The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

She hasn't actually taken holidays 'at the drop of a hat'. She has gone away to Europe for some weekends - as do many people in Britain.

Her second trip to St Barts was over the Easter long weekend.

The other trips were before she started her internship - back in January.

She actually hasn't had a day away from work - until this past week - since the internship was announced.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I seem to recall having this discussion once before; then it turned out that Beatrice had actually given up her job (or internship) months before, but it wasn't in the press and few people knew about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be the same situation this time.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Posts having no relevance to the thread topic have been edited or removed.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 05-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Majesty

Poppy Delevingne's second wedding in Morocco | Blogs•Spletnik.ru

Please, scroll down to see the photo.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Celebrities love to court friends in high places, and in one of the more peculiar pairings of recent times Princess Beatrice enjoyed a double date on Wednesday with funny man Jimmy Carr.
The two apparent pals dined out at exclusive London restaurant Zuma with their respective other halves.
Beatrice was joined by long term boyfriend David Clark for the meal, while Jimmy was accompanied by his partner Karoline Copping.
Princess Beatrice and Jimmy Carr head out on double date in London | Mail Online

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-05-2014, 03:34 AM
Administrator

On June 3, Beatrice and Dave dined at La Petite Maison in Mayfair:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** dailymail article: Princess Beatrice is sophisticated in black and white...**

Yesterday, June 4, she was pictured leaving the Roka restaurant in London:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 06-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Courtier

Young scholars in East Ham meet Princess Beatrice - News - Newham Recorder
Old 06-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wondeful to see The Big Change sponsoring/funding programs like the Franklin Scholars. Sounds like a fantastic idea and a win win for all.

BTW...Beatrice visited a school a few months ago where she spoke to a class of kids w/Dyslexia about her own struggles w/it and there was a fantastic quote of hers about how they all have "magic brains" and because of that, have to learn in a different way from everyone else. I was telling a friend who is a Special Education Teacher about what Beatrice said and how that quote should be up in every Special Ed room & not only did she agree w/me, but she wants the quote. Only, I can't seem to find links to any articles from that event. When I tried Googling it, all that came up were articles on her Fashion. Mostly even now were about *that* hat from the Wedding.

Could someone help me out and point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Wondeful to see The Big Change sponsoring/funding programs like the Franklin Scholars. Sounds like a fantastic idea and a win win for all.

BTW...Beatrice visited a school a few months ago where she spoke to a class of kids w/Dyslexia about her own struggles w/it and there was a fantastic quote of hers about how they all have "magic brains" and because of that, have to learn in a different way from everyone else. I was telling a friend who is a Special Education Teacher about what Beatrice said and how that quote should be up in every Special Ed room & not only did she agree w/me, but she wants the quote. Only, I can't seem to find links to any articles from that event. When I tried Googling it, all that came up were articles on her Fashion. Mostly even now were about *that* hat from the Wedding.

Could someone help me out and point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!!
Here you go!

""Dyslexia is not a pigeonhole to say you can’t do anything. It is an opportunity and a possibility to learn differently. You have magical brains, they just process differently. Don’t feel like you should be held back by it," she told the youngsters."

Princess Beatrice discusses her dyslexia with British schoolchildren - hellomagazine.com
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Here you go!

""Dyslexia is not a pigeonhole to say you can’t do anything. It is an opportunity and a possibility to learn differently. You have magical brains, they just process differently. Don’t feel like you should be held back by it," she told the youngsters."

Princess Beatrice discusses her dyslexia with British schoolchildren - hellomagazine.com

Both I and my friend Lydia thank you!! :)
Old 06-15-2014, 11:34 PM
Courtier

I was quite surprised to not see Beatrice at Trooping. I assume she'll show up at Ascot. This article reports that she'll be visiting the Isle of Wight 6/16
Isle of Wight: Princess Beatrice to visit the Isle of Wight
According to this she hasn't been spotted at Sony since January
Princess Beatrice Of York Takes On More Royal Duties; Has She Left Her Internship? : The Eye : Fashion & Style
Old 06-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I was quite surprised to not see Beatrice at Trooping. I assume she'll show up at Ascot. This article reports that she'll be visiting the Isle of Wight 6/16
Isle of Wight: Princess Beatrice to visit the Isle of Wight
According to this she hasn't been spotted at Sony since January
Princess Beatrice Of York Takes On More Royal Duties; Has She Left Her Internship? : The Eye : Fashion & Style
Looking forward to this.
I hope Beatrice will visit Forget me not Child hospice in Yorkshire soon- and maybe bring " Siegfried" along!
Old 06-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Beatrice visits the Isle of Wright today.

Isle of Wight: Princess visits the Isle of Wight

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/128...0/853/kse3.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/128...0/853/kse3.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/128...0/840/7hmm.jpg
Old 06-16-2014, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Here are some more pics of Beatrice's visit today:

** rex gallery ** islandecho.co.uk: PRINCESS VISITS ISLAND CONNECTIONS **
Old 06-16-2014, 05:48 PM
Serene Highness

Princess B looked really sharp in her trench coat today. I loved the color on her, and the style is so chic.............very nice Princess B, very nice indeed! Keep it up...............
Old 06-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Not a fan of the style of coat...makes her look rather blocky without shape. Love the color!

LaRae
Old 06-16-2014, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here are some more pics of Beatrice's visit today:

** rex gallery ** islandecho.co.uk: PRINCESS VISITS ISLAND CONNECTIONS **
Too bad Robert Hardy resigned from English heritage- he might've been there today! we can hope he shows up at Bletchley park with Kate on Wednesday .
Old 06-16-2014, 09:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Not a fan of the style of coat...makes her look rather blocky without shape. Love the color!

LaRae
She looks very nice. Neither she nor her sister are attractive in today's sense. They are heavier than girls their age and seem to have no taste in clothes. That being said, I think she looks fine. Tailored and neat.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't care that they are more curvy, I like it that they aren't stick thin...but they should wear clothes that look the best for their shape and that coat does nothing for her. It makes her look blocky and shapeless.

LaRae
Old 06-16-2014, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I don't care that they are more curvy, I like it that they aren't stick thin...but they should wear clothes that look the best for their shape and that coat does nothing for her. It makes her look blocky and shapeless.
LaRae
I agree. That coat chops her off and leaves the impression of a rectangular block of dark pink with not much of a waist, yet we know she is in fact quite slender at the waist. The coat chops her in half and makes her look much chunkier than she is. I think she'd look much better in a dress like the sundress the other woman is wearing, with its longer, more flowing, skirt and deeper neckline. The two York girls are curvy and I think are suited to the sort of dresses that were fashionable in the late 1940s and 1950s when feminine curves were appreciated and the dresses designed to emphasise them. I think Eugenie looked good in that 50s style black evening dress she wore recently. But even the same deep pink coat - which is a lovely colour - would look better on Beatrice if it was longer, because a more elongated version would give the illusion of a longer, more slender, body underneath, and those extremely high heels she's wearing would accentuate the effect.

Tags
princess beatrice