The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

On that note I think we can declare the discussion on the number of guests to be over, lest it completely swamp the thread.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

Old 07-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
My guess is, that Fergie helps them shop like most mothers do for their teenagers (and even older daughters). And Fergie has been known to have some fashion accidents, although I've seen her look gorgeous at times.
I agree with you totally, I cringe when I think of the fashion disasters I inflicted on my daughters, thinking I was ensuring they were fashionable, up to the minute designs like the puffball skirts, (items I would not wear myself). They have forgiven me .

The trouble with Fergie is that she will try to dress like a younger woman, the girls are in clothes too old for them and that is what gives the chance for some more derogatory headlines.

Old 07-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Royal Highness

iowabelle's comment about having someone from say, vogue, give them some advice was an excellent idea.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Aristocracy

A few years ago, Sarah tried to hire a well-known fashion advisor for both girls.

The lady refused to do it because of the way they dressed.

(And I do believe they choose what they wear with her on their own, and shudder at the thought of them dressing like the Olsens or Lindsday Lohan- or anyone dressing like that!)
Old 07-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Royal Highness

it's a shame that society has made young girls feel like they have to bare so much. these girls could have the best clothing, tailored to fit like a glove but they don't.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

After much consideraton, I decided to put this article here, since it has to do with Princess Beatrice's birthday.
I don't trust it very much though, it's the Mirror after all.

FERGIE WORLD

When Prince Andrew wanted to bring his new girlfriend to his daughter Bea's 18th birthday, his ex-wife not only AGREED, she had a DRESS MADE for her.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
After much consideraton, I decided to put this article here, since it has to do with Princess Beatrice's birthday.
I don't trust it very much though, it's the Mirror after all.
I hope it's true. It's a nice story. If Sarah did that, it is an indicator that she is a warm, decent person who is considerate to others and tries to make them feel welcome and comfortable. After all, she well knows what it feels like to be treated otherwise!
Old 07-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Nobility

Is Princess Beatrice a boarding student like Princess Eugenie or still a day girl at St George's School?
Old 07-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
didnt charlotte of monoco have an 18 th birthday party? that seemed more in good taste than Beatrice's fancy dress party !! but everyone one has diffrent taste , there again charlotte does have Princess caroline as a mother so her party would be tastfull .
Methinks the above was not 'tastfull'.
HRH Princess Beatrice seems very happy with her party and that is all that should matter to her and her family. Happy Belated Birthday, Princess!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
I hope it's true. It's a nice story. If Sarah did that, it is an indicator that she is a warm, decent person who is considerate to others and tries to make them feel welcome and comfortable. After all, she well knows what it feels like to be treated otherwise!
I know I am a cynic, but the phrase 'keep your friends close, your enemies closer still' sprung to mind when reading the article!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Royal Highness

It's also possible that in the moment, Sarah made the best of an awkward situation Andrew created. I thought it was tacky to bring the new girlfriend to any part of Beatrice's celebration. It was a great demonstration to her children on how to handle themselves when people close to them are being thoughtless.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:33 AM
Gentry

does somebody have pic of eugenie and beatrice arriving for the queens cruise? i read some article were it said that they arrived and that pictures would folow, but i haven't seen any, does anybody know?
Old 07-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.rexfeatures.com/cgi-bin/r...ncess+beatrice

http://new2.isifa.com/result_ed.php?...arch_id=106612
Old 07-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams
Thanks for the link,

Make sure you look at the pictures on the first page, they have the Queen waving as the Linely/Chatto's depart and it is really cute.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Gentry

thanks for the pics, does somebody have access to the pics in big?
Old 07-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

It says in this week's Hello magazine that Peter Philips and Autumn Kelly, Lady Gabriella Windsor and Aatish Taseer, The Earl of Ulster, Lady Rose Windsor and Lord Downpatrick were among the Royals at Beatrice's party. I think some family members must get ready for events at Windsor in the castle beforehand as you rarley ever see photos of them arriving with the other guests.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Courtier

I've always asked myself why do they dress older for their age. They can have access to great clothes and build their own style but should be more appropriate to them, more youthful and colorful-
Old 07-27-2006, 04:50 AM
Administrator

Beatrice enjoying the summer in Saint Tropez:

(FIS, BUNTE)
Old 07-27-2006, 04:52 AM
Gentry

thanks for the pics iceflower. do u know when she was in saint tropez? and how long and who was with her?
Old 07-27-2006, 05:01 AM
Administrator

You are most welcome, Eugenie, I think the pics were taken at the end of last week or at the weekend, as I've seen an extremely small one at a picture agency on Friday/Saturday, but did not post the link at it was really not worth being posted. One of the articles says she was there with some friends :)

Tags
princess beatrice