Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 7: May-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
....because at this rate she'll have clocked up goodness knows how many lovers by the time she's 26 herself and it will damage her reputation.

Sje seems to be as unconscious of paparazzi as her unfortunate mother was. Pics like this are going to follow her till she's an old lady, I'm afraid. There must be some "members only" beach clubs around - why not expose her naked a** there? Sorry to sound so bitchy, but I hate stupidity and the obvious lack of respect of the people who support her father as member of the RF (be it her grandmother or the taxpayer).

Thanks a lot for the links, angela and Madjenn,
they have chosen the hippie style for their holiday outfits this year :)

Here are two more pics of Bea with Eugenie and Sarah, the first pic may
be unfavourable for Beatrice again ;)

Pic 1
Pic 2

i really like the pics of all 3 of them. they look really pretty.

Thanks a lot for the links, angela and Madjenn,
they have chosen the hippie style for their holiday outfits this year :)

Here are two more pics of Bea with Eugenie and Sarah, the first pic may
be unfavourable for Beatrice again ;)

Pic 1
Pic 2

Thanks, as always, for the photos, Iceflower. Yes, the 1st picture has caught Pss. Beatrice in a rather awkward position, but I've seen worse. In that 1st pic, doesn't Pss. Eugenie look a little like Princess Stephanie of Monaco when she was younger? And what's with that high slit in her dress???

The 2nd picture is nice. Except, why does Pss Beatrice always look like she's slouching down when she's in these pics w her mother and sister. Is it 'cuz she's taller than them. It just looks strange. She'd look much better if she stood up straight.

Hey guys, i was just wondering if anybody watches 'big brother' this year. I think that Kara Louise bears a striking resemblance to Princess Beatrice, although not so much in terms of appearance, but their personality and prescence seem very smilar...does anybody feel the same or am i just dreaming?

Thanks Iceflower, they look adorable. I can see Princess Euginie turning into a real beauty.

She's only 18 and is already on a second relationship with a man in his mid twenties. I think she should just be having fun with her friends and not even think about being serious with a boy her own age never mind a guy of 26. My guess is it won't last and when it ends she should take a break from relationships for a while because at this rate she'll have clocked up goodness knows how many lovers by the time she's 26 herself and it will damage her reputation.

:lol: take a breath and put things into perspective. Why the nasty tone or do you assume every 18 yrs old who dates a guy must have been to bed with?

In our culture where girls start dating at the age of 14 yrs old, especially in the UK, I do not understand the outrage surrounding a young 18 yrs old woman having her first serious relationships with a man introduced to her by her cousin Prince William. Not to mention he's someone with a life and a career, who unlike her first criminal boyfriend will not sell her to the Daily Mail, a tabloid known for its sexist and nasty attack on many famous women. They Kissed at the beach, something known to be acceptable in our societies, leave them be!

i think an 18 year old is a bit young to be dating a 26 yr old. i can't imagine what a man his age sees in a teenager.

Im not one way or the other when it comes to them dating but I Belive hes 24.

I absolutely don't believe that all teenage girls are engaged in sexual activity with their boyfriends, I wasn't myself at 18 and that was only 12 years ago but I think that Beatrice probably is for two reasons. Firstly, I can't see a man in his mid-twenties being content with kissing and holding hands after so many months together (and don't forget that this particular man was photographed with his friends late last year at the Playboy mansion dressed as a doctor and surrounded by "bunnies") and secondly, I can easily imagine her mother thinking that this kind of behaviour IS the norm among today's youth and puting across the message that as long as her daughter's careful that's the main thing. It's only my opinion but I remember seeing Sarah on T.V. when the girls were very young children saying that she would encourage them to cohabit before marraige and that was when it was much less common than it is now. However, I am being side tracked. My main point is that whether we like it or not in this day and age female reputations are still made or lost on perception. Unless a pregnancy occurs there is never any real proof of sexual activity BUT when a female in the public eye (or even in normal life) notches up a string of relationships it never looks good and Beatrice is on her second high profile romance with an older man when still a teenager. As I have said I doubt it will last and if she does drift into another relationship with the speed that this one followed the last her reputaion WILL suffer in the eyes of the public. Her mother has never fully recovered her own reputation and it will be too easy for people to think "Like mother like daughter".

Last edited:
75615414.jpg

The 9th Annual White Tie and Tiara Ball to Benefit the Elton John AIDS Foundation in Association with Chopard - Inside Dinner

Last edited:
i think an 18 year old is a bit young to be dating a 26 yr old. i can't imagine what a man his age sees in a teenager.

Well, this teenager is a British princess. I think most any guy, regardless of age, would bend over backwards to date a granddaughter of The Queen, a neice and cousin to future Kings. Not to mention the wealth, priviledge and fame attached to dating this teenager! But in a normal situation, I agree. An 18 y/old is too young for a 26 y/old.

75615414.jpg

The 9th Annual White Tie and Tiara Ball to Benefit the Elton John AIDS Foundation in Association with Chopard - Inside Dinner
Thanks, Angela, for the photo. I don't care for Pss Beatrice's pose, but I think she looks really good; hair, dress, etc. Poor Sarah, though. She should have stayed away from all those nips and tucks. Her face looks harsh, plastic and totally unnatural.

I absolutely don't believe that all teenage girls are engaged in sexual activity with their boyfriends, I wasn't myself at 18 and that was only 12 years ago but I think that Beatrice probably is for two reasons. Firstly, I can't see a man in his mid-twenties being content with kissing and holding hands after so many months together (and don't forget that this particular man was photographed with his friends late last year at the Playboy mansion dressed as a doctor and surrounded by "bunnies") and secondly, I can easily imagine her mother thinking that this kind of behaviour IS the norm among today's youth and puting across the message that as long as her daughter's careful that's the main thing. It's only my opinion but I remember seeing Sarah on T.V. when the girls were very young children saying that she would encourage them to cohabit before marraige and that was when it was much less common than it is now. However, I am being side tracked. My main point is that whether we like it or not in this day and age female reputations are still made or lost on perception. Unless a pregnancy occurs there is never any real proof of sexual activity BUT when a female in the public eye (or even in normal life) notches up a string of relationships it never looks good and Beatrice is on her second high profile romance with an older man when still a teenager. As I have said I doubt it will last and if she does drift into another relationship with the speed that this one followed the last her reputaion WILL suffer in the eyes of the public. Her mother has never fully recovered her own reputation and it will be too easy for people to think "Like mother like daughter".

i agree with your post. i highly doubt that this is a platonic relationship given his age.

i agree with your post. given his age, i highly doubt that this is a platonic relationship. sarah and andrew appear to be very indulgent parents and i hope this doesn't lead to problems later on. i know that an age difference like this is lot more acceptable in a lot of places in the world than it is in north america but that's quite spread. suppose she wasn't a princess...how would people feel about it then?

Hmm. I recall another English teenager, only a year older than this one at the time, a bit over 26 years ago, who was seeing a man in his early thirties, and don't recall anyone questioning what that man saw in a teenager. It was taken for granted that what he saw was his future Queen. Her youth didn't seem to bother most people, and was in fact seen as an advantage in some ways.

What is different here where the couple is in fact closer in age? Is it that attitudes have changed, or is it the lack of a fairytale quality? Or something else?

Can anyone believe that Bea is 19 Today...wow...i hope she behaves more responsibly from now on ;D

What is different here where the couple is in fact closer in age? Is it that attitudes have changed, or is it the lack of a fairytale quality? Or something else
Charles was looking for someone who could be the future Queen. Beatrice has no such responsibility. The person will be in the public eye, yes, but she does not have the burden of finding someone to be the future Head of State. Charles had to put personal want aside to find someone to fit this need. Beatrice does not.

Hmm. I recall another English teenager, only a year older than this one at the time, a bit over 26 years ago, who was seeing a man in his early thirties, and don't recall anyone questioning what that man saw in a teenager. It was taken for granted that what he saw was his future Queen. Her youth didn't seem to bother most people, and was in fact seen as an advantage in some ways.

What is different here where the couple is in fact closer in age? Is it that attitudes have changed, or is it the lack of a fairytale quality? Or something else?
Yes, and look how awful that marriage turned out! I def. believe that Diana was far too young, immature and niave to have married someone of Charles' age and position. Obviously. While I believe not everyone matures at the same age, Pss Beatrice doesn't strike me as an overly mature, sophisticated woman. Though maybe her BF is an immature 26 and they're closer to each other emotionally after all. Who knows. We don't know these people and can only make assumptions.

For her she's looking good, dressing well, with dresses for her figure.

Pics 29.7.2007

Some more additional holiday pics I've found :):

Bea having a little discussion ;) with Sarah at the Club 55 in St Tropez

---> Pic

and enjoying some time with her boyfriend

---> Pic

Thanks, Iceflower. I wish I knew what Sarah was telling her. It looks like a bit of mother scolding.

Bea has achieved 3 passes in her exams, an A pass in Drama, B passes in History and film studies.

She did better than Harry is that because she worked harder than her cousin or is it that she actually recieved help for her dyslexia unlike Harry?

Last edited:
I don't remember what Harry passed in, but I don't think many would rate passes in Drama or Film study as hard to achieve. Whatever happened to English, Maths, Sciences, Languages, no wonder the pass rate has risen once again! :bang:

Congratulation to Princess Beatrice for surpassing her cousins in the same field of studies. For a young woman who could not read at her grade level few yrs ago due to dyslexia, it must have taken hard work and great achievements to pick subjects like History and Drama which require linguistic analysis and intense writing papers. I read she also managed above B average in her math and science courses.

She did better than Harry is that because she worked harder than her cousin or is it that she actually recieved help for her dyslexia unlike Harry?

unlike Prince Harry, Prince Andrew hired a private tutor for Beatrice, to to coach their daughter prior to her GCSE exams.

Last edited:
It seems that staying over the extra year at her grade level has paid off. Congratualtions to the Princess. Still, taking a gap year will have her beginning university studies at age 20. Rather late, but perhaps she and her sister will start at the same time.

Sel, that would be highly unlikely. It is considered rare for a British student not to take a gap year, and it is unlikely that Eugenie will not.

Lam, I don't think that was quite the case. Bea received tutoring at a well-known centre, which is a different set-up (I am speaking from experience having received testing prep from a centre before my stanardized exams). The set-up as well as the goals would have been different.

Kp, Harry was never an academic, but he did receive help for his dsylexia/ learning troubles and, like Beatrice, repeated a year. Harry was working towards very different goals: he was not testing to get into university, he was testing to meet the requirement for his chosen career in the military, and it was therefore not the marks but the passing that mattered. Harry's academic problems were much more quiet than Beatrice's. This can be attributed to the differing views the sets of parents had on how private these matters should be. However, there is definitely documentation of Harry receiving help even while still at Ludgrove. The specifics of this help is largely unknown, because it was not a matter that either of his parents felt needed to or should be discussed with the public.

Harry's passes were a D in geography and B in Art. Before passing judgement on any A-level subjects, I think we should look closely at the course work. Looking at photographs of artwork Harry completed at A-level, I know better than to think that subjects that sound like push-overs really are. Whether a subject is difficult very much depends on the person. (As an interesting side note, Harry's D was not the only D in his year, as was widely reported for many months to follow. It was the only D in geography for his year, and geography had not been a popular subject for Eton in that year. There were several other D's, in other subjects, among Harry's class.)

It is considered rare for a British student not to take a gap year,

Is that really true? Do most British 17 or 18 year olds have the economic wherewithal to take a year off before beginning a university (or equivalent) course?

I've thought for quite some time that the "gap year" mode would be more prevalent in the United States if it were not for the fact that so many families depend on medical coverage that is in effect for those 18 and older only if they are full-time students.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom