Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015

You can get Canada Dry in the States plus Molson, Labatts, Canadian Club. All sorts of Canadian beverages ?

So I guess we can stop speculating

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

You can get Canada Dry in the States plus Molson, Labatts, Canadian Club. All sorts of Canadian beverages ?

So I guess we can stop speculating

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I seriously was going to say we could speculate till the cows come home but those cows are starting to lose their appeal for me as I never get to find out where they went. I think the Canada Dry thing is more of a tongue in cheek that its something that will never happen. The US depleting all the water in Canada kinda thing.

I think we should just accept what Bea and Dave's relationship seems like at face value as the real, behind the scenes stuff isn't something we'll ever be given access to and if we did, there is something seriously wrong with that picture (flashback to the 80s and 90s). I know for sure I wouldn't want anyone speculating on my relationship with my other half purely because of what we looked like coming out of the grocery store last week.

BTW: thanks for mentioning Molson's. Some of the best beer I've ever had and now I want a cold Molson's Golden Ale. Second only to the best beer ever. Guinness.

Princess Beatrice to speak at Oman’s Open Minds conference

Princess Beatrice to speak at Oman’s Open Minds conference on day two. February 10th and 11th, 2016. Read more here

She has been at that new job for months now,I think she may have started during July or sometime during the summer, the press is just recycling old information for a slow news day like this one I suppose. The DM is a little misleading she took holidays after she left sony which was around december 2014, by late january she already was job hunting. Leave it to the DM to not be consistent with their own stories.

On that note I'm surprised that the DM did not delete my comment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
She has been at that new job for months now,I think she may have started during July or sometime during the summer, the press is just recycling old information for a slow news day like this one I suppose. The DM is a little misleading she took holidays after she left sony which was around december 2014, by late january she already was job hunting. Leave it to the DM to not be consistent with their own stories.

On that note I'm surprised that the DM did not delete my comment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How do you know she's been working there since July?

Are you saying that she hasn't been on all the holidays she's been pictured on?

No one is saying she hasn't been on vacations, that doesn't mean she doesn't have a job and hasn't been working. I recall seeing her pictured at events for the job. But 'The working princess' doesn't get as much attention as the 'holidaying princess'.

No one is saying she hasn't been on vacations, that doesn't mean she doesn't have a job and hasn't been working. I recall seeing her pictured at events for the job. But 'The working princess' doesn't get as much attention as the 'holidaying princess'.

I'd love to know about this secret job. How long has she been working? I would think that if she had been working all this time it would have been made public before now because it would have helped her image no end. After all we know details of Eugenie's job don't we?

Its very possible that wherever Beatrice is working does not want the publicity of having a princess working for them with the media all over them and trying to "catch" Bea doing whatever it is she's doing. If she's working in the private sector as a private citizen, the public has absolutely no right to infringe on that.

That's my take on it anyhow.

True if she is working for a fashion firm, that would explain the NY fashion week and the luxury conference in italy. Leave it to the press to leave that out of the equation. Also there have been people who have bumped into bea in the working sector don't know how much truth is in those tweets, but worth a mention. I guess if you wanted proof she works; NY fashion week may be a good start. Though I don't know for certain. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, she has been in NY since the summer that we know for certain because of the lean in dinner. I'm just going on what the DM has said and what we know for certain

I would think there is secrecy is due to the sony fiasco. They might have not been after her but she may be a little cautious now or could be the press just gets shots of her working and not bothering publish that bit of info like the NY fashion week.

I would like to point out a good portion of her 'holidays" is during the weekend...

Last edited:
We were told by the DM last summer that she had moved to NYC to start her new job there. The new details we have now been given is that it is with a fashion set-up. As Duchesschicana said 'if it is with a fashion house then the 'holidays' to fashion shows would in fact be 'working' holidays - and many of us have those e.g. my brother has spent three months away from home working in the UK on Kangaroo tours (with the Australian Rugby League team). He didn't spend every waking minute with the team nor did they spend every waking minute training or playing. They had 'down time' to visit the sites etc but they were there, not for a holiday as such but to work and in between working they went and did some touristy stuff. It sounds like Bea is doing the same thing - working but also having some down time during the working period which appears to be holidaying and the DM and the rest of the press love to put down the Yorks - it sells nasty, waste of space York's versus hard-working charismatic Wales' boys - the old Diana versus Fergie but through their children as well.

I'd love to know about this secret job. How long has she been working? I would think that if she had been working all this time it would have been made public before now because it would have helped her image no end. After all we know details of Eugenie's job don't we?

Exactly.

I don't believe that Beatrice has a job in NYC, or anyplace else.
At least a few of the NYC newspapers would have a photo of her on the street or something, just as they did for Eugenie.

If there's been nothing, it's because there's nothing to photograph.

:previous: Or perhaps its because they dont' know where she works yet. They knew were Eugenie worked so it was easy to catch her comings and goings. It wouldn't even surprise me if they followed Eugenie her home, so that was why they were able to get the candid downtown shots of her eating pizza and doing random things.

Beatrice isn't in Big Brother, so we don't know what she does 24/7.

I really wish everyone would just leave them alone! This is nothing more than harassment on the part of a few who want to stir up trouble. Does anyone ever ask -- relentlessly -- whether or not other royals/wealthy people work? No! Their are other royals/nobles with no obvious jobs ... JMHO!

Beatrice is working somewhere, but it's being kept private. The young royals are pretty work driven.

Sorry if this has upset you Sustav but Beatrice enjoys lots of perks because of her birth so she should be accountable. She's high up in the succession to the throne and because of this she could use her position to bring focus to any number of worthy causes and help others. There's so much suffering in this world and she's in a position where she could make a real difference.

She could also holiday with discretion but she doesn't so that says it all, she doesn't care. She'd be aware of the bad press so you would think that perhaps she would curtail her pursuit of pleasure for a short time at least.

And again I repeat that if she was working it would be known because she's a PR disaster for the BRF.

Sorry if this has upset you Sustav but Beatrice enjoys lots of perks because of her birth so she should be accountable. She's high up in the succession to the throne and because of this she could use her position to bring focus to any number of worthy causes and help others. There's so much suffering in this world and she's in a position where she could make a real difference.

She could also holiday with discretion but she doesn't so that says it all, she doesn't care. She'd be aware of the bad press so you would think that perhaps she would curtail her pursuit of pleasure for a short time at least.

And again I repeat that if she was working it would be known because she's a PR disaster for the BRF.

Its my understanding that Beatrice does support her own personal charities and patronages and does what she can to bring focus to them.

She is not a working member of the BRF's "Firm" and although she does hold the style of Princess Beatrice of York, she's pretty much a private citizen and lives her life accordingly as any private citizen would. None of the PR people that are connected to the BRF's "Firm" handle Beatrice or Eugenie whatsoever. No taxpayer's money are floating them and even their personal security is paid for by their father.

There is no reason whatsoever that the public needs to be aware of each and every movement she makes in her life. She could move to Hawaii and teach belly dancing if that is what she chose to do or open an automotive repair shop on the frozen tundra up in Alaska. All I know is that if I was in my 20s and well heeled and could do what Beatrice does, I'd be gone yesterday.

To put it bluntly, neither of the York girls "owes" the public anything. I think the only person that could make a legitimate complaint about any of their activities would be their grandmother and I've yet to hear a peep from that corner.

Its my understanding that Beatrice does support her own personal charities and patronages and does what she can to bring focus to them.

She is not a working member of the BRF's "Firm" and although she does hold the style of Princess Beatrice of York, she's pretty much a private citizen and lives her life accordingly as any private citizen would. None of the PR people that are connected to the BRF's "Firm" handle Beatrice or Eugenie whatsoever. No taxpayer's money are floating them and even their personal security is paid for by their father.

There is no reason whatsoever that the public needs to be aware of each and every movement she makes in her life. She could move to Hawaii and teach belly dancing if that is what she chose to do or open an automotive repair shop on the frozen tundra up in Alaska. All I know is that if I was in my 20s and well heeled and could do what Beatrice does, I'd be gone yesterday.

To put it bluntly, neither of the York girls "owes" the public anything. I think the only person that could make a legitimate complaint about any of their activities would be their grandmother and I've yet to hear a peep from that corner.

Exactly! Thank you.

This is a very cute video clip. Sounds like a wonderful organization!

It seems fitting Bea is involved with SKFF. Its based out of the RHSC in Edinburgh, a hospital that was started by Bea's name sake, Princess Beatrice of Battenberg. She was appointed royal patron of the charity in 2013 and has been seen at numerous events for it since.

She is also the royal patron for the Helen Arkell Dyslexia center, also appointed in 2013. She is also ambassador for Children in Crisis since 2007, a charity her mother founded, one of 2 charities she donated money to with the sale of her ovaries wedding hat.

Princess Beatrice works at Sandbridge Capita

Apparently now we know where she works for David Fife, of Sandbridge Capital
Cherie Blair's quietly getting filthy rich too writes SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE | Daily Mail Online

Leave it to the press to give info little by little.

ABOUT SANDBRIDGE CAPITAL

Sandbridge Capital is an investment firm that makes growth-equity investments in middle market consumer brands.The firm serves as the general partner of Sandbridge Consumer Fund I, L.P. (the “Fund”).

Sandbridge sits at the center of a myriad of iconic brands, their founders and respective family offices. We are trusted advisors and investors to a range of leading entrepreneurs, designers and consumer retail executives. Our specialized industry concentration allows us to best utilize our core operational expertise and leverage our industry relationships to help build great brands.

We invest across consumer focused verticals including retail, apparel and accessory brands, health beauty and wellness, consumer durables/products, food and beverage.

I guess those tweets were true when she was spotted at trump tower back in july as thats where one of the firms is located.

bleh theres a lil mistake on the title

.Interesteningly enough I found this link https://www.linkedin.com/in/bea-york-b49433a3

of course anybody could have made that, but it says she has been working there for the past 8 months

oI see other 'royals' on there and obviously somebody that's not related to them or is not them made their profiles but it looks consistent .

Last edited:
" I guess the Princess could help open doors for him." (David Fife) That last sentence, even if it's only partly true, sums up the difficulties any member of the BRF has when working in private business anywhere in the English-speaking world.

:previous: this is possibly true

Some (one?) of the british media have a problem with royals working o/s the royal family but equally have a problem with lots of royals working inside the royal family as in

* too many royals
* they should get a real job
* they shouldn't take work from REAL working people
* we should have to pay for that lot (even though they don't)
* they should be helping the Queen
* etc etc etc

That's why paying any attention to the Daily Mail is a waste of time. No serious paper even comments on non-working royals - in fact they barely mention working royals. Daily Mail does not represent the general view.

But seriously, the media (and the public) will need to adjust as more royals work outside of the family than work within it.

IT may be that some employers will think that "doors might open" but as long as the royals don't oblige, then it will be ok.

Princess Beatrice Has Joined The panel Of Judges For Oscar’s Book Prize

Princess Beatrice Has Joined The panel Of Judges For Oscar’s Book Prize
Princess Beatrice said she was delighted to become a judge for the Evening Standard’s children’s book awards. The royal joins the panel for Oscar’s Book Prize, set up in memory of Oscar Ashton, the son of Evening Standard columnist James Ashton. He died in 2012 at the age of three from an undetected heart condition.

The £5,000 award, for the best first book published in 2015 for children aged five or under, pays tribute to Oscar’s love of stories.Princess Beatrice, pictured, said today: “I’m really excited to be involved as a judge for Oscar’s Book Prize. I’ve always loved picture books, so I’m looking forward to having a chance to review all the brilliant entries.”

The princess was diagnosed with dyslexia when she was younger, but overcame her reading difficulties after discovering the Harry Potter books. She joined our Get London Reading campaign in 2013. More Here
Oscar’s Book Prize 2016: Princess Beatrice to judge our children’s book prize | London | News | London Evening Standard

Of course it is - it is news because it shows that Beatrice:

a) doesn't have a job in NYC (how can she if she is in London?)
b) spends taxpayers money on luxuries (she, of course doesn't get any taxpayer money and her father only gets his official expenses reimbursed and then the Queen reimburses the government from the Duchy of Lancaster for those anyway - but as the Duchy money comes from taxpayers as she is a landlord then Beatrice is supported by the taxpayers - I wonder - do the British people demand that all public servants reveal all their expenditure as public servants are also paid from taxpayers' money?)
c) she, and her entire family, are out of touch with the suffering of many British people because that money could have feed/housed/educated/paid for - people who are without anything etc etc etc
d) she is a York and therefore good for nothing, a total waste of space etc etc

In case anyone thinks the above is a serious statement - it isn't - but it is why rags like the DM make a point of things like this - to bring down the House of Windsor.

Others may think of other reasons why this is news.

Is this news???

The Daily Mail seems to think so. What the article tells me is that Sarah Barns needs a someone to check her spelling and grammar. It is cornflower blue, not cornflour, and Beatrice is Andrew's elder daughter, not eldest...unless he has another one that we don't know about. ETA And that shirt's not cornflower blue anyway.

Last edited:
Is she on her way to work?
I thought the job was in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom