Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 4: July-August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please post a link to the statement that said that the Queen and Philip didn't attend because Philip doesn't like Sarah? (I don't want some tabloid speculation but an actual statement from a reputable source!!).

As he had her in his own home at Balmoral (OK it was the Queen's home but he has shared it with her for over 50 years so it is his as well) last year I just don't get this argument at all.

I was disappointed that William and Harry weren't there BUT do we know for absolutely sure and certain that they were even invited (OK I too assume that they were but...)

As Camilla has only just buried her beloved father she may have felt that being at a cheerful party celebrating life was too much for her and therefore her husband stayed with her. In addition this party was the night before Camilla's own birthday so maybe Charles planned something special for that night for his wife.

My neice turned 18 earlier this year and on the day itself she had only her family present for a sit-down dinner - cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents - while her 'party' held on the next weekend had all her young friends and their 'noise' maskarading as music. Maybe Beatrice is doing the same thing as her actual birthday is nearly a month away yet.

Last edited:
After the queen didnt attend the wedding of his son, it is not strange at all that she decides for whatever reason to not go to a birthday party of one of her grandchildren.

chrissy57 said:
Can someone please post a link to the statement that said that the Queen and Philip didn't attend because Philip doesn't like Sarah? (I don't want some tabloid speculation but an actual statement from a reputable source!!).

There is no such link, its just that - speculation.

I saw it on TV and the correspondant who reported it said there was speculation that that was the reason for the absence of the Queen and Prince Phillip, but people have been talking abuot the (non) relationship between Phillip and Sarah for years, so it was obvious that people would come to that conclusion.

I personally don't believe it, I'm sure the close family will have a small celebration on her actual birthday.

Andrea Casiraghi was there!? Did I miss my chance to see him in the flesh we ask ourselves.

Lady Marmalade said:
What else is new? Prince Philip is an old, dried-up, useless prune, whose ego would not allow himself to go to this party for not wanting to be in the same room as the Duchess of York. The past is the past, 14 years now....GET OVER IT!!!! She has proved herself with the saying "With age comes wisdom." I commend her and Prince Andrew on the way they have raised their daughters...unlike a certain Prince of Wales who should have paid closer attention to his sons after Diana died instead of going right back to his self-absorbed self.

Memo to Queen: This is 2006, tell your husband to shut-up, act like a REAL man, get in the car and go to his granddaughter's birthday.

Pity William and Harry care more for their hormones and their common girlfriends than their first cousin's 18th birthday.

That's a rather rude statement, I find. ESPECIALLY since these are all assumptions. We none of us have any idea what ACTUALLY goes on within the Royal family. They are private, when possible, as they should be, and I think it a bit presumptuous on your part to make these statements. When you do become a member of the Royal Family and can appropriately and factually comment on these things, then please post such comments. Until then perhaps a softer tone would be in order instead of making disparaging remarks and telling people to "shut up"

Well said Empress! You're right we don't know what really goes on within the palace and it's ignorant to make accusations on something you know nothing about.

BTW I would have really loved to see Beatrice and her sister in some of her grandmother's jewels and (my little heart was hoping) that even maybe a tiara might have been present on their heads :(But oh well! The girls and the Duchess looked beautiful!

Empress said:
That's a rather rude statement, I find. ESPECIALLY since these are all assumptions. We none of us have any idea what ACTUALLY goes on within the Royal family. They are private, when possible, as they should be, and I think it a bit presumptuous on your part to make these statements. When you do become a member of the Royal Family and can appropriately and factually comment on these things, then please post such comments. Until then perhaps a softer tone would be in order instead of making disparaging remarks and telling people to "shut up"

Well, you of course are certainly entitled to your view and I applaud you for making them.

However, we all do have the same desire as well to post ours.

I am not presumptuous in any respect. Given his dislike of the Duchess, I find it as no surprise if that was the reason he did not attend.

As we have these forums for us "common folk" to post our views, I think what I said will stand the test of time.

But thank you for your rebuttal. ;)

The Queen and Prince Philip felt they were too old to attend, according to many reports. They also felt that it would stop some of the fun and make it too formal.

I don't believe that Philip would snub Sarah at the expense of his grand-daughter.

Last edited:
Prince Andrew looks striking in that picture with his family. Hope to see more pictures of him!

Very interesting developments ...

I do understand why Her Majesty and Prince Philip do not attend the party. I even accept the fact that Prince of Wales with Duchess Camilla are not going to be there. It is a rather unpleasant surprise that Prince William and Prince Harry are too busy to attend the party of their cousin. No one woudl ask them to stay till the very end, but, in my opinion, they had to make a formal appearance.

Al_bina said:
I do understand why Her Majesty and Prince Philip do not attend the party. I even accept the fact that Prince of Wales with Duchess Camilla are not going to be there. It is a rather unpleasant surprise that Prince William and Prince Harry are too busy to attend the party of their cousin. No one woudl ask them to stay till the very end, but, in my opinion, they had to make a formal appearance.

Even though William and Harry were playing polo, it was a services event and I would think they had to be back at their barracks.:)

Did any of Beatrice's cousins attend like for instance Peter and Zara. I didn't see any pics of them at her party. I did see Zara attend a charity polo match with cousins William and Harry earlier that day. If none of her cousins came to her party that is such a shame.:(

One article reported that Peter and Zara did along with Edward and Sophie and Anne was briefly there. I doubt there will be pictures of them. For William's party there were no picture of any family member released.

Skydragon said:
The Queen and Prince Philip felt they were too old to attend, according to many reports. They also felt that it would stop some of the fun and make it too formal.

I don't believe that Philip would snub Sarah at the expense of his grand-daughter.

Well, they've set a precedence here: can they go to another party of another grandchild after they used the argument of their old age to not attend Beatrice's?

Maybe there was another reason for the queen's decision. I don't buy the anti-Fergie-idea as I think that both the queen and prince Philip have been in public service for too long to let their personal feelings interfere with what they think is right.

But - I wondered a bit about the way fergie tries to launch her daughter into society. First there was the "official" interview with society-mag Tatler, not this "come-out" ball. Maybe the queen felt that giving such a ball the complete Royal stage would show to the people that for her the monarchy does not mean commitment, duty and work for the people but dancing the night away in order to introduce a young girl who has nothing to show yet besides her august birth to the world of parties and privileges.

That would certainly be an image neither the queen nor the POW wants to project. Just an idea, of course.

Thank you very much for the absolutely lovely pictures purple_platinum!

Skydragon said:
WILLIAM AND HARRY SNUB BEATRICE

British royal PRINCESS BEATRICE is dismayed after learning a list of family members will be unable to attend her 18th birthday party tomorrow (15JUL06).

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/william%20and%20harry%20snub%20beatrice_1002528

if you see your family all the time why is it a big deal to miss their birthday party? how can they dislike the duchess of york when she is an excellent mom? that is "all or nothing" thinking - either you're bad or good. if that is the case then princess diana isn't the only one suffering from borderline personality disorder traits.

To miss such an important birthday (her 18th) is quite rude of Prince Charles and The Duchess, as well as Prince's William and Harry. Regardless if you see your family all the time, were is family support in such advents? I dare to think how Prince Charles would have been unpleased if the members of the royal family wouldn't have shown up for Prince William's big bash ( even if he is heir to the throne.)

But than again I don't believe that Prince Harry had a big party, it will be interesting to see if Princess Eugiene has such an elaborate party when she turns eighteen. Maybe these types of parties are for the first born children only?

There have definitely been valid points on why some royals didn't attend but I agree with those who said that the family could have made more of an effort. Heck...Anne was traveling all week and managed to poke her nose in. As for the Queen and Prince Phillip, yes they are old...but they didn't have to stay..they could have been there for the presentation as well. And how huge is Windsor Castle...no need to Answer..I have seen it and its huge...not matter where the party was I am sure they wouldn't have been disturbed.

I am willing to give William and Harry a pass if they had to report for the army...after all William is technically in school. I believe Henry did have a party. Charles IMO is doing what he does best. Thinking of himself. But again, we don't know what the family is doign for Beatrice in private and her birthday is officially next month..but this does reflect poorly on certain individuals IMO.

If Eugenie does have a party most likely it will be for her 21st. Beatrice only had one for her 18th because of the significance of her birthday (08/08/1988). And isn't it common for the social set to have parties when they come of age? Really, not to wish bad on William and Henry, but people should pay attention to Beatrice. If William and Harry truly participate in the army as they wish to, and if something tragically happens to them and they don't have any kids.........she could end up Queen.

must say , dont mean to be nasty , I suppose everyone will disagree with me , but I really think that beatrice is rather odd looking , but I cant put my finger on what is odd about her looks .

more guests' arrival at Princess Beatrice's 18th Birthday party
(from bruno press)

are there any royal (except the british) attended on her party?

But than again I don't believe that Prince Harry had a big party, it will be interesting to see if Princess Eugiene has such an elaborate party when she turns eighteen. Maybe these types of parties are for the first born children only

Harry didn't have a party (I think he just went to a bar with some friends) he just did an interview. Peter and Zara didn't have these type of parties either so far it has just been Beatrice and William. But I would think that Eugiene would get one.

Prince Edward, Lady Sarah, Lady Helen and James Ogilivy all got a big party one year, they are all born in 1964. The Queen Mother (1900)Andrew (60), Anne, (50) Margaret (30) had a few big joint birthday.

It was reported that The Earl and Countess of Wessex, along with Peter and Zara Phillips also attended. However, i think not any pics of them were spotted yet?

Since it was a private party there is very little information coming out, a lot is speculation or people connecting dots (the Queen and Prince Philip were at Sandringham so logically it seems they weren't there)

The only thing to compare this to is Prince William's 21st party, the link is here and you can see the amount of pictures for this party are about the same. Here is the link. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/prince-william-birthday-pics-june-2003-a-467.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom