The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 02:04 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing becomes very clear. When Beatrice participates in a triathalon or visits a institute in Nepal or goes to galas for charity or visits her other charities and patronages, the reason is quite clear. She wants to. There is no distinguishing between a part time royal or a full time royal for the family "Firm" and there is no commentary on how much her wardrobe or expenses cost the taxpayers.

Beatrice does have the best of both worlds. She's able to make a difference where she can because that is what she wants to do. She can dabble is different occupations and careers because she wants to. She can bump knees under the table with the best of them and grab all that life has to offer because she wants to. She could stay home and eat bon bons all day if she wanted to.

I think she's a pretty well rounded and grounded individual.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
She's not doing it for the Queen, that's why she doesn't get the Court Circular recognition. Bea almost never represents the monarchy.

Her doing a triathlon is no different from Pippa doing one.
Whether she is in Nepal on her grandmothers request or not, she is still a member of the British royal family. Her actions reflect on them, especially her grandmother. So no, her being in Nepal or even Italy is not remotely comparable to Pippa. Pippa is a private citizen. Beatrice is a member of the royal family whose actions contribute to their reputation.

As for not being in the court circular, many of Harry's activities are not as well. Why? Because they are in foreign countries. Unless they have been invited by the government officially, these are seen as private trips and not official events.

Old 10-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Beatrice Visits Children's Home in Nepal

Princess Beatrice recently visited Hamro Ghar – Muskaan Sewa Nepal, is a non profit Children’s home for orphans. Her visit took 5 hours and the children got to ask her a bunch of questions.

Quote:
“Princess Beatrice of York invited us for lunch. The kids asked loads of questions and so did the Princess. We found the Princess to be very down to earth and pleasant. We wish you all the best for everything that you do. Thank you Princess Beatrice and Simon for a wonderful 5 hours. The children can’t stop talking about it. ❤ God Bless🌻🌞”
https://www.facebook.com/muskaansewa...09342285822184
Old 10-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Great seeing her at the orphanage. I wish she got more positive coverage. It would be nice if we knew how long she was in Nepal and what else she is doing there. Even if a private visit, you would think they could release some.

I have been reading up on the foundation she helped found with Holly and Sam Branson. shame DM can go on for pages about vacations but this foundation gets one small Kenton because of the triathlon

About | Big Change
Old 10-05-2016, 03:07 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Beatrice Visits Jamgon Kongtrul Eye Centre in Kalimpong

Princess Beatrice Visits Jamgon Kongtrul Eye Centre in Kalimpong

Quote:
Princess Beatrice arrived in Kalimpong on, Tuesday October, 4th 2016. To attend a free three-day eye care programme. She will attend day 2-3.
KALIMPONG NEWS: Princess Beatrice in Kalimpong to attend eye-care programme

Pic here

Pic 2
pic 3
pic 4

I found it cute and humbling that Bea seems to be trying to get to everyone and accepting all the scarves .
Old 10-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

I like how Beatrice has thrown herself into her work. She's on a roll here.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

She is doing a wonderful job on this trip so far I love how many scarves she has in trying to interact with everyone. Doing a great job

New patronage? I don't recall her doing anything eye related before. I do hope we see more. She really does glow when given a chance, sadly she gets little press for her work. Not as exciting as posting her holiday photos.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
She is doing a wonderful job on this trip so far I love how many scarves she has in trying to interact with everyone. Doing a great job

New patronage? I don't recall her doing anything eye related before. I do hope we see more. She really does glow when given a chance, sadly she gets little press for her work. Not as exciting as posting her holiday photos.
I think it's a major problem that the young members of the Royal family have. There's very little focus on their work and it leads to less respect for their genuine contributions to society and the people. There's more focus on their vacations and wardrobe.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Aristocracy

Hmm I've read in a couple of places that Bea is carrying out these events on behalf of the DOY, any merit to that? I would think this visit is like the the York gals did with the Germany an unofficial visit.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Majesty

That does not devalue the sterling work Beatrice is doing. She is a natural with people and seeing her enjoying herself while doing something worthwhile is great as, like Harry, she has a wonderful smile and throws herself into whatever she is doing.

I loved that the Challenge called for a large expenditure of time and energy with training which, judging from all the nasty fluff pieces written in the DM and such, they all missed that she was spending a large chunk of time swimming, cycling, hiking, etc. and not actually grazing, and partying through the best restaurants and nightclubs.

And should the visiting she is doing now be filling in for her mother, she's still killing it with her investment in time, energy and joy. Everyone meeting her seems more than happy to see her and she is more than happy to see them, so win, win!

Bonus point. Any positive publicity goes to the BRF, deserved or not.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Beatrice Will be at Asia Game Changers Awards 2016Awardees Will Be Honored a

Awardees Will Be Honored at Asia Game Changer Awards Dinner and Celebration at the U.N. on October 27, 2016

NEW YORK, September 13, 2016 — Asia Society today announced the 2016 Asia Game Changers, recognizing those making a transformative and positive difference for the future of Asia and the world.
Asia Society Announces 2016 Asia Game Changers | Asia Society

Princess Beatrice will be there to present one of the Awards

Interestedly enough Dr Sanduk Ruit will be presented an award. The same eye doctor she has been traveling with in Nepal.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:41 AM
Majesty

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Princess Beatrice’s new job? Jetsetting around the world for charityÂ* | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-08-2016, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

Bonus point. Any positive publicity goes to the BRF, deserved or not.

Yes, but the problem is that there is rarely any positive publicity.
There is usually negative publicity about how Beatrice is work-shy, and prefers to go jet-setting around the world for her charities.

And that also goes to the BRF, deserved or not.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Yes, but the problem is that there is rarely any positive publicity.
There is usually negative publicity about how Beatrice is work-shy, and prefers to go jet-setting around the world for her charities.

And that also goes to the BRF, deserved or not.
Usually the press is about her jet setting around the world for pleasure - weddings in exotic locations, vacations in warm places, attendance at sporting and fashion events. Her occasional appearance or activity for a miscellaneous charity isn't going change the press narrative that Beatrice seems incapable of or disinterested in maintaining gainful employment.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Aristocracy

^ I wouldn't call her charity work occasional. The one thing that is quite constant these last few years is her charity work. I'd say she does a decent amount of charity work.

Anyways apparently she had a private meeting with the Bhutan Royal Family.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Majesty

And there we go. The usual spite and bile with little regard for truth.

Why denigrate Beatrice for "jet-setting" for charity when it's all warm fuzzies if Harry nips over to Africa for his charity? It shows a really nasty double standard both by the DM and those who query whether she has a job. She could spend her life with this century's version of the Sloan Rangers!
Old 10-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I've come to realize that if I see an article with the words Sebastian Shakespeare in the link, I ignore it. Guy must really have some ego needing to be stroked by having his name first and foremost and in all capital letters at that.

Makes it easier to ignore him I think.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:19 AM
Courtier

Maybe it's because Harry has been doing his charity for years and spending a couple of months there at a time with no pap shot's. Where as Beatrice pops up every now and then usually at a party doing "charity" work. She hasn't has a real job for months she did what a marathon which most people had no idea about which actually defeats the entire purpose. So when has Bea done all this charity work? She has mostly been pictured on vacation and popping up here or there for a charity dinner etc. I would love to see the statistics of how much she does. What has the charity she set up with all the other wealthy children actually done for others?
Old 10-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Aristocracy

^^

^ Bea has been promoting her charity work in Nepal and the strive challenge through her twitter and gave an interview through hello for the strive strive challenge. I don't see it as a bad thing . I always seen it like this if you are a royal your are the public face/ ambassador of said charity, so promoting the event's is just part of the job. It's not like she get much recognition for any charity work she does in the first place so.... On some intances we'd be lucky to get a photo off the social network else we would have never heard or seen her at some charity events

This year Bea has done around 31+ events related through charity, and I'm pretty sure she will do more and that's just the one's we know about. It's not her fault the press tend to ignore her work like for instance the western press did not write how she was visiting an orphanage for hours in Nepal, when there's pictures and Bea gave interviews to local reporters too.

Big change gives grants to schools, etc. The like to fund progammes that help children in schools. They also fund other programmers such as frontline.
You can read up on all this on their site. It goes into detail click the boxes on the right sidebar to view how they help and such Growth Mindset Research | Big Change

Anyways speaking of charity work Bea's 9 day visit to Nepal, India snd Bhutan is over. you can view more pictures here:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...71331082934420
or on her twitter.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Courtier

And she's back in London attending a fashion/charity cocktail event.
Princess Beatrice is stylish in a pair of £625 shoes at Jimmy Choo charity bash | Daily Mail Online

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, princess beatrice