The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 01:47 AM
Aristocracy

Looks like another possible engagement for Princess Beatrice! https://twitter.com/slytherpridee/st...45002462310400

Old 06-17-2014, 05:58 AM
Courtier

Love the colour but not the cut of the trench coat it actually makes her look big which she isn't.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I agree. That coat chops her off and leaves the impression of a rectangular block of dark pink with not much of a waist, yet we know she is in fact quite slender at the waist. The coat chops her in half and makes her look much chunkier than she is. I think she'd look much better in a dress like the sundress the other woman is wearing, with its longer, more flowing, skirt and deeper neckline. The two York girls are curvy and I think are suited to the sort of dresses that were fashionable in the late 1940s and 1950s when feminine curves were appreciated and the dresses designed to emphasise them. I think Eugenie looked good in that 50s style black evening dress she wore recently. But even the same deep pink coat - which is a lovely colour - would look better on Beatrice if it was longer, because a more elongated version would give the illusion of a longer, more slender, body underneath, and those extremely high heels she's wearing would accentuate the effect.
Yep she needs to stick with the timeless classic pieces (more like Kate is doing with some of her Jackie O type dresses) that suit her instead of going with whatever is trendy at the moment.

Eugenie looked amazing in that black dress!

LaRae
Old 06-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

A photo from Princess Beatrice's most recent engagement today. Perhaps not the best idea to have HRH arriving via helicopter given her father's reputation; but just an observation, not a criticism.

Princess Beatrice officially opens £9million academy extension in Holbeach | The Voice

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqaJCnyCcAEt_PM.jpg

Would like to point out that this was The Queen's helicopter. Looks like this may be an "official" engagement as the Lord Lieutenant was there as well. Source
Old 06-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPolitics View Post
A photo from Princess Beatrice's most recent engagement today. Perhaps not the best idea to have HRH arriving via helicopter given her father's reputation; but just an observation, not a criticism.
It's an island. She couldn't arrive by train or car.

The Princess was shown the Swiss Cottage and the House.
https://www.facebook.com/osbornehous...91208520137She
Old 06-18-2014, 09:26 PM
Aristocracy

They are talking about the event she had earlier today when she visited University Academy Holbeach and Charles Read Academy she used HM helicopter to get there
Old 06-19-2014, 12:43 AM
Serene Highness

She seemed really relaxed today, she looked cute in the coat, I wonder if it was a bit chilly there, as she had a sweater on later when signing the book. She looked interested in what she was doing also. And why was the Queen's Lord Lt there? Does he travel with all royals to their engagements? Is she being graded(perhaps) on how to do these type of engagements and will become a full time royal in the future? She doesn't seem interested in any type of career outside of this.........and I think she would be good at this. She is young and fresh and pretty and personable and seems pleasant, so go for it Princess B.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:25 AM
Administrator

Here's another article about yesterday's opening:

** spaldingtoday.co.uk: Princess opens new £9m facility at Holbeach school **
Old 06-25-2014, 03:51 AM
Administrator

Princess Beatrice attended Mazi's Summer Party "Mazi Celebrates The Summer And Presents: Eugenie Niarchos - Venyx World A London Presentation" in London yesterday, June 24, and afterwards went out to Chiltern Firehouse.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages gallery **

** express: Leggy lady! Princess Beatrice shows off her pins in LBD at Chiltern Firehouse **
Old 06-25-2014, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice cuts an elegant figure in knee-length black dress as she joins Dasha Zhukova at London party-
Princess Beatrice and Dasha Zhukova step out at London party | Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-25-2014, 01:17 PM
Serene Highness

I'm guessing this is Beatrice's attempt at appearing "artsy"?????
Old 06-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Princess Beatrice cuts an elegant figure in knee-length black dress as she joins Dasha Zhukova at London party-
Princess Beatrice and Dasha Zhukova step out at London party | Mail Online
Hmm! Seems the word "knee" has been redefined recently. How is that short skirt "knee-length" and by what stretch of the imagination does Beatrice look "elegant" wearing it?

I quite like the fringed jacket, but I think it should be worn with a figure-hugging blouse and either jeans or nicely cut pants or an a-line skirt underneath it, not a billowy, short, dress like Beatrice is wearing.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:45 AM
Courtier

LOL Not sure what dress they are looking at but that is nowhere near her knees. And yes I agree the jacket doesn't go with the outfit. I'm wondering if she has stopped working again.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I'm guessing this is Beatrice's attempt at appearing "artsy"?????
Ouch! Just because the fashion critics like what she is wearing does not mean you have to resort to snipey sarcasm about Beatrice herself.

Whether she wants to look artsy, on trend, elegant or even (heaven forfend) Morticia Addams, is entirely her prerogative. We are entitled to disect her style but not her "nature" or her "motives". We know little about either but could guess as well as the Daily Mail, Express, etc. et al.

Personally, I think she pulled together a really good "look" for a private engagement. The dress was very flattering and perfect for her, the jacket really on trend, and her elegant clutch and patent shoes added the perfect finish.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:16 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Personally, I think she pulled together a really good "look" for a private engagement. The dress was very flattering and perfect for her, the jacket really on trend, and her elegant clutch and patent shoes added the perfect finish.
She looked pretty good I think. Nothing out of the ordinary and she fit in with the other outfits there. I think she dresses more or less like any young woman her age would.

Shouldn't some of these fashion discussions be in the fashion threads?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-26-2014, 01:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Ouch! Just because the fashion critics like what she is wearing does not mean you have to resort to snipey sarcasm about Beatrice herself.

Whether she wants to look artsy, on trend, elegant or even (heaven forfend) Morticia Addams, is entirely her prerogative. We are entitled to disect her style but not her "nature" or her "motives". We know little about either but could guess as well as the Daily Mail, Express, etc. et al.

Well ..... we each have our own opinions. Frequently people attending those type of events try and enter into the fun and appear "artsy". I cannot imagine where you find all the "snipey sarcasm" about Beatrice. I'm glad you like how she dresses, I, however, find most of her attempts a big fail. Her ATTEMPTS .... NOT her character. To each his own!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

I think that Beatrice is one member of the BRF that we can get a pretty good idea of her character. She knows when she steps outside her door, that someone will either find fault with what she is wearing or if they can't do that they will complain about her face (which I think is very pretty). But she still goes out with what appears to be a very genuine smile. That takes courage and shows to me that she is a very strong woman. She has also shown in the past that she loves her family very deeply and is very loyal and supportive of them.

She can't be expected to dress like Catherine who has a lot more money and dressers to make sure that she looks perfect. But Beatrice always looks nice and dresses for the occasion...well maybe, except for 'that hat'...but then she showed intelligence, humility and a sense of humour.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
I think that Beatrice is one member of the BRF that we can get a pretty good idea of her character. She knows when she steps outside her door, that someone will either find fault with what she is wearing or if they can't do that they will complain about her face (which I think is very pretty). But she still goes out with what appears to be a very genuine smile. That takes courage and shows to me that she is a very strong woman. She has also shown in the past that she loves her family very deeply and is very loyal and supportive of them.

She can't be expected to dress like Catherine who has a lot more money and dressers to make sure that she looks perfect. But Beatrice always looks nice and dresses for the occasion...well maybe, except for 'that hat'...but then she showed intelligence, humility and a sense of humour.

Beatrice dresses poorly. It has nothing to do with money, there are lots of girls out there who have little money but knows what looks good on them. Criticizing her face is unfair. She looks like the Hanover branch of her family, not her fault. Braces might have helped her teeth. She seems like a nice young woman and that is ,really, all that matters.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Braces might have helped her teeth. She seems like a nice young woman and that is ,really, all that matters.
Princess Beatrice DID wear braces to straighten her teeth - there's a picture from Christmas Day when she was a teen that shows her with braces and her teeth today are perfectly straight. What are prominent are her gums - just like Queen Victoria's (who hated hers and were one reason there are so few pictures of her smiling even after photography improved enough to allow smiles). Beatrice can't do anything about the size of her gums. She also has the Hanoverian prominent eyes - and gets criticized for those too...
Old 06-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Exactly Laura - she has inherited some features from her ancestors that many people seem to feel she should do things about. The one thing she could fix - her teeth - she did have fixed as a teenager.

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice