Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 7: May-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, why does Charles and Camilla have to come into everything? It's like the obsession with Mommie Dearest and Dunaway. Honestly.

It's true that none of the RF are particularly good looking and there's no excuse for that IMO. If you're rich, you should look good. Bea could pay to have those teeth put five inches back, sort that brow and heavy chin out and yes, could even use make-up to make the eyes less bulgy. And if she can't be a beauty, she can marry one. Nobody would care about her looking like Fergie Mark II if she married someone like Orlando Bloom.

I have no idea who Orlando Bloom is, no do I care. Charles and Camilla came in, because the question was rendered what would QV think. Why would she think less of Beatrice than the others. Why would her acting disturb the old queen, any more than some of the more tawdry things that have taken place. And Charles could have had surgery on those ears. They are all just ordinary people in the public eye. Charles looks fine for who he is. Why would Beatrice's acting be any more disturbing than the other fact. And yes, Bea could have those teeth put back, etc., and Anne could look less like a horse with plactic surgery and have her hair coiffed properly, so on and so forth. You attacked a young girl, who hardly makes any of these decisions on her own. It is unkind. When someone says anything about C & C you flip out. This is a young girl. Sure she is going to make mistakes. And an " eye with a cataract" is an appropriate comment? Sorry. Yes, Beatrice need help dressing and improving herself, but so does the whole family.

What would QV think of Beatrice. Beatrice is nothing to do with her aunt and uncle.

Anywho, unkind? My dear, if I'm ever kind to anyone they'll declare a national holiday. I speak as I find and age doesn't come into IMO - she can afford to engage a stylist and whether she's 18 or 88, there's no excuse for her to look a mess. I'm not attacking her, I'm stating fact - she's not my idea of beauty. Sadly for her, most people share my idea. I agree with you, Charles could have those ears pinned back, Anne could have the hair done and even the Queen could have had a face lift in the 80s when Madame Wrinkle came to call but they didn't and what's the point in staying at the party when the gins gone? Beatrice on the other hand has the time and money to look better than she does. She's not the only one of course but just because the rest of the cast look like they've been dressed by Oxfam, doesn't mean she has to as well.

She's a Princess so she'll always get invited to places but if she really thinks she's got a future in films then she's way off the mark. She needs to get herself a good looking man and start taking on those Royal duties.

Sorry cutting ribbons and opening meat markets, so to speak is really not a job. What she need to do, is to put meaning into her life. She doesn't need a good looking man, she needs a brain and self confidence and a plan that will bring her to a future where she thinks, she herself, that her life means something more than the other inane stuff. Her mother is no guide and her father in not any better. Actually, today, Andrew does some work with meaning. That is what he has to find for his daughter.

She'll be getting paid for cutting ribbons and opening meat markets and any other Royal engagements that come up. Thats what she's born to, that's what she'll get a wage for and that's what she's expected to do. If she doesn't like that, we'll take back the HRH and Princess title, and the stately home she's expecting, as well as the curtseys and the other special treatment she's been accorded up till now. Her life doesn't have to have meaning, she's a Princess - that's her meaning. I didn't say Andrew was any better, if he had any clue about being a parent he'd tell his ex wife that she's making her daughter look ridiculous. A brain and self-confidence are all very well if you're gonna use 'em but this girl's name will open any door she wants it to - just don't let her odious mother waddle in behind her because quite frankly, it's sad. When Andrew divorced Fergie, that was it, we wanted to see her face no more. What we don't need, is Beatrice thinking that becoming a mini-mummy is going to win her respect because it won't. It'll just make her laughing stock number 2. Her role is to look pretty and wave. Thats it and she's well compensated for it. If she had any sense she'd bag herself a good looking man, cut the ribbons and open the meat markets and sun herself on a private yacht because movie star she certainly will not be.

BeatrixFan,
I think you have totally summed up the situation, both practically and with humor. I have no desire to see "Fergie" again, yet she always pops up, velcroed to Bea. It is sad, and she is perceived, and rightfully so, as a "hanger on-er". It is odious.
I think that Bea was acting a little goofy, but overall, probably looked appropriate for the role she has in the film. Which leads to a whole other topic--SHOULD A MEMBER OF THE ROYAL FAMILY be pursuing a movie career--because rest assured, some half wit is going to tell her she ws marvelous and that will set the wheels in motion with the Hanger On-er. It is SO pathetic. Remember when Sarah was on Letterman or something and he asked how the "girls were" and she responded back, "Their Royal Highnesses or the The Princesses" or something like that? She totally uses them as her entrance card. Face it, who really wants a loud woman who was famous for getting her toes sucked at their party? She knows that, we all know it, and yet she just can't stop. It's like that bubble gown she wore that made her look like some sort of Halloween creature--she just can't get it right. She needs to survive on her own merit.

Why would her acting disturb the old queen, any more than some of the more tawdry things that have taken place..

Because in her time "actress" was just another word for whore. But if Charles had had a discreet relationship with Camilla under Queen Victoria's reign, there is no reason why Camilla shouldn't have been received at court. Because then there would have been no Princess of Wales talking on TV about "three in a marriage" and no paparazzi hounding the heir to the throne.
All would have been very polite, very secret and very "proper" on the outside.
But a princess as an actress? Oh my goodness! Well, those were the days...

Jesus, some of these comments about Bea's looks are simply cruel - they remind me of the mean girls group in my high school. Was no one here an awkward teenager?

Right, well, that was interesting. A bunch of personal attacks on other posters followed by open season on Princess Beatrice. I've cleaned up at least some of the former, and I sincerely hope that the latter will also be given a rest now we've all had a chance to be witty at the Princess's expense. No, Princess Beatrice isn't a classically beautiful, fashionably thin, or particularly photogenic young lady, but that doesn't excuse cruelty, as ysbel pointed out.

Since we're on page 10, I'll close this thread, and I hope the next installment is less eventful.

Part 8 is here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-current-events-8-september-2007-a-14161.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom