The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 01:08 AM
Royal Highness

I understand a career and a job I also understand what a holiday is.
At the moment she is on a holiday.
Good for her but let's not dress it up as anything else.
She's entitled to take as many holidays as she likes but it will be in the papers and it will get talked about.
She probably cares less about it in the news than any of us here

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 02-01-2015, 03:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
Thing is, that if Beatrice wants the title and kudos, she needs to do appearances. Fair or not, the deck is stacked against her and she needs to stop the constant holidays. As far as I can see, her main problem is her expectations. Things change all the time and we have to learn to adapt. When she found out she would be largely on her own by the time Charles is king, she should have studied a real degree, not a "History of Ideas" degree. Now, she has horrible parents, she is judged by the press, but she needs to stop making things harder by the fact that she's just holidaying nonstop. The SUN isn't saying anything that's untrue. She has been let go from Sony and she is holidaying literally for an entire month, one month after another.

She's hardly a victim of anything other than bad press, brought on by her bad judgement.
okay this is the wierdest post I think Ive read in a long time......I was laughing by the end of it.
You dont honestly think we are going to take you seriously do you? Firstly there is so much presumption and inuendo based on no real fact.
Just because you think her parents are awful doesnt mean she does she clearly loves them.
So what if she has left that job the young people I know and in my work Im exposed to about 100 yearly it is not uncommon for them to job hop thats what they do.
Now to the holidays obviously she is priveledged to be able to have accommodation in some pretty nice holiday spots lets face it noone is going to refuse the opportunity to have a holiday I know I wouldnt.
So in light of it all I think Bea and her sister will be just fine when Charles becomes King and youre a fool if you think they havent already made plans when that time eventuates.
As for bad judgement I think its you that has misjudged Beas situation.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:51 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenbeee View Post
okay this is the wierdest post I think Ive read in a long time......I was laughing by the end of it.
You dont honestly think we are going to take you seriously do you? Firstly there is so much presumption and inuendo based on no real fact.
Just because you think her parents are awful doesnt mean she does she clearly loves them.
So what if she has left that job the young people I know and in my work Im exposed to about 100 yearly it is not uncommon for them to job hop thats what they do.
Now to the holidays obviously she is priveledged to be able to have accommodation in some pretty nice holiday spots lets face it noone is going to refuse the opportunity to have a holiday I know I would.
So in light of it all I think Bea and her sister will be just fine when Charles becomes King and youre a fool if you think they havent already made plans when that time eventuates.
As for bad judgement I think its you that has misjudged Beas situation.

Is this meant for me because I don't understand it ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Sorry my feed played up I didn't see who you replied too
Old 02-01-2015, 04:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I've never thought Beatrice had the slightest interest in a career.
I think what she wants is:
A. To be a bona-fide member of the Firm
B. To be married

I don't believe a job will hold her interest for long, no matter what it is.
(Perhaps Charles will break down and let her represent the BRF (though he is said to equate her with Fergie, which doesn't help).
You know what I dont think Charles would ever publicly say that about his niece. He just wouldnt. Despite the fact of whether the firm can give her a paid public role or not I would think that Charles would appreciate her charity work. I dont think Charles is that much of an A void that he would publicly say anything detrimental about Bea in public.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Finally it's out and I can stop biting my tongue. My Nephew in Law is an Exec at Sony Canada and when the entire mess happened, I asked if this affected Josh in any way. My Sister's reply was along the lines of not Josh, as he's no one famous or that important in the grand scheme of the Company for the hackers to go after at Sony, but guess who it did affect big time!! The look on her face when I instantly named Beatrice was priceless.

I had wondered if they had gone after Beatrice, I mean you hack Sony to go after the big wigs and Stars and end up also reeling in a Princess w/your attack, and not use it? It doesn't matter she's a "minor Royal". To these guys, a Princess is a Princess and they must have thought they'd hit the jackpot when they saw her file. Also this was personal information of Beatrice's that never should have been able to be accessed. Regardless of who and what she is, this is a violation of the most hurtful and deepest kind and something no one deserves to have happen to them.

I have had such a tough time reading some of the posts in here over the last few weeks, knowing what was really going on and not being able to say a thing. Because I knew what would happen if I did. At least now it's finally been made public and I can give my poor tongue a break from all the biting I've done to it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-01-2015, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm pleased this has come out. I've always liked Beatrice and I'm glad to see that there is a good reason for her extended holiday and that she has a number of offers. I hope she accepts one and works hard and still does the "Royal" stuff graciously but without formal acknowledgement. I think she will. Like Gracie, I think Beatrice is a "good egg".
Old 02-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post

I Don't believe in this. Where have you heard/read this from?

It's an old article:

Prince Andrew STILL insists on helicopters and guards for Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | Daily Mail Online

I can't answer for its truthfulness, but let's say it wouldn't surprise me.

As for Beatrice's work ethic, she does seem to be 'off' more than she's 'on.'
I don't think many her age could take off that much time and still be in demand.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
My understanding of the Court Circular is that only those engagements carried out by the Queen or on behalf of the Queen are listed. So if Princess Beatrice carries out an engagement on behalf of the Queen or in other words at the request of the Queen (as opposed to one her own charities) then she will be included in the Court Circular.
So when the Duke of Kent attends freemasons events he is doing it "on behalf of the Queen" ... I somehow doubt that.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Serene Highness

I don't understand the argument here, the Queen and the Royal Household clearly don't consider Beatrice and Eugenie as 'working members' of the RF or whatever the media and watchers are calling it this week. If they choose to carry out charity work outside of official duties than that is up to them just as you or I could go and visit a local hospice etc. So far the impression I get is that William and Harry are the only grandchildren who will do official work onbehalf of the RF and so the only ones who'll be listed as doing their own work in the Court Circular. Whether that's fair or not isn't up to us, that's what's been decided. The other grandchildren all need to get on with their own lives and if they need more money than their family wealth can give they have to work.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Gentry

Well if the current CC policy prevails, and Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie continue to be excluded, the CC will get very short as gradually the older members of the RF die off. Whether HM will take the slightest notice of me or not (I suspect not) I do think that the younger members of the RF, Beatrice & Eugenie especially, should be included in the CC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
the Queen and the Royal Household clearly don't consider Beatrice and Eugenie as 'working members' of the RF.
Let's hope when Charles is King some of the stuffiness of the Royal Household will cease.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Majesty

You did well, Tiggersk8. I like Princess Beatrice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I have had such a tough time reading some of the posts in here over the last few weeks, knowing what was really going on and not being able to say a thing.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Finally it's out and I can stop biting my tongue. My Nephew in Law is an Exec at Sony Canada and when the entire mess happened, I asked if this affected Josh in any way. My Sister's reply was along the lines of not Josh, as he's no one famous or that important in the grand scheme of the Company for the hackers to go after at Sony, but guess who it did affect big time!! The look on her face when I instantly named Beatrice was priceless.
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Wow, it must have been hard for you not to say anything. Good job! I wonder if this is how the royals feel...seeing the headlines in newspapers while knowing the whole way through that the headlines aren't true.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Majesty

That would be one of the hardest things about being royal, I'd think. You'd never know what story would appear in the papers regardless of whether or not it's true. Plus, the Palace replies to stories only when they're extremely serious (for example, with the recent case with Prince Andrew), and even then denials aren't necessarily believed.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I'm confused - you have a nephew-in-law who works for Sony Canada in some unnamed position. You had a conversation with said Canadian Sony Employee's mother-in-law and based on the look on her face you concluded what?
BTW, your nephew in law is just as likely as Beatrice to find himself the victim of ID theft down the road.
Just because the hack happened is not a reason to quit a job, I assume your nephew in law isn't quitting even though his info. has been stolen. You can't undo the damage which has been done - you can only take normal ID protection steps after the info. has been stolen.
The only new information that made the papers about Beatrice was her salary, and every government employee and retiree (federal, state and local) here in the USA has their salary posted on the web by organizations that track these things. Personally I think it's a ridiculous invasion of privacy, but not a reason to quit a job.
Beatrice has developed a pattern, work at an internship for awhile and then take a couple of months holiday while she considers her next move. Unlike many who need a paycheck to pay the bills, and thus don't leave one job until they have the next one lined up, she can afford to be unemployed for weeks at a time. It'll be interesting to see what she dabbles in job wise next.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:53 PM
Courtier

All that anyone found out was how much she was earning a year hardly earth shattering news and certainly not a reason to quit your job. We don't know when Beatrice quit it was before christmas cause she started her several weeks of holidays then. She does have a pattern whether people want to admit it or not she hasn't lasted 12 months in any job and when she leaves she tends to take a couple of months off and goes on vacation and this is after taking several holidays while working. I agree if Beatrice wants to be taken seriously she needs to cut down the vacations and have a job longer then a year. I will be surprised if she goes into finance again she didn't like it when she did her first job and she hasn't done any real training for that sort of career she quit after 6 months. I expect she will show up at some other internship last awhile then quit again Beatrice really seems to be playing career girl by now she should know what she wants to do. Notice we don't read this stuff about Eugenie? Because she has stuck at her career and isn't seen vacationing every couple of months.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:18 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually I can see where being a Princess of the UK would be a negative point to employers looking to hire her. Alongside with knowing the publicity that Beatrice's movements may cause, most places that interview for positions are looking for someone that will stay with the job. The fact that Beatrice is a princess may lead them to believe that she might not be one that would stick with the position as a career for 20+ some years with the company. Although it may not be totally true, but an employer may also see her as someone that will have responsibilities to her family.

Perhaps this is why she has had a rash of internships. Eventually she is going to want to settle down and start a family of her own (whether with Dave or someone else). Right now she's got the best of all worlds with being able to work in internships, enjoy a social life and work with charities that she believes in. No matter what happens, her future looks bright.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-02-2015, 01:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
All that anyone found out was how much she was earning a year hardly earth shattering news and certainly not a reason to quit your job. We don't know when Beatrice quit it was before christmas cause she started her several weeks of holidays then. She does have a pattern whether people want to admit it or not she hasn't lasted 12 months in any job and when she leaves she tends to take a couple of months off and goes on vacation and this is after taking several holidays while working. I agree if Beatrice wants to be taken seriously she needs to cut down the vacations and have a job longer then a year. I will be surprised if she goes into finance again she didn't like it when she did her first job and she hasn't done any real training for that sort of career she quit after 6 months. I expect she will show up at some other internship last awhile then quit again Beatrice really seems to be playing career girl by now she should know what she wants to do. Notice we don't read this stuff about Eugenie? Because she has stuck at her career and isn't seen vacationing every couple of months.

Eugenie is in a different career-field. So shouldn't compare the two. Beatrice seems to be doing "internships" which don't normally last more than a year, especially in business. Plus, many folks her age who are college educated do much of the same considering they usual move home after college because of student loans, etc. which does give them the opportunity to take jobs and internships for the opportunity and experience as opposed to for monetary reasons.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post

Who is to say she doesn't know what she wants to do? I've had three jobs over the past 24 months. I know exactly what I want to do, and working at each of those three jobs in a 24-month span is the path for me to get there. I've gotten different pieces of knowledge and experience at each that will help me for what I ultimately want. It's my five year plan.

It seems there is a lot to the Beatrice story that we don't know. Didn't most folks assume she wasn't working at Sony anymore prior to the Sony leak? Some folks on these forums definitely did, I recall. This to say that the Palace doesn't tell us much, and in fact, we don't know much about what Beatrice is up to. We see her on holiday a bit but for most of the year, we don't see much of her. Probably because she's working hard forging a career.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

What is with this obsession people have with Beatrice's job? I remember this was done to Catherine.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-02-2015, 02:16 AM
Majesty

I don't really understand it either, Dman. I was 27 before I had my first permanent job, which ended when the company closed the branch in which I worked. I'd had summer jobs during university and other temporary work until I got that first steady position. Mind you, I was an unknown person who didn't have media following me when I wasn't working.

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice