Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto with the last posts above! I like her very much and she seems to be working and to do charities works... She shouldn't be oblige since she is far down the line of succession but guess what she sure works more than others!

I like her very much, too. She seems a delightful young lady to me. She has a job and she seems to do quite a bit of charity work and has for years. She always has a smile on her face for the cameras and has maintained a long-term relationship with a fellow who also seems very nice. Neither she nor her sister (nor her mother) seem to care very much about fashion but I actually find that rather endearing.

Neither she nor her sister (nor her mother) seem to care very much about fashion but I actually find that rather endearing.

I wouldn't say that; I think she does care but has learned not to take the criticisms to heart.

(Now Princess Anne is really someone who doesn't care! Good for her!)

Look, she is a lovely young lady, but the jacket doesn't fit her. She seems to work hard and since by the "job" she is forced to be photographed, if she cares dress better. If like Anne she doesn't care, then don't.

I wouldn't say that; I think she does care but has learned not to take the criticisms to heart.

(Now Princess Anne is really someone who doesn't care! Good for her!)

OK. Perhaps she cares about fashion, but doesn't care - or doesn't have the ability to determine - whether or not the fashion she likes suits her, or how to combine two or three or more fashionable items to good effect. :) Whatever the case, I don't think anyone's going to say she has impeccable dress sense, but that's fine to me and not a flaw.

Beatrice attended a dinner for the label TOUJOURI hosted by Amber Le Bon, Alice Naylor-Leyland and Creative Director Lama El Moatassem in London yesterday, November 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
Princess Beatrice will attend York Theatre Royal to learn more about the venue, and its upcoming redevelopment next week.

Princess Beatrice will attend York Theatre Royal to learn more about the venue, and its upcoming redevelopment next week.

I read that Beatrice actually volunteered to be their patron (they hadn't asked for one) and they were delighted.
It's nice that she has ties to York.

You and me both, I love to collect tea cups and tea pots, when are we having a tea party Roseroyal? :flowers::):flowers:

First- I wonder if actor Robert Hardy will be there. He was at one time a patron of YTR- don't know if he still is! It would be awesome if B became patron of the Herriot Center.
@ SE- We were talking about the teacup ride at Disney! LOL!

Last edited:
:previous: It's unfortunate that this information got out. Salaries are kept confidential for a reason: to prevent hard feelings among employees.:ermm:

In this life there are no boundaries, no lines in the sand, nothing is private and anything they can find out by illegal means will be published. I guess that's one step better than just plain making it up . . . no, it's not. Either one is vile. :bang:

In this life there are no boundaries, no lines in the sand, nothing is private and anything they can find out by illegal means will be published. I guess that's one step better than just plain making it up . . . no, it's not. Either one is vile. :bang:

Makes me think that although we've advanced in leaps and bounds in technology, we've not advanced that much as a civilization. Sad.

We've become a society of "witch hunters" online public commenting, liking unliking and sharing has become our tools for burning the hunted.

If Beatrice works shes burnt if she doesnt work shes burnt.
As the gap between rich and poor becomes wider the general public becomes more dissatisfied and resentful lashing out where they can.

It makes me sad that this young woman should bear the brunt of the uglier side of our society. The focussing on the negative aspect of her life not the positive things that she does.

Young people today are highly critical of others are less tolerant of imperfection and prepared to hurt for the sake of their rights to say what they want.

They no longer offer seats to elderly on the train, they cant handle advice or the offer of an alternate view.

They have grown up in the anonymous world of the web where they can spew forth from the safety of their bedrooms with little consideration of the damage they do.

I have just read the comments that went with that article this is what saddens me the pure hate and resentment of this poor girls position. Resenting her privledge but never actually acknowledging the difficulty that comes with it.

This hack is just media fodder theres not even a story in it. She has been employed at a reasonable rate that pays her for the work that she does. So what? If she did no work they would be calling her a lazy freeloader and if she does work they are saying shes taking work off someone else.

What is she supposed to do?

:previous: Hacking is illegal. Why is it acceptable for the media to print information obtained illegally?

:previous: Because the perpetrators have released far more dangerous information illegally obtained without being hunted down and dealt with. 'There are more important "crimes" out there' than being hacked it seems, so royalty and celebrity are, and will remain, targets of opportunity.

Basically there seems to be an almost total breakdown of the rules of a civilised world and making the 'olds' stand in the bus is but the least of it. It seems we have bred a generation of amoral borderline sociopaths who recognise few boundaries. Not to mention media hacks who don't even bother to check their work before publishing.

Last edited:
I agree with much that has been said here about the hacking of such sensitive and ultimately private information. The problem with today's world is that technology is advancing and changing at a quicker pace than laws, rules, customs and morals can cope with and it is a case of anything goes.
I don't want to generalise, but I think Marg has hit the nail on the head in that we have in our midst a generation of people who have absolutely no sense whatsoever of proportion or of anything outside the periphery of their own little worlds. Recently a young woman working at my partners firm on contract refused an offer to be made permanent because she had a better offer elsewhere - fair enough, good for her. But two months later when she decided she didn't like her new job and preferred her original one, she phoned up to ask for her old job back and then was shocked to to be refused - as if the world should have waited upon her whims!
Back to the topic, I hope that Princess Beatrice sticks with her job and makes as much of a career from it as she can.

:previous: Because the perpetrators have released far more dangerous information illegally obtained without being hunted down and dealt with. 'There are more important "crimes" out there' than being hacked it seems, so royalty and celebrity are, and will remain, targets of opportunity.

Basically there seems to be an almost total breakdown of the rules of a civilised world and making the 'olds' stand in the bus is but the least of it. It seems we have bred a generation of amoral borderline sociopaths who recognise few boundaries. Not to mention media hacks who don't even bother to check their work before publishing.

Marg, your assessment of what is happening is right on target. When I see some of these celebs doing instant pictures of themselves it makes me cringe as to why they would even do that for they are inviting the nasty people of the world into their own private place which they shouldn't do. This is inviting trouble because now there are no rules or laws to live by, it's almost like this is a free society and everything and anything goes. Where is the decency and morals of today's youth, there just isn't any and parents aren't teaching their children what is right and what is wrong in the way of living a decent life...........

Please note that posts regarding the identity of those who hacked the Sony website have been deleted. While I understand the context, its not necessary to go down the slippery slope of who is responsible.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Please note that posts regarding the identity of those who hacked the Sony website have been deleted. While I understand the context, its not necessary to go down the slippery slope of who is responsible.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Thanks Zonk. The important thing is that Beatrice was not the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom