Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 5: August 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Not sure if he was a Graf but he was a von Bismarck. He was perfect. Quite good looking, from decent stock, a bit of money. But she ended it as far as I know.

Cal me old-fashioned, but I think royalty should start marrying their own kind again. No more real estate agents or news readers! ;-)

Hear Hear! It's about time we had some blue-blood pumped back into Royal veins.

I think we are talking about Nikolai Graf von Bismarck. He's two years older than Bea and was born in London.

Definately too bad she broke that off.

Thats him. Nikolai von Bismarck. He was a perfect match. But who knows, they might get back together.

did she actually date Nikolai? i read that her first boyfriend was that american guy

BeatrixFan said:

I agree. New genes have been introduced with commoners but it would be more special to have blue bloods marrying their own kind :)

Bea and Nikolai are still very close . It was him she asked to take her official 18th birthday snap.I agree that it would be nice to see Royals marrying into the aristocracy again at least. I would love to see Bea, Eugenie and the "Lady" Windsors and Zara becoming Duchesses or Countesses with lovley big statley homes of their own. Helen and Davina havn't done it but I still hold out hope for Gabriella and Rose but I don't see Zara going for that type.Another thing I disagree with is the first born inheriting the throne no matter what the sex. I think that when a brother has a sister on the throne it leaves him at a bit of a loose end whilst women can always find a niche with a husband and family. I always feel sorry for Carl Philip in Sweden for example as I believe in the term "son and heir". I know it's a bit off topic but I've been looking for a thread to voice this on for ages. Does anyone else think this way or is it just me?

angela said:
Bea and Nikolai are still very close . It was him she asked to take her official 18th birthday snap.I agree that it would be nice to see Royals marrying into the aristocracy again at least. I would love to see Bea, Eugenie and the "Lady" Windsors and Zara becoming Duchesses or Countesses with lovley big statley homes of their own. Helen and Davina havn't done it but I still hold out hope for Gabriella and Rose but I don't see Zara going for that type.Another thing I disagree with is the first born inheriting the throne no matter what the sex. I think that when a brother has a sister on the throne it leaves him at a bit of a loose end whilst women can always find a niche with a husband and family. I always feel sorry for Carl Philip in Sweden for example as I believe in the term "son and heir". I know it's a bit off topic but I've been looking for a thread to voice this on for ages. Does anyone else think this way or is it just me?

Don't feel sorry for Prince Carl Philip as he's quite publicly stated that he's glad he's not the 'son and heir', it means he can do what he wants with his life. The Dutch heir has royal duties the 'spares' were able to get paying jobs in areas they are interested in. The Swedish royals will be the same. As far as the other "Lady" Windsors or even Princesses, marrying into nobility, probably not. The era of arranged marriages for royals is over, they don't mix with other royals and they come into contact with a far wider group of people. Lady Davina married a New Zealand builder that she met when they were both holidaying in Bali. Lady Gabriella's just finished a relationship with an Indian journalist she met at university. Princess Alexandra of Kent who was related to half the European royals and mixed frequently with them still married an untitled man, the second son. Her children and grandchildren have no titles despite being descendents of Russian Tsars and British Kings. Anyone can have a stately home provided you can afford it, it's no longer something just for the nobility. Minor royals would prefer some nice comfortable home that won't cost them a fortune to run. Princess Michael of Kent said one of the reasons they sold their country home was that if it were passed onto their son Lord Frederick he wouldn't be able to afford the upkeep so they might as well sell it now ( and save on inheritance tax)

That's the real world of royalty as it is now, the era of Jane Austen is long gone.

I don't mean by way of arranged marraiges.They still mix with a lot of young aristocrats and I think it would be nice if some marraiges came about naturally the way Lord Linley's did when he married the Hon. Serena Stanhope.

Not to get totally off topic...but most people meet their significant other's in their social circles. Hence....Zara spends more time with the athletic type and that's who she dates. William met his a uni...Harry...at a party? Not trying to be funny.

Back to Beatrice...she hangs out more in the social world...so hopefully..she will not date an entertainer (yikes) but I see her more settling down with someone who is an aristrocrat or who has some money. So the possibly does exist...but she is fairly young...we got years and years of her dating!

Last edited:
I hope so Zonk. :) But dates without scandals.

BeatrixFan said:

I agree also. But, there aren't very many of those left.:)

SHe should not wait too long before she marries. A year or 2, max. She shouldn't wait because her beauty might vanish

Princess BellyFlop said:
SHe should not wait too long before she marries. A year or 2, max. She shouldn't wait because her beauty might vanish

You think her beauty will vanish after age 20? I find that a bit hard to believe about any woman. I think she'll become more beautiful as she ages. I've always found her to be a natural beauty and she probably won't need much "work" as she enters middle-age. Just MO. Besides, love and marriage are not necessarily about outer beauty but more about the person within. I hope Pss. Beatrice marries a man who appreciates her for herself and not just because she's beautiful and royal.

Well, Bella, you read me right.

I know that 20 might be young for a woman to see her beauty vanish but. In Beatrice's case, it might be sad but let's face it: she doesn't have much to start with. I seriously doubt that bulging eyes, proeminent jaw and strange jaw profile can improve with time. She might eventually get some sort of a fashion sense that could suit her - unlike now. ALSO, her mother admitted herself that her daughters are couch potatoes all weekend long. That is not a good idea to keep a body in regal shape like Princess Anne for example who, with the exception of her hair, makes the best with the little she has.

No, Bea should get herself a hubby asap while she can.

Last edited:
C of E

foiegrass said:
I agree. New genes have been introduced with commoners but it would be more special to have blue bloods marrying their own kind :)
A few princes, had to abdicate, when they married, outside of the C of E.

Thank you for the pictures, Iceflower. It's funny 'cuz in some photos with Sarah and Beatrice, Beatrice looks as tall as her mother. Yet in other photos, like these ones, she seems considerably shorter. Perhaps Sarah is just standing on higher ground. Regardless, they are nice photos.

Beatrice, Eugenie and Sarah, went to see "dirty Dancing" in London tonight.maybe some on can post pics. I'm to dumb for it ...and idk whats allowed and whats not:sad:

Eugenie, just copy a link into your message, and let people click on it. :) I have pictures of the royals I have taken that I won't post anywhere, because I hate seeing my work stolen and pasted. I know photographers (I'm not one, just a couple chance opps) would really appreciate it if you would just post a link to the site they gave permission to post their work on. :flowers: :flowers:

Thanks for the link, HGHD. In the photos of Pss Beatrice arriving at HM's party at the Ritz (I don't know how to link to them, but I followed your link), I think Pss Beatrice looks remarkably like a young Queen Victoria. I wish I could attach the photos or something.

Bella said:
I think Pss Beatrice looks remarkably like a young Queen Victoria.

Yes, that has been discussed more than once on these forums. In fact, I think page 1 of this thread mentions the resemblance.

Princess BellyFlop said:

Her beauty might vanish? There wouldn't be too many of us at all who marry, if we have to rely on our "beauty". For heaven's sake -- the girl has just turned eighteen!

To be honest, I doubt if all that many people would regard Beatrice as a beauty anyway, though she has lovely colouring and is a bubbly personality.

She is little more than a child -- I would imagine marriage would be the last thing on her mind at this stage. :rolleyes:

Avareenah said:
Her beauty might vanish? There wouldn't be too many of us at all who marry, if we have to rely on our "beauty". For heaven's sake -- the girl has just turned eighteen!

To be honest, I doubt if all that many people would regard Beatrice as a beauty anyway, though she has lovely colouring and is a bubbly personality.

She is little more than a child -- I would imagine marriage would be the last thing on her mind at this stage. :rolleyes:

I also with you Avareenah. If she's anything like most of the 18 year olds I know she'd just be enjoying life right now and not thinking about marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom