The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
In the following link you'll find an article with pics about Bea's evening
with her mother and Riley Keough, the granddaughter of Elvis Presley
on Tuesday, 11 Dec 2007:

The night Princess Beatrice rubbed shoulders with rock royalty
if I were Beatrice, I would immediately stop reading articles about me in Online-papers: that's all! comments so far that the Dirty Mail published about this article:

Dear Beatrice, Why is it that you always tend to keep your mouth open in photos? For once, try to keep your lips together in a coy smile instead like someone who's to the manor born.

- Charlie Larsson, Stockholm, Sweden
Riley is very pretty but Bea just looks gormless. Close your mouth girl!

- Trish, Rossendale,UK
Has that woman ever been seen with her mouth shut, or those 'cods eyes' closed. Not a pretty sight I'm afraid, a bit like the mother. I suppose she's ok if you like toes.

- Stan Still, UK
Can someone tell this parasite to shut HER MOUTH?

- Fern, Newcastle

End of quote.

Now who wants to read something like that?

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Aristocracy

re "Brand Beatrice"

With her mother's knowledge of fashion trends on both sides of the Atlantic and her father's insights into international trade and promotion, Beatrice is wonderfully placed to contribute greatly to Britian's fashion industry by her development of this glamorous and stylish everywoman look.

Beatrice has the potential to be a very wealthly self made woman at an early age.

Young men should be enroling in table manners classes now.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Beatrice | Royals | You can't bea that daft | | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals
Old 12-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Royal Highness

I do not think that Bea is poised to take British fashion by storm at all--especially if can't figure out how to get from point A to point B without looking like a dufus.
Also, judging from her own personal fashion style, Bea is a wreck and Daddy's money/knowledge nor Sarah's latch on to anybody's who has some fame style is going to help her. She needs to get herself an education and figure out what she wants before she decides to take the world by storm.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Serene Highness

I can't see Pss Beatrice getting seriously involved in fashion. I think it's a temporary whim. She'll never be able to shake her HRH status no matter what she does and that could be a serious burden. My bet is she'll get involved in charity work and royal duties (esp. as the older generation of royals ages and "retires" from alot of their duties). Hopefully, she'll find a nice guy to marry and have a happy family of her own.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Royal Highness

I agree with Bella--it would be nice to see a younger royal become seriously involved in charities and to undertake some royal duties. I was reading the Autism Advocate this morning and I saw where the latest statistic has listed that there are 650,000 individuals in the UK who have Autism Spectrum Disorder; I think it would be wonderful if one of the younger royals would become involved in work with children with autism, or become a patron of the National Autistic Society. Bea would probably do a nice job with that--

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Serene Highness

Sarah and Prince Andrew enjoy yet another family outing | the Daily Mail
Old 12-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I can't see Pss Beatrice getting seriously involved in fashion. I think it's a temporary whim. She'll never be able to shake her HRH status no matter what she does and that could be a serious burden. My bet is she'll get involved in charity work and royal duties (esp. as the older generation of royals ages and "retires" from alot of their duties). Hopefully, she'll find a nice guy to marry and have a happy family of her own.
I can see how having that HRH Pss. title can be a burden to her since she wants to just pursue any career she wants. Not everyone is content to just get married and carry out those duties, even if it is their destiny essentially.

the tights sarah is wearing here are so not age appropriate...the 17 year old girls on Gossip Girl wore the same ones for a few scenes...LOL
Old 12-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post

the tights sarah is wearing here are so not age appropriate...the 17 year old girls on Gossip Girl wore the same ones for a few scenes...LOL
although i love the clothes they wear on gossip girl..lol...they are not entirely age appropriate for someone the duchess age!
Old 12-29-2007, 02:33 AM
Royal Highness

Link to interview with Bea and her mum

where Bea says she wants to be a mini mummy--

Old 12-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Do you mind jcbcode99, I have just eaten!
Old 12-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
that isnt the full interview
Old 12-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_windsor View Post
that isnt the full interview
you may be able to find the full interview when you type Princess beatrice on itnsource.com
Old 12-29-2007, 05:50 PM

actually, Bea is not very attractive, I think her sister Eugenie is actually the pretty one. Wait until they get older E will be the one everyone is looking at. Bea is to much like her mother. Yipes that is scary!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Do you mind jcbcode99, I have just eaten!
Skydragon, you make me laugh out loud!

Yes, it was a little nauseating, I will agree! I know that Princess Bea is only 18/19 I can't remember, but she really really reallly must learn to speak well and be a bit more composed and to choose what she says more carefully--Mini Mummy--really sad. Perhaps Bea knows how how insecure Sarah is and only says such things to make Mummy feel good? I don't know, just a thought.
I think Bea is a pretty girl--bad fashion, but a pretty girl. Eugenie is going to be a stunner soon--they're both lovely. I don't think there is an unattractive person in the BRF, now that I think about it. Well, actually, Queen Alexandra's daughter, Louise, the Duchess of Fife was not what I would call attractive---and she has an interesting story--
Louise, Princess Royal and Duchess of Fife - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and the picture is actually good so maybe she wasn't unattractive afterall--
here's another pic-- http://www.thepeerage.com/100662_001.jpg

Sorry--I know this is the wrong forum for this stuff--

Old 12-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Courtier

although i agree that it is quite sad that beatrice says things like this in public, i will add my 2cents by saying that i actualy think that she is quite mature herself..i mean when i watched the interview, i could only marvel at how polite she was.
i dont know how to explain, but many people her age come across as quite rude when they are put in a situation where they have to make 'pleasant' conversation with people they dont know, even more, people of different ages groups - and seem interested in what is going on...i think that bea coped very well, and seeing as it is only one of her first public engagements, i think she will only improve and grow..
Old 12-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbielou View Post
actually, Bea is not very attractive, I think her sister Eugenie is actually the pretty one. Wait until they get older E will be the one everyone is looking at. Bea is to much like her mother. Yipes that is scary!!!
The only trait B shares with Sarah is the color of their hair. Her facial features are strictly those of her father and other members of the BRF past and present. I think B is quite pretty and, more importantly, more "approachable" in appearance. She's always smiling and seems more down-to-earth than Eugenie who gives the snotty impression of not giving a damn about anything.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think B is quite pretty and, more importantly, more "approachable" in appearance. She's always smiling and seems more down-to-earth than Eugenie who gives the snotty impression of not giving a damn about anything.
I suspect Princess Beatrice is much more attractive in person than in photographs. Given that, though, she isn't really always smiling but pictures give that impression because of a difficulty in being able to close her lips around her teeth. You don't see many photos of her with her lips closed.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
She's always smiling and seems more down-to-earth than Eugenie who gives the snotty impression of not giving a damn about anything.
Perhaps Eugenie is just shy... she looked fine in the recent familly photos.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:22 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post

where Bea says she wants to be a mini mummy--
This isn't a current event at all Janet. The video was done quite some time ago. Why did you post it now? Is it again in the news?

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice