The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Aristocracy

@mermaid1962 True, I never thought of it that way. While she does have a privileged life, it wouldn't automatically equal happiness, lots of wealthily people are unhappy(not all) trying to feel a void through their money. Not saying she's not happy now, but as a child it must have somewhat difficult life, not necessarily an unhappy one. Diana had a privileged life, but it didn't exempt her from difficulties and some unhappiness. Same with all the royals and wealthy people, difficulties and happiness is not only for the poor or middle class, commoners. This forum conversation are getting interesting.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
Let's say it's true that and PA vetoed the idea of bea going to an event with him, which i doubt, it was a bad move on his part, least she would have been seen representing the british monarchy. Just seen the original tweet phildampier seems to be in nothing but gossip about royals and celebs, so I doubt he's creditable.
If true, I don't think it was a bad idea. The point being that it just gives the chattering classes yet another opportunity to point fingers and call it a free trip or vacation .... of course funded by the UK tax payers.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

^Yes, no winning for the Yorks
Old 08-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Beatrice's only 'crime' is she is the daughter of Andrew and Sarah.
If she was the daughter of Saint Diana, the excuses would be flowing.

She still young, she is just a little girl. She had an unhappy childhood. She witness the breakup of her parents' marriage when she was just a baby. She had a difficult childhood.

She accomplished so much even with her unhappy childhood and her dyslexia.

Princess Beatrice suffered tremendously throughout her young life.
She was just a babe when her grandmother was decapitated.

Princess Beatrice had to endure the rumors that surrounded her parents' marriage and her grandfather's personal life.

She bravely withstood the onslaught against her parents while dealing with all the tragedies she encountered in her short life.

She lost both maternal grandparents through the most tragic of events. She was only eight when her grandfather was diagnosed with prostate cancer and just two years later she lost her grandmother in a horrific accident.

Throughout her young tragic life, she has maintained a devoted commitment to her charity work through the strong influence of her mother.

She was visiting AIDs patients in Russia and U.K. when she was just fourteen.

She ran a marathon in support of her charity.

The Princess was never work shy, she worked as a sales associate in a department store while attending university.

She was a diligent student who balanced her charity work and education. She was an example of a focused young woman who accomplished so much in her young life.

If everyone whose parents spilt up didn't work because of that wouldn't be many people in the work force

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-14-2015, 07:00 AM
Aristocracy

Interesting note on Bea's latest Yacht vacation: This particular vacation is courtesy of Abramovich's wife (Dasha) who is one of B's friends and is present on the holiday (she's not identified in the photos yet she is walking right next to B.)

Don't know how true that comment was.

Although, judging from past they do seem to run into eachother at events (vacations) and have the same circle of friends. There pics from awhile ago where Dave and Bea is seen talking to Dasha Abramovich, so they do seem on friendly terms.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Courtier

Beatrice went to boarding school pretty young so andrew being at sea wouldn't have affected her that much nor her parents arguing they had plenty of time to do that without the children around. There are thousands and thousands of kids who have a parent in the armed forces but they somehow manage to get a career. Beatrice wasn't beaten, abused, abandoned etc she like just about everyone else these days parents split up and when you consider they continued to live with Andrew it was way easier on her then it would be for the normal child of divorce. She is also not some young kid she is a 27 year old woman, The Queen her grandmother was the Queen and was raising a young family at her age. Beatrice can't seem to work more then 12 months then have months and months of holidays or "job searching" this isn't the first time she has done this she rarely has a job over the Summer and if she does she somehow managed to get time off. She needs to be seen doing something her life is is pretty easy she doesn't pay rent etc what about doing charity work? I don't mean running in a race once or selling a hat I mean something day in day out for awhile. Might be good to see her doing something off her own bat besides go on holiday.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:17 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
Beatrice went to boarding school pretty young so andrew being at sea wouldn't have affected her that much nor her parents arguing they had plenty of time to do that without the children around. There are thousands and thousands of kids who have a parent in the armed forces but they somehow manage to get a career. Beatrice wasn't beaten, abused, abandoned etc she like just about everyone else these days parents split up and when you consider they continued to live with Andrew it was way easier on her then it would be for the normal child of divorce. She is also not some young kid she is a 27 year old woman, The Queen her grandmother was the Queen and was raising a young family at her age. Beatrice can't seem to work more then 12 months then have months and months of holidays or "job searching" this isn't the first time she has done this she rarely has a job over the Summer and if she does she somehow managed to get time off. She needs to be seen doing something her life is is pretty easy she doesn't pay rent etc what about doing charity work? I don't mean running in a race once or selling a hat I mean something day in day out for awhile. Might be good to see her doing something off her own bat besides go on holiday.
Beatrice does quite a bit for charity and has quite a few patronages of her own but the sad thing about that is that the media finds it much more profitable to present the "holidaying" image of a 27 year old princess.

Negative sells.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Beatrice does quite a bit for charity and has quite a few patronages of her own but the sad thing about that is that the media finds it much more profitable to present the "holidaying" image of a 27 year old princess.

Negative sells.
According to the Duke of York's website, Beatrice has 9 patronages plus has her own charity. That's pretty much what Kate has.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:24 PM
Aristocracy

^The DOY site and the British Monarchy site for that matter, is not up to date, they are missing one or two patronages. In 2013 she was patron For The Fashion For The Brave (Don't know if it was a one time thing.) and recently she became patron of English National Ballet School
Old 08-14-2015, 06:43 PM
Serene Highness

Not wanting to sound as if I am bashing Beatrice however, she is in a way following in the footsteps of her parents. By that I mean both Andrew and especially Sarah (in her premarital days) befriended many very wealthy people and thereby benefited from the trips, made available to them. In the past, before the internet and other forms of media this was not especially known but we know that many (wealthy) people enjoy being in the proximity of royalty. For instance, has anyone seen any pictures of Beatrice or Sarah in the company of the Eccelestone's and yet they were there at the wedding being happily papped for all the world to see. These "friendships" are no longer restricted to private balls and country house weekends as in the past. It goes both ways, the royals (Yorks) get the perks and the wealthy people get to rub elbows with royalty. Now the world sees this and they are not happy, previously they didn't have a clue.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Just a note about Beatrice and school.

Her first school - Upton House School wasn't a boarding school. She was there from about 1991/2 - 1995 (so she was at a day school when her parents' marriage was breaking down and they were separating, which they did in 1992. This school takes students from around 2/3 to 7 years of age.

Her second school - Cowoth Park appears to have been a boarding school. She was there from 1995 - 2000. This school takes students from around 6/7 to 11 years old.

From 2000 she was at St George's at Ascot as a day student. This is where she went for her High School education. I believe this is also where Louise is going to school.

Unlike her sibling and cousins she didn't spend all that long at boarding school and it was around the time of the divorce and rebuilding their lives after that rather than the breakdown years of the marriage when she was at home.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Leave her be. She is a very wealthy young lady, leading the life she knows. Charity patronages are not jobs. No one in her family works for a living. Why do you expect that she would? It is that in this time and place, many think this is anachronistic. And it is, but it is.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Leave her be. She is a very wealthy young lady, leading the life she knows. Charity patronages are not jobs. No one in her family works for a living. Why do you expect that she would?

This may be true, but as others have pointed out, it is a question of PR. Privilege means responsibility; you must give back, or risk being viewed as a parasite.

Also, Beatrice need not actually have a 9-5 job, but the public expects her to do something, anything, rather than just laze about on a yacht or ski down a mountain.

She may have the same number of patronages that Kate has, but Kate has two young children; that makes a difference. Beatrice appears to do very little.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Her sister Eugenie doesn't seem to have the same perception problem that Bea has. She also works a job.

I wonder how every time Bea and Dave take a holiday it's pictured. I can't image that Bea is hunted like George is by the paparazzi so if they want to hang out in the sun- be more discreet, stay in a rental or a resort somewhere not a mega yacht with Russian oligarchs and Oprah.

Old 08-15-2015, 03:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
This may be true, but as others have pointed out, it is a question of PR. Privilege means responsibility; you must give back, or risk being viewed as a parasite.

Also, Beatrice need not actually have a 9-5 job, but the public expects her to do something, anything, rather than just laze about on a yacht or ski down a mountain.

She may have the same number of patronages that Kate has, but Kate has two young children; that makes a difference. Beatrice appears to do very little.
Agreed if she aspires to be a "working royal". Her CV is looking as bad as Kate's. She is not getting respect because she is not working for it.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:53 AM
Majesty

Much as I enjoy Beatrice slightly whacky fashion sense and love her wonderful smile, I have no right to judge her for anything. It's not my life, it's hers and, as she is not in receipt of monies from the Civil List, it's none of our damned business either.

All I see is the DMO extending their hate campaign from Andrew to now include Beatrice. Regardless of any good thing either of them do, they will be slated for something, anything and nothing is off limits. It's not nice, it's not pretty, but it is what it is, people who used to like her now hating at the DMO behest.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
If everyone whose parents spilt up didn't work because of that wouldn't be many people in the work force

. She also lost her aunt, whom she appeared close to at any early age.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:38 AM
Majesty

It is amazing how this thread has swung from benign interest to, hating on her. If there was one thing that the Yorks were seen to do right was to shield the children and keep them out of the marital mess.

I believe they succeeded as we have seen both Beatrice and Eugenie, with either parent, happy and smiling. Then, after the divorce, the "family" still holidayed together (Harry joined them last winter). In point of fact they have been united in keeping their family united.

However, it is important to realise that both Beatrice and Eugenie are adults. They are not young girls, they are fully grown, mature women with nosey media prying into every aspect of their lives and reinventing them.

Now we have people speculating about deep-seated problems and damage caused by the divorce and everyone jumping on the same bandwagon. Fact is, the kids were alright. They said it and I am sure that Harry wouldn't be spending family time with them if there were any residual "pain, depression, angst and all that".

For all her perceived or imagined faults, Beatrice seems a pretty happy woman and I for one see no virtue in picking over the bones of her parents divorce to find something to blame them for harming their children. The fact that they managed to share a (large) home post-divorce says it all.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Leave her be. She is a very wealthy young lady, leading the life she knows. Charity patronages are not jobs. No one in her family works for a living. Why do you expect that she would? It is that in this time and place, many think this is anachronistic. And it is, but it is.
Financially Beatrice and Eugenie should be in exactly the same position as Zara and Peter as their sources of trusts are exactly the same (B & E may have their small divorce trust as well - although Sarah has said they have supported her.) Of the Queen's adult grandchildren:
Peter - continually employed for years.
Zara - equestrian career supported by advertising endorsements.
William - full time military followed by air ambulance
Harry - 10 years military transitioning into a new role.
Eugenie - full time employment from Uni graduation to present
Beatrice - 6+ years post Uni, 2 jobs neither for more than a year (Cabot Square and Sony.)
Of Beatrice's peers, she seems to lack motivation- comparatively speaking. She lives with her father at Windsor and thus has no responsibility vis a viz running a household, or even taking care of her own needs as there are servants for that. In her favor, she doesn't seem to have fallen into drugs as do so many idle offspring of the wealthy.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Beatrice actually lives in an apartment in St James' for a large part of the year - not with her father at all but in the heart of London. Obviously when she is at Windsor, Sandringham or Balmoral she is with her extended family but for the most part it is in the St James' apartment she has had since she started uni.

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, princess beatrice