The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Serene Highness

Sorry, it has been almost nine years... After all this time a person should make a decision either way or find someone else just my opinion.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^I agree. Two years was my limit.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

If they're ready, we'll hear some official news. I would think it's getting close.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness

It would be a troubling sign to me if my other still had not made a permanent commitment and I knew I wanted children soonish. But maybe she is happy this way.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I wonder why the Press does not pick up on the "Waity Beatrice" moniker?
Maybe because Beatrice is a Princess, while Kate Middleton was just a lowly commoner?
Old 01-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Serene Highness

Because it is not catchy and does not read well and it is a mouthful.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure some conversations have been had with Andrew and Sarah. Dave seems to be very welcomed by the family too.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-12-2015, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^It would be odd if there had not been conversations up and down the family line. Does Beatrice want children? I've never read where she does. Perhaps she doesn't and marriage would bring pressure to have kids. Perhaps they like their devil-may-care freedom...neither of them need to marry. They may be unofficially, officially engaged (I know, I know). They could already be wed. We have no idea.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

The most important thing is both Bea and Dave are on the same page about Kids and marriage.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Serene Highness

Beatrice is still only in her 20s, if they have no immediate plans to start a family why marry? Maybe Dave doesn't want the fuss that comes with being married to the family. Bear in kind her mum and dad are divorced but live in the same house so I don't think it's many odder as that!!!
Old 01-12-2015, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

If Beatrice and David are going to announce an engagement, perhaps they are deciding on a date that has no former significance.
It is a date which no British Royal has a birthday or a wedding anniversary.
It would be their day.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm sure some conversations have been had with Andrew and Sarah. Dave seems to be very welcomed by the family too.

Can't go by that; Andrew and Sarah were fond of the previous BF too. Then they learned he had a prison sentence.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Can't go by that; Andrew and Sarah were fond of the previous BF too. Then they learned he had a prison sentence.
I think Dave is alright. It's said that it's William that introduced them. They've been going strong ever since. I think they know what track they're going on after all this time. We just have to wait and see where all of this is going.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
If Beatrice and David are going to announce an engagement, perhaps they are deciding on a date that has no former significance.
It is a date which no British Royal has a birthday or a wedding anniversary.
It would be their day.
I don't really think it matters when they announce their engagement, if they do. The important day is the wedding day; that is the day that needs to be their day and their day alone. If they want to get engaged I hope they do it when they want to and don't keep postponing it because something randomly occurs in another family member's life.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I don't really think it matters when they announce their engagement, if they do. The important day is the wedding day; that is the day that needs to be their day and their day alone. If they want to get engaged I hope they do it when they want to and don't keep postponing it because something randomly occurs in another family members' life.
The royals always announce their engagements on the days they feel like it. Unless, there's some sort of sickness or death, it really don't matter when they announce it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-13-2015, 04:56 PM
Serene Highness

I noticed that on the Today Show, Sarah mentioned wanting to stay healthy 'to live to see her daughters get married.' Was she dropping a hint? Did she have that on her mind for some reason? Time will tell, I guess...
Old 01-13-2015, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Sounds like fairly standard mother-talk to me. It could mean that she has had a health scare that has caused her to direct her mind to the length of time she might live and the things she wants to live to see, or that one or both of her daughters have given her reason to think they aren't planning to marry for a long time, but my bet is standard mother-talk.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:24 PM
Courtier

I've noticed that the British Royals have fairly short engagements, once they announce, the wedding happens about 6 months later. Zara, the only female of Beatrice's generation to have married waited until she was around 30 I think. As did William and wasn't Peter about the same age as well? Beatrice took awhile finding a niche for herself in the workplace so perhaps working awhile before becoming a wife and then mother is a wise move on her part. It wouldn't surprise me if she chose to marry in the near future as she and Dave have been a couple for a long time, but it makes perfect sense to me to wait until she's 28-30 as well.
I do wonder what will happen w/ her St. James apartment and her security once she does marry. I assume she and Dave will need to find their own place(s) and pay for them from their own funds and that security for her and her children will not be provided, but don't know if that will be the case.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:52 AM
Aristocracy

Security isn't provided for princess Beatrice anyway. It's Prince Andrew who pays for it.

Similarly for the St. James Palace apt.

If Andrew continues to pay for it or Dave pays for it, she can still have the same privileges

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-14-2015, 04:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think Dave is alright. It's said that it's William that introduced them. They've been going strong ever since. I think they know what track they're going on after all this time. We just have to wait and see where all of this is going.
William did not introduce them, that rumor was eventually shot down just like the rumor Harry introduced Zara to Mike. When the press found out Dave studied at Edinburgh the press wrongly assumed he had a William connection - especially since the men are the same age. In fact Beatrice and Dave met at Sean Brosnan's birthday party.

Actually there have been many articles saying William does not like Dave and this has put further strain on his relationship with his cousin Beatrice.

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice