The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
In sum: the young should really be allowed to express themselves, freely. I think it acceptable to laugh, but not to snigger. Basically, these two princesses still have a little growing up to do, but that's not a crime. Or is it?
Unfortunately, as RH's they do not have the luxury of 'ordinary' girls and nor should they. If they or their parents want them continue to receive the deference the HRH brings, then it is time to find them some help. Instead of saying 'of course you look wonderful' in whatever they choose to wear, point them in the right direction and if that is beyond either parent, find someone who can.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Courtier

I know that a lot of people will probably disagree with me, but when it comes to "personal style" you ar either born with it or you or not. It is something that can not be taught, read in a book, or learned on catwalks.
If you know what looks good on you and flatters you, than you wear those clothes instead of the clothes wearing you.
If you go by current fashions, trends, or whatever is printed in magazines and catalogs, 9 out 0f 10 times it will not flatter the wearer and the clothes end up wearing the person. Unless of course that particular outfit just happens to be your style. And in that case, you just lucked out!
I truthfully do not think these girls as well as their mother do not care about "personal style". They only care about "labels" and "designers" or whatever is "trendy" and think that because they wear these clothes it automaticlally gives them "style".
Sure, they are young and probably carefree right now, and should express themselves thru clothing, but they are also at a crucial age where they should be trying to find what works for them since they do not have style, and given the position that they are in, if they want people in the public to take them seriously in the future, they need to find something that makes them look like the proper young ladies that they are.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
I know that a lot of people will probably disagree with me, but when it comes to "personal style" you ar either born with it or you or not.
But if style is something you're either born with or you're not and you can't learn it, how are Beatrice and Eugenie supposed to "find something that makes them look like proper young ladies"?

I guess they could have fashion advisers telling them exactly what to wear at every different occasion but when you're a teenager, I think that's the last thing you want!
Old 04-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I guess they could have fashion advisers telling them exactly what to wear at every different occasion but when you're a teenager, I think that's the last thing you want!
They could have a stylist advise and dress them, but then they would be wearing what that particular person "thinks" would look good on them. You would be wearing an extension of "their" style. which would be a 100% better than what they are doing on their own, but is still not "their" style.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
They could have a stylist advise and dress them, but then they would be wearing what that particular person "thinks" would look good on them. You would be wearing an extension of "their" style. which would be a 100% better than what they are doing on their own, but is still not "their" style.
True, but they could have advisors, who actually advise and who aren't afraid to say, 'you look awful in that outfit, had you thought of teaming that skirt with another top'? It is possible, IMO, to guide them with a simple, 'wow you look great in that top, how about with this skirt', type remark.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:29 AM
Administrator

Pics 11.4.2008

Princess Beatrice of York and her boyfriend Dave
arrive at Amika nightclub London, England - 11.04.08

Well, I would say this outfit looks a bit better

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 04-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Serene Highness

I think B looks nice. That bf . . . yuck! What a goof!!! Does he ever wear anything besides jeans and a white shirt? Thanks, Ice!
Old 04-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Princess Beatrice of York and her boyfriend Dave
arrive at Amika nightclub London, England - 11.04.08

Well, I would say this outfit looks a bit better

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
I am so glad I was sitting down..... She actually looks really nice. Thank you for hunting those out iceflower!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Royal Highness

Well, well, well....perhaps someone has been reading the Royal Forums!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Royal Highness

I was over on the Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events page and it says she's looking to buy a one million pound apartment for Bea--anyone heard anything about this??

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Serene Highness

I read the million dollar apartment thing over on the Sarah thread and while it may seem extravagant for such a young woman if you look at other daughters of wealth around her age (the Hiltons, Ivana Trump, Casey Johnson, etc.) they all have million dollar homes as well - paid for by mommy & daddy. Some of these ladies are now working and earningn their own $$$ but they all got posh homes before they began their careers. And quite franky, who of us wouldnt' induldge our children in this way if we had the means? Pss B is a Royal - the Granddaguther of HM - which out trumps any of these 2nd or 3rd generation "newcomers" any day. Why shouldn't she have a nice place, too?
Old 04-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Royal Highness

She should have a nice place--but is she old enough? Maybe its the American in me--I don't know--but here the children generally go to college, get degrees and then get a place of their own. I think she's too young to have her own place, especially one at such a price!

Old 04-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I know that a lot of people will probably disagree with me, but when it comes to "personal style" you ar either born with it or you or not. It is something that can not be taught, read in a book, or learned on catwalks.
i totally agree with you. these girls may not be blessed with style sense but they have the means to get the advice they are so sorely lacking. just because you can afford to buy the latest, trendy clothing doesn't mean you should.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Nobility

I have to say I agree with sesa and Duchess. The York girls, mom included, definitely need to forget trends and focus on style. It has to possible for them to dress in a way that is both trendy and stylish.

It appears it is my day to harp on the Yorks. Has Andrew done anything lately that is harp-worthy????

Cat
Old 04-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Serene Highness

I totally agree, to me these girls dress like they buy their clothes at walmart, sorry nothing wrong with walmart, but they don't dress like young stylish RICH girls. IMHO. I personally think they dress like their mother, Sarah never really had any style sense, so I think they haven't had anyone around to guide them. I know I am really showing my age but PLEASE find some flattering clothing. They are very pretty girls with nice figures, they should try to take advantage of this while they still have it. Maybe their cousin Zara can help, she really dresses trendy but stylish now.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
She should have a nice place--but is she old enough? Maybe its the American in me--I don't know--but here the children generally go to college, get degrees and then get a place of their own. I think she's too young to have her own place, especially one at such a price!
I think it might be the American in you. Here every parent would, IMO, like the opportunity to get their children onto the housing ladder. A lot of children do go to university and have to rent a bedsit or if they are lucky a flat or small house. Those who have parents that can afford it purchase a flat or house, if the parent doesn't own one where they want to study, in our case the children were able to use a property we already owned, but as with many parents here, we have given them a leg up on the property market.

It is seen as an investment for the parent or the child. One million is not a huge sum for a decent place in the city and as with any parent, if you can, you do. By purchasing, you, the parent can control who else moves in (if anyone). For once I don't have a problem with Sarahs parental decision, if indeed it is true.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Nobility

I think it is wonderful that Sarah would buy Beatrice an apartment in London. I recently bought a condo for my son to live in while studying for his PhD. It is probable neither Beatrie or Eugenie will ever be working Royals as far as royal duties are concerned. It is one thing to be the granddaughter of the reigning monarch, it is a bit of a demotion to be the neice of the reigning Monarch and eventually only the cousin of same. Apart for the money they received in trust at the time of their parents divorce, and whatever the Queen leaves them upon her death, they will eventually be required to make their own way in this world. Giving them a leg up in the housing market seems like a sensible thing to do.

Cat
Old 04-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness

I dont mean to detour from this thread but if PssB and PssE aren't going to be working royals, should they really continue to hold the title HRH? I always thought that since they held the title and required police protection, they should at least work for the firm in some form to repay some of the money used on them. IMHO
Old 04-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

In some locations a million dollar apartment/condo isn't very lavish, or unheard of. (Even here in Des Moines, Iowa condos go for an obscene amount of money.)
Old 04-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Pics 17.4.2008

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clark, pictured on a nightout
at the Mahiki nightclub, London, 17th April 2008

On the first pic I see Bea, on the second her mother and on the
last one she reminds me a lot of her father

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Tags
princess beatrice