The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Royal Highness

have to agree...the colour's great but the outfit is all wrong. i wonder who's encouraging her to design clothes? i have to admit while i don't like her style it doesn't mean she couldn't design clothes for others. look at betsy johnson...would any of you step out the door dressed like her?

Old 09-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Royal Highness

UGH--Betsey Johnson looks, well, so Betsey Johnson-ish--I can't describe her personal look--but her clothes are lovely. Hopefully, Bea will be the same.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 09-16-2007, 11:16 AM

The over-dress thing is ok. The legging pants don't flatter her body, like jcdcode points out. The leopard print bag is so tacky. I guess the shoes are fine. I'm sorry my fashion terminologies are so ignorant.
Princess Beatrice, please do not try to be a designer! Please....
It is great for her to want to be an original person and to try being a free spirit like her mum, but she would be wise to be objective about it. There are positive things about her mother's lifestyle, but some negative things too, and certainly some mistakes that Beatrice should try to learn from instead of repeat. Talk to Aunt Sophie about PR. Talk to Daddy about how to balance being a free spirit with an HRH appropriately. Cousin Zara is not even an HRH, but if she was one, she would be a model of the appropriately free spirited balance. One more thing: Ring up Kate Middleton and ask her who is fashion-advising her, because whoever it is, they are good!
Old 09-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Royal Highness

hahaha....now THAT'S some great advice casiraghitrio. i really hope she reads this forum and takes it in the good way it's meant. :)
Old 09-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I cannot imagine that someone without any taste is clothes is going to design them The York girls often look like they grabbed clothing that is too tight, too short or just plain unbecoming and throw them on. Their hats are ghastly, but that could be said for many of the RF.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Their hats are ghastly, but that could be said for many of the RF.
Yeah, haha, for hats I think they actually do consult with Aunt Sophie.
On second thought, I suppose being a fashion intern like Monaco's Princess Stephanie (though obviously, not too much "like" her) or even working for a company like Jigsaw wouldn't be inappropriate. As long as Princess Beatrice keeps it like that, and doesn't try launching her own line, because you know how uncle Edward got in trouble trying to have his own business! I mean, maybe a fashion job like Kate Middleton would be helpful. Look what wonders it did for Kate's fashion sense.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
There are positive things about her mother's lifestyle, but some negative things too, and certainly some mistakes that Beatrice should try to learn from instead of repeat. Talk to Aunt Sophie about PR. Talk to Daddy about how to balance being a free spirit with an HRH appropriately... One more thing: Ring up Kate Middleton and ask her who is fashion-advising her, because whoever it is, they are good!
That is one of the best thigns I've read on any royalty forum, ever. Wow. APPLAUSE to you in the highest order. 100% on.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Beatrice and beau celebrate a year together

The flame-haired royal, 19, and her 25-year-old American boyfriend Dave Clarke are to mark the first anniversary of their relationship in Morocco before she jets off for a gap year in the US-------> Picture
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Beatrice and beau celebrate a year together

The flame-haired royal, 19, and her 25-year-old American boyfriend Dave Clarke are to mark the first anniversary of their relationship in Morocco before she jets off for a gap year in the US-------> Picture
Thanks for the info. and picture, Avalon. However, I think in this photo Beatrice looks 25 and her bf looks 19.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Thanks for the info. and picture, Avalon. However, I think in this photo Beatrice looks 25 and her bf looks 19.
Yep, but he usually looks teen-ish, doesn't he?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Pics 18.9.2007

Beatrice attended the " All That Jazz" event in aid of "Children In Crisis" at the Dorchester Hotel, London
with her boyfriend and her mother Sarah, for more pics please take a look at Sarah's thread

** Bea 1 ** Bea 2 ** Bea 3 **
Old 09-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Royal Highness

WHY does she always have that deer in the headlights look? I'm getting tired of it. If she isn't doing this: http://i16.tinypic.com/4t9p1s4.jpg
then she's attempting to pull of a sultry this: http://i10.tinypic.com/66tpgy9.jpg and she just looks wrong. A nice smile would really make her look stunning with that hair and bone structure. She's such a pretty girl.
A pretty girl who got it all wrong again! That gown is too low--she's about to pop out. It also this funky dominatrix look. She got it wrong again. And, it is not flattering to her overall shape. She needs fabric that skims her midline, not hugs it.
Casiraghi Trio--you hit the nail on the head with your analysis. ZRA is who Bea needs to go talk to (and Kate--what a beatiful and well dressed lady)

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 09-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Serene Highness

haha! I was just thinking the same thing, she always look like she was just caught at something. I think she could be a pretty girl if she worked on her posing but her clothes always look so bad, IMHO.I hate to think she is going to be producing a clothing line, I hope she hires some good designers. I think Bea looks just like Prince Andrew with the exception of the hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
WHY does she always have that deer in the headlights look? I'm getting tired of it. If she isn't doing this: http://i16.tinypic.com/4t9p1s4.jpg
then she's attempting to pull of a sultry this: http://i10.tinypic.com/66tpgy9.jpg and she just looks wrong. A nice smile would really make her look stunning with that hair and bone structure. She's such a pretty girl.
A pretty girl who got it all wrong again! That gown is too low--she's about to pop out. It also this funky dominatrix look. She got it wrong again. And, it is not flattering to her overall shape. She needs fabric that skims her midline, not hugs it.
Casiraghi Trio--you hit the nail on the head with your analysis. ZRA is who Bea needs to go talk to (and Kate--what a beatiful and well dressed lady)
Old 09-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:
WHY does she always have that deer in the headlights look? I'm getting tired of it.
That, and she's always got her mouth open. Is she even capable of closing it? I'm beginning to wonder. She does have those huge teeth.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Courtier

Hey guys, dont you thik it would bea good idea if we focused on the positive...i know that i personally tend to critisize her dress sense, but there is a lot of good things to not too. For instance, i think she looks okay in this Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
I also dont think her dress is too bad. i think that she has gone for a more hour glass figur flattering llook and it is certainly better than some previous choices!
Is she showing too much flesh??? I dont know but do you think that if she wasnt the queens grand daughter, so much attention would be drawn to it?
O well i know how hard it is to buy ball dresses and i think Beatrice looked fine, given how difficult it is to buy 'the perfect dress'
Old 09-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, she is showing too much flesh because her nipple is about to pop out. Princess Beatrice is the grandaughter of Her Majesty, The Queen--as such she cannot pull a Lil Kim. Because she is the granddaughter of a Queen (for a full list of HM titles, please click List of titles and honours of Queen Elizabeth II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
she needs to dress her role.
I do know how hard it is shop for clothes--but I am a regular person, I dont' have stylists at my disposal, I don't attend high profile events, I don't have a HRH title, my uncle isn't going to be King, my gramma isn't the Queen, and I'm not Fifth in the Line of Succession. I expect a little more from her. She's a beautiful girl! She would look fantastic in flattering clothes.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks, Ice, for the photos. Sorry, but I was dying laughing readinig jcbcode99's post. I tend to agree. Poor Beatrice. I've always said I thought Beatrice was very pretty. I love the eyes and the hair. She's a voluptuous young woman and just needs to feel comfortable in her own skin, which I think will happen eventually. It's an awkward age for a woman, esp. one in the public eye. And it must be difficult for her because she's not a Size 2 or something like the models and actresses and anorexic socialites she must encounter. I commend her for being a healthy girl - a good role model. I think she'll find a style she likes that works best for her.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Serene Highness

The dress would be so pretty if it were covering her chest area more.

I wonder what Grandma has to say about that!
Old 09-20-2007, 06:46 AM
Heir Apparent

They realçly look bad with hats, so hats only should be used when extremely necessary! The hair should be cut
Old 09-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes, she is showing too much flesh because her nipple is about to pop out. Princess Beatrice is the grandaughter of Her Majesty, The Queen--as such she cannot pull a Lil Kim. Because she is the granddaughter of a Queen (for a full list of HM titles, please click List of titles and honours of Queen Elizabeth II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
she needs to dress her role.
I do know how hard it is shop for clothes--but I am a regular person, I dont' have stylists at my disposal, I don't attend high profile events, I don't have a HRH title, my uncle isn't going to be King, my gramma isn't the Queen, and I'm not Fifth in the Line of Succession. I expect a little more from her. She's a beautiful girl! She would look fantastic in flattering clothes.
The point i am trying to make is that- should she not have the right of a level of normality in her life? Yes she must not dress like trash(no one should) but i dont think its fair to say that just because she is the queen's granddaughter she should be so different from her peers. Yes she sould be decent, but she also lives in a normal life with normal people/ friends who she may be influenced by.
Secondly, i dont know how old the people on this forum are or whatever, but you nedd to realsie that she is a DIFFERENT GENERATION. People who compare her to Charlotte Casiraghi dont realise that charlotte too shows some flesh, and it is ok..as long as they look decent enough, which i thought Beatrice did!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice