Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 5: August 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think that Princess Beatrice will have her marks or not? I know they did for her GCSEs.They were released omn the 17th.

Last edited:
I was not sure where to post these so I apologise if they are in the wrong thread and have already been discussed :flowers:

For quite some time I have been trying to work out who Princess Beatrice resembles and it was only this morning that it hit me...a young Queen Victoria.

Here are some eye and mouth shots to compare the two (a given that the one of Victoria is infact a portrait).

a7475a66.jpg

8f2ff814.jpg

Is it only me who thinks there is a great likeness between the two?

Last edited:
I agree with you Madame Royale. There's a pic I have of Queen Victoria and she does look like Beatrice (well vice-versa). Great minds think alike eh?

Madame Royale said:
For quite some time I have been trying to work out who Princess Beatrice resembles and it was only this morning that it hit me...a young Queen Victoria.

Is it only me who thinks there is a great likeness between the two?

No, there are several of us who have discussed this earlier on these forums.

BeatrixFan said:
I agree with you Madame Royale. There's a pic I have of Queen Victoria and she does look like Beatrice (well vice-versa). Great minds think alike eh?

Thanks for your responses BeatrixFan & selrahc4 :flowers:

Those kind of things happen. When reading the article it all seems to me like a school accident. Plain and simple accident. I wonder why it's coming back now. Such accidents can easily happen with winter coat zippers. A few winters ago, I personnally cracked two front teeth when the elastic of my ski coat got caught then swang back and hit my teeth. And, unfortunately, I'm no longer a vivacious school kid.

school

Incas said:
Princess Beatrice broke my tooth at school ... now I want £2,000
The parents of a teenager who needed dental work costing £2,000 after being struck in the face by Princess Beatrice have spoken of their seven-year battle for compensation and an apology from the Duke and Duchess of York.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=404382&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=

Brooke and Beatrice - now 16 and head girl of St George's School, Ascot - were firm friends but have drifted apart since the incident.

Does this mean that both girls attend St George's school, Ascot?

It is coming up because the parents want an apology and payment for dental bills from Sarah and Andrew. Apparently they have not responded in a timely manor to requests for money and an apology. And it is 7 years they have been waiting.

Last edited:
Cowarth- nope. :) The part of the sentence refering to St George's only applies to Beatrice- you can tell because only one of them could be Head Girl. That is Beatrice, so by the rules of English the comment about St George's wouldn't refer to the other girl.

why are they bringing this story to the public now? its an school accident.stuff like that happens, everyday..... DOes she wanna have attention? or could it be that she is mad about that she wasn't invited to Beatrice's birthdayparty?:ermm:

This is absurd. If this girl's parents are wealthy enough to send her to the same school as Pss. Beatrice, I'm sure they have adequate dental insurance to cover such typical childhood accidents. Dang, this world has become so money hungry. I wonder if their daughter's teeth hadn't been injured by a royal princess if they would have even bothered seeking "restitution." Kids play around. Kids get hurt. I remember reading once that a friend of John Lennon's son, Sean, got hurt while playing at their Dakota apt. and the parents were looking for money for the (minor) hospital bill. When I was a kid and got injured accidentally at a friend's, my parents would never have gone after them for money. Tacky.

This is absurd. If this girl's parents are wealthy enough to send her to the same school as Pss. Beatrice, I'm sure they have adequate dental insurance to cover such typical childhood accidents.

The school fee's are 1,265 to 2,450 pounds per term depending on your grade. I am not sure what grades are called in the UK.

Last edited:
Bella said:
This is absurd. If this girl's parents are wealthy enough to send her to the same school as Pss. Beatrice, I'm sure they have adequate dental insurance to cover such typical childhood accidents. Dang, this world has become so money hungry. I wonder if their daughter's teeth hadn't been injured by a royal princess if they would have even bothered seeking "restitution." Kids play around. Kids get hurt. I remember reading once that a friend of John Lennon's son, Sean, got hurt while playing at their Dakota apt. and the parents were looking for money for the (minor) hospital bill. When I was a kid and got injured accidentally at a friend's, my parents would never have gone after them for money. Tacky.

I doubt that it very much about the money. If you read some of the articles posted the young lady who was injured still suffers from pain all of these years later! She had some nerve damage and still has to have treatment. In the article the father states that its not so much about the money but there has not even been any sort of acknowledgment or apology for the incident. I wonder why not? Do they feel that they are above apologizing or that the incident was not thier fault. If my child was injured like this and there was no word of apology or acknowledgment I would be furious enough to press charges. Seeing as how a Royal Princess injured thier daughter how can this family possibly press charges without being publicly bashed. Hmmm....

lashinka2002 said:
In the article the father states that its not so much about the money but there has not even been any sort of acknowledgment or apology for the incident. I wonder why not? Do they feel that they are above apologizing or that the incident was not thier fault. If my child was injured like this and there was no word of apology or acknowledgment I would be furious enough to press charges. Seeing as how a Royal Princess injured thier daughter how can this family possibly press charges without being publicly bashed. Hmmm....

We can question the sincerity of the parents when they say that they are not pressing charges for money. In risk management we learn early on that apologizing or sending a card or gift to an injured client can be seen as admitting that you were at fault and that's what the other party wants you to do so it's easier for them when they take you to court. I certainly understand why neither Andrew nor Fergie acknowkedge or apologize for the incident.

Princess BellyFlop said:
In risk management we learn early on that apologizing or sending a card or gift to an injured client can be seen as admitting that you were at fault and that's what the other party wants you to do so it's easier for them when they take you to court.

The irony is that as personal injury lawyers we learn from experience that with this sort of relatively minor injury it is often the very fact that no apology was made or interest shown in the injured person's wefare that causes a person to commence proceedings. People often don't really want to go through the process of what can be a lengthy court case, but when the person who has caused them or a member of their family to suffer has shown no remorse and has not offered to compensate them, they will do it as a matter of principle.

I dunno . . . I guess we really don't know the whole story as the Duke & Duchess of York aren't publically discussing the matter. However, didn't it say somewhere that Beatrice did apologize at the time of the incident? This is a children's issue. Kids were playing around, one got hurt, the other said sorry. This thing happens all the time. Did Beatrice's parents even know the extent of this girl's injuries? I mean, she obviously wasn't rushed to the hospital so she probably went home and told her parents what happened and maybe it was them who determined the serious nature of the injury. And if so, did they contact Beatrice's parents at that time? And if not, then Andrew and Sarah would have had no way of knowing about it. Or about how serious it may have been. I guess I'm just skeptical of ppl who "go after" someone rich/famous for what seems to be - from my standpoint - a relatively minor affair.

Wow! That must be "some" kinda jacket!! It must have a zipper made out of heavy duty lead, for it to knock out a tooth and injure 2 others!!!
Either that, or the other girl must have had pretty weak teeth to begin with!!

sesa said:
Wow! That must be "some" kinda jacket!! It must have a zipper made out of heavy duty lead, for it to knock out a tooth and injure 2 others!!!
Either that, or the other girl must have had pretty weak teeth to begin with!!

Exactly!
Now, how hard was Beatrice swinging that thing (anorak)....?
This sounds like one of those freak accidents you hear about on the news.:ermm:

Exactely RachelD, unless Beatrice was literally swinging that thing with "malicious intent", which I severly doubt, it was a "freak accident". Kids will be kids. As a parent, you take things like this in stride, deal with it, and move on.
If restitution has not been paid as of yet, and the girls are now 18yrs old, I think it's time to just pail the bills and move on.
I know how expensive dental work is w/o insurance,but come on....2 yrs later they are now planning on taking leagal action???
Please.....suck it up and move on people!!!!:rolleyes:

sesa said:
Exactely RachelD, unless Beatrice was literally swinging that thing with "malicious intent", which I severly doubt, it was a "freak accident". Kids will be kids. As a parent, you take things like this in stride, deal with it, and move on.
If restitution has not been paid as of yet, and the girls are now 18yrs old, I think it's time to just pail the bills and move on.
I know how expensive dental work is w/o insurance,but come on....2 yrs later they are now planning on taking leagal action???
Please.....suck it up and move on people!!!!:rolleyes:

Totally agree with you!:flowers:

Did anyone else note that the article mentioned that the girl wasn't invited to Beatrice's birthday party. Why mention that? Are they not friends anymore because of the incident or because people grow apart? I am not really asking for an answer...just putting it out there.

Yes, I noticed it said that...and like you, I thought the same thing. Why mention that the girl was not invited? It seems the writer is trying to make Beatrice look guilty or something like that, especially because the main issue is already that the Duke and Duchess are "ignoring" the girls parent's request for compensation...It seems they tried to make the royal family look like they don't care about anyone else but themselves. I didn't like the way the article was written-my opinion.

Yeah. It does seem like sensationalism. I'm sure there's more to it than we've been told. I would be surprised if Sarah and Andrew were coldly ignoring the other family.

This is not about the money and this family is very petty. The family is wealthy if they can afford Coworth Park school fee's at 1,265 to 2,450 pounds per term and the exclusive senior school there daughter attends.

"Caption : Princess Beatrice leaving the Cuckoo club, London, England - 16.09.06"

2q8u4o1.jpg

(WENN)

She looks Amazing , wasnt William there just last week.

Its good to see a girl of the family clubbing and having fun, now i'm not
anymore with the impression of that only the boys can club in that family lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom