Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Princess Beatrice of York 15

Beatrice-300.png

Arms of HRH Princess Beatrice of York

commencing January 2014

Part 15, which covers the period July 2011 to December 2013 can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-york-14-july-2011-december-2013-a-31429.html .​

London may have celebrated in style when it welcomed 2014 on Tuesday night, but Princess Beatrice of York was the other side of the world when her beloved city embraced New Year.
That's because The Queen's granddaughter has spent her Christmas celebrations in the French West Indies resort of St.Barts with boyfriend Dave Clark.

She looks like she is having fun.

This is just my opinion, but this trip is just the kind of thing that hurts Bea in her run for a full time family job. One headline was 'How the other half lives" and showed her boarding a private jet.

Never mind that the owners of that jet were taking it anyway, it just looks looks excessive and out of the reach of normal people.

I'm happy she is having fun. I just think she is blowing her PR angle. Her dad is air miles Andy. No one wants her to become bum a flight Bea.

Looks like Bea & Dave are having some fun in the sun.

Looks like Bea & Dave are having some fun in the sun.

I'd thought they'd be engaged by now, they have been together almost seven years.

She is still quite young, but after all this time, I would think she'd want a more permanent commitment.

Like father, like daughter..
Why cant these people just stop associating with these billionaire businessmen? Is it a holiday for them ONLY if it involves the billionaires' ski resorts or yatches or holiday mansions?
I know it is too tempting to resist such "friendly" offers..
But most of these people turn "shady" at one point or other. Some scandal will crop up which will then inevitebly be linked to RF..
Not just PR wise, its not good for them any way... U are different..u have to be careful and content with your "limited' holiday options..Dont crave too much..

PS : I made this post assuming that the couple were invited/allowed on the yatch by Lakshmi Mittal. If they rented it out or something, then its ok. My post stands nullified. I am just against royals seeking favours from businessmen and billionaires. And the York branch stands out with flying colours, that too publicly..

Last edited:
Like father, like daughter..
Why cant these people just stop associating with these billionaire businessmen? Is it a holiday for them ONLY if it involves the billionaires' ski resorts or yatches or holiday mansions?
I know it is too tempting to resist such "friendly" offers..
But most of these people turn "shady" at one point or other. Some scandal will crop up which will then inevitebly be linked to RF..
Not just PR wise, its not good for them any way... U are different..u have to be careful and content with your "limited' holiday options..Dont crave too much..

PS : I made this post assuming that the couple were invited/allowed on the yatch by Lakshmi Mittal. If they rented it out or something, then its ok. My post stands nullified. I am just against royals seeking favours from businessmen and billionaires. And the York branch stands out with flying colours, that too publicly..

You raise goods points but if Beatrice and Dave get married, then she is going to live in the world of business. Then people will start to say (they don't at the moment surprisingly) he is using their royal connections. The British people in particular need to sort their heads out on this one. She isnt going to be super-rich, neither will the Philips' or Tindells. So they will either have to work, partner will have to work, get sponsorship or whatever but the commercial world will beckon. Other royals in other countries do it, and the British just need to accept it because they also do not want to pay for them.

Sorry but if your friends invited you on a yacht to escape the horrible british weather after new year, the problem is? The royals run in money circles, the younger generation have that lifestyle, remember those pictures of William and Catherine on a yacht her in a white bikini? I bet that wasn't theirs.

I imagine most of the billionaires in the world would take issue with you saying "most of these people turn "shady". I'd say 1% of the billionaires do, and it's that 1% that make their money in shady ways to begin with.

Nobody has "limited" holiday options, especially the royals. Just because the older generation now choose to stay in country doesn't mean it doesn't cost a fortune for what they do.

Cepe is right, Dave runs in circles with Richard Branson, for all we know it was him who recieved this NY invite and Beatrice is his guest.

Sorry but if your friends invited you on a yacht to escape the horrible british weather after new year, the problem is? The royals run in money circles, the younger generation have that lifestyle, remember those pictures of William and Catherine on a yacht her in a white bikini? I bet that wasn't theirs.

I imagine most of the billionaires in the world would take issue with you saying "most of these people turn "shady". I'd say 1% of the billionaires do, and it's that 1% that make their money in shady ways to begin with.

Nobody has "limited" holiday options, especially the royals. Just because the older generation now choose to stay in country doesn't mean it doesn't cost a fortune for what they do.

Cepe is right, Dave runs in circles with Richard Branson, for all we know it was him who recieved this NY invite and Beatrice is his guest.

I was very curious to know what the connection between Lakshmi Mittal (who's actually had some allegations against his business practices surface through the years) and Beatrice could be, he is in his 60's, his children are in their 30's. I couldn't find anything to suggest a longstanding friendship, although he has been pictured w/ the Duke of York, has business ties to Kazakhstan, etc.. From what I've read, Dave's position w/ Virgin is to sell space travel to the very rich, so perhaps it was Dave's business interests that caused them to be on the yacht.
I also wondered if they were in the area as part of a visit to Necker Island (120 miles away) since reportedly @ least Sam, Isabella and Cressida are there for New Years.

I find this snarky attitude to Beatrice's holiday more than a little creepy, mean and downright nasty.

My friend invites me to stay with she and her friends at her family's beautiful holiday home. I am supposed to decline the invitation because I am not in the same pay bracket? I have to decline any and all invitations because I haven't paid for my accomodation (never mind it's a private home or yacht), must fly on a budget flights (even though my friends are flying to the same destination on their private helicopter/jet and have seats to spare, just so I can't be seen by some miserable snark and be accused of freeloading?

Well, that makes no sense to me accept to say that there are a surprising number of mean spirited, jealous and downright vindictive people out there (unfortunately even on this forum) who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. :bang:

It comes down to the fact that she is seen as snubbing the British people, especially those who are struggling at home in the cold. The Queen and Philip always holiday at home as does Charles, in the winter, and thus they are sharing the cold experience but not the younger generation.

The PR people for the BRF either are useless or the message isn't getting through.

George VI made the comment in 1946/7 on the royal family tour of South Africa that he felt guilty being out of the country and in the warmth of SA while the country was in the depths of winter. He understood the importance of 'good PR' long before PR was seen as important while his descendants have no idea.

It isn't a matter of jealousy or meanness but a matter of stupidity on the part of the BRF - they can't afford to alienate the people and it is things like Beatrice swanning around in the warm sun while the ordinary people at home are cold, and waiting more storms etc are just more grist to the republicans to use against the BRF.

It comes down to the fact that she is seen as snubbing the British people, especially those who are struggling at home in the cold.

Who see's her as snubbing the british people except the comments from the Daily Mail?

Who see's her as snubbing the british people except the comments from the Daily Mail?

Quite a few friends of mine for instance who live in the UK.

PR is everything for the BRF - as the negative comments in papers like the DM and The Telegraph - both regarded as pro-monarchy papers - grow it shows that there is an undercurrent of dissatisfaction and the more there are stories like this one the more that dissatisfaction will continue to grow.

The BRF haven't actually grasped the idea that they need PR to be positive and they aren't getting that at the moment with The Queen refusing to take flowers from children at church, Beatrice in the warm climate while Britain freezes, etc etc. They need the goodwill of the public and when they lose that they lose their position. They need to consider PR ALL the time - not just when it suits them but on all occasions and here is the 6th in line to the throne going to a warm climate as soon as possible.

Sadly there are people who simply don't get the importance of the PR side of things - the British people could turn and they have Charles as the next king - a man who only has the support of about 50% of the population so it is very important to have everyone on message - and that means showing some empathy for the average Brit and not swanning around the wealthy playgrounds of the world just because they can.

All celebrities need the PR to be good for them to remain on top and that applies to celebrities like The Queen and her family as much as any other celebrities. And don't go arguing that The Queen isn't a celebrity - she is - no different to any other celebrity - just a different role and type of entertainment but they are only entertainers afterall.

I'd thought they'd be engaged by now, they have been together almost seven years.

She is still quite young, but after all this time, I would think she'd want a more permanent commitment.

Could be that Dave wants a more permanent commitment and she won't make one. Or maybe they have made a permanent commitment to each other and have simply decided not to get married until they agree it's time to have children. We really have no idea, but based on the length of time they have been together and the fact they look so happy and comfortable in each other's company, I am prepared to assume they are in it for the long haul. And as his partner in life, Beatrice is going to have to mix with Dave's business colleagues and associates, and I'm guessing she enjoys it. She seems to be a very amiable young woman and both her mother and father have long histories of mixing socially with business people.

As for Beatrice enjoying a holiday in a nice, warm, sunny place, I find myself unable to fault her or any of the other younger royals for wanting to escape a cold winter since I myself hate the cold. The Queen and Charles seem to enjoy being in cold, wet, places and I wonder whether they would have continued to holiday at home if that weren't the case. I don't think their duty to the British people extends to subjecting themselves to a lifetime of cold, wet, winters.

All celebrities need the PR to be good for them to remain on top and that applies to celebrities like The Queen and her family as much as any other celebrities. And don't go arguing that The Queen isn't a celebrity - she is - no different to any other celebrity - just a different role and type of entertainment but they are only entertainers afterall.

I totally agree with what you say here, but I do think they are entitled to a reasonable amount of holiday time at a venue of their choosing and I think the British people should allow them to do so and it's the people who are being unreasonable if they criticise the royals for having a break somewhere warm and sunny.

Last edited:
The BRF haven't actually grasped the idea that they need PR to be positive and they aren't getting that at the moment with The Queen refusing to take flowers from children at church, Beatrice in the warm climate while Britain freezes, etc etc. They need the goodwill of the public and when they lose that they lose their position. They need to consider PR ALL the time - not just when it suits them but on all occasions and here is the 6th in line to the throne going to a warm climate as soon as possible.

I take your point about Beatrice. However, IMO Beatrice is not really considered a senior member of the BRF. She has not been given any royal duties, and it is clear she is expected to develop a career for herself independent of the BRF. The future of the BRF will be focussed on the Wales family, with the other children of the Queen and her cousins playing increasingly supporting roles. The York girls need to look at the Phillips children to see how you can build independent lives, without being accused of leaning on royal connections. If the York girls are not careful, they will just be reduced to being B-list celebs, hanging on to wealthy benefactors.

I actually think that the "core" machinery of the BRF is quite PR savvy now - a far cry from where it was in the 1990s when "St Diana" wrecked havoc. We are not aware of the specifics around the recent incident at Sandringham that you refer to. It is highly out of character for the Queen to be ostensibly choosing to go to lunch rather than carry out her duty. My reaction is that there is more to the story than has been revealed.

We, or the British people far all I care, can't expect Beatrice or any other member of the BRF to try and make everyone happy. That's impossible. There will always be people who complain and mostly about things they would do themselves if they had the chance and the money. Like going on a holiday.
What Beatrice (and her sister) does in her spare time with her own money is no ones business but her own. She doesn't get any "taxpayer money" and has no security wich would have to be payed by the British public. She is a private person who happens to be a member of the BRF.

And the DM is only pro monarchy if it suits them. In most of their articles and all the comments these girls can't do a thing right.

Just saw a picture of her arriving in America from St. Barts. Apparently she's there for a luxury sking holiday in Aspen. But it's not just her is it? No doubt it won't be long till the Cambridges are away to Mustique with the Middletons before squeezing in a sking holiday before Easter.

This is just my opinion, but this trip is just the kind of thing that hurts Bea in her run for a full time family job. One headline was 'How the other half lives" and showed her boarding a private jet.

Never mind that the owners of that jet were taking it anyway, it just looks looks excessive and out of the reach of normal people.

I'm happy she is having fun. I just think she is blowing her PR angle. Her dad is air miles Andy. No one wants her to become bum a flight Bea.

Is she in line for a full-time family job? Probably not, once her grandmother is gone. I don't think this is a secret--Beatrice and Eugenie have to make their way in the world.

My friend invites me to stay with she and her friends at her family's beautiful holiday home. I am supposed to decline the invitation because I am not in the same pay bracket? I have to decline any and all invitations because I haven't paid for my accomodation (never mind it's a private home or yacht), must fly on a budget flights (even though my friends are flying to the same destination on their private helicopter/jet and have seats to spare, just so I can't be seen by some miserable snark and be accused of freeloading?

Perhaps it might be wise to consider whether anything is expected in return? Are these friends just being generous or is some sort of payback involved?

If it's considered wrong for the RF to accept gifts of clothing and jewelery, then why doesn't the same apply to holidays?

Beatrice especially is in a difficult position. Many of the comments about her contain the phrase "Just like her mother!" or "Just like her parents!"
This reaction is precisely what hurt Beatrice in the past; she can overcome it with some decent PR, but not when she does things like this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2532893/RICHARD-KAY-Busy-Beatrices-hectic-holidays.html

According to this, she's had about ten trips in the last twelve months; it does seem rather excessive.

Last edited:
I count 8 trips, 10 if we're including this years trips yes. Last year, 1 was a wedding in South Africa and a family vacation which IMO don't particularly count. You can't help where your friends choose to get married and everyone goes on a family vacation each year.

She goes on holiday, every member of the royal family does, she's 25 years old. The only people moaning about it are the DM readership who would moan if gold grew from trees.

Beatrice is never going to be a full time royal unless tragedy hits, she cannot give up her title and she doesn't seem to be the kind of person to use and abuse it either while she does have it. I'm sure when she marries, has kids and settles down she'll be taking the annual vacation up to Scotland.

MARG:Well, that makes no sense to me accept to say that there are a surprising number of mean spirited, jealous and downright vindictive people out there (unfortunately even on this forum) who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. :bang:

Oh how I agree with you........there are so many darn jealous idiots out there that so wish they where born royal................doesn't anybody get it yet........when we are born we have no choice of who our parents are, no choice in anything even the color of our skin, eyes, hair, how tall we will be, how smart (IQ) we will be and most of all not even if we will be healthy or not.........so get over it............these girls don't get *TAXPAYER MONEY* and neither does their father so let them go through their life their own way. I would not make a good royal for I would bash all who are cruel mean hateful and ugly to me by their comments. I deploy being jealous of anyone who has more then me. Jealousy makes a person look poor in character.

Princess Beatrice left her job at an investment capital firm last summer and has since been travelling the world, often accompanied by her boyfriend Dave Clark.
But now the 25-year-old eldest daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson is back in employment, this time in the world of entertainment, having begun an internship at Sony Pictures Europe.
Based in the company's headquarters in London, the young royal did manage to nip away from her desk this afternoon to grab a quick lunch to go from healthy eatery Whole Foods.

Princess Beatrice grabs takeaway lunch before heading back to Sony internship | Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom