The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 08:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Of course, Princess Patricia of Connaught, granddaughter of Queen Victoria, voluntarily gave up her HRH and style of 'Princess' when she married in 1919. She took the rank of a Duke's daughter, Lady Patricia Ramsay. It might be something for Beatrice and Eugenie to consider.
I think that is completely unnecessary. The title does not impact their lives on a day to day basis. They were born with it, and have not done anything to loose it.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think that is completely unnecessary. The title does not impact their lives on a day to day basis. They were born with it, and have not done anything to loose it.

Beatrice and Eugenie are the daughter's of the Queen's son, therefor, her blood grandchildren. They aren't wannabes or imposters who somehow winnowed their way through a palace window!!

Stop the hate on these two!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 02-22-2015, 09:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 2h 2 hours ago
Princess Beatrice spent this week skiing in Aspen. A rep says she starts a finance course in the US tomorrow
The Sun

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-22-2015, 11:32 PM
Courtier

Finance again? Wasn't the first job she quit in finance? I wonder if she is going to try and work over in the US like Eugenie does?
Old 02-22-2015, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe she enjoyed working in finance but her university subjects didn't include anything useful for a career in that field so now she's going to get some relevant qualifications.

Don't they have vocational guidance counsellors at the schools she attended?
Old 02-22-2015, 11:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

^ Where will Beatrice do her finance studies? Is this an MBA in Finance or just finance courses? Good for her, hopefully she enjoys it and finds something she enjoys in her field of study.

I couldn't read the article, for some reason it was blocked.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

The site is blocked unless you have actually paid for it. On another site they have pointed out that the photo they are using is one cropped from one of her holidays in Switzerland this year.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Maybe she enjoyed working in finance but her university subjects didn't include anything useful for a career in that field so now she's going to get some relevant qualifications.

Don't they have vocational guidance counsellors at the schools she attended?
They had guidance counsellors at my university, but no one told me there weren't many jobs for an English major (which was what I was taking). Then I had trouble finding a job. I wouldn't blame Princess Beatrice for struggling to find her place in the working world, because there are so many grads with humanities degrees and History degrees nowadays that it's easy to be outnumbered in the working world. Beatrice is like a lot of other young people, including me, in working a lot of internships and temporary jobs or going back to school for more qualifications.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice: The Latest Royal to Move to America-
Princess Beatrice to Join Princess Eugenie in New York City : People.com

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-24-2015, 01:07 AM
Majesty

I think that this is a good move on Beatrice's part.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't blame her. I'd come over too if I were in her shoes.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Princess Beatrice: The Latest Royal to Move to America-
Princess Beatrice to Join Princess Eugenie in New York City : People.com
According to both articles a spokesperson for her mother confirms this.
What's odd to me is that when she most recently quit her job 'sources' claimed she had at least a couple of offers she was considering - if so then why this sudden scooting off to the USA to go back to school. I do hope she's not being groomed to join her mother's latest scheme.
I feel a bit sorry for Eugenie, she seemed to be blossoming as an independent career woman, forging her own identity and now her mom is over frequently with her latest scheme and now Beatrice may be coming over as well.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
According to both articles a spokesperson for her mother confirms this.

What's odd to me is that when she most recently quit her job 'sources' claimed she had at least a couple of offers she was considering - if so then why this sudden scooting off to the USA to go back to school. I do hope she's not being groomed to join her mother's latest scheme.

I feel a bit sorry for Eugenie, she seemed to be blossoming as an independent career woman, forging her own identity and now her mom is over frequently with her latest scheme and now Beatrice may be coming over as well.

Along with those job offers, school could have been one of the options she was deciding on. Only on third threads would seeking an advanced degree be looked upon as a scheme or workshy.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

The article suggesting that she had job offers didn't say they were in the UK though.

I have been expecting this for years. It is clear that the girls aren't wanted in the BRF as working royals so any media coverage was always going to be negative in the UK. William and Harry were always going to get passes for doing very little, along with their wives, but Beatrice and Eugenie were always going to be seen as 'fair game' by the British media.

With them in the US then the media will have to find some other royals to paint as the bad 'one' to offset the good 'one'.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:33 AM
Administrator

It wouldn't surprise me if going back to school is necessary requirement for a potential job. For example, if she wanted to do some type of finance job she might need to pass a Series 7 test.....which is no easy feat. Obtainable but you really need to study.

Hopefully getting out of Britain will be a good move for her. A small but somewhat vocal faction of the British public really has no idea on her role. She gets criticized when she works....she is taking someone else's job....when she doesn't work.....is accused of being supported by the public...the security, etc. When Eugenie was in England recently, she was criticized for always being in England...as if people didn't come home for the holidays....they really can't win.

She really doesn't need to work for a living...and she has no official royal role...This is good news for Beatrice New York is a big enough city where she can just fade into the masses.

Old 02-24-2015, 01:38 AM
Royal Highness

Beatrice may have job offers that require classes or a degree within 6-9 months of hiring.

It is nice the family is keeping quiet on where she is going to school so the media can stay away and give her time to adjust.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is delightful that Princess Beatrice will be in the same city as Princess Eugenie.
It is helpful to know that a family member is nearby for support.
It is nice to know that a family member is nearby for a sisterly visit.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:19 PM
Serene Highness

Some big firms hire well-known people (retired or defeated politicians, for example) to serve as 'rainmaker', able to attract people and get their phone calls returned. When the people respond to the rainmaker, they are generally handed off to a person who actually knows what he/she is doing. It's an honorable position, and I think Beatrice would be well-suited to such work. Of course, she would require some study, and perhaps some licensing, to enable her to be fluid and confidence-inspiring.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Some big firms hire well-known people (retired or defeated politicians, for example) to serve as 'rainmaker', able to attract people and get their phone calls returned. When the people respond to the rainmaker, they are generally handed off to a person who actually knows what he/she is doing. It's an honorable position, and I think Beatrice would be well-suited to such work. Of course, she would require some study, and perhaps some licensing, to enable her to be fluid and confidence-inspiring.
Right now, I don't think she can attract dust. These are savvy market people, she is not a "rainmaker". But, on other other hand, I think she will fare much better here. No one cares who you are. Just do your job.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

Perhaps rainmaker was the wrong term. But people will come to events with a real live princess, so she'll attract a certain amount of attention. Not every person who has a fair bit of money to invest is savvy and sophisticated. At any rate, it will take a number of years of training and experience for Beatrice to have anything to offer, unless she sells simple insurance or retirement products, and that doesn't seem likely.

There are thousands of clever and well-educated young people who have earned their places on the career ladders of these big financial firms.

She's there to be a show pony (IMO). Nothing wrong with that.

I do have considerable first-hand knowledge of the NY financial world.

Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice