Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many many people have severe learning difficulties and can work and even excel in normal jobs. But I guess if you absolutely no incentives and need for money like Beatrice it makes the struggle pointless.

Like some have said here i don't think there's a wining situation she'll be criticized no matter what she does wether she has a job or not and for all we know she could have a job wouldn't doubt the press having hid that, so they can make her seem more work shy . As they seem to like withholding stuff until it suits them,just an opinion my understanding is and I'm only going on tabloid talk is that bea was working at Cabot Square Capital, again until her NY job kicked in , I don't know how true that is though.

Last edited:
I've got a question. Do we even know that either Beatrice or Eugenie have any desire to be a working member of the "Firm"?

From what I've been reading here, its been made to look like they got the shaft when keeping them off royal duties representing the Queen and I do know that Andrew wants his girls to be treated like full blown royal princesses of the blood but have we heard anywhere how the girls feel about it?

^ Exactly as far as I know we don't know how the girls feel about the possibility of being a working royal, or if they even want to become a working royal. We know what the tabloids tell us and they aren't alway accurate. We know how they feel about charities, but not of that. like i said there's a good chance that Bea may enjoy her ''civilian'' life, she isn't a working royal, so she can have her life , her charity/hospice work, her support for education and occasional duty. and of course there are lots of times she is at family events unofficially, etc.

Last edited:
Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015

According to the journalist Phil Dampier, Prince Andrew vetoed plans by courtiers to have Princess Beatrice join him on his official trip to Singapore. Though he states no sources and I don't really know how reliable he is. https://twitter.com/phildampier/status/630989848103505920

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Given the fact that Andrew has, in the past, stated that he would like the girls to assist him in his work I am not sure how accurate this is. Has Andrew really changed his mind or had it changed for him? It would be good if true that someone is taking notice of the bad PR Beatrice is getting with her regular holidays however.

She's joined him on a couple of trips before.

DM make your mind on who's the bad guy on not letting bea do official events is it PC or the DOY? it can't be both and i doubt this is true as she went with him officially before like last year to Dubai or something like that to open a school, this is why Ill never believe bea has a job in NY until we have evidence

Last edited:
She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Which is why I wish they'd make things clear. If she's to have no role, she should give up her title when she marries and the press will leave her alone. Maybe not at first but eventually they would. Otherwise, this will just roll on and on. Let's face facts, Andrew hasn't exactly endeared himself to the press or to the public and that makes it easy for people to believe the worst about Beatrice and Eugenie.

I do think that when [and if] they marry, the York Princesses should henceforth be titled as the daughters of a non-Royal Duke... ie Lady Beatrice Clark [if she marries as expected].

Then they would be free of the tiresome demands currently made of them, by the Press.

I doubt it would matter to the public if they gave up their titles, they'd still be royals from the british royal family, they'd still be bashed and why should they have to anyways

Why should she give up her title, just because some people do not like her parents?

I think she and Dave have decided to move to New York for a few years.

Her trips to New York were probably for job interviews, although the DM caulks them up as vacations.

She may work for a global firm with offices in London, New York and Switzerland.

Let's say it's true that and PA vetoed the idea of bea going to an event with him, which i doubt, it was a bad move on his part, least she would have been seen representing the british monarchy. Just seen the original tweet phildampier seems to be in nothing but gossip about royals and celebs, so I doubt he's creditable.

Last edited:
Why should she give up her title, just because some people do not like her parents?

I think she and Dave have decided to move to New York for a few years.

Her trips to New York were probably for job interviews, although the DM caulks them up as vacations.

She may work for a global firm with offices in London, New York and Switzerland.

I don't think it's anything to do with Andrew and Sarah's popularity (or lack of it - and let's make no mistake here, they aren't popular in general in the UK), I think it's more making the distinction that they're members of the Royal Family but not working members of the Royal Family if that makes sense. And look at Zara Phillips who has never had a title. The press leave her alone because she hasn't got the baggage of the HRH. Beatrice has and sadly, her trips to New York might well have been for job interviews but most Britons are struggling. To see Princess Beatrice swanning around on a yacht with Oprah with no proof that she's earning her keep....it's not very PR savvy and someone at the Palace needs to make it clear that something needs to be done once and for all about the future of the York girls. Even Princess Michael carries out more engagements than they do, albeit not official ones. It doesn't look good.

There is a huge difference between dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculus and dysgraphia which are all specific learning disabilities and downs syndrome etc which are learning disabilities. I have specific learning disabilities and have gotten several degrees and worked for twenty odd years with no reasonable adjustments despite legislation that demands it should be in place in UK workplaces dependent on the size of the company/organization. Prince Harry is also dyslexic as is James Middleton.

From what i seen when concerning bea and her dyslexia and how she deals with it, like when she does speeches for instance . She does't read from pre written speeches. It seems like she kind of just has points memorized and says things. I have learning disability as well, but I don't think Bea uses her dyslexia as an excuse as to why doesn't work. I just think she's used to a certain lifestyle, and she'll live a certain type of lifestyle no matter the criticism. To be frank i think she may be used to the criticism/bashing, even as a young girl people and press loved to bash her , she may just ignore it and goes on with her life unless it's someone from her family telling her this and that, I highly doubt she pays attention to what others say .

Last edited:
Beatrice's only 'crime' is she is the daughter of Andrew and Sarah.

She still young, she is just a little girl. She had an unhappy childhood. She witness the breakup of her parents' marriage when she was just a baby. She had a difficult childhood.

She accomplished so much even with her unhappy childhood and her dyslexia.

Just curious....

Did she really have an unhappy childhood? Seems like she lead a pretty privileged life. She was raised in an untraditional family situation, but that doesn't mean she wasn't loved or had opportunities.

I think that she would have had a difficult childhood. She must have missed her father when he was away at sea or during the week, and then her parents (according to Sarah) would argue before he went back to work. Her parents' marriage breakup would have been hard on her while it was going on. After they divorced, things seemed to improve between them. I have no doubt though that her very early childhood would have affected her. Things that happen when we're very young always have a great effect on us, although we might not realize it until much later.

@mermaid1962 True, I never thought of it that way. While she does have a privileged life, it wouldn't automatically equal happiness, lots of wealthily people are unhappy(not all) trying to feel a void through their money. Not saying she's not happy now, but as a child it must have somewhat difficult life, not necessarily an unhappy one. Diana had a privileged life, but it didn't exempt her from difficulties and some unhappiness. Same with all the royals and wealthy people, difficulties and happiness is not only for the poor or middle class, commoners. This forum conversation are getting interesting.

Last edited:
Let's say it's true that and PA vetoed the idea of bea going to an event with him, which i doubt, it was a bad move on his part, least she would have been seen representing the british monarchy. Just seen the original tweet phildampier seems to be in nothing but gossip about royals and celebs, so I doubt he's creditable.

If true, I don't think it was a bad idea. The point being that it just gives the chattering classes yet another opportunity to point fingers and call it a free trip or vacation .... of course funded by the UK tax payers.:flowers:

Beatrice's only 'crime' is she is the daughter of Andrew and Sarah.
If she was the daughter of Saint Diana, the excuses would be flowing.

She still young, she is just a little girl. She had an unhappy childhood. She witness the breakup of her parents' marriage when she was just a baby. She had a difficult childhood.

She accomplished so much even with her unhappy childhood and her dyslexia.

Princess Beatrice suffered tremendously throughout her young life.
She was just a babe when her grandmother was decapitated.

Princess Beatrice had to endure the rumors that surrounded her parents' marriage and her grandfather's personal life.

She bravely withstood the onslaught against her parents while dealing with all the tragedies she encountered in her short life.

She lost both maternal grandparents through the most tragic of events. She was only eight when her grandfather was diagnosed with prostate cancer and just two years later she lost her grandmother in a horrific accident.

Throughout her young tragic life, she has maintained a devoted commitment to her charity work through the strong influence of her mother.

She was visiting AIDs patients in Russia and U.K. when she was just fourteen.

She ran a marathon in support of her charity.

The Princess was never work shy, she worked as a sales associate in a department store while attending university.

She was a diligent student who balanced her charity work and education. She was an example of a focused young woman who accomplished so much in her young life.

If everyone whose parents spilt up didn't work because of that wouldn't be many people in the work force

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Interesting note on Bea's latest Yacht vacation: This particular vacation is courtesy of Abramovich's wife (Dasha) who is one of B's friends and is present on the holiday (she's not identified in the photos yet she is walking right next to B.)

Don't know how true that comment was.

Although, judging from past they do seem to run into eachother at events (vacations) and have the same circle of friends. There pics from awhile ago where Dave and Bea is seen talking to Dasha Abramovich, so they do seem on friendly terms.

Beatrice went to boarding school pretty young so andrew being at sea wouldn't have affected her that much nor her parents arguing they had plenty of time to do that without the children around. There are thousands and thousands of kids who have a parent in the armed forces but they somehow manage to get a career. Beatrice wasn't beaten, abused, abandoned etc she like just about everyone else these days parents split up and when you consider they continued to live with Andrew it was way easier on her then it would be for the normal child of divorce. She is also not some young kid she is a 27 year old woman, The Queen her grandmother was the Queen and was raising a young family at her age. Beatrice can't seem to work more then 12 months then have months and months of holidays or "job searching" this isn't the first time she has done this she rarely has a job over the Summer and if she does she somehow managed to get time off. She needs to be seen doing something her life is is pretty easy she doesn't pay rent etc what about doing charity work? I don't mean running in a race once or selling a hat I mean something day in day out for awhile. Might be good to see her doing something off her own bat besides go on holiday.

Beatrice went to boarding school pretty young so andrew being at sea wouldn't have affected her that much nor her parents arguing they had plenty of time to do that without the children around. There are thousands and thousands of kids who have a parent in the armed forces but they somehow manage to get a career. Beatrice wasn't beaten, abused, abandoned etc she like just about everyone else these days parents split up and when you consider they continued to live with Andrew it was way easier on her then it would be for the normal child of divorce. She is also not some young kid she is a 27 year old woman, The Queen her grandmother was the Queen and was raising a young family at her age. Beatrice can't seem to work more then 12 months then have months and months of holidays or "job searching" this isn't the first time she has done this she rarely has a job over the Summer and if she does she somehow managed to get time off. She needs to be seen doing something her life is is pretty easy she doesn't pay rent etc what about doing charity work? I don't mean running in a race once or selling a hat I mean something day in day out for awhile. Might be good to see her doing something off her own bat besides go on holiday.

Beatrice does quite a bit for charity and has quite a few patronages of her own but the sad thing about that is that the media finds it much more profitable to present the "holidaying" image of a 27 year old princess.

Negative sells.

Beatrice does quite a bit for charity and has quite a few patronages of her own but the sad thing about that is that the media finds it much more profitable to present the "holidaying" image of a 27 year old princess.

Negative sells.

According to the Duke of York's website, Beatrice has 9 patronages plus has her own charity. That's pretty much what Kate has.

^The DOY site and the British Monarchy site for that matter, is not up to date, they are missing one or two patronages. In 2013 she was patron For The Fashion For The Brave (Don't know if it was a one time thing.) and recently she became patron of English National Ballet School

Last edited:
Not wanting to sound as if I am bashing Beatrice however, she is in a way following in the footsteps of her parents. By that I mean both Andrew and especially Sarah (in her premarital days) befriended many very wealthy people and thereby benefited from the trips, made available to them. In the past, before the internet and other forms of media this was not especially known but we know that many (wealthy) people enjoy being in the proximity of royalty. For instance, has anyone seen any pictures of Beatrice or Sarah in the company of the Eccelestone's and yet they were there at the wedding being happily papped for all the world to see. These "friendships" are no longer restricted to private balls and country house weekends as in the past. It goes both ways, the royals (Yorks) get the perks and the wealthy people get to rub elbows with royalty. Now the world sees this and they are not happy, previously they didn't have a clue.

Just a note about Beatrice and school.

Her first school - Upton House School wasn't a boarding school. She was there from about 1991/2 - 1995 (so she was at a day school when her parents' marriage was breaking down and they were separating, which they did in 1992. This school takes students from around 2/3 to 7 years of age.

Her second school - Cowoth Park appears to have been a boarding school. She was there from 1995 - 2000. This school takes students from around 6/7 to 11 years old.

From 2000 she was at St George's at Ascot as a day student. This is where she went for her High School education. I believe this is also where Louise is going to school.

Unlike her sibling and cousins she didn't spend all that long at boarding school and it was around the time of the divorce and rebuilding their lives after that rather than the breakdown years of the marriage when she was at home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom