Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 4: July-August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys i have just seen pictures of prince harry and zara phillips at a polo match on getty images. Quess they definitely wont be attending Beas part tonight

lady_windsor said:
Hey guys i have just seen pictures of prince harry and zara phillips at a polo match on getty images. Quess they definitely wont be attending Beas part tonight

not necessarily. that was in the afternoon, they could still have time to get ready and go. I'm hoping so anyway. I think it would be a shame for them to miss their cousin's 18th birthday party.

I am the party will be great fun, 500 hundred guests, wow.

Saturday July 15, 2006
A guest holds an invite for Princess Beatrice's Victorian-themed 18th biirthday party at Windsor Castle.
The young royal will dance the night away with around 500 guests at the fancy dress masked ball being staged at the castle.

more of the guests :

3 : School friend, Cloe James
4 : Hotel magnate, Rocco Forte

(photos from EMP)

Princess has a ball for her 18th

Princess Beatrice was wearing a blue and gold gown by British couture label Marchesa for her 18th birthday party.
Her mother and sister were wearing outfits by Barbara Matera Ltd, the New York-based theatrical costume designers.
...Royals the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Peter and Zara Phillips as well as veteran broadcaster Sir David Frost were among the guests expected to attend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5184316.stm

fanletizia said:
Princess has a ball for her 18th

Princess Beatrice was wearing a blue and gold gown by British couture label Marchesa for her 18th birthday party.
Her mother and sister were wearing outfits by Barbara Matera Ltd, the New York-based theatrical costume designers.
...Royals the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Peter and Zara Phillips as well as veteran broadcaster Sir David Frost were among the guests expected to attend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5184316.stm

too bad we won't see photos from the party.:(

I doubt Zara Phillips was there as she appeared on a TV sports quiz last night.

we not will see official photos?

Great photos, Purple and Johann. That was quick. I'm sure more will be coming as the day goes on.

thanks for the pics. i hope that there weill be more,...
does anybdoy know how the paty went?

I think they all looked amazing especially Eugenie. I love her outfit

Well since Phillip wouldn't go it figures the Queen wouldn't attend. It seems a shame though if that's the reason Phillip couldn't put his feelings aside for his granddaughter. But hopefully the Queen will celebrate with Beatrice on her actual birthday. :(

Well if it was so important to have the Queen for Bea's «coming of age» party and knowing that Prince Philip woud not attend and therefore neither the Queen then maybe the socialite-wannabe Sarah should have stayed home. She just proved that HER little person is more important to her than her daughter's.

Princess BellyFlop said:
She just proved that HER little person is more important to her than her daughter's.

What do you mean?

Princess BellyFlop said:
Well if it was so important to have the Queen for Bea's «coming of age» party and knowing that Prince Philip woud not attend and therefore neither the Queen then maybe the socialite-wannabe Sarah should have stayed home. She just proved that HER little person is more important to her than her daughter's.

I doubt if any daughter who is close to her mother would chose to have her cantakerous old grandfather at her 18th birthday party and leave her mother at home.

Now I say that as a person who generally likes Prince Philip but expecting the mother of the birthday girl to stay home to spare Prince Philip's feelings is a bit much to ask.

Well, I must admit that I for one am shocked about the missing members of the RF. I was convinced up 'til the end that HM and Prince Philip would attend as would the POW and his family. I guess all those "rumours" were true. I really can't understand how Prince Philip couldn't overlook Fergie on this occasion. I mean, with 500 there, he really wouldn't have had to have socialized with her. And that HM went along and avoided the party is just too strange. I can see the POW and Camilla maybe avoiding it (though as Beatrice's uncle, you'd think he'd have at least gone for the dinner). But Wm and Harry???? What's with that? Even as someone pointed out, they were photographed at a polo match with their respective girlfriends that afternoon. Why couldn't they have gone to the party (again, at least for the dinner) that evening? I don't get it. And I thought my family was weird.

What else is new? Prince Philip is an old, dried-up, useless prune, whose ego would not allow himself to go to this party for not wanting to be in the same room as the Duchess of York. The past is the past, 14 years now....GET OVER IT!!!! She has proved herself with the saying "With age comes wisdom." I commend her and Prince Andrew on the way they have raised their daughters...unlike a certain Prince of Wales who should have paid closer attention to his sons after Diana died instead of going right back to his self-absorbed self.

Memo to Queen: This is 2006, tell your husband to shut-up, act like a REAL man, get in the car and go to his granddaughter's birthday.

Pity William and Harry care more for their hormones and their common girlfriends than their first cousin's 18th birthday.

I tend to agree with most the comments (IF true...Phillip should get over his issues with Sarah as she is Beatrice's Mum, I don't understand why her cousins couldn't attend, Uncle Charles..she came to your wedding you can't come to her birthday party) and while this is (was) an important occassion its not the actual day..so hopefully they will do something in a family way on the 8th.

I disagree with the comment that Sarah should have stayed home....its her KID...everyone should have been adult enough to get over their issues to celebrate Beatrice's Coming of Age.

The most important person on this day was Beatrice, and her family should have behaved like caring, mature adults and risen above their own feelings about Sarah for Beatrice's sake.

If Philip's intransigence stopped the Queen from going, I am disappointed in her; if she really wanted to go she should have gone by herself and left the grumpy old man at home on his own. She didn't have to stay long. Since she seems to have insisted the party be held at her home, I think it's very strange that she didn't put in an appearance. Of course if she didn't want to go for some reason (other than that Sarah would be there - which is not a legitimate excuse, IMO) different thing. I have no idea why Charles & Camilla weren't there. They might deserve a rap on the knuckles too, but I don't think their absence matters as much. I am, however, very surprised the boys didn't make the effort because we all know they certainly like partying! Not that it's really any of my business, but I would like an explanation as to why they weren't there. Zara was at the same polo match they were at and she managed to get there.

The girls looked lovely, as did Sarah. I hope Beatrice had a thoroughly enjoyable night and has many wonderful memories of the occasion.

Lady Marmalade said:
Memo to Queen: This is 2006, tell your husband to shut-up, act like a REAL man, get in the car and go to his granddaughter's birthday.

Pity William and Harry care more for their hormones and their common girlfriends than their first cousin's 18th birthday.

HaHa!!!!! This is great! I couldn't have said it better myself.

As has been said, this was NOT her birthday- it was her birthday party. I know that's what you guys meant, but I don't think everyone's keeping it in mind. Yes, this party was big- but I think if Beatrice REALLY wanted them there, they would have gone. And looking in saying, 'This was a great big party with so many people' does not mean it was her family party (which we know it wasn't). For my next big birthday, if I have a big 'gala' that I start planning over half a year in advance (which is a possibility), I can tell you that I won't care if my cousins or grandparents come, and we just don't know enough to say, 'Well, Beatrice does!' I also think people are turning this into a Fergie vs Philip thing for no reason. We do not know why he didn't go. Just because Fergie was there, that does not mean it is the reason.

Also, which papers said the Queen insisted it would be held at Windsor? I have seen it written that she offered to have it there (although I don't have the sources pulled up at the moment) and am curious to see which papers are saying she 'insisted' so. (Also, keep in mind, the size and the security as well as logistics may have been what put it at Windsor. I think people are reading way, way more into this than can be reasonably proven.)

Edited to add: I am not saying that I think my opinions are necessarily correct or what is being said is necessarily incorrect; just that there is not enough to base it on (because this type of event in Beatrice's life is unprecedented I don't count family relations at base events as proof).

Last edited:
Some news report said the Queen made a "last minute" decision because she didn't think she'd enjoy a night with teenagers or some such nonsense.

I think there's more to it than that. Why can't families be more cohesive? It was a cool costume party for goodness sakes!

Why couldn't HM show up behind a mask and not have herself announced at all???

Apart from the fact that the Queen herself might not enjoy a ball, full of teenagers, it may also be that she didn't want to spoil it for Beatrice. Can you imagine having fun when THE QUEEN is right there? And she would surely be recognized, even behind a mask.
I am sure Her Majesty has congratulated Beatrice and wished her a very Happy Birthday and told her how much she loves her, but was it neccessar to do all this at the party? It could be a phone call or a private visit. And, it was not exactly Bea's birthday, it was a party, so why should the 8o years old woman be present there?
As for the whole Philip-Sarah thing, personally I don't believe in it. It's just too far-fetched. However Philip or the Queen disliked Sarah, they would be present at the party, if Bea really wanted or needed that.

Heidi Lynn Yates said:
eugenie looks so cute both the girls did.

I agree, Heidi. Both girls looked great. I hope we get to see more photos of them.

I agree with you Heidi Lynn Yates, they are really beautiful. They've grown up so much.
Anyway, thank you For picture johann! I believe, we will see more pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom