Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 4: July-August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ysbel

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
New York
Country
United States
Time to start a new thread for Princess Beatrice's news and pictures. The old thread is here.

O Please the press Just wants someone to pick on!

I found the article itself very complimentary indeed towards Beatrice, so while the headline does seem created to grab attention- as most are- I wouldn't say this article is really the press picking on her. I think that is more when the get a headline like this and a story to go along with it. The three things mentioned in the title here weren't brought up more than twice each in a very long article.

can't wait to read what they say in next sunday's edition!

I believe it's this Saturday, July 15. Hope someone can pull some pictures from the event.

Her birthday's 8 August, but the Windsors usually spend the entire month of August at Balmoral, so it must have been moved up.

Bea is very pretty but I think her little sister will eclipse her in long term beauty. Sorry, but that's the way I feel.

Lady Bluffton said:
Bea is very pretty but I think her little sister will eclipse her in long term beauty. Sorry, but that's the way I feel.

I agree with you, but I also think that physical beauty is grossly over-valued. IMO a beautiful personality is far more important and valuable than a beautiful shell.

Very true...however, I think it's telling that Beatrice is wearing over-revealing clothes that do not suit someone her age. I would like her a lot more if she were a bit more demure, and well, classy. Princess or not.

Lady Bluffton said:

I disagree. I find Eugenie very common-looking. It's not that she's not pretty, 'cuz I think she is very attractive and has certainly blossomed into a lovey young woman. But there are a thousand young girls who look just like her, or close. But I think Beatrice is more unique looking with her huge eyes and red hair. Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder, so I guess it doesn't really matter either way.

For better or for worse, I think Beatrice dresses like most young ladies her age albiet with higher end labels. In fact, she might be a bit modest compared to most teens.

I think Eugenie will be the long term beauty but I wish them both the very best.

I think Eugenie's features are more evenly matched with each other, so, for people who find that attractive, she'll eventually be the prettier one. Beatrice's features are more striking, but also more uneven -- she's got huge eyes, a thin nose, heavy jaw and no chin in profile, but the hair is amazing and her vibrant personality is great. Depends on what someone finds attractive as to which one will be physically prettier.

Beatrice's birthday party will be this weekend at Windsor Castle. The Queen, Prince Philip, William, Harry, Prince Charles and Camilla will not attend. The Queen requested the party be this weekend at windsor castle, but she will be on a private holiday.

There is speculation that the Queen and Prince Philip don't want to attend because of the presence of the Duchess of York.

Aparrently 300 guests have been invited for the meal, with at further 200 to go later.

Juliet said:
Beatrice's birthday party will be this weekend at Windsor Castle. The Queen, Prince Philip, William, Harry, Prince Charles and Camilla will not attend. The Queen requested the party be this weekend at windsor castle, but she will be on a private holiday.

There is speculation that the Queen and Prince Philip don't want to attend because of the presence of the Duchess of York.

Aparrently 300 guests have been invited for the meal, with at further 200 to go later.

Wow! :eek: Your information is certainly at odds with this story:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=394642&in_page_id=1770&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=FEMAIL&ct=5tainly

In about 36 hours (not sure what time it is in your part of the world - it's 11pm Friday night here), either your informant or Rebecca English is going to be rather embarrassed.

Luckily we don't have to wait long to find out who it will be.:)

Juliet said:

If the Queen usually goes to her grandchildren's 18th birthday parties, I seriously doubt she'll totally boycott Beatrice's birthday party even if she can't stand Sarah. (I don't know if she really can't stand Sarah but the Queen strikes me as someone with a lot of common sense and boycotting your granddaughter's 18th birthday party just because you don't like their mother just doesn't seem sensible.) If she doesn't usually go to her grandchildren's 18th birthday parties, then I don't see why she would go to Beatrice's. Either way I don't think the Queen's attendance or non-attendance will depend on her attitude towards Sarah.

I should have said that the information I posted was reported on British TV this morning by the royal correspondant James Whittaker. I personally disagree with the speculation that the Queen and Prince Phillip are boycotting because of Sarah, I was just reporting what was said on TV.

I'm not sure how credible the above source is, I don't have much respect for the Daily Mail to be honest, but it is indeed interesting that the two reports totally contradict each other and whoever got their information wrong will look pretty stupid.

As Roslyn said, we will soon find out.

The Daily Mail article was an old article, the information about the Queen, Prince Phillip, Charles, Camilla, William and Harry not attending is information from the past two days. The Queen reportedly is not attending as she feels too old to attend teenagers parties. Although it is no doubt upsetting for Beatrice i agree with the Queen not attending, as it is nice enough for her to host the party but i am sure many of Beatrice's friends would be slightly uncomfortable at the thought of being in the same room as the Queen. At least if the Queen doesn't attend everyone can relax and enjoy themselves properly.

I am disappointed at how badly this has been reported, it's as if the Queen is ruining Beatrice's birthday, and people are forgetting that her birthday isn't until August and the Queen will more than likely celebrate it with her then with a small family tea.

I may be too optimistic here, but perhaps William and Harry won't be attending because they're at Sandhurst?

Hopefully they won't show up at a polo game tomorrow.

Is Harry still at Sandhurst?
I am a bit dissapointed that Prince William and Harry cant make it. William seems to be going to a lot of events while he is surposed to be at sandhurst. I wonder why they didnt go. I wonder if the consider Bea and her friends as being young? maybe thats it. Anyway, im dissapointed

I think all of this sounds sketchy at best. This isn't a "teen" party. It's a very well thought out coming of age party for a royal princess thrown by her parents (and given HM's nod of approval) at Windsor Castle, no less. Not only are Beatrice's friends invited, but alot of her parents' friends as well, plus older relations and dignitaries. With a guest list of about 500 there will be plenty of adults. So the idea that the Queen would not attend because she feels "too old" for a "teen party" is absurd. Besides, it's reported quite frequently that Beatrice is a favorite of HM so I can't imagine her not attending an obvious very special event for her granddaughter. This party has been in planning for months and I find it hard to believe that the POW and his family could not have made other arrangements in order to attend. As for members of the RF not going because of Sarah, I don't think they'd be that publically obvious of their supposed dislike for her. Anyway, it would be more insulting to Prince Andrew and Beatrice if they don't attend. I guess we'll all know soon enough.

I serisouly doubt that the Queen said the day before the party that she wasn't coming *if* she had definitely been planning in coming. Is it possible? Yes, of course. But it sounds like the arrangments necessary for her to be there wouldn't have been made if she had other plans, and I doubt she just decided two days ago not to attend.

I hope they go for a minute even if they don't stay. But I can understand they are older now and probably don't want to distract from their granddaughters day. As for william and harry maybe they have service commitments.

Im going to be very very optimistic in hoping that even though they(queen and prince phillip) dont go to the main party, they should atleast be at the dinner. It only seems right. I thought Ferie would have been forgiven already. I hope all of this has just been a misunderstanding b th press. I would hate to be in Beas situation now. Its a really important perty for her and her grandparents wont come after promising to come. Whatever happens though, i hope she has a great time withher friends. Well see tonight what happens. Does anyone know if any pictures of the party itself willbe published? I read that the quests werent even allowed to bring cameras.

For William's party (he is the only one who has had one like this) a couple pictures were released of him and the band. Then there were a few of people arriving, most of the RF were in cars and you couldn't see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom