Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 9: November 2007-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mind jcbcode99, I have just eaten! :D

actually, Bea is not very attractive, I think her sister Eugenie is actually the pretty one. Wait until they get older E will be the one everyone is looking at. Bea is to much like her mother. Yipes that is scary!!!

Do you mind jcbcode99, I have just eaten! :D

Skydragon, you make me laugh out loud!

Yes, it was a little nauseating, I will agree! I know that Princess Bea is only 18/19 I can't remember, but she really really reallly must learn to speak well and be a bit more composed and to choose what she says more carefully--Mini Mummy--really sad. Perhaps Bea knows how how insecure Sarah is and only says such things to make Mummy feel good? I don't know, just a thought.
I think Bea is a pretty girl--bad fashion, but a pretty girl. Eugenie is going to be a stunner soon--they're both lovely. I don't think there is an unattractive person in the BRF, now that I think about it. Well, actually, Queen Alexandra's daughter, Louise, the Duchess of Fife was not what I would call attractive---and she has an interesting story--
Louise, Princess Royal and Duchess of Fife - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and the picture is actually good so maybe she wasn't unattractive afterall--
here's another pic-- http://www.thepeerage.com/100662_001.jpg

Sorry--I know this is the wrong forum for this stuff--

although i agree that it is quite sad that beatrice says things like this in public, i will add my 2cents by saying that i actualy think that she is quite mature herself..i mean when i watched the interview, i could only marvel at how polite she was.
i dont know how to explain, but many people her age come across as quite rude when they are put in a situation where they have to make 'pleasant' conversation with people they dont know, even more, people of different ages groups - and seem interested in what is going on...i think that bea coped very well, and seeing as it is only one of her first public engagements, i think she will only improve and grow..

actually, Bea is not very attractive, I think her sister Eugenie is actually the pretty one. Wait until they get older E will be the one everyone is looking at. Bea is to much like her mother. Yipes that is scary!!!
The only trait B shares with Sarah is the color of their hair. Her facial features are strictly those of her father and other members of the BRF past and present. I think B is quite pretty and, more importantly, more "approachable" in appearance. She's always smiling and seems more down-to-earth than Eugenie who gives the snotty impression of not giving a damn about anything.

I think B is quite pretty and, more importantly, more "approachable" in appearance. She's always smiling and seems more down-to-earth than Eugenie who gives the snotty impression of not giving a damn about anything.

I suspect Princess Beatrice is much more attractive in person than in photographs. Given that, though, she isn't really always smiling but pictures give that impression because of a difficulty in being able to close her lips around her teeth. You don't see many photos of her with her lips closed.

She's always smiling and seems more down-to-earth than Eugenie who gives the snotty impression of not giving a damn about anything.
Perhaps Eugenie is just shy...:flowers: she looked fine in the recent familly photos.

Oh goodness it is not current at all--I forgot the title of the thread--I'm sorry--I was fooling around on youtube the other night and found it and was intrigued by it so I posted it. On one of the Princess Bea threads the "mini mummy" commetn was discussed several times, but I had not seen it. I thought maybe others hadn't seen it either so I posted it. Sorry, Ysbel!

another "trustworthy" daily mail article. but i will say if they cut back on the security detail they can invest in some kind of coach...she is the most unphotogenic one in the whole family.

another "trustworthy" daily mail article. but i will say if they cut back on the security detail they can invest in some kind of coach...she is the most unphotogenic one in the whole family.
It was shown on the news this morning, (the BBC or it could have been Sky, I'm not at home and was not in charge of the remote, :D), so unfortunately probably not just a Mail story. :flowers:

It seems like everyone seems to be beginning to get a negative view of the Princess. I know she seems to be partying alot, drinking etc, but most girls her age do that. Of course she is a Princess with responsibilities, but I am sure she will take her royal duties more seriously after university. I dont really see the harm in her having fun before she commits her life to those duties.

I'm not saying any of you are wrong with your views, it just seems like she is getting a negative image recently, and is she really doing anything that bad? It must be hard to be a Princess in the modern world? Who really is there for her to look to? The Queens role is entirely different, and is from a different generation. I guess Princesses Anne, Alexandra and Margaret are people she should look to, but again they are from a different time. I dunno, I guess I feel for both her and Eugenie. They are damned if they do and damned if they dont.

I It must be hard to be a Princess in the modern world? Who really is there for her to look to?

I think she should look at both her aunt Anne and her cousin Zara. Lady Ella Windsor comes to mind as well - they are all women who have done something valuable first and than had publicity about it.

All we hear from beatrice are plans for her future and these plas are telling at least me that she still is a baby dreaming of fairy tales instead of having a grip on reality. Eg the fashion designer-idea without any back-up in either knowledge or style. If she had voted to become a volonteer at Sara Buys-Parker Bowles editing department fiest and then started dreaming, ok! But instead she appears in public as the dumb lover of a criminal boyfriend, a visitor to drug parties and drunken at expensive nightclubs.

She knows so many people, she could do so many things besides simply enjoying her life.

Poor girl - really. I think she is very pretty and who at 18 has any confidence? I can't blame Beatrice - she obviously parrots Sarah. I also think that like any child, she is protective of her mum. I just wish Sarah didn't need the protection so badly. Then her daughters could be free to be who they are.

Poor girl - really. I think she is very pretty and who at 18 has any confidence? I can't blame Beatrice - she obviously parrots Sarah. I also think that like any child, she is protective of her mum. I just wish Sarah didn't need the protection so badly. Then her daughters could be free to be who they are.

Sarah needs protection from herself, the girls need protection from Sarah. That woman has ALOT to answer for.

Yeah...I can't see why she would need so much security...well either of the girls really. They get no constant paparazzi attention...occasionally but they can lead normal lives.

It's possible they just feel more protected with it...I heard they have 2 guards...1 would probably be enough. Now with traveling...it's probably a fortune.

Brad and Angelina spend 5 million a year on security...

It seems like everyone seems to be beginning to get a negative view of the Princess. I know she seems to be partying alot, drinking etc, but most girls her age do that. Of course she is a Princess with responsibilities, but I am sure she will take her royal duties more seriously after university. I dont really see the harm in her having fun before she commits her life to those duties.

It's because she has made herself into a celebrity...like no one has a negative reaction to Charlotte Casiraghi because she doesn't court attention. When you do...you become free game to the press and public. sad but true...

Last edited:
Princess Bea is more concerned with celebrity than she is being Royal. There is a distinct difference--
Also, I noted in the "article" that Sarah does not receive any security, but gets "The red carpet treatment" when she is with her daughters--just another point to be made about Sarah using her daughters for perks, IMHO.
Personally, I don't think they need any protection--if they want to go out and party and act like they do, then that's their choice. If they were representing the Crown it would be different. Andrew's point was that the Princesses were fourth and fifth in line to the throne and need security. Well, if their position as potential monarch is so important, then why is it ok for them to behave like this, in a decidedly unmonarch like fashion? If he wants security for his daughters he needs to get a backbone and put some rules and discipline down about their behavior.
Just my opinion--

do anne's kids have a security detail?

i think she should look at zara phillips fro advice because she managed to turn her party girl status into a successful sportsperson.
I think that Beatrice thinks that she will be taken seriously if she becomes a fashion designer, but sadly i think it will only make things worse

Just to clarify - when I said "protection" I was thinking of it in the emotional sense - not the physical need for security. Sarah needs "protecting" because her daughters, Bea especially, probably feels her pain at being so pilloried by the RF and the press - not that Sarah did not deserve or self inflict a lot of the negative stuff and has desperately been trying to ingratiate herself back into everyone's good graces since. Bea's talk of a "mini-mummy" are attempts to fix Sarah's past.

I've read actually that divorced mothers often use their daughters, especially oldest daughters, as their best friends and confidantes. Most divorced moms are going through a period of crisis and without a man around they rely on their daughters for support. As a result, the daughters adopt responsibilities beyond their years--they become protective of their mothers, rather than the other way around. I know that there is a perception that Beatrice is a party girl, etc. but I think that's somewhat of a false impression. Beatrice seems to go where Sarah goes; her partying seems to happen because Sarah likes partying, rather than because Bea does. Many articles I've read say that Beatrice shows a childlike closeness to her family unlike most teenagers, that she's sweet and responsible and level-headed. To me it sounds like she fits the pattern of a daughter who, because of her mom's unstable life, sees the world as somewhat dangerous and as a result feels responsible for her mother's welfare and also doesn't venture out much on her own.

It would be absurd for any member of the RF not to have security. I can't believe Zara and Peter don't have security. If there is an issue about the taxpayers footing the bill, between Andrew and Sarah I'm sure they could take over payments.

Pics 8.1.2008

Princess Beatrice of York and her boyfriend Dave leave
the Ivy restaurant London, England - 08.01.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Ooh. Dave is quite dishy. Which begs the question, why is he with Beatrice? Which gives the answer, the MONAY.

Thanks for the photos, Ice. Can her dress be any shorter? I think her bf looks like a douf! Is he 14 or what? Sorry, but I think SHE's too good for HIM. He so seems to be enjoying his royal ride. He needs to stop smiling all the time, it looks too eager.

think she should look at zara phillips fro advice because she managed to turn her party girl status into a successful sportsperson.

The difference is, Zara IS an extremely successful sportswoman by any standard. Beatrice does not have a world-class talent that we know of the way Zara does. As one very involved with Zara's sport, I can say she would be just as reknowed in the sporting world without her status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom