The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 02:45 PM
Aristocracy

^which i think shows great character on her part she isn't required to do charity work or show her support for education, as she may never be a working royal yet she still does them because she wants to

Old 04-27-2015, 02:52 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by janjan View Post
This is something she isnt required to do as the royals dont need her help it is like princess michael of kent
Exactly. She does it because she wants to do it. I think it speaks volumes about her character. I really don't think she cares whether or not she ever works for the "Firm" as a royal or for accolades but enjoys the freedom of doing what she can, where she can in an unobtrusive way.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:11 PM
Serene Highness

Hopefully the Royal family is appreciating it at least and telling her so even if it is not official. It only makes them look good really.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Hopefully the Royal family is appreciating it at least and telling her so even if it is not official. It only makes them look good really.
I'm sure her extended family knows her much better than we do. This is one reason I think Bea's got the best of both worlds going for her. She doesn't have to live in the fishbowl and can actually breathe oxygen and dictate what her life is going to be like, make her own choices of what to do or not to do and should she decide that her life's calling is to run a banana farm somewhere and teach hula dancing in grass skirts for the rest of her life, she's got the freedom to do exactly that.

The more I think about it, perhaps Beatrice's personal choice could be that she doesn't even want to be a full time working royal and prefers life on the outskirts of the royal family as a blessing.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Here are more pics of yesterday's engagement. Beatrice visited Maple Hayes dyslexia school in Lichfield to officially open a classroom at the school.

** lichfieldlive.co.uk: Princess Beatrice welcomed by excited students at Lichfield school **

** dailymail: She'll need another holiday! Princess Beatrice is all smiles as she gets to work..**

** contactmusic gallery: Picture - Princess Beatrice at Maple Hayes Dyslexia School Lichfield United Kingdom **
Old 04-28-2015, 07:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Beatrice, along with her sister, was taught the meaning of service to the people and caring for others from their mother, father and grandparents.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-28-2015, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

I like seeing Beatrice carrying out engagements - it's nice to see a young female royal doing this!
Old 04-28-2015, 02:55 PM
Majesty

Oh yes, I agree! Beatrice strikes me as a very pleasant, cheerful, and caring person. She's so good with children, too.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

She is it for young unmarried senior Royal females... Her sister is out of the picture for now and the other one is 11. The RF should applaud her for her time and dedication and lap it up... Everyone knows Royal ladies are more in demand then the men and she has skills.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Lichfield Garrick @The_Garrick · 54m 54 minutes ago
We were proud to welcome HRH Princess Beatrice to our theatre yesterday as part of her visit to Staffordshire.
https://twitter.com/The_Garrick/stat...63737890185217

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-28-2015, 06:50 PM
Serene Highness

I think if Beatrice truly wants to be a member of the firm she is going to have to go after it. I think she needs to jump into charity work and volunteer work and take fewer holidays. That just might make the right impression on the right people and even if it doesn't she will still come out looking better in the long run. JMO, of course.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Gentry

again the question is if they tell her thanks but no thanks why doesn't she listen and go out get a real job
Old 04-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by janjan View Post
again the question is if they tell her thanks but no thanks why doesn't she listen and go out get a real job
She is a titled and wealthy young woman .... she doesn't need a "real job" like the rest of us. The point is, she needs real respect and she would get that by applying herself to charity and volunteer work whether "they tell her thanks" or not. Working in charities can certainly be real jobs, just not paid jobs. Besides, as soon as she gets a "real, paid job" there will be those who scream that she is taking it away from someone who needs it.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Both Beatrice and Eugenie are already involved with with a great deal of charities. Beatrice have several patronages under her belt.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-28-2015, 07:39 PM
Gentry

And then how will she pay her bills if she doesn't have a real job that pays money Oh wait it is called daddy trust fund
Old 04-28-2015, 07:46 PM
Serene Highness

It is not coming from you or in fact any tax payer so what is it to you exactly?
Old 04-28-2015, 08:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Both Beatrice and Eugenie are already involved with with a great deal of charities. Beatrice have several patronages under her belt.
True, however they (especially Beatrice) are seen holidaying more than doing charity work. I think Beatrice seems like a nice young woman but good at PR she is not .... if she really, really wants to work for the firm.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:53 PM
Majesty

Honestly, I don't care where her financial support comes from. I doubt it's from ill-gotten gains. If Prince Andrew wants to finance her so she can do the charity work that she likes, what business of it is ours? She's not government-funded. She's not required to produce paperwork showing where she gets her money and how she spends it.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:02 PM
Serene Highness

Look I may be naive and way simplistic but can't she go to her Grsndmother and explain Charity work is really a passion of hers and would it possible to start the process to start being official about it? She does it anyway, she is good at it and she could take some slack for some others for whatever reason.

I guess it is more complicated though.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe she doesn't want to be 'official' maybe she likes what charity/ royal functions she goes to while not having the same pressures as some official working royals although ironically people still seem to have expectations of her. or perhaps she was promised something in the long run she does act like kate in that retrospect. I don't think kate would have waited that long if she wasn't promised something, who knows?

They keep releasing wonderful photos from the school and Humanitas event it's nice to see.

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice