Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 14: July 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH princess Beatrice at the Reuben Foundation

http://hrhprincessbeatriceblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/451150885.jpg

HRH princess Beatrice at the Reuben Foundation Adventure in Wonderland party in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity n November 21, 2013 in London, England

Great Ormond Street Hospital in London treats 200,000 in and out patients each year – children who are suffering from the rarest, most complex and often life-threatening conditions. They receive the best medical care that money can buy, but the government funding cannot meet these ever-rising costs, and that’s where the hospital’s charity, Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity, steps in.In 2013 Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity aims to raise over £50 million to ensure the hospital remains world class.

Great Ormond Street Hospital:
Great Ormond Street Hospital - Children's Hospital and Medical Research

Reuben Foundation:
Reuben Foundation

Last edited by a moderator:
Beatrice was at date night with dave the comments on daily are vicious though

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...-another-date-night-with-boyfriend-Dave-Clark

beatrice-445830.jpg

poor girl she doesn't deservet the vicious comments why does the daily publish them? they barely publish negative comments on kate hypocrites the dailymail. Ugh the press ruined it she supposedly has an event with the queen today

BaQxwWWCAAAB4AU.png:large

Last edited:
The comments generally are vicious; I think it has more to do with her parents than with Beatrice, though.

The fact that she doesn't have a job anymore and is only really reported on going to parties etc is used against her. If she had a full-time real job the comments could become more positive but she gave that idea away and her charity work isn't reported so all the general public knows is that she doesn't work and spends her days partying - and so the negative comments.

from what I remember when she had had her job people were still vicious and supposedly she just left her old one to find other opportunities

I think that one of the issues for Beatrice might be her dyslexia. She stayed on an additional year for her A levels because of issues. She did well, and she also did well in her degree. However, reading, writing and calculating speedly and accurately may have caused her issues.

This is speculation on my part, but I think it is a consideration. When she makes speeches at her charities, she learns them off by heart - no reading notes. This is what made me think about this as a possibility.

HRH Princess Beatrice at the Association of Royal Yachtsmen Reception

dave-mcdonald-examiner-article-08-nov-2013-03.jpg

HRH Princess Beatrice was at the Sixtieth anniversary reception of the Association Of Royal Yachtsmen held at Windsor castle on Friday 29 2013.

Press/media outlets confirmed her attendance, sadly no pictures of her yet at the reception maybe we’ll get some in the next few weeks The queen, Prince Philip, The Duke of York, The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence were also present.

———————————————————————————————————————

The Association of Royal Yachtsmen, ‘Yotties’, was founded in 1989 by Albert ‘Dixie’ Deane MBE, RVM. It is dedicated to bringing together many of the estimated 3,296 ‘Yotties’ who served on board HMY BRITANNIA between 14 January, 1954 and 11 December, 1997. They hold an annual dinner dance in late November/early December, usually in the Portsmouth area. Whether you were an Officer (488), Rating (2,634), or RM Bandsman (174), you will be made most welcome and will find joining instructions below.

THE ‘YOTTIES’ HQ

The Royal Yacht Britannia is the Association’s official headquarters. Each year the Yotties return to work alongside Britannia’s new ‘crew’ and undertake a wide range of maintenance jobs. They also keep visitors enthralled with stories of the good old days on board the Royal Yacht. A bronze statue stands at Britannia, commissioned by the Trust, as a tribute to the Officers and Royal Yachtsmen who served on board. The statue model was Ellis ‘Norrie’ Norrell MVO RVM, Britannia’s longest serving Royal Yachtsman who served 34 years from January 1954 to September 1988.

Patron: HM The Queen
President: HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
Vice Presidents: Former Flag Officers The Royal Yacht Britannia
Chairman: Commodore AJC Morrow, CVO
Vice Chairman: A Deane, MBE, RVM
For further information, or if you were a Royal Yachtsman and would like to join the Association, please email: yachtieone@btopenworld.com or visitwww.ary.org.uk/forums/

From: Association Of Royal Yachtsmen - Royal Yacht Britannia - Learn About The Work Of The Britannia Trust - Royal Yacht Britannia

The fact that she doesn't have a job anymore and is only really reported on going to parties etc is used against her. If she had a full-time real job the comments could become more positive but she gave that idea away and her charity work isn't reported so all the general public knows is that she doesn't work and spends her days partying - and so the negative comments.

Ugh--that is bologna on the part of the press and anyone who defends this point of view. HRH Princess Beatrice is 25 years old! As far as I'm concerned, she isn't doing anything that anyone else her age doesn't do--she's trying to find herself. She is trying to find a career and life path that suits her. Sometimes that means quitting a job or taking a break. Sometimes that means traveling the world. And sometimes it is confusing and hard to decide what you want to do with your life--especially in a family where most of you relatives and ancestry don't/didn't have a choice and know what their future looks like from the time of birth.

Ugh--that is bologna on the part of the press and anyone who defends this point of view. HRH Princess Beatrice is 25 years old! As far as I'm concerned, she isn't doing anything that anyone else her age doesn't do--she's trying to find herself. She is trying to find a career and life path that suits her. Sometimes that means quitting a job or taking a break. Sometimes that means traveling the world. And sometimes it is confusing and hard to decide what you want to do with your life--especially in a family where most of you relatives and ancestry don't/didn't have a choice and know what their future looks like from the time of birth.

Perhaps things have changed since I was that age, and younger people think differently now, but in my opinion 25 is well and truly old enough to have made up your mind about what you want to do, at least for the first phase of your working life. I accept that it's fine to change direction if that first career choice doesn't work out, but you have to give it a fair shake and knuckle down and work at it for at least five years in order to find out. A year here trying some job, six months off on hols, a year somewhere else trying out some other job, another six months off partying, etc., just doesn't cut it in my opinion. People should be spending a good deal of time during their university years deciding what they want to do when they finish their degree, and the choice of electives should be made with a career goal in mind. They shouldn't be waiting till they've finished their studies to make that decision.

Perhaps things have changed since I was that age, and younger people think differently now, but in my opinion 25 is well and truly old enough to have made up your mind about what you want to do, at least for the first phase of your working life. I accept that it's fine to change direction if that first career choice doesn't work out, but you have to give it a fair shake and knuckle down and work at it for at least five years in order to find out. A year here trying some job, six months off on hols, a year somewhere else trying out some other job, another six months off partying, etc., just doesn't cut it in my opinion. People should be spending a good deal of time during their university years deciding what they want to do when they finish their degree, and the choice of electives should be made with a career goal in mind. They shouldn't be waiting till they've finished their studies to make that decision.

Things certainly have changed. For starters, earlier generations didn't go to college as readily as today's generation. Especially royals! Folks started families earlier than they do now. And women didn't really have much of a choice about what they did in life--now they do. Not only that, but it's not as if HRH Princess Beatrice is taking six months off just partying. She's doing what royals do--building up her list of patronages, attending charity events to bring attention to organizations that are doing good work. And she's spending time with her boyfriend.

Not only that, but keep in mind that these time tables ("A year here trying some job, six months off on hols, a year somewhere else trying out some other job, another six months off partying") are all pure speculation. We don't know how long Princess Beatrice held her last job.

She started the job in October 2012 and left it in June 2013 so we do know how long she worked - 8 months.

She studied History and History of Ideas and then went for a job in finance - which says she didn't think about a job or career before going to uni as the two don't really to together.

She is certainly old enough to have a clear idea of where she is going. My neice is the same age - 25 and her best friend is exactly the same age, born on the same day in 1988. Both have full-time careers and have worked consistently since leaving school along with going to uni - that is the normal thing for ladies I know, along with the partying and building a relationship not working for 8 months and then quitting and doing nothing other than party.

I think that one of the issues for Beatrice might be her dyslexia. She stayed on an additional year for her A levels because of issues. She did well, and she also did well in her degree. However, reading, writing and calculating speedly and accurately may have caused her issues.

This is speculation on my part, but I think it is a consideration. When she makes speeches at her charities, she learns them off by heart - no reading notes. This is what made me think about this as a possibility.

Speaking as someone who has her own issues when it comes to Math, an actual learning disability, I'm sad to say I completely forgot about Beatrice's Dyslexia. That makes perfect sense though as a reason for her leaving that particular job. Regardless of all the tricks and coping skills she's developed over the years, it would still take her a wee bit longer than the others around her to figure out anything written/printed out. Combine that w/having to also do the math needed for her job and...

Will we hear anything confirming that? Of course not, because I can't see Beatrice ever wanting to "use that as an excuse", because we all know what the Media will do to her if she ever did do that. Still...I think you're on the right track there cepe.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

If her dyslexia affects her ability with maths, why the hell did she take a job in finance?!?

She started the job in October 2012 and left it in June 2013 so we do know how long she worked - 8 months.

She studied History and History of Ideas and then went for a job in finance - which says she didn't think about a job or career before going to uni as the two don't really to together.

She is certainly old enough to have a clear idea of where she is going. My neice is the same age - 25 and her best friend is exactly the same age, born on the same day in 1988. Both have full-time careers and have worked consistently since leaving school along with going to uni - that is the normal thing for ladies I know, along with the partying and building a relationship not working for 8 months and then quitting and doing nothing other than party.

One thing for sure is that we don't know, for a fact, just what Beatrice's mindset is nor what her chief ambition in life really is. Since she met Dave, it very well possibly could be that her dream is to be married and raise a houseful of children. We simply do not know.

The blessing for Beatrice is though that she has the option to pick and choose just what her life will entail whereas the majority of young women of her age do not. Another blessing is to know that no matter what she dreams her life will be like and seek to follow that dream, she knows that its not her job, her money or her prestige that defines her and makes her happy, those are exterior things. Its what makes HER happy that is the most important.

I think part of the problem for Beatrice is that she grew up believing that she would be doing royal duties as an adult as her father and aunt/uncles have done. This has obviously changed in the last few years with the new 'leaner' British royal family and she has been caught in that transition period.

If you are going to be doing royal duties then it would make sense to do a degree in something that interests you but that you may not be able to get a career in easily eg History and History of Ideas rather than Business for example.

Now that Beatrice faces having to work for a living it would appear she is further behind than her peers in determining her career ambitions and goals but this is understandable - most of us start determining this at 14/15 and choose our studies accordingly. Hopefully she works it out soon or the media will continue with their negative stories.

The idea of a leaner royal family has been around since at least 1992 - that is since she was 4.

If her dyslexia affects her ability with maths, why the hell did she take a job in finance?!?

I made it very clear in my post that I was speculating so please do not assume it is a fact. I said it was a possible consideration. I was thinking along the lines of speed of response in a business environment, ie she can do the work but not at the rate required. And I wasnt being specific about Numeracy.

and maybe she discovered that she didnt get any satisfaction from the work.

Moving on..... I noted the wording in the CC about the Yachting event Beatrice attended. It said " Duke of York, with Princess Beatrice......". Maybe she is going to attend appropriate events with him in future.

If Beatrice truly wanted a job in the private sector, one would be found for her, as it was with Eugenie. She could always do a stint in the Royal Collection or in one of London's many museums, etc.

Instead, it seems obvious to me that she intends to become a working Royal, no matter what the Queen or Charles has to say about it. To that end she is accepting patronages, attending events with other Royals, all in an effort to dig herself in.
Perhaps her reasoning is that once she is established, Charles will not insist on getting rid of her, especially since other senior Royals have health issues and are now phasing out their appearances.

Who knows, Beatrice may succeed.

Or perhaps she's just trying to be happy and figure out what she really wants to do in life.

No, that couldn't be the case (I say that with the utmost sarcasm).

If Beatrice truly wanted a job in the private sector, one would be found for her, as it was with Eugenie. She could always do a stint in the Royal Collection or in one of London's many museums, etc.

Instead, it seems obvious to me that she intends to become a working Royal, no matter what the Queen or Charles has to say about it. To that end she is accepting patronages, attending events with other Royals, all in an effort to dig herself in.
Perhaps her reasoning is that once she is established, Charles will not insist on getting rid of her, especially since other senior Royals have health issues and are now phasing out their appearances.

Who knows, Beatrice may succeed.

If Beatrice wants to be a full time royal, she is going to need money from the Queen and then Uncle Charles who may not want to finance her activities. Andrew doesn't really have the money to fund her.

If Beatrice wants to be a full time royal, she is going to need money from the Queen and then Uncle Charles who may not want to finance her activities. Andrew doesn't really have the money to fund her.

True, but once she has established herself as the royal patron of so many organizations, Charles may find himself with little choice (he won't want to upset a great many people by showing Beatrice the door. Besides, he won't want to seem selfish or greedy by reserving patronages for his own family).

Time will tell, but my money's on Beatrice.

True, but once she has established herself as the royal patron of so many organizations, Charles may find himself with little choice (he won't want to upset a great many people by showing Beatrice the door. Besides, he won't want to seem selfish or greedy by reserving patronages for his own family).

If this scenario proves to be true, my money's on Charles. He wouldn't like being manipulated this way by his niece. As far as royal patronages go, I'm not so sure she would work outside the "system". If she's hunting out work for herself this way, I'm sure BP/CH & whoever else is involved will pounce.

Of course there is a choice - she carries on doing it under her own auspices and not those of the Court.

But, the "slimmed down" court was a one-off statement made by a PR person in 1992. Not Charles, never repeated.

Also - organisations write and request patronages and they dont always choose the top team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom