Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One very important thing I think we need to remember is that we are at the mercy of the media who shows us only that which they want us to see. We don't know for sure just what Beatrice is up to in day to day life and what she is or isn't involved with and how much and how often she does it.

The media has given us holidays and weekends and dashing here and dashing there having a good time. It is what they want us to see and believe is her total existence on this planet. If we were to dedicate her current events only to her charity work or news on her day to day employment, we would have a sluggish thread indeed because that is not the image the media wishes to feed us.

I sincerely believe she is a young woman with good character who just happens to have a Queen for her grandmother but unlike Zara, she carries the title of princess and that in and of itself, lends to the belief that people have the right to feel she "owes" the public something and should act and behave as they deem she should. I see her as a private citizen and her life is her own. If she decided to go raise llamas in Peru or live with the penguins in Antartica or count all the grains of sand on the Riviera, more power to her.
Thank you. As previously noted on here Princess Anne nor The Kent's get media recognition for all their work. Perhaps Princess Beatrice is in the same position but I, personally would like to see her do some more work but I have an issue with work as in, I have needed counselling as it became an addiction.

IMO, much of the hostility directed at PB is simply the spill over from the hostility toward her parents. PE has been able to negate some of that because she is seen as having a job (and even that has been criticized on occasion.) I doubt there will be much to change until she marries.

If I remember correctly all the counting for her holidays started with the DM then other press outlets picked up on it. So the DM is a big factor.

I may be in the minority here but I like bea. She's no saint,but she does a decent amount of charity work, and those are the ones we know about, wouldn't be surprised if she does more .

I don't buy into the lazy image, sure she has a nak for vacations, but I doubt that's all she does. Most Vacations seem only for weekends anyways .Personally, i think the press goes after her because they can't go after the bigger fish as much, without running into possibility of a lawsuit. For example William , I can see the press treading lightly with him considering his relationship with the press. So they stick with easy targets who would most likely role their eyes and and ignore the articles.

Oh the press tried to take Eug down too, while she was working in the USA. An article tried to claim she was planning a big road trip across the US. They tried to make her seem like her life was one big party. It was after the Coachella event. Let's not forget more recent articles mentioning Eug going to bars/clubs and partying. So, clearly it doesn't matter if they have a job or not the press will find a way to squeeze in the part girl image . Like posters before me said, Bea having a job or going to charity events wouldn't sell as much her lunging around would.

Last edited:
One very important thing I think we need to remember is that we are at the mercy of the media who shows us only that which they want us to see. We don't know for sure just what Beatrice is up to in day to day life and what she is or isn't involved with and how much and how often she does it.

The media has given us holidays and weekends and dashing here and dashing there having a good time. It is what they want us to see and believe is her total existence on this planet. If we were to dedicate her current events only to her charity work or news on her day to day employment, we would have a sluggish thread indeed because that is not the image the media wishes to feed us.

I sincerely believe she is a young woman with good character who just happens to have a Queen for her grandmother but unlike Zara, she carries the title of princess and that in and of itself, lends to the belief that people have the right to feel she "owes" the public something and should act and behave as they deem she should. I see her as a private citizen and her life is her own. If she decided to go raise llamas in Peru or live with the penguins in Antartica or count all the grains of sand on the Riviera, more power to her.

You said just what I have been trying to say. Thank You so much for your comment and insight. She is a target for the negative media out there and that spills over into people that believe everything the media seems to say. I say, more power to this young pretty lady and as one who didn't find herself early in life, but much later, hopefully she will soon.

Let's get back on topic. This thread is not about why some members do, or do not like Princess Beatrice.

Do I believe that currently Princess Beatrice could be doing more, yes but I am basing that on what I know. For all I know the woman could be at home working her fingers to the bone behind the scenes on behalf of her family, charities etc.

Princess Beatrice At ‘Lean In’ dinner in New York

Misha Nonoo Hosts “Lean in” dinner in New York. Princess Beatrice was a guest. I guess It’s official about her job?..

Article published on July 29, 2015

Misha Nonoo was invited to dinner by Sheryl Sandberg, author of Lean in CA. She met several fascinating women in the areas of philanthropy and technology. Inspired by all these woman she wanted to host a dinner herself in New York. Where like-minded, entrepreneurial women from different backgrounds connected.
Last week Misha Nonoo hosted her dinner, among the roughly 15 guests was Princess Beatrice of York, who just recently moved to New York to work in finance. Conversation moved from the superficial—how to avoid stains on white clothing, for instance—to more significant topics, like time-management skills.“How much time do you have to actually get to do what you love?” Princess Beatrice asked Ms. Nonoo, who responded that, running a company, she didn’t get nearly as much time to actually design clothing as she liked. Ms. Nonoo hoped that all women there that night might, eventually work together and/or forge great friendships.

A few days afterward, Ms. Wolfe said she was very happy to find that nearly every guest at the dinner had a “helpful suggestion, connection or introduction to willingly offer.” Read more here: http://fashionresourcenetwork.com/starting-to-lean-in-at-new-york-dinner/

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Princess Beatrice is in a no-win position. If she does a lot of royal engagements, she'll be accused of trying to outshine The Duchess of Cambridge. If she works full-time, she would at least initially be accused of taking the job from someone less privileged--unless she began her career in the USA.

I'd like to see more of Beatrice on royal engagements, because I think that she has a knack for it. However, if that isn't the plan for her long-term, that would set up an expectation that she'd continue doing them indefinitely.

We really don't know what's going on in her life; but from what we've seen, she seems to be pleasant and well-liked.

I wish her all happiness in the future, no matter what she chooses.

Irish Lady I have been saddened at some of the comments on her regarding Beatrice. Whilst believing, strongly that she is in a position to do so much good and should do more with that, I don't believe that she or anyone deserves some of what has been written on here. One of my best friends is a Muslim man, who ended up homeless. He turned his life around and is helping others in his professional and personal life to do the same. I am not male, Muslim and have never faced some of the issues he has. It is an unlikely friendship but I thank God for it every day. It has made me a better person and I am a Christian.

Perhaps I am missing something but I do not see hatred here.

There certainly is criticism of her lack of "giving back" or work ethic but not hatred. Strong word.

I do not hate Beatrice, indeed, I do not have the inclination, the time or effort to hate anyone. However I do agree with posters who wish she would do more for society and mankind. Especially if she aspires to be a "working royal".

An observation, not hate.

It all comes down to the fact that we have absolutely no evidence Beatrice gives a rats about giving back or negative press or being a senior Royal or even having a long term job let alone a career. Every single thing points the exact opposite-That She loves her socialite hedonistic lifestyle very much and has great fun. And the royals have not ever been seen or heard to concern themselves either shows they aren't to interested either.

So if they don't mind and she sure don't why should we?

It all comes down to the fact that we have absolutely no evidence Beatrice gives a rats about giving back or negative press or being a senior Royal or even having a long term job let alone a career. Every single thing points the exact opposite-That She loves her socialite hedonistic lifestyle very much and has great fun. And the royals have not ever been seen or heard to concern themselves either shows they aren't to interested either.

So if they don't mind and she sure don't why should we?
Isn't it fair to expect from a member of the RF to put in the work? Too lazy or being above a working job is not a commendable quality in my opinion. Not even from a Princess and certainly not in this era.

Again the royals have not concerned themselves and they know best I would think and this is hardly a whole monarchy living detached pointless extravagant lives ALA the French royals circa 1770. This is one extremely wealthy women enjoying her life hugely who barring some huge tragedies will never get near the throne. As long as she is not asking for money or embarrassing herself or the family I say let her be.

Hmmm, judging from what the tabloids have said. Sure, they write about her vacations but amongst smoke and mirrors they have been letting us have a bit info on her job as well.

Seems like her job at sony was always temporary as she was always said to be gaining job experience there and exploring job options. By January 30, she quit Sony and supposedly was in NYC interviewing for a jobs, seems like right after she quit, she was job hunting. Since Feb it looked like she was closing the deal on the NY job offer, and even took her finance course around that time in San Francisco. Also, on Feb 17, she and Dave went to CO, Aspen. Where it looked like Jerry Murdock helped Dave get a job at Uber. Around March 20th was supposedly her final job interview, around the the time the birthday pic of The York sisters and sarah in NYC came out. It seems like she's been planning this move to NYC for 7+ months.

It's not like she was sitting around twiddling her fingers either. Princess or not moving to a new place can be difficult and a bit nerve wracking. It doesn't seem like she went to NYC and demanded a job , she supposedly had interviews, choose very carefully whom she was going to work for, and took a short course in finance in order to qualify for her new job. By Early/late July she started working her new finance Job in NYC. Her first press picture in NYC must have been that ‘Lean in' dinner which was the week before July 30. So, she seems somewhat dedicated it. I hate to say it but the press info was right, everything correlates perfectly

Obviously, whomever hired her doesn't mind the vacations and why would they if they don't cut in to her work time and she gives some notice before hand? Most seem like quick weekend getaways anyways. and some were to NYC, and Ca (where she did her study course). So, who knows how many trips had to do with business rather than some getaway time.

I imagine whoever hires a royal would have to be flexible like will's job. i think she negotiated her contract very carefully,it would have to be, especially since she needs time for her trip to india, etc. I'm sure she could easily work her job from online as well. As far as to whom she works for, I can see why she might want to keep it private for awhile or indefinitely, judging by what happened at Sony. My best guess would be paddle 8 or someone at the dinner party.

Last edited:
The DM and the rest of the media like having a go at Beatrice and she leaves herself as a target.

what course did beatrice do in finance? is it a long university course, or more like a short, professional development course? do we know who she works for in NYC? I wonder if her and eugenie plan to make NYC her city from now on or if it is only temporary whilst getting job experience.

what course did beatrice do in finance? is it a long university course, or more like a short, professional development course? do we know who she works for in NYC? I wonder if her and eugenie plan to make NYC her city from now on or if it is only temporary whilst getting job experience.

It was never named. I suspect it was a canned training course for new fiance professionals. It might even have been in house. In any case, it was closed enough that there were no leaks to the tabloids. And New Yorkers love to leak to the tabs. :whistling:

Supposedly, she took a short finance course in San Francisco university for about two days, it could have been longer. Thats what at least the tabloids and twitter leaks were saying, don't know if it's true or not. For all we know she could've taken most of the course online and and she had to physically be there for two days, who knows?

I think perhaps it could be at least a year or two, you know gaining work experience, or perhaps she could spend a year in NY and a year in Britain depending on the company she works for, that type of thing, or it's an indefinite move. There's quite a few work possibilities there. Time will only tell.

Last edited:
:previous: interesting - there is no San Francisco University that I'm aware of.
There is the University of San Francisco - a private Jesuit college, California State University, San Francisco and the University of California at San Francisco which are each state colleges/universities. I've not been convinced that Beatrice attended a 'college course' in the USA.
I've read that with the switch to Uber Dave is now based in New York - maybe that explains the move if indeed it occurred. Eugenie is now back in the UK having switched jobs, so I don't think she has any bearing on Beatrice moving (if she did.)
I'm sure that if Beatrice is working we'll see photos of her going to work, as we did with Eugenie occasionally.

^ Sorry meant say a University in SF, not like it matters since it's a tabloid rumor

I love that pic of Beatrice! It almost seems as if she was a bride! I think it is a little weird that she met up with celebrities though

I'm sure that if Beatrice is working we'll see photos of her going to work, as we did with Eugenie occasionally.

The keyword is if.

I really doubt Beatrice has a job in the USA.
However, as you say, if she has we are bound to see photos of her going to work, etc.

What has become of the flat in St. James?
Does Eugenie live there now, or is she based somewhere else?

Is the Daily Fail paying for these holidays? No, so why is it any of their business? Without sticking up for Beatrice, as my opinion is that she should get a full time job and have less holidays for her own sake, we don't know how much of this is assisting Dave in his schmoozing of wealthy would-be clients.
Beatrice's frequent-flyer points must be a huge amount, and her accommodation probably costs next to nothing. Some Royals and celebrities hardly ever pay full price for anything and they receive freebies all over the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom