means, and that her parents just call it "boarding". (For those of you who got totally lost in all that ! I am meaning to say that the article calling her a "weekly boarder" may have misused that term, but I can't be sure.)
Old 08-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Nobility

Boarding

Quote:
What I believe Beatrice is is a full boarder. Her routine is formally to stay at the school seven days a week. However, she does go home at certain weekends for various reasons.
That makes since, her sister also is a boarding student.
Quote:
In 2003, Princess Eugenie began her higher education at Marlborough College in Wiltshire where she chose to become a boarder.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Didn't kate middleton attend Marlborough college?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
Didn't kate middleton attend Marlborough college?
Yes, but not for all her secondary schooling just the last couple of years.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1
Yes, but not for all her secondary schooling just the last couple of years.
Ok, thanks for answering my question!

do you why she only went the last couple of years?

I've heard her parents earned their fortune themselves, could they not afford Marlborough before?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Nobility

School

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
Ok, thanks for answering my question!

do you why she only went the last couple of years?

I've heard her parents earned their fortune themselves, could they not afford Marlborough before?
She was teased at St Andrews schoolher preparatory school in Pangbourne, and bullied at Downe House girls' schoolin Berkshire. Her parents saw how unhappy she was at school, at 14 sent her to board at Marlborough College in Wiltshire.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will's princess
She is a very pretty young lady and looks the spitting image of her mother imo
She looks more like her Dad I believe. Especially the eyes.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Nobility

Exams?

When do the AS-levels come out for Princess Beatrice?

Is it GCSE's in year 11
AS-levels in year 12
A-levels in year 13
Old 08-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Nobility

Does anyone think that Princess Beatrice will have her marks or not? I know they did for her GCSEs.They were released omn the 17th.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I was not sure where to post these so I apologise if they are in the wrong thread and have already been discussed

For quite some time I have been trying to work out who Princess Beatrice resembles and it was only this morning that it hit me...a young Queen Victoria.

Here are some eye and mouth shots to compare the two (a given that the one of Victoria is infact a portrait).

Is it only me who thinks there is a great likeness between the two?
Old 08-28-2006, 08:50 AM

I agree with you Madame Royale. There's a pic I have of Queen Victoria and she does look like Beatrice (well vice-versa). Great minds think alike eh?
Old 08-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale

For quite some time I have been trying to work out who Princess Beatrice resembles and it was only this morning that it hit me...a young Queen Victoria.

Is it only me who thinks there is a great likeness between the two?
No, there are several of us who have discussed this earlier on these forums.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I agree with you Madame Royale. There's a pic I have of Queen Victoria and she does look like Beatrice (well vice-versa). Great minds think alike eh?
Thanks for your responses BeatrixFan & selrahc4
Old 09-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Beatrice broke my tooth at school ... now I want £2,000
The parents of a teenager who needed dental work costing £2,000 after being struck in the face by Princess Beatrice have spoken of their seven-year battle for compensation and an apology from the Duke and Duchess of York.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...70&in_a_source=
Old 09-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Courtier

Those kind of things happen. When reading the article it all seems to me like a school accident. Plain and simple accident. I wonder why it's coming back now. Such accidents can easily happen with winter coat zippers. A few winters ago, I personnally cracked two front teeth when the elastic of my ski coat got caught then swang back and hit my teeth. And, unfortunately, I'm no longer a vivacious school kid.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Nobility

school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Princess Beatrice broke my tooth at school ... now I want £2,000
The parents of a teenager who needed dental work costing £2,000 after being struck in the face by Princess Beatrice have spoken of their seven-year battle for compensation and an apology from the Duke and Duchess of York.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...0&in_a_source=
Quote:
Brooke and Beatrice - now 16 and head girl of St George's School, Ascot - were firm friends but have drifted apart since the incident.
Does this mean that both girls attend St George's school, Ascot?
Old 09-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Nobility

It is coming up because the parents want an apology and payment for dental bills from Sarah and Andrew. Apparently they have not responded in a timely manor to requests for money and an apology. And it is 7 years they have been waiting.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy

Cowarth- nope. The part of the sentence refering to St George's only applies to Beatrice- you can tell because only one of them could be Head Girl. That is Beatrice, so by the rules of English the comment about St George's wouldn't refer to the other girl.

Tags
princess beatrice