Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was quite surprised to not see Beatrice at Trooping. I assume she'll show up at Ascot. This article reports that she'll be visiting the Isle of Wight 6/16
Isle of Wight: Princess Beatrice to visit the Isle of Wight
According to this she hasn't been spotted at Sony since January
Princess Beatrice Of York Takes On More Royal Duties; Has She Left Her Internship? : The Eye : Fashion & Style

Looking forward to this.
I hope Beatrice will visit Forget me not Child hospice in Yorkshire soon- and maybe bring " Siegfried" along!:D

:)Princess B looked really sharp in her trench coat today. I loved the color on her, and the style is so chic.............very nice Princess B, very nice indeed! Keep it up...............

Not a fan of the style of coat...makes her look rather blocky without shape. Love the color!

LaRae

Not a fan of the style of coat...makes her look rather blocky without shape. Love the color!

LaRae

She looks very nice. Neither she nor her sister are attractive in today's sense. They are heavier than girls their age and seem to have no taste in clothes. That being said, I think she looks fine. Tailored and neat.

I don't care that they are more curvy, I like it that they aren't stick thin...but they should wear clothes that look the best for their shape and that coat does nothing for her. It makes her look blocky and shapeless.

LaRae

I don't care that they are more curvy, I like it that they aren't stick thin...but they should wear clothes that look the best for their shape and that coat does nothing for her. It makes her look blocky and shapeless.
LaRae

I agree. That coat chops her off and leaves the impression of a rectangular block of dark pink with not much of a waist, yet we know she is in fact quite slender at the waist. The coat chops her in half and makes her look much chunkier than she is. I think she'd look much better in a dress like the sundress the other woman is wearing, with its longer, more flowing, skirt and deeper neckline. The two York girls are curvy and I think are suited to the sort of dresses that were fashionable in the late 1940s and 1950s when feminine curves were appreciated and the dresses designed to emphasise them. I think Eugenie looked good in that 50s style black evening dress she wore recently. But even the same deep pink coat - which is a lovely colour - would look better on Beatrice if it was longer, because a more elongated version would give the illusion of a longer, more slender, body underneath, and those extremely high heels she's wearing would accentuate the effect.

Last edited:
Love the colour but not the cut of the trench coat it actually makes her look big which she isn't.

I agree. That coat chops her off and leaves the impression of a rectangular block of dark pink with not much of a waist, yet we know she is in fact quite slender at the waist. The coat chops her in half and makes her look much chunkier than she is. I think she'd look much better in a dress like the sundress the other woman is wearing, with its longer, more flowing, skirt and deeper neckline. The two York girls are curvy and I think are suited to the sort of dresses that were fashionable in the late 1940s and 1950s when feminine curves were appreciated and the dresses designed to emphasise them. I think Eugenie looked good in that 50s style black evening dress she wore recently. But even the same deep pink coat - which is a lovely colour - would look better on Beatrice if it was longer, because a more elongated version would give the illusion of a longer, more slender, body underneath, and those extremely high heels she's wearing would accentuate the effect.

Yep she needs to stick with the timeless classic pieces (more like Kate is doing with some of her Jackie O type dresses) that suit her instead of going with whatever is trendy at the moment.

Eugenie looked amazing in that black dress!

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
They are talking about the event she had earlier today when she visited University Academy Holbeach and Charles Read Academy she used HM helicopter to get there

:)She seemed really relaxed today, she looked cute in the coat, I wonder if it was a bit chilly there, as she had a sweater on later when signing the book. She looked interested in what she was doing also. And why was the Queen's Lord Lt there? Does he travel with all royals to their engagements? Is she being graded(perhaps) on how to do these type of engagements and will become a full time royal in the future? She doesn't seem interested in any type of career outside of this.........and I think she would be good at this. She is young and fresh and pretty and personable and seems pleasant, so go for it Princess B.

Last edited:
Princess Beatrice cuts an elegant figure in knee-length black dress as she joins Dasha Zhukova at London party-
Princess Beatrice and Dasha Zhukova step out at London party | Mail Online

Hmm! Seems the word "knee" has been redefined recently. How is that short skirt "knee-length" and by what stretch of the imagination does Beatrice look "elegant" wearing it?

I quite like the fringed jacket, but I think it should be worn with a figure-hugging blouse and either jeans or nicely cut pants or an a-line skirt underneath it, not a billowy, short, dress like Beatrice is wearing.

LOL Not sure what dress they are looking at but that is nowhere near her knees. And yes I agree the jacket doesn't go with the outfit. I'm wondering if she has stopped working again.

I'm guessing this is Beatrice's attempt at appearing "artsy"?????
Ouch! Just because the fashion critics like what she is wearing does not mean you have to resort to snipey sarcasm about Beatrice herself.

Whether she wants to look artsy, on trend, elegant or even (heaven forfend) Morticia Addams, is entirely her prerogative. We are entitled to disect her style but not her "nature" or her "motives". We know little about either but could guess as well as the Daily Mail, Express, etc. et al.

Personally, I think she pulled together a really good "look" for a private engagement. The dress was very flattering and perfect for her, the jacket really on trend, and her elegant clutch and patent shoes added the perfect finish.

Personally, I think she pulled together a really good "look" for a private engagement. The dress was very flattering and perfect for her, the jacket really on trend, and her elegant clutch and patent shoes added the perfect finish.

She looked pretty good I think. Nothing out of the ordinary and she fit in with the other outfits there. I think she dresses more or less like any young woman her age would.

Shouldn't some of these fashion discussions be in the fashion threads?

Ouch! Just because the fashion critics like what she is wearing does not mean you have to resort to snipey sarcasm about Beatrice herself.

Whether she wants to look artsy, on trend, elegant or even (heaven forfend) Morticia Addams, is entirely her prerogative. We are entitled to disect her style but not her "nature" or her "motives". We know little about either but could guess as well as the Daily Mail, Express, etc. et al.

Well ..... we each have our own opinions. Frequently people attending those type of events try and enter into the fun and appear "artsy". I cannot imagine where you find all the "snipey sarcasm" about Beatrice. I'm glad you like how she dresses, I, however, find most of her attempts a big fail. Her ATTEMPTS .... NOT her character. To each his own!!!!!!:ermm:

I think that Beatrice is one member of the BRF that we can get a pretty good idea of her character. She knows when she steps outside her door, that someone will either find fault with what she is wearing or if they can't do that they will complain about her face (which I think is very pretty). But she still goes out with what appears to be a very genuine smile. That takes courage and shows to me that she is a very strong woman. She has also shown in the past that she loves her family very deeply and is very loyal and supportive of them.

She can't be expected to dress like Catherine who has a lot more money and dressers to make sure that she looks perfect. But Beatrice always looks nice and dresses for the occasion...well maybe, except for 'that hat'...but then she showed intelligence, humility and a sense of humour.

I think that Beatrice is one member of the BRF that we can get a pretty good idea of her character. She knows when she steps outside her door, that someone will either find fault with what she is wearing or if they can't do that they will complain about her face (which I think is very pretty). But she still goes out with what appears to be a very genuine smile. That takes courage and shows to me that she is a very strong woman. She has also shown in the past that she loves her family very deeply and is very loyal and supportive of them.

She can't be expected to dress like Catherine who has a lot more money and dressers to make sure that she looks perfect. But Beatrice always looks nice and dresses for the occasion...well maybe, except for 'that hat'...but then she showed intelligence, humility and a sense of humour.

Beatrice dresses poorly. It has nothing to do with money, there are lots of girls out there who have little money but knows what looks good on them. Criticizing her face is unfair. She looks like the Hanover branch of her family, not her fault. Braces might have helped her teeth. She seems like a nice young woman and that is ,really, all that matters.

Braces might have helped her teeth. She seems like a nice young woman and that is ,really, all that matters.
Princess Beatrice DID wear braces to straighten her teeth - there's a picture from Christmas Day when she was a teen that shows her with braces and her teeth today are perfectly straight. What are prominent are her gums - just like Queen Victoria's (who hated hers and were one reason there are so few pictures of her smiling even after photography improved enough to allow smiles). Beatrice can't do anything about the size of her gums. She also has the Hanoverian prominent eyes - and gets criticized for those too... :whistling:

Exactly Laura - she has inherited some features from her ancestors that many people seem to feel she should do things about. The one thing she could fix - her teeth - she did have fixed as a teenager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom