The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
Does anyone have a picture of Queen Victoria at her coronation so I can see how much they look alike?
Thanks
Here is a coronation portrait by Sully from 1838. http://www.wga.hu/art/s/sully/victoria.jpg

A Google image search using "Queen Victoria + coronation" yields a few pics, but most are not this large so therefore lack detail. There's a nice one in full regalia with her hair worn more in the style that Beatrice wore in the movie scene, but I haven't found a large version of it, and also a sketch of Queen Victoria dancing with Albert and wearing a dress that appears to me to be very similar to the one Beatrice was wearing. I will leave it to those with the benefit of broadband to do closer comparisons.

Here's another big one from about the same time. Rather pretty, too.
http://www.general-anaesthesia.com/i...n-victoria.jpg

Old 10-02-2007, 01:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure about the resemblence - I mean: would we think about it if we didn't know that one lady was the ancestor of the other?

And another big BUt for me: Victoria has a very good deportment, the way she stands upright, holds her hands etc. Beatrice doesn't seem to know what to do with her arms and hands on these pics and for me this is more important for forming an opinion about a resemblence than the fact that both wear dresses from the Victorian age.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Here are some better pics from that party and the young lady in red

* Bea 1 ** Bea 2 ** Bea 3 *
Thanks, Ice. She can look very grown up. Sometimes I forget she's not even 20 yet. I hope she's not in too much of a hurry.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness

Beatrice has a fuller face than Queen V had as a young woman and in the portraits I've seen (thanks Roslyn) QV's eyes don't seem as protruding as they looked in actual photographs whereas we all know Pss B as very large eyes. I think the young Pss Anne looked more like QV as a young woman than Pss B does. B looks more like QV as she got older, if that makes any sense.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Royal Highness

while bea's prominent eyes could be a family trait, has she ever been diagnosed with graves disease (hypothyroidism)? this can also cause the eyes to "bulge" for lack of a better word. former american first lady, barbara bush has this.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Courtier

The follwoing link has been posted several times before regarding Princess Beatrice's resemblance to Queen Victoria.

Young Victoria
Old 10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
while bea's prominent eyes could be a family trait, has she ever been diagnosed with graves disease (hypothyroidism)? this can also cause the eyes to "bulge" for lack of a better word. former american first lady, barbara bush has this.
Grave's disease is hyperthyroidism.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Grave's disease is hyperthyroidism.
thanks countess...i knew that but what i was asking was whether anyone knew whether or not her prominent eyes were the result of graves disease or just a family trait.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4 View Post
The follwoing link has been posted several times before regarding Princess Beatrice's resemblance to Queen Victoria.

Young Victoria
Yes, I've seen this pic before and thought how similiar. Thanks for posting it again, I had been trying to find it but couldn't.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
thanks countess...i knew that but what i was asking was whether anyone knew whether or not her prominent eyes were the result of graves disease or just a family trait.
I believe Pss Beatrice's eyes are hereditary and not the result of a disease (which is a good thing). Many of her ancestors shared the round eyes.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think she has Grave's disease. I think they are inherited.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Royal Highness

She just has large eyes--it doesn't help any that whenever someone takes her picture she opens them up wider.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 10-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Courtier

She looks just like her father, I think...
Old 10-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Commoner

I think she have more of her mother, Eugenie is more like her father
Old 10-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Aristocracy

I think Princess Beatrice of York looks a lot like her mother, especially with that red long hair.

Philip Elmer-Dewitt, in Time Magazine
Old 10-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Both girls seem to have a good mix...but the mouth area distracts me that's why I think father more...he has the same thing going on.

Fergie and Andrew kind of look like brother and sister...
Old 10-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Nobility

I've always noticed that after a couple or people in general are around each other for long they start developing the same mannerisms and maybe thats why they look similar.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Victoria's early painted portraits were I believe more flattering than true to life which was the norm for an artist painting a sovereign Queen in those days. In the first photographs of Victoria taken only a few years later, I believe you can see her huge eyes quite clearly. So apparently the portrait painter took some creative license to flatter the Queen.

Its possible that Beatrice could have inherited some genes from Queen Victoria for her physical features but its impossible for her to inherit her posture and carriage from Victoria because posture is environmental unless it stems from a genetic disease.

Victorians had, as we may well guess, much more erect posture than the majority of modern men and women.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 11.10.2007

Beatrice and her boyfriend Dave on a night out in Picadilly, London,
11 October 2007 - she looked very lovely in my eyes with that
reduced style

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 *
Old 10-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you for the new pictures from this week, Iceflower!!!

I share your opinion, she looks very good, not overdresses
like she sometimes is and once again I felt she made a good
choice with that boyfriend, he seems to be the right partner
especially in this part of her young life

Tags
princess beatrice