Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 7: May-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that really true? Do most British 17 or 18 year olds have the economic wherewithal to take a year off before beginning a university (or equivalent) course? .
TMK, very few take a gap year, as you say, the majority of youngsters or their parents can't afford it.

I would have thought Beatrice needed to study a little more with only the 3 passes, in what are, considered by many, to be less taxing subjects.

I should have clarified... I had originally included "very few people from similiar background and economic standing" but erased it when I edited my post. Still, my point that the odds of someone in Eugenie's position not taking a gap year (her position in many respects, but even simply looking at her family) are slim is still true.

The Duke of York, Princess Beatrice, and Princess Eugenie

TMK, very few take a gap year, as you say, the majority of youngsters or their parents can't afford it.

I would have thought Beatrice needed to study a little more with only the 3 passes, in what are, considered by many, to be less taxing subjects.
History is an acadimic subject it is not a less taxing sujects

York Current Events 7: May 2007-

Sel, that would be highly unlikely. It is considered rare for a British student not to take a gap year, and it is unlikely that Eugenie will not.

Lam, I don't think that was quite the case. Bea received tutoring at a well-known centre, which is a different set-up (I am speaking from experience having received testing prep from a centre before my stanardized exams). The set-up as well as the goals would have been different.

Kp, Harry was never an academic, but he did receive help for his dsylexia/ learning troubles and, like Beatrice, repeated a year. Harry was working towards very different goals: he was not testing to get into university, he was testing to meet the requirement for his chosen career in the military, and it was therefore not the marks but the passing that mattered. Harry's academic problems were much more quiet than Beatrice's. This can be attributed to the differing views the sets of parents had on how private these matters should be. However, there is definitely documentation of Harry receiving help even while still at Ludgrove. The specifics of this help is largely unknown, because it was not a matter that either of his parents felt needed to or should be discussed with the public.

Harry's passes were a D in geography and B in Art. Before passing judgement on any A-level subjects, I think we should look closely at the course work. Looking at photographs of artwork Harry completed at A-level, I know better than to think that subjects that sound like push-overs really are. Whether a subject is difficult very much depends on the person. (As an interesting side note, Harry's D was not the only D in his year, as was widely reported for many months to follow. It was the only D in geography for his year, and geography had not been a popular subject for Eton in that year. There were several other D's, in other subjects, among Harry's class.)

How ever thet is only one year of help compared to Beatrice's being helped senice he was 7 years old.

No... Harry would not have been held back a year had no extra help been done in the past. If he was receiving no help, they wouldn't have just decided to hold him back. Also, being held back is not really help in the sense I meant it, it's just giving time for help to work, help here meaning specalised attention. As I said in the post you quoted... "received help and repeated a year." :)

We really have no way of comparing Harry's help to Beatrice's, because, like I mentioned, the two families view what should be aired in public in two entirely different ways. What we do know is that Harry (according to reports that we have no reason to disbelieve) had help, in some degree, over a prolonged period of some sort, like his cousin.

If he was receiving no help, they wouldn't have just decided to hold him back. Also, being held back is not really help in the sense I meant it, it's just giving time for help to work, help here meaning specalised attention. As I said in the post you quoted... "received help and repeated a year." :)

We really have no way of comparing Harry's help to Beatrice's, because, like I mentioned, the two families view what should be aired in public in two entirely different ways.

The two reasons Harry were kept back were because he had done poorly or failed everything except PE and one or both the house master and the head master thought Harry to be immature and as possibly not really Eton material. I don't think ever got prolonged help at his schools prior to " repeating the grade" before started at Eton. How do you know that he would not have been held without having had pervious help.
Skydragon, is what HighGoalHighDreams says about Harry being held back correct? Does anyone reall know if Harry recieved help before or after (ie from1998-2003) he "repeated" the grade?

Last edited:
Kp, I do have articles (can give you the name of publication, title, date, etc., and am not sure of the number of articles) that I feel, being an author myself and running royalty websites of high caliber for many a year now, can be counted upon to relay the truth or whatever can be trusted as closest to the truth that are from the time it was decided Harry would repeat and from time before that, talking about him receiving help. Of course,

I understand the reasons Harry was held back: the ones you mentioned. However, a school of the caliber of Ludgrove, and with the type of management Ludgrove has, does not simply let a student fail virtually every class without assisting that student, and that is what I meant. I do know that for a fact, simply from a very rough knowledge of that school but also from wider knowledge and experience. During the time it took Harry to actually achieve all of the failing grades he did, there would have been numerous reports of his grades circulated to those in charge of him at the school. An institute of that caliber and resource, coupled with a family of that resource, does not simply dismiss news of a student failing and allow it to happen. The issue is addressed.

When I first mentioned Harry, I was meaning it all to be in comparision to Beatrice as this is her current events thread. As talk about Harry's past education would not be appropriate either on Beatrice's thread nor on Harry's CE thread, I would ask that if anyone wishes to correspond about Harry's education we could do so via PM. :)

Come fly with Bea... | the Daily Mail

.............Princess Beatrice is one step closer to achieving her dream of being the first Royal in space - I can reveal she has already flown in zero gravity.

As a special treat, Bea's handsome American-born beau Dave Clark gave the Queen's 19-year-old granddaughter - who is fifth in line to the throne - the ultimate thrill when he took her on a 90-minute flight aboard G-Force 1. The specially modified Boeing 747 jumbo jet performed 15 parabolic manoeuvres, climbing to 25,000ft and going into a steep dive to give Beatrice and Dave 30-second bouts of weightlessness and a taste of what it is like to be an astronaut. .........

Come fly with Bea... | the Daily Mail

.............Princess Beatrice is one step closer to achieving her dream of being the first Royal in space - I can reveal she has already flown in zero gravity.

As a special treat, Bea's handsome American-born beau Dave Clark gave the Queen's 19-year-old granddaughter - who is fifth in line to the throne - the ultimate thrill when he took her on a 90-minute flight aboard G-Force 1. The specially modified Boeing 747 jumbo jet performed 15 parabolic manoeuvres, climbing to 25,000ft and going into a steep dive to give Beatrice and Dave 30-second bouts of weightlessness and a taste of what it is like to be an astronaut. .........
Thanks for the link, Susan. Looks like alot of fun, though the idea of going into space def. does not appeal to me. Did you read the comments w the article? Not very pro. Oh well . . . I wonder if her BGs had to go w her.

It sounds fun even though I doubt her family will pay for the cost of traveling into outerspace.

just read them Bella, thanks for pointing them out. They do make me smile:)

Thanks for the link, Susan. Looks like alot of fun, though the idea of going into space def. does not appeal to me. Did you read the comments w the article? Not very pro. Oh well . . . I wonder if her BGs had to go w her.

I don't remember what Harry passed in, but I don't think many would rate passes in Drama or Film study as hard to achieve. Whatever happened to English, Maths, Sciences, Languages, no wonder the pass rate has risen once again! :bang:

Exactly. It is much harder to get a C in Biology (as William got) than to get an A in Drama. :lol:
I don't think this pic has been posted: From www.hellomagazine.com
Does anyone know where this was taken?

Wow! That hand on hip pose is very vampy! (In the nicest way.) Little Beatrice has certainly grown up.:angel:

It's from Elton John's White Tie and Tiara Ball which benefits AIDS.

What is Pr'ss Beatrice doing with her life?
It was said that her parents were looking for an apartment in USA for her.
But everythingsgone quiet.
I thought that Pr'ss Beatrice was interested in fashion designing.
The gown that she wore on her 18th birthday, it was said that she had something to do with designing it.

she had input on the design but Marchaesa (the fashion label) designed it. Last that I heard she wanted to live in New York on help out in one of her mom's charities.

According to the Daily Mail and Hello!, Bea is planning on launching her own clothing line called "Bobcat". If this is true, it should be very interesting to see how it pans out and whether it is well received or not...
Princess Bea the style queen...she can't get it from Mum! | the Daily Mail

To be open about it: I don't like the York princesses, don't know why but that's it.

Still, I try to be fair - but when I saw the pictures in the article I wonder what is "stylish" about her outfits? Or even well-dressed? Especially in combination with her shoes.

But one thing's for sure - she has inherited her mother's sense of business and learned how to use her Royal name to her advantage. Or does somebody believe she makes all that PR for Branson out of sheer goodwill? With a mother like Sarah Ferguson as an example?
She'll probably be living on her name and dibble in design and cosmetics etc. to make a luxurious living, but a stylish lifestyle will be something else, IMHO.

Thanks, Babydoll, for the link. I tend to agree with Jo of P, though (but I like the York girls). Pss B has never struck me as a potential "fashion icon" or even that she has an interest in fashion. This will be interesting.

I agree with most here, I have never really thought with all her money and her access to designer, that Princess Bea dressed very well. To me, it looks like she inherited her mother sense of style. If anyone in the royal family should be a fashion designer, I think, it should be Zara or Eugenie.

I agree with all the comments above. I do however think that Beatrice is 'fashionable" whatever that means, but i dont think she has the sense that she cannot carry off all the clothes she sees on the runway even though she can afford them ! That is a very interesting point Jo of Paletine, i think that she may be trying to use her status to her advantage!!

Pics 11.9.2007

The newest pics of the "style queen" ;) Beatrice taken in London yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
I think Beatrice is beginning to find her own style. Both her and Eugenie are caught between remaining fashionable for teenagers in the Twenty-First century, yet traditional for their position.

Thanks, Iceflower. I agree w Jo of P ~ Beatrice doesn't look too bad in these photos. It's not that I think she has BAD fashion sense, I just don't see her as being one of those runway types. {Dare I say it} but Beatrice's and I have some very similar outfits. Esp. the flat shoes and flowy skirts. So I can't comment on her too badly.

The newest pics of the "style queen" ;) Beatrice taken in London yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Thanks for the pics iceflower. Beatrice looks really great in these pictures. I really think that colour suits her!
...to answer your question Jo of P, the guy beside her i think is her bodyguard..

I'm with Jo of P- Princess Bea is totally trading in on her status. What is laughable is that she has bad fashion sense and now she wants to design clothes. It just goes to show what money and overindulgent parents will do. Bea doesn't dress well for her shape--those legging/pants things didn't suit her. I think we liked the look because it was more subdued than the others. Time will tell how she will evolve, though. WIth that hair and skin she is already stunning--I"ve got it! Let's telephone "What not to wear" and see if Stacey and Clinton can ambush her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom