Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bottom line on Beatrice is that she doesnt owe the British tax payers anything. She doesnt have to do a thing which appeases the frankly bullying UK press and Anti-Andrew brigand (including some found on some forums)

Some say if she wants to be private then she should drop the title. Ok - then she will be known as Beatrice York - formerly called Princess Beatrice. So there is no point. Born with her, stays with her. We need to be realistic about it.

I think she is trying to get into employment which is highly competitive which may be part of the issue

Beatrice is also dyslexic and this could also be impacting on her employability.

She is being bullied out of the UK by a disgraceful press pack who should know better.

And while I'm on a rant (sorry folks) that is the same media who are now demanding that Prince George is available on demand. I'm with William - keep him out of their way as long as possible. And God help any Princess of Cambridge. The pack will be after her from Day 1.

Sorry for going off topic. :flowers:

Last edited:
We don't know how much 'her own money' she has. We know that Sarah's divorce settlement included about 1 million pounds for a trust fund for each of her daughters but ... she has also said that she has had to 'raid' the daughter's trust funds - hopefully not the capital but only the interest.
We certainly don't know how much money she has, nor is it any of our business. It staggers me the sheer arrogance of those who demand to know every intimate and private thing about her life as if it's their right. It's not, it's just plain nosey.
She isn't even trying to find work associated with her degree - which again points to badly being advised on her future.
And you know this how? Oh, I know, she's started posting the story of her life on Facebook. :lol:
Eugenie has shown stickability in a job but Beatrice hasn't shown that.
And isn't it great that the only way she can achieve this is to leave the country. Somehow I don't think this is going to be a long term solution. Her family is in UK and so is her boyfriend, I think.

We certainly don't know how much money she has, nor is it any of our business. It staggers me the sheer arrogance of those who demand to know every intimate and private thing about her life as if it's their right. It's not, it's just plain nosey.

I agree and even said 'we don't know how much she has'. It makes no difference how much she has - she is the Queen's granddaughter and has to live a life that shows that she appreciates that position and behave accordingly.

And you know this how? Oh, I know, she's started posting the story of her life on Facebook. :lol:

Her degree is in History and History of Ideas.

She is seeking jobs in finance and business.

She isn't therefore seeking jobs associated with her degree.

Any decent careers advisor would have advised her to do a degree in an area associated with what her job interests were - she hasn't matched her job interests to her degree.

That shows that either she was advised badly OR she is stupid and simply believes that she can get any job with a History degree. Knowing, from personal experience how hard History degrees are to get (I have a BA, MA and am currently working on my PhD in History) I don't believe she is stupid so she was badly advised about her future.

And isn't it great that the only way she can achieve this is to leave the country. Somehow I don't think this is going to be a long term solution. Her family is in UK and so is her boyfriend, I think.

As Harry is also indicating that he is possibly going to locate at least for part of the time out of the UK it is suggestive that this is the way forward. This is because the British public really don't want the younger royals at all - they are happy with William and Kate and there 200 or so engagements a year but see no need for other younger royals so Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie need to spread out of the UK to even get jobs etc. Eugenie's job was supposed to be for less than a year before she was to re-locate back to London with the company but she is still in NY. Just because her boyfriend is in the UK doesn't mean that he will stay there.

And you know this how? Oh, I know, she's started posting the story of her life on Facebook. :lol: And isn't it great that the only way she can achieve this is to leave the country. Somehow I don't think this is going to be a long term solution. Her family is in UK and so is her boyfriend, I think.

It's interesting you bring up boyfriends. When Eugenie relocated to NYC there was a big discussion on this site about what that meant for her future with Jack Brooksbank.

Now I guess we can ask what this means about Beatrice and Dave. Will Dave move to NYC as well? Will they try a long distance relationship and keep marriage on the back burner? Will they take a "break" and see if the pastures are greener?

It's a pretty massive decision to move away from your partner of 8 1/2 years.

I am coming round to the opinion that Beatrice really has no idea what she wants to do. She doesn't hold down jobs for more than about 9 - 10 months (twice) and then takes about a year off in between jobs before getting another one.

Of course, it is an assumption that she quit both her jobs. There was never any confirmation, either from BP or her former employers, that she resigned. Do we really know if, in her first role in Finance, whether she was on an internship, and never offered a permanent role after it finished. Alternately, might she have been let go?

Her degree is in History and History of Ideas but she wants to work in finance and business - which doesn't really go with her degree.

She screams to me that the family didn't give her appropriate advice when she entered university or earlier about her role in the family so she followed William's lead and did a degree she enjoyed studying while at uni (nothing wrong with that) with the expectation that she would be working for The Firm but now, half a decade on, that hasn't materialised and she is left unable to get a job, no worthwhile resume (employers don't like to see people leaving after such a short period of time and then doing nothing for over a year before trying another job).

In the UK, students often, for their undergrad degree, study a subject they do not directly use in their careers. For example, in the City, it is not at all unusual to see students who studied PP&E (Politics, Philosophy & Economics) at Oxford or Theology or History. The banks train them in the specific skills required.

I also just think this is a case of Beatrice not being particularly career focused, and lunging from one role to another, without any real intention of making a career. Not unusual for a wealthy young girl, but a pity, IMO!

She doesn't live with Andrew in London at all.

She has her own apartment in St James' where she lives with Dave.

Andrew has an apartment in BP for when he is in London. Most of the time he lives at Royal Lodge at Windsor.

Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't sure if she was officially residing with Andrew or not. If you are correct, there is even less reason for people to criticize her--she doesn't cost the taxpayers anything.

Yes, she is the Queen's granddaughter but she had no choice about that. As long as she isn't taking anything from anyone, she should be able to make the same choices other people do--unless the taxpayers (or those criticizing her) want to step up and start paying her bills.

Last edited:
Getting out of the UK is the best thing that can happen for Beatrice IMO.

And in regards to her major...if I had a dime for everyone that I know that studied something in college and ended up doing something else for their careers:bang:

She is criticized for working and criticized when she doesn't work.
Rightly or wrongly, she will never win with some in the British public [and some here as well]. If you read the DM comments [yes, consider the source] regarding the Duke of Kent and his recent hospitalization...that will tell you all you need to know about some people. Not taking into consideration his military career and despite his tremendous support of the Queen and the Commonwealth in the last 40 years of his life...and almost scandal free private life....he gets called a sponger and a freeloader.:ermm:

That is what Beatrice has too look forward to. Yes, she has been blessed by her position and her wealth but it hasn't done her any favors either. I say get the heck out of England until she figures out what she wants to do.

It's interesting you bring up boyfriends. When Eugenie relocated to NYC there was a big discussion on this site about what that meant for her future with Jack Brooksbank.

Now I guess we can ask what this means about Beatrice and Dave. Will Dave move to NYC as well? Will they try a long distance relationship and keep marriage on the back burner? Will they take a "break" and see if the pastures are greener?

It's a pretty massive decision to move away from your partner of 8 1/2 years.

I may be wrong about this, but Beatrice and Dave seem to be much more committed than Eugenie and Jack.

British Royals @britishroyals · 4h 4 hours ago
Could Princess Beatrice be moving to America? Boyfriend Dave Clark resigns from Virgin & has been poached by US-based @Uber (The Sun)

What rubbish in the DM no Andrew doesn't prefer to call her HRH that is her title.

Still, how does she afford this lifestyle?
I can see Dave Clark funding a bit, and Andrew funding a lot, but a lifestyle like that costs a fortune, even with rich friends picking up some of the tab.

Unless Beatrice has an enormous trust fund, I have to wonder where the money comes from? The article hints it comes (indirectly through Andrew) from the Queen.
But the Queen is no advocate of a sybaritic lifestyle, and I can't see her underwriting it.

Air Miles Andy is not doing his elder daughter any favours by stating on his official web page that "Princess Beatrice works full time in business."

Are the dates correct in the DM article? Because if they are, it just doesn't look good.

The DM has reported most of these holidays at the time so the dates would be right. The only one that I hadn't seen reported in the DM before was the trip to China after the Grand Prix trip.

Not saying bea doesn't like the luxury life, who wouldn't? She seems to ardor it, she loves holidays. However, two of these holidays happened in 2014. Not that it makes much difference, she vacations a lot . I can see why they mushed it together since it was close to january? She does herself no favors , They probably aren't too far off from the truth though, bea makes it easy for them to label her as such because she lives a luxury filled life. As for the recent easter holiday, I don't buy it, for now. First off the photo they used is back in 2012, from what I've seen could be wrong there could be more photos. The original article reporting this is the the sun, which isn't known to be reliable, least in my book. Not saying she's not floating to one vacation to another, just pointing things out

Interestingly enough on other news of Bea, the telegraph has reported:

Beatrice recently completed a finance course at a university in San Francisco and has said she is keen to build on her time working with the London investment firm Cabot Square Capital, where she spent a year in 2012.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...S-move-following-criticism-over-her-role.html

Don't know if it's true or not or if someone else mentioned it

Last edited:
I like Beatrice and I've always defended her, but the vacations are undefendable IMO. I 'm hoping to see if she really is keeping something for the future.

I like Beatrice and I've always defended her, but the vacations are undefendable IMO. I 'm hoping to see if she really is keeping something for the future.

This is the obvious sign of a direction-less girl, going from one no-future role to another. Whilst she is perfectly entitled to live like this, and we are really ought not to be entitled to criticise her as she does not carry out royal engagements nor is she supported by the public purse, it just seems like such a waste in today's world. Here is a girl with a whole life ahead of her, but just does not appear to have any determination to make something of it.

This is the obvious sign of a direction-less girl, going from one no-future role to another. Whilst she is perfectly entitled to live like this, and we are really ought not to be entitled to criticise her as she does not carry out royal engagements nor is she supported by the public purse, it just seems like such a waste in today's world. Here is a girl with a whole life ahead of her, but just does not appear to have any determination to make something of it.

Fully agree. I, in away, feel a bit of a pity for her, because she clearly has not indea of what to do or what role she should take in... I think she is much more confortable at doing a full time royal and carrying out engagements, but she knows it can't be like that. And I fear she really doesn't feel confortable in a work.

There's an old expression from, I think, a song that my mom always used to used. "I'm a lonely petunia in an onion patch". With Beatrice going to work as intern in various places, I can imagine that her roles and duties on the job wouldn't be one of a top notch position and perhaps even on the same scale as working with other interns. I wonder just how well she "fit" in with the other employees. It would have been no secret that she was princess and her grandmother is the Queen. Would the others have kept their distance? Would they accept her as just another employee? Would the weekends she went on that made the papers set her apart? I'm sure everyone treated her well but sometimes there is an undercurrent that can be felt easier when one is different among others in some way.

Its easy to look at and analyze the jobs she's had and the length of service at a job and add the weekend jaunts and trips together and come up with a physical picture and then deem Bea to be lazy, not wanting to work or use the label party princess but do any of us really know the why of her actions? I'm thinking it may be that she's not found a situation where she feels totally comfortable. One of Bea's perks is that unlike the majority of the human race, she doesn't have to grin and bear it at a job because she needs to pay rent, buy food and sustain herself or a family with her paychecks (or as an intern, not get paid at all). Some of us shop around at many stores before we find "the" dress and this just may be the case with Beatrice.

As far as the Andy's website, perhaps they've just not gotten around to updating Beatrice's profile yet. Who knows?

But...how do we know she is not supported by the public purse?
As I've said before, her lifestyle is an expensive one, and the money has got to be coming from somewhere. I can't believe her trust fund would cover it, I've always heard it was rather modest (for a member of the RF).

At any rate, it provokes comment from a certain segment of the public who feel the monarchy should be abolished. It does the RF no good.

I'll be the one to say it: it makes her look spoiled, and greedy, and invites comparisons with her parents, particularly her mother.

Last edited:
As I've said before, her lifestyle is an expensive one, and the money has got to be coming from somewhere. I can't believe her trust fund would cover it, I've always heard it was rather modest (for a member of the RF).

Perhaps her lifestyle, although it looks very grand and expensive, isn't as costly as one might assume. Its been stated that a lot of times, when she goes somewhere, she has friends and its their homes and yachts etc where she stays. It also stands to reason that traveling with Dave as an employee of Virgin Galatic would get some deep discounts on air travel. Other than perhaps the cost of dining out and ski lifts and such, these trips might not cost Beatrice much. We don't hear of $4,000 a night rooms at the Swank Hotel or a $50,000 rental of a tropical beach home but its more she was spotted skiing or on a boat with other friends etc.

Why shouldn't Beatrice live her life as she pleases? Life is much longer now than when many people married and reproduced in their early twenties and died by seventy. She potentially has another 70 years of life ahead of her, and this is the only time she will be young. Many of us would have chosen this lifestyle in our mid-twenties. And as for money, isn't PA said to be worth 60-80 million (pounds?dollars?)? He can certainly afford to support her luxurious lifestyle.

As to her 'directionless' career path- I rather hated my job at 26, and it didn't pay well. If I had been a princess with a wealthy family, I would have certainly quit it and just been a playgirl. It's not unlawful or even dubious to be a socialite. She's unlikely to move up the line of succession, so the criticism of some is meaningless to her, surely.

And perhaps, just perhaps, she is really unable to do a complex and meaningful job? There are ambitious and talented young people who are hungering for those precious opportunities.

A wasted life is not one in which the person enjoys life, stays healthy, doesn't create havoc or trouble for herself or others. Beatrice seems to be a placid person, well-loved by many. She doesn't have to be a high-powered career person to have a successful life. And she certainly doesn't have to hold down a low-level uninteresting job to be successful.

Last edited:
There might be a feeling as well among co-workers that she doesn't really 'need' to work and is just filling in time. When/if she settles in the States, we might be surprised with what she accomplishes.:flowers:

It would have been no secret that she was princess and her grandmother is the Queen. Would the others have kept their distance? Would they accept her as just another employee? Would the weekends she went on that made the papers set her apart? I'm sure everyone treated her well but sometimes there is an undercurrent that can be felt easier when one is different among others in some way.

There's an old expression from, I think, a song that my mom always used to used. "I'm a lonely petunia in an onion patch". With Beatrice going to work as intern in various places, I can imagine that her roles and duties on the job wouldn't be one of a top notch position and perhaps even on the same scale as working with other interns. I wonder just how well she "fit" in with the other employees. It would have been no secret that she was princess and her grandmother is the Queen. Would the others have kept their distance? Would they accept her as just another employee? Would the weekends she went on that made the papers set her apart? I'm sure everyone treated her well but sometimes there is an undercurrent that can be felt easier when one is different among others in some way.

Its easy to look at and analyze the jobs she's had and the length of service at a job and add the weekend jaunts and trips together and come up with a physical picture and then deem Bea to be lazy, not wanting to work or use the label party princess but do any of us really know the why of her actions? I'm thinking it may be that she's not found a situation where she feels totally comfortable. One of Bea's perks is that unlike the majority of the human race, she doesn't have to grin and bear it at a job because she needs to pay rent, buy food and sustain herself or a family with her paychecks (or as an intern, not get paid at all). Some of us shop around at many stores before we find "the" dress and this just may be the case with Beatrice.

As far as the Andy's website, perhaps they've just not gotten around to updating Beatrice's profile yet. Who knows?

My first reaction to this is "cry me a river" and "puh-leez." Look, everyone has difficulties, whether they're a princess or a pauper, but doesn't it say some thing about this girl's character that she doesn't seem to have a purpose, a drive, a cause, a passion for something useful and discernible?

Perhaps her lifestyle, although it looks very grand and expensive, isn't as costly as one might assume. Its been stated that a lot of times, when she goes somewhere, she has friends and its their homes and yachts etc where she stays. It also stands to reason that traveling with Dave as an employee of Virgin Galatic would get some deep discounts on air travel. Other than perhaps the cost of dining out and ski lifts and such, these trips might not cost Beatrice much. We don't hear of $4,000 a night rooms at the Swank Hotel or a $50,000 rental of a tropical beach home but its more she was spotted skiing or on a boat with other friends etc.

1. It isn't just about the cost-it's about what it says about her access and privilege that 99% of other people don't have and could never have.

2. It costs a lot to "keep up with the Joneses," so it she may have been able to stay some places for free, but let's not pretend that these escapades don't come with a great deal of expense.

Why shouldn't Beatrice live her life as she pleases? Life is much longer now than when many people married and reproduced in their early twenties and died by seventy. She potentially has another 70 years of life ahead of her, and this is the only time she will be young. Many of us would have chosen this lifestyle in our mid-twenties. And as for money, isn't PA said to be worth 60-80 million (pounds?dollars?)? He can certainly afford to support her luxurious lifestyle.

As to her 'directionless' career path- I rather hated my job at 26, and it didn't pay well. If I had been a princess with a wealthy family, I would have certainly quit it and just been a playgirl. It's not unlawful or even dubious to be a socialite. She's unlikely to move up the line of succession, so the criticism of some is meaningless to her, surely.

And perhaps, just perhaps, she is really unable to do a complex and meaningful job? There are ambitious and talented young people who are hungering for those precious opportunities.

A wasted life is not one in which the person enjoys life, stays healthy, doesn't create havoc or trouble for herself or others. Beatrice seems to be a placid person, well-loved by many. She doesn't have to be a high-powered career person to have a successful life. And she certainly doesn't have to hold down a low-level uninteresting job to be successful.

This is the 21st century, not Downton Abbey. While she may absolutely have the right to this lifestyle, it will and does bring substantial controversy to her and her family.

I'm not so sure; PA might have a lot of money's worth, but he could still have a cash flow problem.
If he really had tons of ready money, why would Fergie have gone through that cringe-worthy scramble of trading access for $$$? Why not just ask Andrew?

I don't think Andrew has nearly as much cash available as many people think.

I really feel sorry for Princess Beatrice. While Princess Eugenie seems to enjoy having a life of work out of the Firm, Princess Beatrice strikes me as someone who'd like to have a role like that of Princess Alexandra - and I do think she's suitable for such a role.

In my opinion, she'll eventually settle down as a housewife and stay at home mother, which is a totally valid life choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom