Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If all of Beatrice's duties, meetings and charity work were listed in the Court Circular that might prove she is not a party girl.

Oh my! What a bad, bad Queen for not providing us with proof that Beatrice's life is not a waste of space!

HM decides just what events and meetings and so forth are to be deemed as official representations and to be listed in the CC. Beatrice does not work for the Firm. Whatever she does whether it be supporting charities, working at a job or sunning on a beach, she does as a private citizen.

There are millions of young ladies of wealth in this world and perhaps a good percentage of them find their life calling is to find young men of wealth. That's their business and no one complains. Beatrice has a Queen for a grandmother and was born into a familial position that holds the title Princess. By no means does that entail that each and every move she makes belongs to the public domain and that they, the public, has the right to demand anything from her.

The picture we paint of Beatrice's life has a lot of colors missing from the palette. We only have access to the shades that have given us by the media. Beatrice does not have a PR agent shaping her "image" nor do I think anyone that is really close to Bea personally is giving out information.

Personally, I don't buy into a Daily Mail/gossip rag image of anyone. Their work is to sell their spiels and get responses.

I don't have to be a hater of Beatrice to be disappointed in the choices she is making. Nor do I, or others, criticize her and not criticize other members of the Royal family for similar conduct. However, the reality is that she is the only Royal of her generation to not have a steady job/avocation and to exhibit the wanderlust she has exhibited. She seems aimless. William and Catherine go on 1 or 2 vacations a year, Harry maybe 3 or 4, Eugenie about the same, Zara and Peter we don't even hear about their vacations. Beatrice at 15 vacations (Mideast twice, China, Greece, Caribbean/Bahamas (3,4 times?,) Verbier (3 times?) etc. in half a year has no equal in the frivolous lifestyle stakes amongst her cousins or sibling.
I don't know whether or not Beatrice is sweet, but I'm starting to think she is not all that bright.

Once again, the DM has a scathing article about Beatrice's current trip to the Bahamas, accompanied by plenty or irritated comments.

I know people will say she is independently wealthy and can do as she pleases, but it makes her look so spoiled and self-absorbed, and it reflects badly on the BRF.

I hope she's gets married soon and has a family. But I think she might be enjoying this lifestyle too much to settle down.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I agree, her mother did not 'settle down' when she had Beatrice and Eugenie, indeed she was oft criticized for leaving her daughters at home with nannies while she wandered the globe. Best that Beatrice enjoy these travels while she's young and forgo having children until she is more willing to 'settle down.' It may be that Beatrice has no role model for how to be a parent who is engaged in actually parenting, it was very much expected in years gone by that the nannies did the raising of children who were then sent off to boarding school, it's the way Andrew was raised. But I suspect that type of parenting would be lambasted in the press in this day and age.

^@ Queen Camilla
... I get it seems she can be flakey towards her jobs, and if she doesn't want a job she won't get one not like she's poor , but if someone chooses to condemn bea for her vacations and lack of job than condemn the rest because at one point and or another Will, kate and Harry didn't even have a job for months at a time. Prince Harry quit his job to focus on charity and duty most praised him, but when Bea quit her job in 2012 or 2013 to focus on her charities people complained.
Beatrice has quit or been let go or not hired following an internship from more than one job (Cabot Square and Sony are 2 we know about.) In neither case was it announced that she was focusing on her charities, indeed following Cabot Square she was studying for an exam to enable her to work in that field (which I suspect she either never took or failed) and following the ending of the Sony job it's been said (including by her mother) that she was looking to work in the finance field in the USA. Her father's website has maintained throughout that "Princess Beatrice works full time in business." (Emphasis added, quote from the Duke of York website.) We know this to be untrue, so why keep lying about it? Why not say that she is devoting herself to charitable causes on the official site? I submit that it is because she is not doing so, that she is expected to work in some type of meaningful avocation by the family and that she simply is incapable of doing so. I just wonder how long it will take the family to realize that Beatrice has no intention of settling down and seems to quite enjoy her periphatic lifestyle.
The image she projects, rightly or wrongly, is that she is a dabbler, showing up for a photo op at this or that charity event, or getting together w/ a crew to do one of those physical trek/challenges for charity which are things other like minded people her age do for a lark, but have to pay for themselves rather than having their expenses paid by a charity. If you have read any of the biographies about her mother you will be aware that Sarah used charitable work as a way to fund her travels, and it's hardly surprising that folks are disappointed to see Beatrice apparently doing the same.
With all of that typed, I don't 'hate' Beatrice, but I am quite disappointed in her choices and I see much to be concerned about. In expressing these concerns, I am in no way defending similar choices by other Royals or even comparing her to them, except to note that she seems the least motivated and most pleasure bent of the lot.

I'm just wondering when she and Dave will make things official? They've been at this for some time now!

I assume you mean get engaged, because they're quite clearly partners.

Maybe they're both dreading the hype that goes along with a royal engagement and wedding, and putting it off as long as they can.

Maybe they are going to try and outdo William and Kate in the longest run up to an engagement.

LaRae

I don't know, I'm just wondering when they will put things on a more official footing. Dave is clearly in with Andrew, Sarah and Eugenie. Also, he seems to have a good relationship with the rest of the royals. Beatrice & Dave is clearly in love and they are very relaxed with their relationship in the public eye.

Several posts have been deleted because they were off-topic. This thread is about Princess Beatrice, not about other members of the Royal Family or who has the most or least holidays. People are also reminded to be civil towards one another and to resist bickering when differing views are in play.

Look, she is a nice young lady. None of them work, at jobs. Either she could be cutting ribbons and supporting charities, which is fine, or she can do what she is doing because she doesn't have to do anything to earn a living. Members of the Dutch Royal Family, actually work, for an employer.

The hat Princess Michael is wearing is a riot. Reminds me of an arrow-through-the head. :lol:

That looks like a fun wedding.:) I love the bride's outfit; it's so much more interesting than most wedding dresses. The guests are wearing some great outfits, too. Definitely an unconventional wedding and that really appeals to me.

I like Beatrice's deep blue mediaeval dress too. I can't help wondering why the press is publishing photos of her with odd expressions on her face at the moment. Surely they must have snapped some where she doesn't look like a startled rabbit.

I like Beatrice's deep blue mediaeval dress too. I can't help wondering why the press is publishing photos of her with odd expressions on her face at the moment. Surely they must have snapped some where she doesn't look like a startled rabbit.

Ah, showing how much 'like her mother' she is, methinks. :cool: Just this past week there were a series of photos showing Sarah doing the same faces she has been wont to do in the past. So now they show her daughter doing the same.

Seems to me that whoever took the pic wasn't so professional unlike the garden party ones where she looked good. Some of the Paps get right in her face for example here the last few seconds on the video one paparazzi won't stop getting in her face when she clearly trying to leave. So i can why sometimes she has that startled look ,I imagine thats what happens most times.

:previous: That really is an appalling way to treat people. Running in front of them and then propping so close and taking a flash photograph. I don't know why they're still allowed to get away with it.

Good lord that is awful. Now I know why VIP's I have previously thought rude for wearing sunglasses indoors or at night are forced to do so.

It looked like Beatrice was with a bodyguard rather than Dave and it also looks like he lost his cool after they had managed to cross the road.

And people say she could lead an "ordinary" life. :bang:

I thought she looked lovely at the wedding ... her hat was the least outlandish IMO

Seems to me that whoever took the pic wasn't so professional unlike the garden party ones where she looked good. Some of the Paps get right in her face for example here the last few seconds on the video one paparazzi won't stop getting in her face when she clearly trying to leave. So i can why sometimes she has that startled look ,I imagine thats what happens most times.

These are not single-click cameras they are using. :cool: The cameras whirr rapid-fire, clicking images one after another in split-seconds. The photographers/editors then look at their cache and make the decision what images to run. Their choices are very calculated, not at all random or sloppy. An unflattering picture is not chosen because - darn - it's the only one snapped. :rolleyes:

For every 'startled' picture of Beatrice, there were likely many that were perfectly normal. I am not going to judge that particular sequence, but generally there are 'agreements' (informal) as to where the paps will be located. Go that route and one will get snapped. There are ways to avoid the crush, though it can be fun, and if you're up for it, why not? Still not judging that sequence. I have no knowledge of it, just saying what can be the context. That particular sequence looked a bit unexpected, and yes, a good reason to wear sunglasses most of the time, if one is in that stratosphere of celebrity. (Actually, the most annoying are the non-professionals with their IPhones. At least with the pros the 'deal' is up-front and known. The other is usually by stealth and most definitely unknown).

Last edited:
. . . . . I am not going to judge that particular sequence, but generally there are 'agreements' (informal) as to where the paps will be located. Go that route and one will get snapped. There are ways to avoid the crush, though it can be fun, and if you're up for it, why not? Still not judging that sequence.
The last 'agreement' made with the media was the one allowing William to attend University without being tracked on campus. We are not dealing with "Gentlemen of the Press" but rather the paparazzi. I have heard William and Catherine are trying to protect George and Charlotte from the media through the law, but that is hearsay.

However, you imply that Beatrice had a choice. I would have to disagree. Paparazzi routinely stake out the front and back of popular restaurants and clubs and routinely dazzle those that leave via either exit, all in the hope they will get a perfect shot of "Someone who is somebody", and that can be big bucks.

The last 'agreement' made with the media was the one allowing William to attend University without being tracked on campus. We are not dealing with "Gentlemen of the Press" but rather the paparazzi. I have heard William and Catherine are trying to protect George and Charlotte from the media through the law, but that is hearsay.

You mis-understand what I was saying. At an event that many celebs will be attending, the informal agreement is not with the BRF or anyone in particular who is attending. It's simply let known that 'the paps will be at such-and-such' and so it is arranged. Generally, most do 'the walk' because it's fun, understanding that the paps won't be 'elsewhere'. :flowers:

However, you imply that Beatrice had a choice. I would have to disagree. Paparazzi routinely stake out the front and back of popular restaurants and clubs and routinely dazzle those that leave via either exit, all in the hope they will get a perfect shot of "Someone who is somebody", and that can be big bucks.

Your experience is different from mine, then, Marg. I was only speaking from what I know. I most certainly can be wrong. Frankly, my knowledge is limited in this area. I simply shared what I know from my (limited) experience. I do know that there are ways to avoid the paps. It takes some doing but generally the 'out' is possible because hosts/owners want to make it okay for their guests/patrons, both known and unknown. As stated, my experience is limited and what i feel I know may not be generally applicable. :flowers:

Last edited:
If you don't want to be photographed you can avoid it the key word here is popular clubs and restaurants which Bea would know there are paps hanging around. Funny how few pictures we see of other Royals out and about and I'm sure they do go out. Plenty of celebs manage to avoid being papped and Bea does when it suits her. It was a public wedding of a very rich man of course the paps would be there it would have been no surprise to anyone. I thought the white dress was way too short but was very understated unlike some of the other guests.

via @JamieCollabro may 29
Had a lovely conversation with Princess Beatrice about when we sand for @SarahTheDuchess at Windsor Castle. Beautiful evening/ great cause!

I have no idea which event he is talking about

I love Beatrice in the medieval dress. That wedding dress is... well, let's just say I don't like it.
And some of the outfits of the wedding guests are... Oh my...

I dunno about that wedding dress either. For some reason it reminds me of something Lwaxana Troi, daughter of the Fifth House, holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed. (character from Star Trek: The Next Generation) would wear. It does seem to have a "mystical" aura around it. :D

I dunno about that wedding dress either. For some reason it reminds me of something Lwaxana Troi, daughter of the Fifth House, holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed. (character from Star Trek: The Next Generation) would wear. It does seem to have a "mystical" aura around it. :D

:lol: That's funny, and so true! (I'm a ST:TNG fan, too. ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom