The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 11:52 PM
Aristocracy

Victory in Europe -Day One-Windsor Castle – MAY 08: Princess Beatrice attends the lighting of a beacon, by Queen Elizabeth II during three days of national commemorate. Along with the Duke of Edinburgh and the Duke Of York. The Queen lit the first of 200 beacons marking the 70th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day. Pic here

Early on March 8th before attending The Beacon Lighting Ceremony With The Queen Princess Beatrice made a surprise visit to one of her patronages The Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre. Princess beatrice was photographed with the founder herself , Helen Arkell. Pic Here

Old 05-09-2015, 07:38 AM
Courtier

I thought she was starting her new big job?

Old 05-09-2015, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I thought she was starting her new big job?

She was attending an event with her grandmother. Is that an issue?
Old 05-09-2015, 08:11 AM
Nobility

I actually really like that Beatrice is engaging that much with her grandmother and is so devoted to her patronages. A lot full time royals lack that sense of duty.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
A lot full time royals lack that sense of duty.
Who did you have in mind?
Old 05-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Gentry

she cant really work if she had an actual job it would get in the way of all the royal events she has to be seen at
Old 05-09-2015, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by janjan View Post
she cant really work if she had an actual job it would get in the way of all the royal events she has to be seen at

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Beatrice only attends the odd engagement on her own behalf, and only attends major royal events. She's not doing 10+ events a day. When she previously worked and had an event, it is presumed she used holiday time for this event for example Royal Ascot. Eugenie manages quite well to have a job and come home when she wants.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quite clearly Beatrice is able to combine a job with the occasional engagement from time to time, just as her cousins do.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Does she actually have a job yet?

A month ago it was reported that she was looking for a job in NY (in the DM). Since then she has been seen a lot in London or elsewhere but not in NY it seems. Princess Beatrice leaving UK for New York following sister Eugenie | Daily Mail Online dated 5th April - In a move being dubbed the ‘departure of The House of York’, Princess Beatrice is planning to leave the UK to move to New York – following her sister Princess Eugenie and her mother Sarah Ferguson to the United States.

I think she may still be looking for a job.

I know there were reports that she had a job but there are no reports of her actually working. There are however reports of her:

holiday in Switzerland - 5th April (the week after Easter) - went to Church with The Queen and then to Switzerland
Florida - 11th April
Bahrain for the Grand Prix - 19th April (a weekend I know)

If she had a job she would be struggling, given the time difference, to be working and making all these visits.

She has also carried out unofficial engagements in the UK on the 27th and 28th April and also visited a fashion show.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

She lives a different kind of life. It's a great life. She's apparently free to not work. Beautiful thing. Just hope she's happy. That's the main thing. Without focus, one can become aimless. That's the risk. She must guard against that.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:47 AM
Royal Highness

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Good thing Beatrice no longer needs royal approval to marry because Prince William does not approve of her long-term beau | Daily Mail Online

News that Princess Beatrice will no longer have to ask the Queen's permission to marry after falling down the line of succession has headed off an awkward Royal Family rift.
For I gather that had Prince William been consulted by Her Majesty about Beatrice's long-term beau Dave Clark, he would not have given him his seal of approval.
As my source explains: 'William isn't a huge fan of Dave. It's fair to say that if Beatrice had asked the Queen for permission to marry Dave, and she in turn asked William privately for his view, she may not have been given a glowing report.
'The move in succession is fortunate for Dave and Beatrice in that respect.'

Really confused by this, I thought the Daily Mail were the ones who told us that it was William who set Dave and Beatrice up? I know things can change over time but I can't really see this being true.
Old 05-10-2015, 04:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh, so many issues arising from that article! Yep, it was that paragon of journalistic integrity that reported William acted as matchmaker. Matchmaker Prince William sets up cousin Beatrice | Daily Mail Online

William might have been the one to introduce Dave to Beatrice at that party, but that was a long time ago and I doubt that at the time 24 year old William would have had it in mind that his 18 year old cousin would still be with Dave 10 years on and contemplating marriage to him.

Maybe Dave and William have had a spat in the intervening years. I don't think it would be difficult for someone to get onto modern-day William's "indiscreet" list, or to clash with his personality.

And, again, maybe the story's complete hogwash.
Old 05-10-2015, 04:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Good thing Beatrice no longer needs royal approval to marry because Prince William does not approve of her long-term beau | Daily Mail Online

News that Princess Beatrice will no longer have to ask the Queen's permission to marry after falling down the line of succession has headed off an awkward Royal Family rift.
For I gather that had Prince William been consulted by Her Majesty about Beatrice's long-term beau Dave Clark, he would not have given him his seal of approval.
As my source explains: 'William isn't a huge fan of Dave. It's fair to say that if Beatrice had asked the Queen for permission to marry Dave, and she in turn asked William privately for his view, she may not have been given a glowing report.
'The move in succession is fortunate for Dave and Beatrice in that respect.'

Really confused by this, I thought the Daily Mail were the ones who told us that it was William who set Dave and Beatrice up? I know things can change over time but I can't really see this being true.
William did not introduce them, that rumor was eventually shot down just like the rumor Harry introduced Zara to Mike. When the press found out Dave studied at Edinburgh the press wrongly assumed he had a William connection - especially since the men are the same age. In fact Beatrice and Dave met at Sean Brosnan's birthday party.

Actually, there have been many articles over the years saying William does not like Dave and this has put further strain on his relationship with his cousin Beatrice. The only evidence that supports this is that Dave wasn't invited to William's wedding reception.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:50 AM
Courtier

I was asking if Beatrice had a job cause it was reported in several newspapers that she had taken a job in NY for a finance firm and that she was starting very soon. That was a few weeks ago so I thought it odd that she would be back in UK if she had only just started working in NY. A simple question really which got a fairly rude and sarcastic response.

As for the new article it's true there have been several articles saying William doesn't like Dave I even remember ones where William wasn't so keen on Beatrice either. If William really feels this way then I guess if the do marry we won't be seeing Dave much. If it's true they are both working in the US and will be setting up house together they may get engaged sooner.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:15 PM
Aristocracy

There is a small rumor that bea is working with Cabot Square,again, but the article also says she's keen to move to the USA.

Quote:
Beatrice recently completed a finance course at a university in San Francisco and has said she is keen to build on her time working with the London investment firm Cabot Square Capital, where she spent a year in 2012. here
Old 05-10-2015, 09:35 PM
Majesty

Beatrice does not need William's seal of approval to marry Dave, any more than he needed hers to marry Kate.

Who is giving this info to the DM??

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-10-2015, 11:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Beatrice does not need William's seal of approval to marry Dave, any more than he needed hers to marry Kate.

Who is giving this info to the DM??
The difference is that one day William will be king, and Beatrice will not become queen. Though I like to think that she makes her own decisions about queenly stuff, it is possible that HM would not want to do something with which Charles and William did not agree.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:48 PM
Majesty

Unless the guy is a real rat and HM the Queen disapproves of him as well,Beatrice should marry him if she wants. He is wealthy enough to give her a great life independent of the BRF.

Sorry, but William and his petty likes and dislikes have no place here king-to-be or not and that goes for Charles too.

Beatrice is fortunate enough not to be financially dependent on either of them.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-11-2015, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Does Dave even wish to marry Beatrice?
If so, he isn't in any hurry; ten years is a long time to be together without reaching some sort of understanding.

As for the money, the Queen holds the purse strings, and one day Charles will be in that position, followed by William. So perhaps William's dislike of Dave (if true) will have an impact on Beatrice.

I don't believe Beatrice has any kind of job, because if she did, we'd know about it- just as we did when Eugenie got her current job with the auction house.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe they will announce engagement after Charlotte's christening?

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice