Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it-Mark Shand did incredible work with those amazing creatures. It's wonderful that Beatrice and Eugenie are going to do this!

GO BEA AND EUG!!:)

Beatrice, with her sister Eugenie, will participate in the five day race across India for Elephant Family. (According to the DM BP Garden story.) Each team must pledge to raise £10,000 for Elephant Family charity. Beatrice may be working to raise money for the charity. Beatrice and Eugenie have previously worked for Mark Shand's charity.

I think this is splendid news. It's a cause for which I have a soft spot and I will support the fund-raiser. If you could see all the statues and pictures of Indian elephants in my house, you'd probably think I was quite loopy. :D

Last edited:
I didn't know the Queen paid for her dress to Zara's wedding. How did you find out that? Did she pick it too ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
At the time reports were that after the ridicule the girl's suffered based on their appearance at William and Catherine's wedding the Queen offered the services of Angela Kelly who does many of the Queen's outfits to dress the Princesses for Zara's wedding. And, IMO, she did a lovely job for both York Princesses.

Beatrice, with her sister Eugenie, will participate in the five day race across India for Elephant Family. (According to the DM BP Garden story.) Each team must pledge to raise £10,000 for Elephant Family charity. Beatrice may be working to raise money for the charity. Beatrice and Eugenie have previously worked for Mark Shand's charity.
I remember reading that Princess Eugenie attended the charity auction in New York for Mark Shand's charity on the night he died - but haven't read of any other work the girls have done for Shand's charity.

Regarding William's alleged dislike of Dave Clark - I think that's just made up pot stirring. William and Dave have some mutual friends, but seem to have very different interests. William has his flying, polo and he and Catherine seem quite sporty and country loving home bodies. Beatrice and Dave seem more interested in traveling with the 'high society' crowd and in attending red carpet type events. They seem more city types. William is a married parent of young children, Dave is a bachelor with a famous girlfriend and very wealthy friends. From the photos of Zara's wedding party on the Britainia William and Dave seemed affable, but given their different stages in life and interests it's not surprising that they aren't best mates.

Country aristocrats vs uptown socialites. Tale as old as time ;)

Cue the story in the Daily Mail about Beatrice taking another luxury holiday.

Good luck to the two Princesses and the others raising money for this charity.

At the time reports were that after the ridicule the girl's suffered based on their appearance at William and Catherine's wedding the Queen offered the services of Angela Kelly who does many of the Queen's outfits to dress the Princesses for Zara's wedding. And, IMO, she did a lovely job for both York Princesses.

As I recall, right after the wedding debacle, we suddenly saw Beatrice in some very lovely pieces. I thought the rumor was Andrew hired the stylist, but it was obvious somebody took a hand in helping the York girls find themselves, wardrobe-wise.

No loving grandmother whether she is queen or housewife wants to her grandaughters ridiculed or embarrassed much less make the family that way. If it happened this way would not be suprised one bit. I would say a mama should be the one but, yeah ,not so much here. Maybe Sophie added some advise as she is closeish to the Yorks and the queen also.

No loving grandmother whether she is queen or housewife wants to her grandaughters ridiculed or embarrassed much less make the family that way. If it happened this way would not be suprised one bit. I would say a mama should be the one but, yeah ,not so much here. Maybe Sophie added some advise as she is closeish to the Yorks and the queen also.

We do know there had to be an intervention - we just don't know who.:lol:

Actually that debacle with the hat at Will and Kate's wedding showed me what kind of stuff Beatrice is made out of. OK. Like most, when I first saw Bea on TV for the wedding, I gawked and thought "what the hell is that thing on her head" and I imagine that was pretty much the normal response. Days upon days had articles about "that" hat and That Hat suddenly was an iconic type thing recognized around the world. Now, if I had made a blunder like that I would have wanted to crawl under the nearest rock for a few years but not our Bea. She took it in stride and used That Hat to a very positive ends by auctioning it off for charity.

That takes guts.

Beatrice is a blue blood Royal .. She is assured and confident in herself and style, for better or worse and pragmatic it seems... Ugly hat? Make money for your cause!

Osipi
Actually that debacle with the hat at Will and Kate's wedding showed me what kind of stuff Beatrice is made out of. OK. Like most, when I first saw Bea on TV for the wedding, I gawked and thought "what the hell is that thing on her head" and I imagine that was pretty much the normal response. Days upon days had articles about "that" hat and That Hat suddenly was an iconic type thing recognized around the world. Now, if I had made a blunder like that I would have wanted to crawl under the nearest rock for a few years but not our Bea. She took it in stride and used That Hat to a very positive ends by auctioning it off for charity.

amaryllus
Beatrice is a blue blood Royal .. She is assured and confident in herself and style, for better or worse and pragmatic it seems... Ugly hat? Make money for your cause

True, I like your guys input. :) She does seem to have confidence . People always criticize her style and looks. She could have easily give into the pressure and had some sort of plastic surgery, etc, yet she hasn't. I think thats why I like about her confidence and her will not to give into pressures of the outside world that and her charity work. Sure, she isn't no saint, but not a bad person to admire in my opinion.

Back on topic to her current affairs, I have noticed that its quite often that Beatrice pops up in current events and doing this for this charity and that for another one (along with Eugenie sometimes). This latest endeavor with the race in India for Elephant Family shows me that she's doing all of this not because she's trying to worm her way into doing official royal duties or because it just might have a nice vacation attached to it but because she actually cares and wants to support the cause.

Another angle to look at is that, in this respect, its a familial thing as Mark Shand (Camilla's brother) started the whole thing. It makes me think that there is a closeness of accepting Camilla and her family into the royal fold in their private lives and Beatrice and Eugenie are honoring his memory along with the remarkable work he's accomplished in his lifetime.

Yes! Yes! I have always thought and will continue to think until given reason not to Beatrice is a genuinely sweet if sheltered woman who wants to make a difference where and when she can and make people happy. I can see her doing this most certainly.

I don't know whether or not Beatrice is sweet, but I'm starting to think she is not all that bright.

Once again, the DM has a scathing article about Beatrice's current trip to the Bahamas, accompanied by plenty or irritated comments.

I know people will say she is independently wealthy and can do as she pleases, but it makes her look so spoiled and self-absorbed, and it reflects badly on the BRF.

Mmm 15 holidays in under 7 months ? Great life if you can get it.

The way I see it, nobody on a "real life" scale who's living their day to day life is going to care two ounces how many holidays she's been or, whether she's working or not and anything else the DM splashes about. It hardly reflects badly on the BRF because nobody knows who she is. Unless you're an avid royal follower, she's just a name on an article really. The DM constantly pick on her because it gets the lunchtime readers who have nothing better to do than cause a stir. Most of the people that comment still think we pay for everything Beatrice does.

Yes it is her business but I'm not sure most people wouldn't know she is Andrews and Sarah's daughter. IMO
I don't think she will ever change so I'm sure there will many many more holidays. So we will all get over talking about it

So not the best example I know but, on a popular television show in the UK a question was asked how many children does The Queen have 9 out of 10 people asked said she had 3. I honestly believe more people know who Paul O Grady is than Princess Beatrice.

Yes it is her business but I'm not sure most people wouldn't know she is Andrews and Sarah's daughter. IMO
I don't think she will ever change so I'm sure there will many many more holidays. So we will all get over talking about it

I am assuming that Beatrice will have been aware of the negative reports earlier this year concerning her holidays and the associated criticism she has received in the press, but maybe I am wrong and she has no idea about.
Nonetheless, I am a little uncomfortable about her having another holiday - I don't care so much who paid for it, but it is the symbolism that worries me and that people will see it as extravagant.

But this is the lifestyle she chooses to have and we do indeed have to get over it and leave it to her to deal with and accept that it could have an affect on how she is viewed.

I hope she's gets married soon and has a family. But I think she might be enjoying this lifestyle too much to settle down.

I hope she's gets married soon and has a family. But I think she might be enjoying this lifestyle too much to settle down.

Oh to be young, rich and free again as opposed to the old, broke and stupid I am now. :D

I am assuming that Beatrice will have been aware of the negative reports earlier this year concerning her holidays and the associated criticism she has received in the press, but maybe I am wrong and she has no idea about.
Nonetheless, I am a little uncomfortable about her having another holiday - I don't care so much who paid for it, but it is the symbolism that worries me and that people will see it as extravagant.

But this is the lifestyle she chooses to have and we do indeed have to get over it and leave it to her to deal with and accept that it could have an affect on how she is viewed.

Though I agree with you, I doubt that a change in her lifestyle would change how she is viewed. The people who criticize her would still criticize and complain. For some people she can do no right.:sad: And they are very vocal.

:previous:

So true.

The comments and criticism would typically go like this:
Beatrice has a job - she's taking one from someone who actually needs it, is using her connections
Beatrice doesn't have a job - get a job you lazy leech on the tax-payer!

Beatrice has tax-payer paid security - she's not important, what a waste of the tax-payer's money
Beatrice doesn't have tax-payer paid security - no need to use facts, everyone still thinks the tax-payer funds it so see the point above

Beatrice does charity work - why is she doing it? She's not a part of the "long-term" Firm, she should get a clue that they don't want her
Beatrice doesn't do charity work - get a job you lazy leech on the tax-payer!

Overall, if I were Beatrice I would do what makes me happy and not give two stuffs what the press thinks/writes about me. The Queen - who is touted as being Master and Commander - clearly doesn't have a problem with Beatrice's current doings, so why should anyone else?

This is 2015, people are no longer attached to their desks. They can work at the beach, at a ski resort, on a boat, all they need is a tablet or lap top.

Beatrice could very well have a job that she can do anywhere in the world from her laptop.

She could be writing a book or maybe she is doing work for her charities through her lap tap.

She is 26 years old.

JezzRulz, duchesschicana, QueenCamilla, you are all right. Unfortunately, there is a large number of factual and reality challenged among us. There can be no truth if it does not condemn, there can be no honesty unless they honestly hate her. I was a bit slow on the uptake as to what a "hater" is and been reluctant to confront that issue.

In the eyes of a hater there is nothing Beatrice can do that is good, there is nothing decent, honest, worthy or just plain old-fashioned nice. She, her mother and father are the royal holy grail for haters and sometimes you just have to let it go because it's toxic and when you carry that burden it corrodes the spirit..

Beatrice is a lovely, educated, friendly and, on occasion, charismatic young woman. It is humbling to see how sunny natured she is, how she positively glows with the sheer joy of being alive, despite the vitriol heaped on her. The fact that she wants to share with young dyslexics is laudable, she doesn't have to do it, but she honestly does it out of the sheer goodness of her heart.

I think that's what really gets the miserable haters going.

Couldn't have said it better Marg. I enjoy her charity work even shown my support for the forget me not hospice, I would never about the hospice if it wasn't for her. anyways I noticed a little bit about the DM saying she has more events lined up, hope it's true.

It seems like Bea and Dave are back in London

via@JimCourtovich:

Back from London today for dinner with....Brits and locals. @dcgalactic pamjphillips @ Le Poisson Bleu

There's a photo of dave having dinner with them and other photo from a day ago from Le Poisson Bleu, London

Last edited:
I know people will say she is independently wealthy and can do as she pleases, but it makes her look so spoiled and self-absorbed, and it reflects badly on the BRF.

She's also in a relationship with a wealthy boyfriend. One assumes that she goes where he goes and it's not an issue whether she pays or not. :flowers:

Given the longevity of their affair, her companion likely is 'making her way smooth'. Makes sense to me.

Princess Beatrice's public charity work is not listed in the Court Circular.

Princess Beatrice could be attending several meeting a week with her charities that are not public with no record of them.

IIRC, Sophie's had about 100 meetings and they were listed in the Court Circular.

If all of Beatrice's duties, meetings and charity work were listed in the Court Circular that might prove she is not a party girl.

Another case of double standard against Beatrice.

Princess Beatrice's public charity work is not listed in the Court Circular.

Princess Beatrice could be attending several meeting a week with her charities that are not public with no record of them.

IIRC, Sophie's had about 100 meetings and they were listed in the Court Circular.

If all of Beatrice's duties, meetings and charity work were listed in the Court Circular that might prove she is not a party girl.

Another case of double standard against Beatrice.

Yes I'm sure whoever does the CC has it in for her and leaves her out to be mean!!!!! Do you really think this is the case ? ??

I could careless about how many vacations Beatrice takes. She's not a senior working royal. She seems like a very nice and well raised young lady. She's more than willing to help her grandparents out anytime- have done so- but haven't received any credit for it. Whatever job she'll take on, I'm sure she will do a great job. One must remember, a lot goes on behind the scenes that we don't know a thing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom