The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 04:30 AM
Majesty

My father was a returned soldier and always said that in that when everything was closed on the morning of ANZAC Day, dawn and morning services were for Remembrance. In the afternoon, the shops, pubs and restaurants opened and it was time to celebrating the living.

I see no disrespect in Beatrice attending a nightclub. It is not as if she rolled out drunk and disorderly. The Royal Festival of Remembrance was not a "service". It would have been in Church if it was. Let's get real here, it as not as if the entire UK is required to go into mourning on Remembrance Day, nor do they.

It is very disheartening to see the return of the continual one-sided and more often than not, misleading, reporting on and sniping at Princess Beatrice.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
My father was a returned soldier and always said that in that when everything was closed on the morning of ANZAC Day, dawn and morning services were for Remembrance. In the afternoon, the shops, pubs and restaurants opened and it was time to celebrating the living.

I see no disrespect in Beatrice attending a nightclub. It is not as if she rolled out drunk and disorderly. The Royal Festival of Remembrance was not a "service". It would have been in Church if it was. Let's get real here, it as not as if the entire UK is required to go into mourning on Remembrance Day, nor do they.

It is very disheartening to see the return of the continual one-sided and more often than not, misleading, reporting on and sniping at Princess Beatrice.

The second half of the Festival of Remembrance is most certainly a Service. A Drumhead Service is conducted by Clergy, in this case the respective ranking Clergy of the various Services and the Bishop (? Not sure what his rank is outside his post relating to the British Royal Legion) who is the Clergy Member for the British Royal Legion. It follows the format of any other Military Service I've either attended or watched over the years : Prayers, Readings, Hymns & Blessings.

If that's not a Service, then I'm not sure what is.

BTW, Military Services do not have to be in a Church for it to be an "Official Service". I've seen some head shakers on here, but this one is a new one.

As for your comment about Remembrance Day, I would certainly expect the entire UK at least stopped & took part in the 2 Minutes of Silence. Both out of respect, but also to mourn as well, as that is the least we can do.

Personally, I do have a problem w/Princess Beatrice not attending some Remembrance Events. At the very least she can attend Remembrance Sunday and appear on the Balcony w/Tim & the other Royal Women not taking part in Wreath Laying, but we never see her.

If she really does want to be a working Royal, she should start attending the events that aren't as glitzy as Trooping or Ascot.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 11-17-2016, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with everything you say Tiggersk8 - but surely if HM The Queen asked her to be there, she would be there?
Old 11-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I find it strange that both Beatrice & Eugenie have attended other occasions such as Trooping of the Colour, Ascot and Maundy Thursday but not any of the Remembrance events. Their father saw active service, and lays a wreath on Remembrance Sunday, it would be good to see them there.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I find it strange that both Beatrice & Eugenie have attended other occasions such as Trooping of the Colour, Ascot and Maundy Thursday but not any of the Remembrance events. Their father saw active service, and lays a wreath on Remembrance Sunday, it would be good to see them there.
Ascot is a social event, and Maundy Thursday is much lower profile service. The entire family is invited to the Trooping. The York girls are not called to the Remembrance Day events as they are not serving senior royals.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

It isn't something you should be called to do, but rather want to attend IMO
Old 11-17-2016, 04:44 PM
Majesty

I don't know whether someone can just "show up" with the royal women on the balcony.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think, for a hundred years (or some other long time, if ever) we will ever hear how/when/who got invited to be on the balconies (there are several) for Remembrance Day.
I think anyone that wants to go to the ceremony should. If Bea and Eugenie want to go, they should join the crowds. Better yet, do something locally for veterans, even if they get no publicity out of it.
It is both interesting and informative to go and look at Getty's photos going back and capturing the balcony at Remembrance Days past. JMO, but it has never been an all-inclusive balcony thing. In general, you are there if you spouse is there. There is a sort of a tradition...
Old 11-18-2016, 02:27 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Beatrice wins battle against the Daily Mail

She does occasionally attend events for the military though non royal related. I remember seeing her at remembrance day service balcony scene when she was a kid, Don't know if it was a one time kind of thing or if she attended as a kid but as the years progresses and it was clear she was not going to become a working royals I guess those events stopped. Just my guess. I'm sure if the Queen wanted her to attend she would be there. and We don't know what public events she attended that day. We only know what the press would like us to know. Sometimes we'd be really lucky to get social network pics of her charity events else we would have never knows she attended.

Princess Beatrice wins battle against the Daily Mail for publishing bikini pictures

Quote:
The taking and publishing of these photographs of the complainant, wearing a bikini, which the committee noted placed a gratuitous and invasive focus on parts of the complainant’s body which would not ordinarily be subject to public scrutiny, represented a serious intrusion into her privacy.http://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/yorks/p...pictures-71796
I think it's good that Bea is standing against the DM since they always like to take her under the bus. However, the DM will probably be merciless now.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
It isn't something you should be called to do, but rather want to attend IMO
We don't know that they don't want to attend do we?

Sidenote: The only Maundy Thursday Beatrice has attended is the one in York. For obvious reasons.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding the appearance of Beatrice and Sarah at the Angel Ball have been moved to York Family News and Pictures 2: September 2015 .

Old 11-25-2016, 03:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Short, sweet and succinct and something I've pretty much never seen in all my time here at TRF. An actual apology from a publication for their intrusion into a royal's private life.

My esteem of the Express has gone up a notch. I just wonder if they were forced to print this because of a threat of legal action. Regardless, I hope the rest of the tabloids and media take notice.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-27-2016, 02:03 AM
Royal Highness

Apparently Beatrice slashed Ed Sheeran in the face with a sword will she was playing a prank with James Blunt at a party. James and Beatrice are both a little too old for these kind of stunts so I wonder if alcohol was a factor.

Princess Beatrice 'accidentally sliced open Ed Sheeran's FACE with sword while pretending to knight James Blunt' - Mirror Online
Old 11-27-2016, 03:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think that's at all funny as well as being dangerous it's really rude to make fun of what her grandmother does.
If she wants to work as a full time royal like we hear she does maybe stop playing the fool. Making fun of the job won't help.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-27-2016, 06:32 AM
Courtier

Pranks can / will have repurcussions, unless you are an A-Rated celeb or an A-listed Royal most tend to go under the media radar.

Sounds like it was all in good fun ..... no one lost their head!!
Old 11-27-2016, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post

Sounds like it was all in good fun ..... no one lost their head!!

He might have lost an eye, though.

I think it was nice of him to return to the party afterward.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:52 PM
Aristocracy

A bit off topic but I thought the royal lodge had been demolished? and it belonged to someone else now?

So, how can they have a party at the royal lodge in the first place?
Her family just had a random ceremonial swords laying around?

I just find it a bit odd, although theres a picture so *shrugs
Old 11-27-2016, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
A bit off topic but I thought the royal lodge had been demolished? and it belonged to someone else now?

So, how can they have a party at the royal lodge in the first place?
Her family just had a random ceremonial swords laying around?

I just find it a bit odd, although theres a picture so *shrugs
You are thinking of Sunninghill. It was the home Andrew and Sarah owned and the girls were raised in. They sold it in 2004 and yes was bulldozed last year.

Royal lodge is a crown estate, it is located in Windsor park. It was home to the queen mother until she died, and to the yorks since 2004.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:10 PM
Aristocracy

okiedokie, thanks. Still have trouble believing the accuracy of this story.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:05 PM
Majesty

It's very strange if she actually "swung the sword backwards behind her" in order to dub her friend. That's more the action of someone who wants to seriously hurt someone else. I'm not sure that I can believe this story.

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, princess beatrice