Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 9: November 2007-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to post my true feelings about this pair of 'beauties',I'd be banned.:lol:

I don't believe anyone expects them to wear a twinset and pearls, but it would be oh so nice, if just once they managed to look as if they had paid attention to what they were wearing.

I actually think they do pay a lot of attention to what they wear. The tunics and tights are a trendy look. The type of girls who really pay attention to the current fashion are the ones who tend to wear this kind of thing at my university.

I doubt Beatrice and Eugenie are thinking about being classic and perfectly dressed, they're more thinking about having fun with the current styles. I don't think they are the best dressers but I do think Eugenie tends to look better than Beatrice.

I actually think they do pay a lot of attention to what they wear. The tunics and tights are a trendy look. The type of girls who really pay attention to the current fashion are the ones who tend to wear this kind of thing at my university.
The tunic and leggings is just one of the fashions at the moment. B & E may follow the latest look, as do many 'youngsters', but they forget good old common sense. Just because the mini may be in vogue, doesn't mean everyone has the figure or youth to wear it successfully. :flowers:

The tunic and leggings is just one of the fashions at the moment. B & E may follow the latest look, as do many 'youngsters', but they forget good old common sense. Just because the mini may be in vogue, doesn't mean everyone has the figure or youth to wear it successfully. :flowers:

If they were just heiresses without the HRH in front of their names, nobody would even look at them besides golddiggers. :D

If they were just heiresses without the HRH in front of their names, nobody would even look at them besides golddiggers. :D

A perfect description JoP.:clap:

I detest useless freeloaders and I'll be so disappointed if Eugenie follows in the steps of her mother and elder sister.:shock:

I think the girls are beautiful, with such nice skin and lustrous hair. They are obviously confident and I think they are a credit to their parents. However, their fashion choices are not always flattering to them. I agree that they should not be expected to wear twinsets and pearls (although I confess that I often wear twinsets, double row of pearls, pearl stud earrings, brooch and watch) but they really do need to pay attention to whether or not their clothes flatter their figures. When they are with their grandmother, they tend to wear more flattering clothing, but other than that, they don't look so hot. It isn't necessarily the clothing choice itself--it is that the clothing does not flatter them.
I've said it once, I'll say again--they need to watch "What not to wear" and learn a thing or two.

It isn't necessarily the clothing choice itself--it is that the clothing does not flatter them.
I've said it once, I'll say again--they need to watch "What not to wear" and learn a thing or two.

This is true. However Sarah seems to have the same problem so maybe they just get it from her, I mean maybe they just didn't inherit a natural fashion sense.

More than that though, I can see Sarah encouraging the girls to wear stuff that didn't flatter their figures. It seems in line with her constant talk about self-esteem and not letting criticism get to you.

And really, I think there's so many more important things to focus on than what they wear.

On the other hand, that focus does get kind of unavoidable when they start suggesting they want to define their life around clothing...by which I mainly mean Beatrice's plans to become a fashion designer. I suspect Beatrice really does think she's a fashion expert. :ermm:

And really, I think there's so many more important things to focus on than what they wear.

On the other hand, that focus does get kind of unavoidable when they start suggesting they want to define their life around clothing...by which I mainly mean Beatrice's plans to become a fashion designer. I suspect Beatrice really does think she's a fashion expert. :ermm:
There isn't anything more to focus on with these two though, is there. They go to a nightclub in questionable clothing, emerge sober. They go to a nightclub in questionable clothing and emerge drunk. They very, very occasionally attend a royal event in questionable clothing....

They are 'brought out' with articles in Vanity Fair, with photographs that are so heavily air brushed, it rather proves that they or their mother are not confident with their bodies at all. I'm all for giving a child confidence, but agree with Charles when he said that it is not doing anyone any favours to tell a child they can do or be anything.

The thought of these two in the fashion industry, makes me want to stock up on clothing now. :D

Last edited:
Isn't fashion a subjective sense?

I know that I see haute couture collections from time to time and fall about laughing at the wicked jokes that some of the world's greatest designers inflict upon us (exception, in my opinion: Karl Lagerfeld).

I also have seen so-called fashion icons like Kate Moss and Stella McCartney wearing astonishing clothes which I'd certainly allow my daughter to wear but would still be stifling giggles when she did.

These two princesses are still very young, i.e., they're still finding their metier, as it were. Might we defer complete condemnation of them and their sense of style until they're, say, 30 years old, when, presumably, they would have had every opportunity to embrace some sense of fashion.

In sum: the young should really be allowed to express themselves, freely. I think it acceptable to laugh, but not to snigger. Basically, these two princesses still have a little growing up to do, but that's not a crime. Or is it?

In sum: the young should really be allowed to express themselves, freely. I think it acceptable to laugh, but not to snigger. Basically, these two princesses still have a little growing up to do, but that's not a crime. Or is it?
Unfortunately, as RH's they do not have the luxury of 'ordinary' girls and nor should they. If they or their parents want them continue to receive the deference the HRH brings, then it is time to find them some help. Instead of saying 'of course you look wonderful' in whatever they choose to wear, point them in the right direction and if that is beyond either parent, find someone who can.

I know that a lot of people will probably disagree with me, but when it comes to "personal style" you ar either born with it or you or not. It is something that can not be taught, read in a book, or learned on catwalks.
If you know what looks good on you and flatters you, than you wear those clothes instead of the clothes wearing you.
If you go by current fashions, trends, or whatever is printed in magazines and catalogs, 9 out 0f 10 times it will not flatter the wearer and the clothes end up wearing the person. Unless of course that particular outfit just happens to be your style. And in that case, you just lucked out!
I truthfully do not think these girls as well as their mother do not care about "personal style". They only care about "labels" and "designers" or whatever is "trendy" and think that because they wear these clothes it automaticlally gives them "style".
Sure, they are young and probably carefree right now, and should express themselves thru clothing, but they are also at a crucial age where they should be trying to find what works for them since they do not have style, and given the position that they are in, if they want people in the public to take them seriously in the future, they need to find something that makes them look like the proper young ladies that they are.

I know that a lot of people will probably disagree with me, but when it comes to "personal style" you ar either born with it or you or not.

But if style is something you're either born with or you're not and you can't learn it, how are Beatrice and Eugenie supposed to "find something that makes them look like proper young ladies"?

I guess they could have fashion advisers telling them exactly what to wear at every different occasion but when you're a teenager, I think that's the last thing you want!

I guess they could have fashion advisers telling them exactly what to wear at every different occasion but when you're a teenager, I think that's the last thing you want!
They could have a stylist advise and dress them, but then they would be wearing what that particular person "thinks" would look good on them. You would be wearing an extension of "their" style. which would be a 100% better than what they are doing on their own, but is still not "their" style.

They could have a stylist advise and dress them, but then they would be wearing what that particular person "thinks" would look good on them. You would be wearing an extension of "their" style. which would be a 100% better than what they are doing on their own, but is still not "their" style.
True, but they could have advisors, who actually advise and who aren't afraid to say, 'you look awful in that outfit, had you thought of teaming that skirt with another top'? It is possible, IMO, to guide them with a simple, 'wow you look great in that top, how about with this skirt', type remark. :flowers:

Pics 11.4.2008

Princess Beatrice of York and her boyfriend Dave
arrive at Amika nightclub London, England - 11.04.08

Well, I would say this outfit looks a bit better :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I think B looks nice. That bf . . . yuck! What a goof!!! Does he ever wear anything besides jeans and a white shirt? Thanks, Ice!

Princess Beatrice of York and her boyfriend Dave
arrive at Amika nightclub London, England - 11.04.08

Well, I would say this outfit looks a bit better :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
I am so glad I was sitting down..... She actually looks really nice. Thank you for hunting those out iceflower! :flowers::flowers:

Well, well, well....perhaps someone has been reading the Royal Forums!

I was over on the Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events page and it says she's looking to buy a one million pound apartment for Bea--anyone heard anything about this??

I read the million dollar apartment thing over on the Sarah thread and while it may seem extravagant for such a young woman if you look at other daughters of wealth around her age (the Hiltons, Ivana Trump, Casey Johnson, etc.) they all have million dollar homes as well - paid for by mommy & daddy. Some of these ladies are now working and earningn their own $$$ but they all got posh homes before they began their careers. And quite franky, who of us wouldnt' induldge our children in this way if we had the means? Pss B is a Royal - the Granddaguther of HM - which out trumps any of these 2nd or 3rd generation "newcomers" any day. Why shouldn't she have a nice place, too?

She should have a nice place--but is she old enough? Maybe its the American in me--I don't know--but here the children generally go to college, get degrees and then get a place of their own. I think she's too young to have her own place, especially one at such a price!

I know that a lot of people will probably disagree with me, but when it comes to "personal style" you ar either born with it or you or not. It is something that can not be taught, read in a book, or learned on catwalks.
i totally agree with you. these girls may not be blessed with style sense but they have the means to get the advice they are so sorely lacking. just because you can afford to buy the latest, trendy clothing doesn't mean you should.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say I agree with sesa and Duchess. The York girls, mom included, definitely need to forget trends and focus on style. It has to possible for them to dress in a way that is both trendy and stylish.

It appears it is my day to harp on the Yorks. Has Andrew done anything lately that is harp-worthy????:whistling:

Cat

I totally agree, to me these girls dress like they buy their clothes at walmart, sorry nothing wrong with walmart, but they don't dress like young stylish RICH girls. IMHO. I personally think they dress like their mother, Sarah never really had any style sense, so I think they haven't had anyone around to guide them. I know I am really showing my age but PLEASE find some flattering clothing. They are very pretty girls with nice figures, they should try to take advantage of this while they still have it. Maybe their cousin Zara can help, she really dresses trendy but stylish now.

She should have a nice place--but is she old enough? Maybe its the American in me--I don't know--but here the children generally go to college, get degrees and then get a place of their own. I think she's too young to have her own place, especially one at such a price!
I think it might be the American in you. :flowers: Here every parent would, IMO, like the opportunity to get their children onto the housing ladder. A lot of children do go to university and have to rent a bedsit or if they are lucky a flat or small house. Those who have parents that can afford it purchase a flat or house, if the parent doesn't own one where they want to study, in our case the children were able to use a property we already owned, but as with many parents here, we have given them a leg up on the property market.

It is seen as an investment for the parent or the child. One million is not a huge sum for a decent place in the city and as with any parent, if you can, you do. By purchasing, you, the parent can control who else moves in (if anyone). For once I don't have a problem with Sarahs parental decision, if indeed it is true. :flowers:

Last edited:
I think it is wonderful that Sarah would buy Beatrice an apartment in London. I recently bought a condo for my son to live in while studying for his PhD. It is probable neither Beatrie or Eugenie will ever be working Royals as far as royal duties are concerned. It is one thing to be the granddaughter of the reigning monarch, it is a bit of a demotion to be the neice of the reigning Monarch and eventually only the cousin of same. Apart for the money they received in trust at the time of their parents divorce, and whatever the Queen leaves them upon her death, they will eventually be required to make their own way in this world. Giving them a leg up in the housing market seems like a sensible thing to do.

Cat

I dont mean to detour from this thread but if PssB and PssE aren't going to be working royals, should they really continue to hold the title HRH? I always thought that since they held the title and required police protection, they should at least work for the firm in some form to repay some of the money used on them. IMHO

In some locations a million dollar apartment/condo isn't very lavish, or unheard of. (Even here in Des Moines, Iowa condos go for an obscene amount of money.)

Pics 17.4.2008

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clark, pictured on a nightout
at the Mahiki nightclub, London, 17th April 2008

On the first pic I see Bea, on the second her mother and on the
last one she reminds me a lot of her father :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom