Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Beatrice Job in NY

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 5h5 hours ago
Beatrice finally started work at a private equity firm in NY last month, eight months after quitting her last job.

although in support of the rumors , a twitter account did place here in the trump towers in july :

@sophietownend-July 9th -Omg I can't believe I've just had a conversation with Princess Beatrice in Trump Towers in NY!!!!! She was so lovely

I don't know how true any of that is.

She supports her grandmother a great deal at palace engagements. Beatrice is there more than her senior cousins and cousin-in-law and show up when you least expect it.

She has been to three events this year - one was Trooping the Colour which is basically de rigeur for all the family.

She has been to one reception at BP as has Eugenie.

She has been to one Afternoon Party.

That is hardly 'a great deal of palace engagements'.

William, Kate and Harry have done way more than her to support the Queen. They were all at Trooping. They have attended other events with The Queen more to do with the military events such as the Afghanistan memorial service.

Beatrice and Eugenie are looking more and more like they will be in the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent sphere of supporting the Monarch - where they turn up to the 'pack royal events' where most royals are expected to attend rather than any personal support for her such as doing a memorial service.

Bea would not be a CoS in the Queen's reign (assuming no one has a premature death) It's consort plus first 4 adults in line. She will when Charles takes the throne. However since 2 are only needed when the monarch leaves the country for more than a couple of days, she might never be picked. Charles could use his 2 sons instead of his niece. When George becomes 21, Bea would be bumped out the top 4 adults and probably remain outside as Charlotte and future WK's and Harry's kids become adults.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

True - but for her to never have the opportunity to serve the Queen has to live to 108 and even Charles to 88 (he will be 88 when Charlotte turns 21). Any later children will take longer to replace her.

It is possible that Charles and his sons and their families could want to have a holiday overseas together when he is King in which case Beatrice would be called upon.

The monarch actually doesn't have to be out of the country by the way. In my studying of the CC there have been occasions when The Queen was at one end of the country and others such as Charles, Andrew and Edward (who come to mind) actually were recorded in the CC as serving as CoS - to formally receive Ambassadors or High Commissioners. The Queen can appoint two CoSs whenever she is unavailable to carry out a duty that only she can do.

Beatrice's work status is unknown.

The Daily Mail makes up stories about the number of vacations she has taken and people believe this trash.

If they bother to read some of these stories they will see that some of these 'vacations' were weddings or just some crap made up by the DM.

If Beatrice goes out in the evening, then she is unemployed.
If Beatrice is pictured going to a restaurant for lunch then she is unemployed.

Beatrice is not the only person in the world that doesn't brown bag her lunch.

There are 365 days in the year.

The average worker in the U.K. is entitled to 5.6 weeks of paid holidays a year. This also applies to part time worker. Some workers receive 28 paid holidays plus 9 bank holidays.
Saturday and Sunday are not normal working days.

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/entitlement

Taking this into consideration, did Beatrice take more 'vacation' than her peers in the U.K.?

Last edited:
Beatrice's work status is unknown.

The Daily Mail makes up stories about the number of vacations she has taken and people believe this trash.

If they bother to read some of these stories they will see that some of these 'vacations' were weddings or just some crap made up by the DM.

If Beatrice goes out in the evening, then she is unemployed.
If Beatrice is pictured going to a restaurant for lunch then she is unemployed.

Beatrice is not the only person in the world that doesn't brown bag her lunch.

There are 365 days in the year.

The average worker in the U.K. is entitled to 5.6 weeks of paid holidays a year. This also applies to part time worker. Some workers receive 28 paid holidays plus 9 bank holidays.
Saturday and Sunday are not normal working days.

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/entitlement

Taking this into consideration, did Beatrice take more 'vacation' than her peers in the U.K.?

Yep sure did. And if the DM make up stories about holidays how do they have photos.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She has been to three events this year - one was Trooping the Colour which is basically de rigeur for all the family.

She has been to one reception at BP as has Eugenie.

She has been to one Afternoon Party.

That is hardly 'a great deal of palace engagements'.

William, Kate and Harry have done way more than her to support the Queen. They were all at Trooping. They have attended other events with The Queen more to do with the military events such as the Afghanistan memorial service.

Beatrice and Eugenie are looking more and more like they will be in the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent sphere of supporting the Monarch - where they turn up to the 'pack royal events' where most royals are expected to attend rather than any personal support for her such as doing a memorial service.

Yes, The Cambridge's and Harry do the big stuff on occasion, but yearly Beatrice help her grandparents out on palace engagements. I'm just saying that she may vacation a lot, but Beatrice is there for her grandparents in a more intimate way. Now, people may think that's nothing and really not important, but it matters. There's no recognition for her attending palace engagements, Royal Garden Parties, Chelsea Flower Show, or Royal Ascot. She's there more than others, IMO.

No one gets recognition for going to Ascot other than The Queen and Philip. Beatrice, on the one or two occasions she has been to the Chelsea Flower Show or Royal Garden Parties does get the recognition.

She just doesn't do it as often as you seem to think.

The only occasion when she was with her grandmother this year and didn't get recognition was the beacon lighting but then Andrew didn't get any recognition that night either.

I have been keeping an account of the types of events that she does that would count as 'royal engagements' for others and the total is 20 with 3 official. They include an Art Gala, an auction, a fundraising dinner, the aforementioned beacon lighting, visiting the dyslexic centre, visit to the Horizon Academy, another visit to a dyslexic school, visit the dyslexic centre again, a second beacon lighting, Tweet4Humanity, another fundraiser, opened a school, visit to Frontline, visit to Amos Bursary, World Social Work Day, opening of a fashion exhibit, met sick children in Edinburgh, WE Day and a dinner.

Other than the beacon lighting nothing in that list involved her supporting the Queen at BP. The only Afternoon Party she has attended this year she was given credit for attending. The evidence is that she isn't there more often than others - she has been to ONE such event this year and was given the credit for it.

In 2012 - her highpoint as a royal for engagements, when she did 20 due to the Jubilee, she did help her grandmother by going to York Minster for the Maundy Service.

Beatrice actually does very little. She has done 23 total engagements this year - not as many as Kate even. She has been to fewer BP events than Princess Michael of Kent.

You may have an impression of her attending these events. I prefer to rely on my records based on the CC and media reports of what she attends.

i counted 24 .since she was at China Exchange UK and a pitch place event technically. Oh, well not like it matters . unofficially 2013 seems her highest at 54 events

Last edited:
Just a question since I know very little about this young lady, since she is not a working member of the royal family nor is she being paid by the taxpayer, then why is it important that she work? I mean she is a single woman with family money regardless of where that money came from be it her grandmother, her dad or investments which I am sure she has, she is basically free to do as she pleases, JMO.

Just a question since I know very little about this young lady, since she is not a working member of the royal family nor is she being paid by the taxpayer, then why is it important that she work? I mean she is a single woman with family money regardless of where that money came from be it her grandmother, her dad or investments which I am sure she has, she is basically free to do as she pleases, JMO.

She is indeed basically free to do as she pleases, as are thousands and thousands other ladies in Britain with the same privileged circumstances. She only has the disadvantage to find the full floodlights of the media directed on her. The usual framework is then: "Look at them, those lazy brats!" followed by the open sewers in the comments section. That is all part of the Daily Mail business model: the more reactions, the more clicks, the more their website generates. So the recipe is clear: write an article which guarantees controverse: the hundreds or even thousands reactions and mouse-clicks will follow... ting, ting, ting-a-ling... the money flows into the pockets of the Daily Mail. That real life perons are terrorized, wrecked or becoming outcasts, is not in their consideration. Ask the late Diana, Princess of Wales...

:ermm:

Last edited:
And after all that saying all of us about Beatrice here lets wish her a happy birthday today and a very good start to her new job. :flowers:

i counted 24 .since she was at China Exchange UK and a pitch place event technically. Oh, well not like it matters . unofficially 2013 seems her highest at 54 events

Can you post a link to those two events so I can add them to my list? I don't have either of them and to be accurate I would like to have those things listed to be up to date.

No one gets recognition for going to Ascot other than The Queen and Philip. Beatrice, on the one or two occasions she has been to the Chelsea Flower Show or Royal Garden Parties does get the recognition.

She just doesn't do it as often as you seem to think.

The only occasion when she was with her grandmother this year and didn't get recognition was the beacon lighting but then Andrew didn't get any recognition that night either.

I have been keeping an account of the types of events that she does that would count as 'royal engagements' for others and the total is 20 with 3 official. They include an Art Gala, an auction, a fundraising dinner, the aforementioned beacon lighting, visiting the dyslexic centre, visit to the Horizon Academy, another visit to a dyslexic school, visit the dyslexic centre again, a second beacon lighting, Tweet4Humanity, another fundraiser, opened a school, visit to Frontline, visit to Amos Bursary, World Social Work Day, opening of a fashion exhibit, met sick children in Edinburgh, WE Day and a dinner.

Other than the beacon lighting nothing in that list involved her supporting the Queen at BP. The only Afternoon Party she has attended this year she was given credit for attending. The evidence is that she isn't there more often than others - she has been to ONE such event this year and was given the credit for it.

In 2012 - her highpoint as a royal for engagements, when she did 20 due to the Jubilee, she did help her grandmother by going to York Minster for the Maundy Service.

Beatrice actually does very little. She has done 23 total engagements this year - not as many as Kate even. She has been to fewer BP events than Princess Michael of Kent.

You may have an impression of her attending these events. I prefer to rely on my records based on the CC and media reports of what she attends.

I'm just saying that Beatrice help her grandparents out a lot. I'm not just talking about what she did this year, but Beatrice has been attending palace engagements for a while now. She attends Royal Garden Parties all the time. She may not be an official working member of the royal family, but she do her part, that much I know.

Last year she did 4 engagements all year.

She doesn't attend Garden Parties etc all that often - usually once a year.

The statistics are clear - she maxed out in 2012 with 20 and most years it is in single figures.

She doesn't 'attend Royal Garden Parties all the time' once or twice a year isn't not 'all the time'.

She does as much as The Queen wants her to do - about 3 - 4 a year is enough for her - one Afternoon Party, Trooping, a church service type event and that is about it. She also may attend a reception each year - as she has done one this year.

One reception, one Afternoon Party and Trooping is this year's count.

Last year was one Afternoon Party, one reception, one funeral where she represented her father and an event in the middle east with him. She didn't even do Trooping last year.

She is actually doing less now than she was a few years ago - 2013 she did 9, 2012 - 20, 2011 - 7 but in 2010 - 1 2009 - 1, 2008 - 0, 2007 - 2, 2006 - 4, 2005 - 0, 2004 - 0, 2003 - 0, 2002 - 6 (Jubilee year), 2001 - 2 and 2000 also 2.

Last edited:
The nice angle to this is that Beatrice does whatever she does because she wants to and not because she is required or expected to. :D

Because that sort of hedonistic lifestyle reflects badly on the RF.

Monarchy in this day and age is controversial; many question whether it is needed at all.
When people read articles such as this, they immediately question why their taxes should fund the York girls, who will never inherit the throne and are considered superfluous anyway.
Since Eugenie does ostensibly have a job, she receives much less criticism than Beatrice, who seems to do little except go on holidays.

(It's no use for people to point out that they are not funded by the taxpayer, since the majority of the public considers that even the Queen's private funds derive from the taxpayer indirectly.)

Because that sort of hedonistic lifestyle reflects badly on the RF.

Monarchy in this day and age is controversial; many question whether it is needed at all.
When people read articles such as this, they immediately question why their taxes should fund the York girls, who will never inherit the throne and are considered superfluous anyway.
Since Eugenie does ostensibly have a job, she receives much less criticism than Beatrice, who seems to do little except go on holidays.

(It's no use for people to point out that they are not funded by the taxpayer, since the majority of the public considers that even the Queen's private funds derive from the taxpayer indirectly.)

But Princess Beatrice has only a very theoretical chance on ever becoming Queen. With each new offspring by the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Henry she will become more remote from the throne. How far can you go in demanding someone how to live and even going so far to calculate which event exactly you did attend (is that "work" anyway?). Get the lady a life...

:eek:

But Princess Beatrice has only a very theoretical chance on ever becoming Queen. With each new offspring by the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Henry she will become more remote from the throne. How far can you go in demanding someone how to live and even going so far to calculate which event exactly you did attend (is that "work" anyway?). Get the lady a life...

:eek:

Now that'd be the story of the century should Camilla give birth. :D

I don't think PB should be criticized or held accountable for the family that she was born into. She is a nice young lady that is not accountable to anyone on this earth, just because she was born with a title should not make her the subject of that hate and criticism that I see here or elsewhere. She has done no wrong in the eyes of the world, she lives her life the way she sees fit and more power to her. I mean after all she can do NO right nor she can do NO wrong, this poor girl is being ripped apart for what...not working, for working, for having a life, or not having a life, for helping her grandmother, for not helping her grandmother, this sounds so much life someone said, remember Princess Diana. I sure do and that was a very sad way to live.

I hope this young lady goes and has a wonderful birthday and gets lots of love and joy from her family as it should be. JMP and :flowers:

Now that'd be the story of the century should Camilla give birth. :D

i think the Duc meant as Wills and Harry have more children, the York girls slip in the order. ;)

Hedonism seems like a rather strong word for taking trips and generally having fun in life, especially in your 20's. Seems normal to me. Everyone I know takes lots of trips here and there and tries to have as much fun as possible. I really don't know why Princess Beatrice needs to be serious, nor why she needs a "job". Some people know who they are and what they want from life at 27. Many do not. I say: let her be and let her find her way.

Hedonism seems like a rather strong word for taking trips and generally having fun in life, especially in your 20's. Seems normal to me. Everyone I know takes lots of trips here and there and tries to have as much fun as possible. I really don't know why Princess Beatrice needs to be serious, nor why she needs a "job". Some people know who they are and what they want from life at 27. Many do not. I say: let her be and let her find her way.

She is a very rich young lady, from a very visible and powerful family. None of them do much, except go to venues and cut ribbons and or say something nice. They support charities, and such, but no one has a paying job. They do not work 9-5. Why should she. She is no different. The European Monarchies, have some members who, actually, work for a living, at a real job. Do they need the funds, I doubt it. Prince Constantine lives in Belgium and works, as does his wife. Princess Mabel, lives in London and works.

Most people work because it is the only way they can provide the necessities of life. Can we honestly say that those that put their time and energies into endeavors that don't provide a cash stipend aren't doing "real" work?

Somehow I just can't wrap my mind around the idea that the measure of a person is based on the size of his wallet and "real" work entails being paid for one's time. I guess I'm a pretty worthless person then as I was a stay at home mom and volunteered with Girl Scouts and various other things during my lifetime and now live off a pension and Social Security. ;)

Last edited:
I think it is pretty sad in today's day and age that some people still think that way. From reading this section about PB, I don't get the fact that if she was out cutting ribbons or whatever then it would be okay for her to be who she is. She is a young lady of a wealthy family, no big deal, she still needs time to find herself. There are thousands of rich young girls out there and I see her being attacked all because of the family that she was born into, it wasn't her choice to be in that family, lucky girl though. Just seeing out and about seems like it would feed the people that want to see her, her clothes, her hair, her hat, her make-up, yet there is more to her then that........let her find her way in life. The media feeds off the discontent of the people and they are the ones that feed the discontent to the people. JAOLO

She is not a young girl but a full grown woman. And the whole 'let her find herself line ' has gone off a long time ago like a stinky cheese... For petes's sake someone buy her a GPS so she can get on with it! honrstly I think she has found herself alright.... She has found herself on a yacht, she has found herself at the club.... She even found herself at jobs she played at.

Last edited:
Just a silly question.......why does she have to work? And for whom? My understanding is that she is not obligated to work, so why work?:)

PR

She is a member of the most privileged family in the UK and so for no other reason than PR she needs to be doing something that seems to be valued in society by the British people rather than thumbing her nose and saying 'I am so wealthy I don't have to work'.

She is a public relations disaster for the BRF at the moment and they need good PR for most of the time for most of the family to remain relevant to the nation. Having one child of the present monarch loathed and detested (Andrew) and having one in the next generation already in the same boat isn't what the family needs.

If she can't get a real job then the Queen or Charles need to find her something to do in the royal set up - e.g. a job in the Royal Collection or Royal Archives that would use her degree in History so that she isn't seen as always holidaying and partying.

It might be what other girls of her wealth are able to do but she is the granddaughter of the monarch and PR means their future. Bad PR for a long period of time will turn the public against them and there is already enough feeling about William and Kate - they are either loved or seen as lazy - that the future isn't as rosy as many people would like to think.

The Queen won't do anything - she never does - and by the time Charles is in charge the damage maybe already done.

New babies and a photo or two every six months or so can only go so far. Having two people as close to the throne as Andrew and Beatrice who are not respected isn't doing the family any good.

PR

If she can't get a real job then the Queen or Charles need to find her something to do in the royal set up - e.g. a job in the Royal Collection or Royal Archives that would use her degree in History so that she isn't seen as always holidaying and partying.

Exactly!

This is precisely why I said that perhaps Beatrice is being deliberately self-indulgent, in an attempt to force Charles' hand into allowing her to officially represent the RF.

Right now there is much ill-will building up, and I think perhaps Charles may intervene. I know he isn't truly in charge yet, but it's been said the Queen is ceding him control more frequently lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom