Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 7: May-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKPrincessBeatriceofYorkArms.jpg

Princess Beatrice of York Arms

Welcome to the new thread for Princess Beatrice news and pictures 7: May 2007-

The previous thread, covering the period January - April 2007, can be found here.

While posting, please remember our Community Rules.
  • This thread is for current events only
  • Only pictures you have written permission to post can be shared here
  • NO watermarked pictures can be posted in the Forums
  • Everyone has his/her own opinion, you are free to disagree but don't forget to stay civil
Have fun!

New and glamorous images, or pictures suitable for the family Christmas Card, would be much appreciated. :D

Warren said:
The legal age to purchase alcohol in the United Kingdom is 18.
Persons aged 16 and 17 may consume wine, beer, cider or perry [sherry?] with a meal in a restaurant providing they're with an adult and the adult orders it
They can also legally drink all forms of alcohol in the home, under parental supervision from the age of 5.

Warren said:
.... or pictures suitable for the family Christmas Card, would be much appreciated. :D
No limits then! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
So Beatrice just has to learn to control herself in public?

cowarth said:
So Beatrice just has to learn to control herself in public?
If she were my daughter, I would expect her to show moderation in all things, whether in public, at home with us or in her own place.

I don't think it's 'nice' when young (or old) men get drunk, but I have to say it is even worse, IMO, if a woman does.

Well, the thing is, you are all right when saying that these pics of Bea were far away from being nice and it's true that getting drunk or at least drinking too much is nothing nice, but after all she's a young person who has to make her experiences and who has to make faults herself. The best way sometimes is to try out things and to learn things this way. So we shouldn't be that shocked, it's the way things are for millions of young men and women growing up, there's no real difference between royals and "normal" people even if they maybe had another education..:)

Yes, but she is "growing up" in the spotlight. Fair or not it is a fact of her life, that she is going to have to get used to and the sooner the better.

Well if I were her mother and I saw the pics of her this way, I would get upset at here for not drinking in moderation well knowing what was waiting for her outside of the club and making a spectacle out of herself.
I would also be very, very upset at her so called "minders". If they knew she was 3 sheets to the wind, why did they not toss a coat over her head and make arrangments to take her out the back door? I assume they get paid the big bucks for avoiding situations like this, so why did they not do something in this case? I would be furious with them for not handling the situation better.
But then again, that is just me. Maybe Bea will see these pictures of herself and remember how she felt the next morning when she woke up and decide not to repeat the situation again? We can hope. I severely doubt it, but we can hope!:flowers:

The minders are just there for security.

A reminder this is the Princess Beatrice current events thread.
Comparison of US v UK and US v European drinking habits and legal ages should be done in Members' Corner.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

for me it's very sad to see beatrice in that way, she is very serius princess but a night of party is natural to her age

cowarth said:
The minders are just there for security.
Be that as it may, if she is under the influence, and stumbling around, she obviously can not take care of herself,hence her "minders" should step in.
But then again, it maybe my overly protective mother instincts coming out that make me think these things.:)

Interesting how tabloids are using this situation to get at her mother:

The Sun Online - News: Who's getting royally lashed?

A quote: Princess Beatrice It's funny, but if you really squint and stare at a picture of Princess Beatrice, she looks exactly like a doll version of Fergie.
That said, the 18-year-old princess is proving to be a bit of a handful these days....

sesa said:
Be that as it may, if she is under the influence, and stumbling around, she obviously can not take care of herself,hence her "minders" should step in.
But then again, it maybe my overly protective mother instincts coming out that make me think these things.:)
Where do you draw the line for the minders? Are they just there for protection or are they also to make sure that Beatrice does not embarrass herself in public?

cowarth said:
Where do you draw the line for the minders? Are they just there for protection or are they also to make sure that Beatrice does not embarrass herself in public?

I think it's common sense that if they see Beatrice unable to walk correctly or slurring her words or in any other way visibly drunk, they should step in and prevent her from falling and possibly hurting herself or hurting someone else. I think that falls under the category of "protection".

cowarth said:
I know that they are not there to hold her hand and molly coddle her. Let her embarress herself to the ends of the earth. They are not there to protect her from herself. But if her judgment and her reactions are impared, they should step in and handle the situation.

Beatrice is very pretty, even when she is slightly messed up.

Yes, they can only protect her from immediate physical harm. That is why Prince Harry was able for so long to get away with using drugs, even though he was surronded by minders (of course, this is in no way the thread to discuss that issue, I am simply using that example to illustrate my point). Most people walking next to someone who is beginning to stumble over would probably reach out to help- I don't think that would have anything to do with her bodyguards being her bodyguards, just common sense as people. The one exception I can think of to the "immediate physical harm only" rule is that the bodyguards do try to intervene to keep pictures from being taken as the royal family leaves or arrives at places. They can still choose their own friends and their own actions.

Last edited:
The minders acted correctly in this situation.

HighGoalHighDreams said:
That is why Prince Harry was able for so long to get away with using drugs,
As you say, a bodyguards job is not to give moral guidance, just to protect the 'body' from anyone trying to abduct, shoot, stab etc the person.
The comment about Harry is slightly misleading, 2 months is not a long time.

"experimented with cannabis on several occasions", but stressed his use of the drug could not be described as "regular...
....The drug-taking and drinking is understood to have happened over a two-month period last summer.

BBC News | UK | Prince Harry rides out drugs row

Aw, she's such a girly girl. Sometimes, she seems so grown up and sophisticated. Then she goes out and about with an umbrella with colorful hearts all over it. Gotta luv it. Definitely her mother's daughter, I suppose. :lol:

Thanks for the links, Karla64. I think she looks pretty good considering it's rainy and she probably wasn't planning of being repeatedly photographed. That umbrella's cute. I'd carry it.

Thanks for these very nice pics, karla64, Beatrice looked so lovely and she has such a charming style. Don't ask me why but I had to think of good old Mary Poppins walking through the streets of London, maybe it's because of the umbrella ;) :)

I think her outfit is terrible - strangely coordinated (short skirt, heavy coat, black tights), and highlighting her chubby legs; maybe she's going for a Pixie Geldof-esque cutting edge look but it's very unflattering on her body.

And is it freezing in London? why is is she wearing such a heavy coat with a big fake fur collar?

Beatrice looks good. I think she is like Andrew in the face, and there is no mistaking Sarah's pretty red hair!

2 months is not a long time.

Stories were later published that exposed closer to a four-six month period. If anyone would like links to that, or to discuss it, please PM as this is not the proper thread; I just wanted to clarify the comment I made earlier.

acdc1 said:
Beatrice looks good. I think she is like Andrew in the face, and there is no mistaking Sarah's pretty red hair!

I agree. There's no mistaking her Windsor genes. And her hair is gorgeous!! And while she'll probably be someone who'll always have to watch her weight, I don't think she's chubby. Just because she's not some starving anorexic size 2 doesn't mean she's chubby. She's normal and healthy! I think she looks great.

She may not be chubby, but her clothes certainly make her look bigger than she is. She is wearing clothes that are made for (and only look good on) size 2 girls.

As someone who "normal and healthy" myself, I am very careful about not wearing clothes which make me look bigger than I am.

If I knew anyone who was a US size 2, I would hold onto them tightly if they walked over a road drain! :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom