Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 9: November 2007-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this the same paper that has been publishing stories about Kate Middleton imminent engagement, Scotland Yard protection, her family's social climbing ways since 2005? Let's not be selective in what we believe, since Beatrice might not even be in the country to start with.

Here's another pic of Bea listening her father's speech :)

---> Bea - 21 January 2008

good to see Beatrice putting her gap year to good use.

I won't say that Bea isn't pretty but I also believe the Eugenie is the prettier of the two York girls. I always thought Bea looked like Andrew with Sarah's hair color, and the poses she usualy does for the photogs really don't help. The professional pictures look good but even I could look good with a stylist and an air brush.:lol:
Bea looks so bored in one of the pictures and I am sure she was, but if she is going to be a public figure, she better figure out how to hide it a little better.

people often comment on this forum on the party lifestyle that both william and harry enjoy but both beatrice and eugiene are just as bad at falling out of nightclubs drunk

Yeah...she probably really doesn't need the near constant protection...it does seem ridiculous. Traveling is one thing but being on your home turf is another...

So according to this article Beatrice is the innocent party and Andrew is the guilty party. People or "chums" are just trying to lighten up on Beatrice and make her father look mean or to protective.

I suspect that it is easier to blame someone else for your own behaviour rather than accept responsibility yourself.;)

None of this is anything to do with Beatrice at all since its all her father's fault.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the link, Beck. I can't say I blame her for wanting some more privacy, esp. w friends and her bf. But I can't blame P Andrew, either. He is a parent and Pss B is very much (prolly at her own doing) in the spotlight. And there are alot of sick ppl out there who would consider a member of the BRF a good kidnapping catch or worse. So I can see both sides.

Why on earth would Beatrice be allowed to associate with someone with a reputation like that of Ms Moss? I think its about time Her Majesty put her foot down and reminded her grandaughters that, despite what their mother may think, they are not celebrities - they are Royal
I know she needs help with her fashion choices, but I don't think Kate (Coccainehead) Moss is the way forward. I know it is only a tabloid story, but Kate Moss was one of the people Sarah and Beatrice partied with before! :bang:

There are two problems with that article:

1.) The picture shown is when she was wearing very appropriate clothes. It was not an occasion for hip fashion.

2.) Trying to stay ahead of fashion seems to be Bea's problem, IMHO.

Bea hangs with the same set as Kate, that Primrose Hill gang...so it's not so surprising if they have crossed paths. And Bea probably does fall over Kate like most young girls do since she is that fashion icon to so many.

You know, while I completely agree that Princess Beatrice needs some serious fashion help, I don't think that it is appropriate for a princess to hang out with Kate Moss; I also think it is TACKY that this article made it to press.
If Bea wants fashion help she needs to go and find her cousin Ella. Say what you will about Princess Michael--but she and her daughter have an unbelievable amount of chic and fashion know-how. That is who needs to be guiding Princess Bea. At the very, very least Zara should be consulted.

Notice its a 'chum' who is being quoted.;)

I suspect this story is being put about now because of the poor publicity that Beatrice has been getting lately.

Diana leaked stuff to the Daily Maill all the time through her main inside man, Richard Kay, but do you have inside knowledge that Beatrice or Andrew has a sympathetic reporter inside the Daily Mail that they feed information to in order to print favorable coverage for Beatrice?

Given the Daily Mail coverage of the royal family in general lately, I find that highly doubtful.

have any of you seen the picture of beatrice in hello magazine? (i think it was last weeks edition).she was with her boyfriend in LA!! i thought she looked nice in the picture..i was wondering if anybody could post it because i just saw it while flipping through magazines in the store :p

I am starting to feel sorry for her, she seems to try too hard to get it right. It is all very well mummy telling her she looks gorgeous in everything, but she might do better to go shopping with someone who will tell her, 'that outfit looks awfull' or 'yes, your bum does look big in that'.

Someone with a similar figure, rather than a slim bean, I just wonder if Beatrice has any real friends who will tell her the truth.

have any of you seen the picture of beatrice in hello magazine? (i think it was last weeks edition).she was with her boyfriend in LA!! i thought she looked nice in the picture..i was wondering if anybody could post it because i just saw it while flipping through magazines in the store :p
I have not seen that pic but I also would like to. So Beatrice is still
travelling a lot, after her skiing holidays, the USA again. In Sarah's
thread I've posted some pics of Bea having been out with her
mother this week, now I've found some more pics from that night,
Dave also went there with them:

Bea and Dave 28./29.2.2008
Bea and Dave

I am starting to feel sorry for her, she seems to try too hard to get it right. It is all very well mummy telling her she looks gorgeous in everything, but she might do better to go shopping with someone who will tell her, 'that outfit looks awfull' or 'yes, your bum does look big in that'.

Someone with a similar figure, rather than a slim bean, I just wonder if Beatrice has any real friends who will tell her the truth.

I just don't think she has a natural sense of style...and it is kind of sad that she is going to study textiles with the hope of having a clothing line of some sort...:ermm:

I'm hoping that she'll learn a lot about clothing and style if she takes training in fashion.

I just don't think she has a natural sense of style...and it is kind of sad that she is going to study textiles with the hope of having a clothing line of some sort...:ermm:

I'm hoping that she'll learn a lot about clothing and style if she takes training in fashion.
Don't get too hopeful, I believe Vivien Westwood 'trained' and look at the weird stuff she wears and sells. Compared to Westwoods 'binbag', anything Beatrice wears looks fantastic! :D

Vivien Westwood is a fashion goddess of Great Britain, not to mention a revolutionary who can pull off her bizarre fashion designs.

Princess Beatrice is 19 years old and has a long way to learn and find her own sense of style, if at her age she didn't get it wrong, when would it be okay, when she's 30 years old?

Most times, she looks good for her age, only help she needs is to learn how to dress her age and body, and take a few page out of Zara and her sister, Princess Eugenie.

I am starting to feel sorry for her, she seems to try too hard to get it right.

That's the way most 19 year olds are. At the age of 19, I definitely didn't have it altogether and I remember some ghastly things I wore and did thinking I was so cool.

Maybe all the other members here were models of propriety and flawless good taste when they were 19 but here's one member who is not ashamed to admit that she wasn't and feels absolutely no guilt about it. People learn and grow.

Those 19 year olds who are lucky enough to have their act together and not make a step or have a hair out of place are to be admired. However, I think, a lot more 19 year olds don't have their act together yet.

What's missing in this conversation about Beatice is simple human compassion and empathy for another human being who is going through growing pains. If you haven't been through it, I guess you can't understand what its like but as someone who went through that awkward stage I can say it was hell and I'm glad I'm over it and I'm glad I had people who believed in me no matter what and I sure as hell hope for Beatrice's sake that she has people who believe in her no matter what because it looks like she is going to get a lot of 'no matter what' in the coming years and when you are faced with a situation like that, you need people to stick up for you and be on your side.

I think when it comes to fashoin, especially when you're young...you experiment in hopes of finding an image for yourself. In general she seems to have just very dull casual style and her night looks are typical party dresses.

I don't know if she is trying to be a style icon but I get the feeling she would like more attention for that. I mean you know it's bad when Kate Middleton is outshining you...LOL

But compared to her peers like Charlotte Casiraghi, Camilla Al-Fayed, Olympia Scarry, Eugenie Niarchos...Bea is falling behind and none of theses girls really seem to try too hard.

I sure as hell hope for Beatrice's sake that she has people who believe in her no matter what because it looks like she is going to get a lot of 'no matter what' in the coming years and when you are faced with a situation like that, you need people to stick up for you and be on your side.

I also think Beatrice is going to be an easy target for critical comments in future years, mostly criticism over things that don't really matter that much. It's one thing for her to get criticized for staying late at nightclubs or having questionable boyfriends. But I foresee her becoming the brunt of jokes for things like her fashion sense, her weight, the way her eyes protrude. It's not easy being a royal and the media (and public) are quick to categorize members of the royal as either "dutiful" or "a waste of space." Someone like Eugenie who dresses neatly, keeps quiet, seems to stay out of the public eye (so far) is going to be classified as someone who does her duty well. Beatrice on the other hand tends to get photographed more and catch more attention with what she's wearing and doing. The media likes to develop stereotypes of people and after a while Beatrice may fit the role her mom once did--fat, a tacky dresser and, an irresponsible party girl.

And the thing is, Beatrice might be (and from many accounts seems to be) guilty of nothing more than staying on the sidelines at parties while keeping Sarah in check, and having an unfortunate taste in fashion, but at the end of the day in the media it's appearances that matter. So hopefully Beatrice can settle into her studies and afterwards find some really productive role within the royal family. But, with her apparent aspirations to be a fashion designer, even if (and I'm going to admit I doubt it) she's successful in this role, it's not something that seems necessary or productive. So once again she's probably not going to come across well in the media. Someone should be around to give Beatrice good advice as she grows up but unfortunately I think she recently said her mom is her best advice-giver. I like Sarah but...:ermm: no.:lol: Not on how to cultivate a good image to the media, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom