The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Having a splashing time! Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clark have fun in the Caribbean sun in St Bart's-
Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clark have fun in the Caribbean sun in St Bart's | Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

These holidays of Beatrice's are very ill-advised; they give the impression that she is frivolous, callous, and arrogant.
Just when she and her sister were getting some decent press for once, she does this and places herself in a bad light.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I actually liked that outfit with the hat!
So did I!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:58 PM
Serene Highness

At least Eugenie seems a bit more down to earth than Beatrice imo.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 04-21-2014, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
These holidays of Beatrice's are very ill-advised; they give the impression that she is frivolous, callous, and arrogant.
Just when she and her sister were getting some decent press for once, she does this and places herself in a bad light.
I don't think it casts her in a bad light. She's a far distance away from the throne now and it seems she's never going to be conscripted into doing much in the way of royal duties. I don't think it matters that she's holidaying as much as she is.

Beatrice seems to be a pleasant young woman. She isn't seen doing outrageous things and has had one boyfriend for a long time and she can't be held accountable for Dave's occasional lapses of decorum. It must be difficult to have to be on your best behaviour at all times when you are out and about.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I don't think it casts her in a bad light. She's a far distance away from the throne now and it seems she's never going to be conscripted into doing much in the way of royal duties. I don't think it matters that she's holidaying as much as she is.

Beatrice seems to be a pleasant young woman. She isn't seen doing outrageous things and has had one boyfriend for a long time and she can't be held accountable for Dave's occasional lapses of decorum. It must be difficult to have to be on your best behaviour at all times when you are out and about.

But then the comments begin about how all the RF are parasites splurging on the taxpayers' money!

It is useless to point out that they are not spending tax money; it's a perception thing.
Beatrice was there just four months ago, and the public sees that as a blatant disregard of the UK's economic troubles and a flaunting of privilege. It might not be fair, but as I said, it's a perception thing.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Beatrice was there just four months ago, and the public sees that as a blatant disregard of the UK's economic troubles and a flaunting of privilege. It might not be fair, but as I said, it's a perception thing.
The public don't give two hoots. You have the DailyMail readership who represent the tiniest of percentage of this countries population, and then you have everyone else. Beatrice doesn't make the BBC headlines, she doesn't make the front page of newspapers, she might make it to page 7 or 8 onwards perhaps.

Yes the UK has X amount of debt, and jobs are being lost because of budget cuts but that is what people have on their mind not Beatrice.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, you would know better than me, but I can't help thinking that, if I lived in the UK, I would not like to see pictures like this every couple of months.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Not sure why anyone cares if she takes a vacation....as long as you aren't paying for it it's not any of your business.

LaRae
Old 04-24-2014, 05:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Spent the afternoon at Bolingbroke academy, discussing dyslexia with these wonderful students, great questions guys! pic.twitter.com/tFmhg23oQb

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Administrator

The following article contains some more pics of Beatrice's visit to Bolingbroke Academy:

** hellomagazine: Princess Beatrice calls her dyslexia 'an opportunity' as she talks with British schoolchildren **
Old 04-30-2014, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark were pictured leaving The Chilton Street Firehouse bar in London yesterday, April 29:

** Pic **
Old 04-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark were pictured leaving The Chilton Street Firehouse bar in London yesterday, April 29:

** Pic **
It's always good to see Beatrice & Dave out and about.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-14-2014, 04:29 AM
Administrator

Princess Beatrice out and about in London on May 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 05-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Courtier

Photo of party attended by Beatrice.
SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Beatrice crowned queen of tarts and vicars party: Sixth in line to the throne wore an imperial crown to friend's soiree | Mail Online
Old 05-18-2014, 03:38 AM
Administrator

Princess Beatrice in Mayfair on May 16, 2014:

** Pic **
Old 05-20-2014, 02:48 PM
Majesty

i'm really in love with bea's recent wardrobe choices. her stylist is doing a great job. she looks gorgeous. does anyone know what brands she uses? i can't find much info on her favourite designers. as opposed to other princesses, not many blogs seem to cover beatrice.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

^^ A stylist? You think she has a stylist? That last photo of her makes me think she grabbed the first things she saw that were clean! I don't think either of the York girls knows what a stylist is. And I don't think they necessarily should. People have been making perfectly adequate wardrobe choices for themselves for years without needing a stylist, and there's no reason the York girls can't either. Well, apart from their inherent lack of taste, but that can be overcome if they feel it's important to look stylish, and not everyone does think it's important.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
^^ A stylist? You think she has a stylist? That last photo of her makes me think she grabbed the first things she saw that were clean! I don't think either of the York girls knows what a stylist is. And I don't think they necessarily should. People have been making perfectly adequate wardrobe choices for themselves for years without needing a stylist, and there's no reason the York girls can't either. Well, apart from their inherent lack of taste, but that can be overcome if they feel it's important to look stylish, and not everyone does think it's important.
If she has a stylist, she should be shot. You are right about her choice of clothes. Of, these are clean. They have no taste and if she has a stylist they have no taste. Wasted money on clothes that make you look
dumpy and awful, Get a mirror.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Nobility

Ugly shoes

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice