The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Courtier

Zara was never exactly a famewhore either...she didn't go out of her way to get photographed. Not that Beatrice does but she hits every hotspot in town...a lot...and allows herself to be pap'd looking a hot mess which creates salacious tab stories...

Quote:
Ooh. Dave is quite dishy. Which begs the question, why is he with Beatrice? Which gives the answer, the MONAY.
He's not rich?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I think her bf looks like a douf! Is he 14 or what?
He looks like a major dork, not good looking at all IMO. I don't know what she sees in him. I think she can do much better.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
He looks like a major dork, not good looking at all IMO. I don't know what she sees in him. I think she can do much better.
I'll swap it round and question what he sees in her.

I swear those eyes are getting bigger too.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Serene Highness

You really can't compare Pss B w Zara Phillips for a number of reasons, one mainly being that Zara is not a RH and B is. And it does make a difference. Also, they have completely different sorts of parents. Zara's parents are very low-key and no-nonsense. Pss Anne is all about protocol and duty, which is commendable. Zara's father is practically non-existent. Even when he was still married to the PR you rarely ever heard anything about him. Prince Andrew and (esp.) Sarah F. are polar opposites. They were always in the "spotlight", be it intentionally or not. Pss B and her sister never had the opportunity for a more private life like Peter and Zara did. There will always be a keener interest in a royal Princess than the untitled granddaughter of the monarch. Zara and Peter are the lucky ones, imo.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
The difference is, Zara IS an extremely successful sportswoman by any standard. Beatrice does not have a world-class talent that we know of the way Zara does. As one very involved with Zara's sport, I can say she would be just as reknowed in the sporting world without her status.
the point i am trying to make is that she does not have to be a 'celebrity' to be sucessful..she could do something else low profile without using her status too much for publicity
Old 01-12-2008, 02:52 AM
Nobility

comparing a 19 yrs old starting in her education and career with an accomplished 26 years old woman is strange. Zara has done her wild years during her teens and early 20s and matured into the kind of woman she is today. Let's compare Beatrice with someone her own age within royal families and see how she fairs good or bad.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Gentry

Beatrice also has a lot of baggage that Zara does not have, namely her mother.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Nobility

true, but from all accounts and those who went to her school say she's down to earth smart young woman. Its hard to grow up in front of the public eye where all your silly actions are exposed, while most of us have the privilege of privacy.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I've found two pics of Beatrice and Dave during their skiing
holidays they've made with Sarah at the beginning of the year.
But I can hardly believe that it's been a real elk that was
watching them that interested

Bea and Dave
Bea, Dave and a silent watcher
Old 01-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
But I can hardly believe that it's been a real elk that was watching them that interested
I think it is a trophy head!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Serene Highness

I'm sorry but that guy is so NOT attractive. He reminds me of a little boy who knows he's being watched and does things he thinks the grown-ups want to see him doing. Blah! I truly hope he's not The One as I'm already tired of seeing him. Thanks for the pics, tho, Ice!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Serene Highness

The body language in the second pic is all wrong. It looks like she is the one coming onto him and he is slightly pushing her away. IMO he is just using her to get publicity for those Space visits he promotes.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Royal Highness

I don't like him either--he looks like he still has milk on his chin.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Courtier

Neither of the 2 is attractive. Sorry guys but i don't think Bea is really attractive. I think her sister Eugenie is far more prettier than her. Plus, her overseas trips are making a huge commotion to British taxpayers. I read an article whether Bea is really worth 250,000 to be followed by security guards. She's a grown-up woman, pls. act like one. i feel sorry for this girl she seemed to attract a lot of attention for all the wrong reasons. can't blame the press though, she's a public figure.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Aristocracy

Sarah Ferguson’s weight battle - MSN Video

Sarah spoke about Beatrice recently (16 January) an in interview:

Host: The press, they were actually poking fun at one of your daughters?

Sarah: The Daily Mail wrote an article a few days ago saying that my daughter, who's a size 8-10 and really happy with herself, was Miss Piggy, and that the only protecting she needed was from an attack of the Killer Crispy Cremes. And she read it, and what happened to her when she read it, was I could see her actually losing her confidence. She's nineteen years old, she's very pretty, lovely girl, very happy without herself and she said, Mummy, do they want me to get anorexia in order for them to be happy? ...The first thing I did to Beatrice, was I gave her a huge hug and said, You cannot believe this woman who wrote this article, I mean look at her, let's go look at her backside. And the second thing is, it's just to sell papers. The important thing is lots of love, lot's of understanding, we've all been there, you're not alone, you're not isolated.

Half-way down this page is the offending article:
What CAN Kate and Gerry be thinking? | the Daily Mail
Old 01-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Serene Highness

I agree w Sarah here. How rude and totally irresponsible of that reporter. Pss Beatrice, as I've said before, is a Normal Healthy girl in terms of her size. This whole fixation with being a Size 0 is insane and causing alot of health issues among women and girls. True, there are ppl who are naturally thin and never have to worry about their weight, but most ppl are not genetically made up like that. For reporters to make nasty immature and unprofessional comments about someone like Pss B's weight is absurd. And they wonder why girls as young as 8 & 9 are starting to starve themselves: they're being set up for completely unrealistic and totally unhealthy goals. Shame on this woman. Let's see what she looks like.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Beatrice looks like an exact copy of her mother. The resemblance is uncanny. It is nice that she and her mother are close, but I agree that it is strange that mum is hanging out with daughter's friends.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
I mean look at her, let's go look at her backside.
Thus, reinforcing the idea that it is OK to criticise someone on their figure, as long as it is not you on the receiving end!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Basically she's not a small girl and never will be. It shouldn't be asked of her to be willowy or rail thin because that would be impossible. If she is a size 8-10 UK that would make her a 10-12 in the US. That is the average size for a healthy woman heading into her 20's. Unless you are small boned one can never be a zero. The question is, is she in shape. Is she working out, eating right, and taking care of herself? That would be more important than size. Besides the dress size varies from designer to designer so a size 0 in one label might be a 4 in another. The key is to dress according to one's natural shape and emphasis the good qualities one is born with. Thus someone who has heavy legs might do well to wear their skirts a little longer or wear a well-fitted pant suit and so on. JMO
Old 01-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Aristocracy

I think the "anorexic" comment is totally out of line, especially to bring it into public. Being critized (rightly or wrongly so) about your weight does not make it okay to make some comment about anorexia. It would be one thing if she were a very small size and said that: its quite another for a size 8-10 girl to imply that losing weight would mean anorexia. I understand her frustration and know that she was very hurt when she said it. However, her mother should never repeat a comment like that in public, IMO. If she were a size 0, critized for being too thin, and said something like, "What, do they want me to be obese?" what would people think?

Ditto on the backside comment. Again, out of line.

Tags
princess beatrice