The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I love them!

Old 12-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
Princess Beatrice will attend York Theatre Royal to learn more about the venue, and its upcoming redevelopment next week.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I love them!
You and me both, I love to collect tea cups and tea pots, when are we having a tea party Roseroyal?
Old 12-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Princess Beatrice will attend York Theatre Royal to learn more about the venue, and its upcoming redevelopment next week.
I read that Beatrice actually volunteered to be their patron (they hadn't asked for one) and they were delighted.
It's nice that she has ties to York.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
You and me both, I love to collect tea cups and tea pots, when are we having a tea party Roseroyal?
First- I wonder if actor Robert Hardy will be there. He was at one time a patron of YTR- don't know if he still is! It would be awesome if B became patron of the Herriot Center.
@ SE- We were talking about the teacup ride at Disney! LOL!
Old 12-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wasn't sure where to post this as it's not a current event.

Sony Hack Reveals Princess Beatrice's Salary - The Hollywood Reporter
Old 12-07-2014, 11:42 PM
Majesty

It's unfortunate that this information got out. Salaries are kept confidential for a reason: to prevent hard feelings among employees.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:14 AM
Majesty

In this life there are no boundaries, no lines in the sand, nothing is private and anything they can find out by illegal means will be published. I guess that's one step better than just plain making it up . . . no, it's not. Either one is vile.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:35 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
In this life there are no boundaries, no lines in the sand, nothing is private and anything they can find out by illegal means will be published. I guess that's one step better than just plain making it up . . . no, it's not. Either one is vile.
Makes me think that although we've advanced in leaps and bounds in technology, we've not advanced that much as a civilization. Sad.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Courtier

Princess Beatrice Salary Revealed In Sony Hack - Business Insider
Another story same info., interesting only because rather than Princess Beatrice's photo they have posted a picture of Princess Eugenie.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:55 PM
Aristocracy

We've become a society of "witch hunters" online public commenting, liking unliking and sharing has become our tools for burning the hunted.

If Beatrice works shes burnt if she doesnt work shes burnt.
As the gap between rich and poor becomes wider the general public becomes more dissatisfied and resentful lashing out where they can.

It makes me sad that this young woman should bear the brunt of the uglier side of our society. The focussing on the negative aspect of her life not the positive things that she does.

Young people today are highly critical of others are less tolerant of imperfection and prepared to hurt for the sake of their rights to say what they want.

They no longer offer seats to elderly on the train, they cant handle advice or the offer of an alternate view.

They have grown up in the anonymous world of the web where they can spew forth from the safety of their bedrooms with little consideration of the damage they do.

I have just read the comments that went with that article this is what saddens me the pure hate and resentment of this poor girls position. Resenting her privledge but never actually acknowledging the difficulty that comes with it.

This hack is just media fodder theres not even a story in it. She has been employed at a reasonable rate that pays her for the work that she does. So what? If she did no work they would be calling her a lazy freeloader and if she does work they are saying shes taking work off someone else.

What is she supposed to do?
Old 12-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Hacking is illegal. Why is it acceptable for the media to print information obtained illegally?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-09-2014, 12:38 AM
Majesty

Because the perpetrators have released far more dangerous information illegally obtained without being hunted down and dealt with. 'There are more important "crimes" out there' than being hacked it seems, so royalty and celebrity are, and will remain, targets of opportunity.

Basically there seems to be an almost total breakdown of the rules of a civilised world and making the 'olds' stand in the bus is but the least of it. It seems we have bred a generation of amoral borderline sociopaths who recognise few boundaries. Not to mention media hacks who don't even bother to check their work before publishing.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with much that has been said here about the hacking of such sensitive and ultimately private information. The problem with today's world is that technology is advancing and changing at a quicker pace than laws, rules, customs and morals can cope with and it is a case of anything goes.
I don't want to generalise, but I think Marg has hit the nail on the head in that we have in our midst a generation of people who have absolutely no sense whatsoever of proportion or of anything outside the periphery of their own little worlds. Recently a young woman working at my partners firm on contract refused an offer to be made permanent because she had a better offer elsewhere - fair enough, good for her. But two months later when she decided she didn't like her new job and preferred her original one, she phoned up to ask for her old job back and then was shocked to to be refused - as if the world should have waited upon her whims!
Back to the topic, I hope that Princess Beatrice sticks with her job and makes as much of a career from it as she can.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Because the perpetrators have released far more dangerous information illegally obtained without being hunted down and dealt with. 'There are more important "crimes" out there' than being hacked it seems, so royalty and celebrity are, and will remain, targets of opportunity.

Basically there seems to be an almost total breakdown of the rules of a civilised world and making the 'olds' stand in the bus is but the least of it. It seems we have bred a generation of amoral borderline sociopaths who recognise few boundaries. Not to mention media hacks who don't even bother to check their work before publishing.
Marg, your assessment of what is happening is right on target. When I see some of these celebs doing instant pictures of themselves it makes me cringe as to why they would even do that for they are inviting the nasty people of the world into their own private place which they shouldn't do. This is inviting trouble because now there are no rules or laws to live by, it's almost like this is a free society and everything and anything goes. Where is the decency and morals of today's youth, there just isn't any and parents aren't teaching their children what is right and what is wrong in the way of living a decent life...........
Old 12-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Royal visitor to York theatre (From York Press)
Old 12-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I love that picture!
Would love to see the play!
EDIT- Just saw " Queen Victoria" LOL!
Old 12-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Beatrice at YMS Christmas Carol Concert 2014

Quote:
Great #Xmas #Concert tonight in @YorkChurch. Really lovely to welcome our patron @yorkiebea who came to see us! Hope to see you again soon- York Musical Society https://twitter.com/yms_uk/status/542451155180064770
sadly no pics yet
Old 12-10-2014, 01:16 AM
Administrator

Please note that posts regarding the identity of those who hacked the Sony website have been deleted. While I understand the context, its not necessary to go down the slippery slope of who is responsible.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 12-10-2014, 02:06 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Please note that posts regarding the identity of those who hacked the Sony website have been deleted. While I understand the context, its not necessary to go down the slippery slope of who is responsible.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator
Thanks Zonk. The important thing is that Beatrice was not the target.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice